May Symptoms

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: May Symptoms

• I look 6 months pregnant even though I'm only 15 weeks pregnant. Third babies, man.

I have very *ahem* frisky dreams at night 😘. Luckily DH doesn't mind being woken up at 2 am for marital relations 🤪. 

I'm bloated and still have lingering nausea. Still can't stomach *most* meat, and the smell/taste of coffee wants makes me want to hurl my guts 😥. I'm so tired. The only thing I crave is fruit. And lots of it. All of the fruit. 

Round ligament pain is happening, but thankfully it doesn't last long. 

Sleep in general is in the pooper. I'm a terrible side sleeper, but back and belly sleeping isn't an option anymore! Thankfully my friend gave me her pregnancy pillow (had to toss mine since it got leaked on while in storage and is beyond salvaging)  
  • Holy restless legs! 😭 I’m never going to sleep again. 

@vampirina I craved fruit at one point with DD. I’m with you on the crappy sleep. If it’s not because I’m on my side, it’s because I have to pee. 🤣
    TTC History

• Loading the player...
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    @vampirina I've started hoarding my DHs pillows and all the blankets to make my pregnancy nest 😂 I really dislike side sleeping too.

My boobs are growing at an alarming rate and equally as sensitive 😩
  • @chindimples04 i HATE restless legs! I get them so bad at night before bed some nights and cannot relax and I so want to be able to just relax and read a book to wind down before bed without having to do bicycle legs or walk around or flail my legs like a crazy person to try and get the jitters out 😂

also ligament pains and pelvic pressure are rougher this time around already. Probably because I got pregnant like 4 months post partum. When I am on my feet for awhile or am sitting a long time and get up I feel like everything is going to fall out 🙈 also had this weird pain when pushing on my belly button last night but now it’s gone. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Round ligament and my pelvic pressure is also at an all time high. The pelvic pressure and discomfort is awful. It actually feels like my hips are separating slowly. I’m going to see what stretches or excercjses and can do to help🤦🏻‍♀️ Sleeping on my side at night seems to make it worse as well
  • I have super intense restless leg syndrome and found the only way to beat it is to... go to bed as soon as the creepy crawling feeling starts. It sucks because its starts so early, but its always been my body's way of saying "go the flick to sleep." If I go to bed quickly enough it fades, but if I don't I end up awake all night with the sensation ☹
  • @cait32 My OB recommends a multi in addition to prenatal vitamins that contains calcium, vitamin D, zinc, and magnesium (Nature Made). I'm not sure whether it has enough magnesium to help with eyelid twitches, though, or whether there is an upper limit to how much magnesium you are allowed to have.
  • I had asked my OB about one of those magnesium leg creams for restless legs last pregnancy and they weren’t really comfortable with it 😭 so I didn’t use it. I guess since all that stuff isn’t FDA regulated they said there could be too much magnesium for baby in it 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • I’m mourning the loss of my IV my home health care nurse put in. Those fluids for the last 4 days were super helpful. I’m also super constipated, struggling with insomnia, and having some sharp RLP.
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    I can agree with the restless legs at night. It’s so annoying and my DH thinks I’m insane cause I can’t sit still. Still fairly nauseous however I did get a wicked sunburn on Saturday to the point I couldn’t walk for a day and I wanted to cry when I put clothes on... so needless to say I didn’t pay much attention to how nauseous I was... only how much my skin felt like someone poured acid all over it. Pretty fantastic weekend. 
  • @mac-n-cheesy I’m so so sorry you’re still battling HG and only get temporary relief with the IV fluids- they probably feel amazing but then make it all the worse when you have to be done them again and go back to dehydration. I’m so done with being nauseous and being on bonjesta bc I’m so exhausted but it doesn’t even compare to that you’re still feeling like I did the first 3 months so I’m truly sorry you aren’t getting more relief. Hang in there! 
  • @momofmiracles31889 You got it right about what’s been going on with me. Thank you for the support and I hope you feel better. I’m doing the best I can to make it through each day.
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    @mac-n-cheesy so sorry you’re still not feeling well. I feel for you. Hopefully you get some relief soon!

also to add to my growing list of complaints... my chest palpitations are back. It’s been about 4 days straight intermittently. My pulse is irregular at times. I refuse to go back to my PCP because they charged me an arm and a leg for all this testing and found nothing. However during the EKG and monitor I never had the palpitations. It’s sooo frustrating. I will however bring it up to my OB next week when I see him. 
  • @k_rn21 sorry you’re still dealing with your heart struggles I hope it resolves soon for you!!

So I just tested positive for covid today 😫 my dad thought he just had allergies which was reasonable bc they’ve been bad lately and my mom helps me out with my kids. Yesterday she was over and started feeling pretty tired and then when she got home got really achy and got a rapid test from cvs today and it was positive. My dad tested too then also positive. So I got a rapid test done at DH’s work and it was positive too. I started with symptoms today. DH was negative for now so we decided I’ll quarantine with my parents at their house bc our house is too small for me to stay apart plus our kids are too young to understand that so it’s just better I’m not there. I sobbed on my way over though bc it’s so hard to leave my babies 😢 also feel so bad for DH having to take over everything hes a super dad. Just praying they all stay healthy despite me probably exposing them for a short time before I knew. We figure if they all end up sick too I’ll just come home but for now with them all healthy don’t want me to keep exposing them 
  • @momofmiracles31889, oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope it stays mild for you and your family stays healthy. Keeping you in my thoughts ❤
  • tari_saratari_sara member
    edited May 2021
    Constipation has started and this weird symptom. My stomach gurgles when I breathe deeply. Anyone else?

@momofmiracles31889 I hope for your speedy recovery! Is your DH eligible for a vaccine now? May be worth taking it.
  • Thank you @galentine and @tari_sara! Thankfully so far it’s just kinda felt like I have a really bad head cold.

So my husband’s work started giving them out very briefly to everyone but then stopped bc of the issues with J and J and only very recently resumed. He’s gonna wait until this all plays out since he was exposed and might still get it. They actually say not to get the vaccine if you already have covid/immunity to it so we’ll look into that first but if he doesn’t get it and is not immune he plans to get it following this debacle ha I just wasnt comfortable getting it during pregnancy. I respect those of you who decided to’s decisions for sure; just didn’t feel comfortable personally with some of the info my doctors gave me. Thankfully my SIL and a family friend both had it while pregnant and fared fine so hoping for the same outcomes. 
  • @momofmiracles31889 I had COVID around 4.5-6.5 weeks pregnant. I was actually given the okay to get the vaccine as soon as I was symptom free by MFM, (the CDC also says you can receive the vaccine before the 90 day so long as you are symptom free and did not receive treatment for Covid) but choose not to. Smart to quarantine away from the kiddos. I hope your symptoms stay relatively mild. It was definitely a scary feeling. ❤️
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 thanks for sharing! My husband and I will definitely do more research to see what he wants to do after this vaccine wise. What were your symptoms like when you had it and how long did it last for you? I’m hoping I’ll fare ok because I do have a strong immune system (I taught preschool for 4 years before our family started and the first year I got everything under the sun and by the last year I didn’t get sick at all haha) but it is scary since this is new and many unknowns. And I just hate being away from my family but feels like the smart thing for their safety 
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    @momofmiracles31889 ugh I’m so sorry. I can’t believe I haven’t tested positive yet. We had it in my nursing facility several months back. It was a nightmare for my older patients but I take a risk daily at work so it’s definitely stressful. If it makes you feel better my DH had it, my daughter and I were never affected. His symptoms were rather mild and recovered well. Hopefully you and your family do as well. Hugs! 
  • @momofmiracles31889 so sorry! Wishing you a speedy recovery and that DH and the kids don't get it!
  • @momofmiracles31889 Oh, man. That stinks. Glad your dad had such mild symptoms, at least.
  • @momofmiracles31889 shortness of breath, headache, congestion, mild aches, cough, chest tightness. My oxygen levels severely tanked. I’ve been teaching 4 years and my immune system did not hold up well. I was still dealing with the shortness and cough for 5 weeks after testing positive. All other symptoms were gone after about 7 days. 
    TTC History

• @momofmiracles31889 I got COVID last year and was sick for 3 weeks and scared for my life as I couldn't breathe to the point that I told my now husband to not leave the room since I couldn't call 911 if I pass out. This made me strongly consider the vaccine to protect not only myself in the future, but the baby, as well as other folks around me. Talk to your OB and MD - I know it's scary since it's new and unknown but it also is wonderful to know that you are protected. I know at least 2 people from work now who got vaccinated and did not get sick or test positive when someone from their household got sick. It works. 
  • @cait32 So crazy reading your symptom of the twitching eye. My left eye has been twitching all day. Never even knew it was a pregnancy thing??? I just though it was cause I was so anxious for my 20 week scan tomorrow morning(19 weeks Saturday).

@mac-n-cheesy So sorry you are still dealing with all of that. I cannot even imagine. I am always nauseous my whole pregnancy and this is just too much to handle for me. I really hope you get some relief soon. Ugh!!!! 

@momofmiracles31889 Nooo! Not Covid. I hope your symptoms are only mild and you can return to your family soon. In some sense you are lucky you have another household you can go to to keep your husband and kiddos safe, but still. Not an ideal situation. Hope everyone is doing ok. 

I am feeling better! Still nauseous most all day but it’s very manageable until the evening. I’ve been going nuts cleaning and decluttering. I don’t know, nesting all ready!?! Lol I can’t wait to figure out what baby us tomorrow so I can really plan. 
  • Baby has been like, twisting or rolling around in my stomach? The first time it happened I actually got lightheaded 😂 
    it’s a very slow sensation, and sometimes she’ll do that then kick me or whatever. 
    I’m still pretty blown away at how much I’ve felt recently. I started feeling things about a month ago, and it’s only increased since then. 
    It was pretty much confirmed at my appointment yesterday too that everything I’ve been feeling is legit when she found the baby in my stomach with her hand. That location was where I had been feeling it all the past week or so! 

My lower back pain just sucks. I really need to start investing time in some good stretches. 
    I’ve also gained 5lbs since my 12w appt, 18w now. So I’m happy about that. 
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    I’m exhausted. 17+3 and just so tired that any chance I get to sit down I fall asleep. I know I have a 12yr old and two toddlers, I know I don’t sleep well but this is crazy. I’m taking the vitamins and able to eat twice a day now. Really upsets me that if I’m this tired now how am I going to handle a newborn? 
  • I had to pluck nose hairs that had gotten too long for the first time in my life. Dear lord, is this a pregnancy thing, or just an over 35 thing? Either way, not cool...
  • This is more of a mental health symptom than anything, so TW just in case:

I am having major anxiety over feeling like something is wrong or something isn’t right. Not having a 16 week appointment has really messed with my head and I’m feel very anxious over not having baby boy checked on. I keep panicking that something is wrong. I can’t shake the feeling. I’m not really feeling him move much and I feel like I could feel DD more often at this point. Maybe I’m not remembering correctly. Basically, I’m having a rough mental health day. I don’t think the subsiding of symptoms is helping, either, even though I KNOW it’s normal to feel more human this trimester.

TTC History

• @chindimples04 hugs. It is seriously so hard when there isn't much indication if things are going well. 
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    @chindimples04 I get like that also. I’m sorry you’re going through such anxiety. It’s no fun. I started my Zoloft a few weeks ago which has helped but I still constantly worry. Can you get yourself a fetal Doppler? I bought mine on Amazon with my DD and have used it a few times just to hear this baby’s heartbeat and puts my mind at ease. 
  • @k_rn21 I actually have one. I’ve been having a really hard time find it. I think I may have another anterior placenta. I also think my bladder is in the way because I sometimes have a hard time even finding my placenta. I thought it would help my anxiety but I’m not sure if it is or making it worse. I have been off my meds for a few months, just because I wasn’t keeping pills down, and I haven’t started them back up again yet. I probably should wean back into them. 
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 I'm so sorry. I hope it eases up for you soon, or baby starts moving. Are you able to do an impromptu appointment to ease your fears?
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    @chindimples04 may not be a bad idea if your anxiety continues to worsen. Trust me, I know how you feel and it just plain sucks. I still don’t feel this one really move. I’m only 16 wks now but like others have said they feel movement and what not it’s just hard not to worry all the time during pregnancy. It can be the best and worst thing all wrapped into one. Hope you start feeling better. 
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    So today I’ve had a headache that will not go away. I’ve taken Tylenol. Drank water. Got my dose of caffeine. Nothing has helped. I also have back pain on my upper right side and this weird pain on the upper left part of my stomach and there is a small bulge that appeared. Anyone else experiencing any of this?
  • I am 19+3 and so anxious that I don’t feel movement. I know it’s totally normal not to at this point, but it’s also my third baby so you would think it would start earlier this time! 😭😭 I had an appt April 27th to hear the heartbeat and have my anatomy scan June 3rd and I’m just like obsessively sitting and trying to feel something but I just don’t. 
  • @kitandcat anterior placentas totally mess with movement! I had one with my daughter and we didn’t feel movement until after 20 weeks, closer to 21. It’s so weird to me that I can feel this babe already. My placenta obviously isn’t in front this girl around. I’ve noticed a lot more movement when I wear pants, too. He does NOT like pants. He’s so chill if I’m wearing a dress.
    TTC History

• My boob is leaking already. SO ANNOYING!! 
  • @demimondaine started at 17 weeks with my first! I was hospitalized at 19 weeks in the postpartum floor and would LET DOWN when the babies cried. 🤣🤣 I was so freaked out. 😆 
    TTC History

• k_rn21k_rn21 member
    So I had a near passing out episode at work today. Got super nauseous, hot, ears started ringing, vision started to go.. all while just sitting in my chair. Cracked the window and drank some water. Some other nurses checked me out. Saw the OB today and they aren’t sure why. Just basically told me to increase my water intake and also referred me to a cardiologist for continued palpitations. Yay pregnancy!