Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 5/2

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee?

Re: Weeks 1-2 (8/1-8/14) Check-in 5/2

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25+3/Aug 12

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Eggplant

Upcoming appointments: nothing for a few weeks

How are you feeling?: good, I feel like I’m really lucking out with this pregnancy so far 

Rants/Raves: Boy names are hard! 

Questions: none

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? Mae Martin, she’s my favorite comedian 

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 26+3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: kale

Upcoming appointments: couple weeks away

How are you feeling?: Not bad! 

Rants/Raves: I'm excited because I got a lot of yard work done today and this place is shaping up a bit. Was extremely sore afterwards and coild barely move. 😂 DW finally finished painting the baby's room! Now the nesting can begin...

Questions: 

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? Julia Stiles? We like the same musician and I saw her at a show once. She just seems cool.

Before/after of the yard

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Aug 4/26+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 🐲

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Kale. But like what? Haha

Upcoming appointments: dentist today! Have had some awolen gums so its good timing. Also bloodwork for iron and GD. They're just doing a blood test here so no orange drink for me! OB next week.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I think some of the illusive fire crotch started last night. Not excited. If it continues I'll call my PT.

Rants/Raves: Our covid numbers keep increasing. Think first wave in the states. We locked down pretty hard and weren't hit very badly, so our "herd immunity" is super low. I also overheard my boss talking about me the other day. I didn't hear anything bad, but like just don't talk about me. 🙄

Questions: NATM 

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? I don't really know... basic bitch in me says Ryan Reynolds or Taylor Swift. 

• Options
    @claireloSC yay yard work! We had some huge trees taken down a few weeks ago, so also have some big brown patches. We are now trying to reseed the grass. 
  • Options
    ashsowers2020ashsowers2020 member
    edited May 2021

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: due date 8/6 / 26w 3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙💙💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: one app says butternut squash, the bump says kale. All I know is he is so strong... his kicks are crazy these days lol 

Upcoming appointments: 

-glucose test next Wednesday, and I am dreading it because sweets are the one thing that still make me nauseous 100% of the time. I am afraid the sugary drink might make me throw up. Also worried that me feeling sick after eating something sweet might mean I have GD... Anyone else experience this? 

28 week ob appt May 19th (and my last monthly visit! I start ever other week after this appt). It’s starting to feel very real now and the nerves are def kicking in. 

How are you feeling?: super tired allll the time. Allergies have been awful and I can’t take the extra strength sinus medicine I would normally take when my sinuses get this bad 😩 I’m getting anxious about baby’s arrival. The nerves are definitely setting in. 

Rants/Raves: we are just about done baby’s nursery! I’m super excited about it because I couldn’t come up with a theme but somehow I was able to throw something together 😂

Questions: only the one I asked about about GD if anyone has any insight to whether or not my aversions to sweets may indicate GD/ if anyone has experienced similar. Just trying to prepare myself mentally for what may be to come lol

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? Tim Tebow for sure. I was never a fan of him while he played football, but I love love LOVE what he stands for as an individual, and who he is as a husband and man of God and how he impacts the lives of everyone around him. I especially love what he does for those with special needs, and the efforts he puts into the fight agains human trafficking. He just has such a beautiful love for God and every single person in our world, it’s just very inspirational to me in a time when we are seeing so many bad things happening, and in a world where there’s so much hate. Please note that I do respect other people’s beliefs about God and I am in no way trying to push my personal beliefs on anyone :) 

• Options
    @ashsowers2020 - I don’t think an aversion to sugary things is a GD indicator. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that craving sugary things could be a sign of GD...but of course I’m sure that’s just something I read on the internet so take that with a grain of salt! When I was looking up symptoms of GD it was really hard to find any. 

Also my mom is also obsessed with Tim Tebow. She bought me tickets to a Brad Paisley concert for my birthday one year and Tebow made a surprise appearance. She was so mad lol she said she would have kept the tickets for herself if she knew Tebow would be there. 
  • Options

Rants/Raves: Boy names are hard! 

Lol my husband and I had a girl name picked out pretty quick that we both loved pretty much since we found out we were pregnant, and we knew if we were having a boy it would take some time to pick one we liked. And of course, we’re having a boy. It took us 2 weeks to agree on something we both like (and I know that’s not a lot of time, but as quickly as we picked a girl name this was much longer haha). We couldn’t decide if we wanted to pass on the name my husband and his father have or to give him his own name. We eventually decided to not pass down the name and chose Benjamin Eli, we love it! 
  • Options
    @ashsowers2020 FWIW, I was just diagnosed with GD. I didn't feel sick at all with the drink. On the 3 hour, I felt really sleepy and the rest of the day I just felt icky in general. But I haven't craved sweets during pregnancy, I have no risk factors for GD (except being AMA), and had no symptoms to make me think I might test positively. My BFF is a midwife (not MY midwife though-boundaries!) and she was shocked I was positive. So I know that might not be reassuring, but I guess I hope your takeaway can be that over analyzing yourself isn't worth it, because you never know until you test. 😉
  • Options
    And to counter @shoogapoff I have some risk factors including my brother having Type 1 diabetes and yet have passed twice now. Who knows!
    @doodlemom131
    The brown spots are more eye pleasing to me than overgrown weeds and brambles! But yeah I'm hoping the seeds will take and we can get some nice grass growing over there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options

@ashsowers2020 I don't think that means you have GD.  I had GD with my son and my daughter and didn't have an aversion to sweets at all!

Since I had GD with my last two, I'm hoping if I fail this time we can skip the three hour and just assume I have it.  I don't know if that works with insurance though.  Who knows..

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: C-Section scheduled for August 2nd - 25 +1 now

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Acorn squash - whatever that is!

Upcoming appointments:  4 week check up on May 5th, and doing my glucose test on Monday the 10th

How are you feeling?:  Awful.  So nauseous the last few days.  I'm okay before I eat, and then as soon as I do it's all over for the rest of the day.

Rants/Raves: MH keeps leaving the basement door unlocked.  It's making me so mad.  I've asked 400 times to make sure he locks it after he goes out or in.  JUST LOCK IT

Questions:

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee?  Even though he's dead, I'd like to meet Benjamin Franklin.  He's my great great great x4..... grandfather.  I think that would be cool.

• Options
    @ladyk127 so crazy that you have your c-section date scheduled! It must make it that much more real for you. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: August 6th. 26+change 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink! 

Upcoming appointments: After an April that was full of too many appointments I am glad that I only have one regular OB appointment scheduled for later in the month. Although I will also have to do a walk in appointment for glucose testing. 

How are you feeling?: Huge. And it seems way too early to be feeling this way. I guess that's what baby #3 will do. Aches and pains, heartburn, the usual. 

Rants/Raves: Thank you to everyone who gave me advice last week on talking to my kids about death and dying. We ended up putting our sick senior kitty to sleep on Thursday, and my kids' great grandmother died yesterday. So, it's been an emotional week for MH and I, but the kids are holding up well. I expect that they will have more questions when we have services for her later on. 

Rave: MH started and finished the flooring in our bedroom this weekend. It feels amazing to step out of bed onto a clean floor. 2 more bedrooms to go...hoping to get it done by the beginning of July. 

Questions: So with both kiddos I had unmedicated births, but with this one I'm feeling so much more tired and my body hurts. I've been toying with the idea of a medicated birth this time if things become too intense. For those of you who have had epidurals in the past, what do you wish you had known before choosing the epidural? 

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? I'll have to get back to you on that. 
  • Options
    @dancingnarwhal, that's what I thought when I was pregnant with my son, but now that MH vetoes almost every girl name that I like, I'm starting to feel that this girl is more difficult to name. If this baby was a boy, he likely would have been Milo or Desmond. 

@claireloSC, Yes! Yard work always feels therapeutic to me. I'd rather sweat outside than clean house any day. 

• Options
    @coastalmomma3 - We’ve had a girl name picked out for like a year lol. And we have 2 back ups. The biggest issue is neither of us can come up with a name we really love so we don’t even have a list for the other one to veto! 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy It totally does.  Weird that I already know their birthday!  This is my third c-section so they submitted the paperwork so I could get on the schedule "with a date that worked for me" the dr said.  I was like well I've kept that week pretty open so I think anything should be okay..... Nice of you to consider my social calendar though!

• Options
    edited May 2021
    @costalmomma3 re: epidural, the main thing that was important to me was not having a resident do the procedure. My son was born righhttt after the brand new baby residents started on July 1, and I was not interested in being a guinea pig. Since we are a month later, it may not be as big of a deal. I just insisted on an attending doing the epidural and that was that. I am very big on teaching within a profession and know there are a ton of fantastic residents out there, but it just helped keep my anxiety down after I had a bad experience with a spinal tap growing up.

ETA- if you still want to go epidural free, you should look into whether your hospital offer nitrous gas. I know some are offering that as a pain management option during labor.
  • Options
    @costalmomma3 re: epidural, the main thing that was important to me was not having a resident do the procedure. My son was born righhttt after the brand new baby residents started on July 1, and I was not interested in being a guinea pig. Since we are a month later, it may not be as big of a deal. I just insisted on an attending doing the epidural and that was that. I am very big on teaching within a profession and know there are a ton of fantastic residents out there, but it just helped keep my anxiety down after I had a bad experience with a spinal tap growing up.

ETA- if you still want to go epidural free, you should look into whether your hospital offer nitrous gas. I know some are offering that as a pain management option during labor.
    With my daughter I had 3 nurses holding me down because my back is super sensitive to touch. I told them I was 100% positive I wouldn’t be able to sit still and I needed them to hold me as tight as they could, and to not worry about hurting me I just didn’t want to jump and something to happen and cause me to be hurt or paralyzed. The nurses said they could feel my body trying to jerk backwards as the needle was inserted. I definitely wouldn’t want a resident doing mine, my nerves would be way worse. Nothing against residents, but getting an epidural was already scary enough for me. 

and thank you for the advice about nitrous gas! I am trying my hardest to go epidural free this go around (although I will let them know I’m not opposed to it if the pain gets to be too much). But the nitrous gas may help me to accomplish that. I didn’t know there was an alternative to epidural for pain management. 
  • Options
    @coastalmomma3 getting the epidural itself was fine. it does tend to slow down labor so ideally you would be at least 5cm before getting it (at least, I think that's the guideline) but I had to get mine at 2cm because I was not progressing. I definitely wouldn't have had a vaginal delivery without it, and it let me rest, but then I did need pitocin and stuff like that (which was fine, honestly). You have to change positions a bunch to get it to apply to each side, which caused some other problems because my baby was already in distress, but that isn't a normal circumstance so you shouldn't have to worry about that, more just knowing you will have to shift from side to side.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for your advice. From what I remember four years ago, gas was not an option. I'll have to ask about it again though since I think I'd prefer that to an epi. 

@ashsowers2020 here you can also opt for intravenous drugs, but I have had friends who had bad experiences with them. During the "natural" labor class I took way back when, the nurse also said that she'd recommend an epi over intravenous drugs if we chose to use pain management. 

@claireloSC, I hadn't thought about changing positions often. My other hesitation is that I felt better when I was able to walk and move while I was in labor, which may have helped speed things along and I know with the epi I'll be confined to the bed. Decisions, decisions.