TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 5.3

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17 + 2, due Oct 9th

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: “a cute vintage wallet” 😆😆

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: I had one last week, listened to the heartbeat and all sounds good. Now I have to wait until the anatomy scan on June 3rd 😭 a month away!! 

How are you feeling?: good! My body feels heavy, sleep is a pain, but overall pretty good.

Rants/Raves: I’m anxious about the anatomy scan and seeing a healthy baby. When I push that out of my head, I’m really excited to learn the sex! That would mean officially picking a name, decorating the nursery, buying a go-home outfit, etc.  

GTKY: Keep cats, music and pasta 😆

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 16+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: in two weeks

How are you feeling?: Nauseated, weirdly. It's like my first and second trimesters flipped, because I've hardly felt bad at all until the last couple weeks! (It miiiiiight have something to do with the seriously hot weather rolling in, to be fair.)

Rants/Raves: I love my doctor. I hate my insurance company. That's all.

GTKY: I'll keep tacos, chocolate, and books. Being pregnant and having a toddler has taken away a lot of other things on the list already. 🙃

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 27/14+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:He can now hear sounds/Pokémon card

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan 6/10 😭😭 8 weeks is too long between appointments!

How are you feeling?: actually really good! Nausea is almost entirely subsided. Now just battling the CONSTANT need to pee! 

Rants/Raves: almost finished building all the nursery furniture, which I’m happy about! Rant is that we started paying for daycare this week for this baby, who won’t be attending until JANUARY! I know infant spots are hard to come by, but paying DOUBLE for daycare for an unborn child frustrates me beyond belief.

Questions: nope

GTKY: dogs, pasta, and tacos

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chipmunk without a tail

Upcoming appointments: This Friday

How are you feeling?: Good. Though the round ligament pain has started. I swear I can feel my uterus getting bigger and bigger.

Rants/Raves: We had a really great weekend. Got a new camper so got some necessities for it. And went to the zoo yesterday and played with the water table.

Questions: I don't remember GI issues with DS, anyone else feel like pregnancy has messed with those schedules?

GTKY: Pasta, books and chocolate. 

• @chindimples04 is that the only way you could secure a spot?! That's just bonkers to me!
  • @chindimples04 yes I had question about this too, is this to secure a spot and will be credited towards when baby will start???
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17w

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: tall as a tissue box, pomegranate 

FTM/STM/TTM+: ttm

Upcoming appointments: May 24 for 20w us

How are you feeling?: Like a balloon and thirsty af

Rants/Raves: People keep asking me if we've chosen a name already and my answer is NO. Even if we did, we're not telling anyone to avoid negative feedback. People will know after baby is born.

Questions: Has anyone felt baby move yet?

GTKY: Books, music, and TACOS!!

• @vampirina @gingermama46 yes, only way to hold a spot. It’s in home, so she can only have 2 under 2, and she has someone who wants both spots, so I have to pay for his spot now. No credit, it’s just lost money, unless she finds a child to temporarily take the spot.
    TTC History

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Oct 10th, 17+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pomegranate

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM 

Upcoming appointments: none this week

How are you feeling?: I felt good after dinner last night for the first time in a long time!!

Rants/Raves: We ended up announcing to our families yesterday... It was unplanned, but worked out nicely. My parents and in-laws came over for dinner and my older son told them that Mommy had a baby in her belly.  We then had to call our siblings to tell them, so we took turns video chatting until everyone was in the loop!  My son seemed to have a lot of fun sharing the news with everyone!

Questions: 

GTKY: I'll have to keep my phone, music and coffee!

@vampirina +1 to the FB sentiment

@chindimples04 all the rage for daycare costs!

@kitandcat our due dates are 1 day apart and I am going for my A/S 2 weeks before you, which might not actually be a good thing, because I feel like mine is sooo early, and will probably result in me having to go back due to them not being able to get all of the images.

@gingermama46 pregnancy messes with all of my schedules!

@denise89_ name feedback is the worst!  I don't care what you think of my name, positive or negative!

• @chindimples04 Oof! We lucked out and got a spot that they will hold open from September to January without having to pay.

@gingermama46 My guts are a total mess and have been since week 5. I can only assume it will get worse from here.

@denise89_ Yeah, some, but we're going long stretches in between at times. We're not sharing names with anyone right now, so my FIL and SIL have decided they're going to come up with their own names in the meantime, and I hate what they picked. 🙄
  • edited May 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 12/16w6 days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: Monthly check in with midwife in 2 weeks then anatomy scan at the end of the month!! @kitandcat we are a few days apart and my anatomy scan is May 26 where I'll be 20w1d...now i'm wondering if mine is too early like @cenzosmomma said! 

How are you feeling?: exhausted. truly. I didn't take good care of myself over the weekend (ate lots of crap lol) and am now feeling the after effects. Sleeping has been tough the last few nights so am hoping tonight will be better!

Rants/Raves: People are already starting to touch my belly without asking first. NOPE. Also everyone saying "OMG YOU'RE NOT FINDING OUT THE GENDER??? I COULD NEVER DO THAT." Cool, Karen, way to make it about you! 

Questions: NADA

GTKY: Keep tacos, dogs & chocolate.

• @cait32 No previous GD, I'm just overweight. I looked up my previous results and with my last pregnancy I was at 80. This time I was at 129, but my provider's normal threshold is 70-134 instead of the typical 139. I don't think I'll have to make any modifications before the next test.

@denise89_ Like others, I've had sporadic movement, usually when I'm really still and it's nice and quiet, but nothing I can count on. Same on the name thing too. I don't plan on telling anyone (other than internet strangers) until birth. When DH and I are alone, we will refer to the baby by name, but if anyone else is around he's "Baby Brother" or "Baby E."
  • chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited May 2021
    @galentine are you sure we aren’t he same person? Although I’m jealous. I’d take 60%, we are paying full price. 🤪 Our in home daycare lady is making more than I do in 2 weeks in half the time.....

@gingermama46 my guts a mess. I’ll go 48-72 hours without going, then go 3 times in a day. 
    @denise89_ yep! Not often, but every once in a while I can feel tiny kicks. I can catch consistent movement on my doppler, though.
    @aztecash literally the hardest one I’ve ever seen! 
    TTC History

• @galentine @chindimples04 I've heard of having to pay a deposit, but not having to make monthly payments! Do those payments at least go towards your first few weeks/months of childcare, or are you essentially paying half/full now just to have the spot when you need it THEN you keep paying?? Ugh that is so crazy either way.
  • @galentine seriously books v music was a hard decision. And I picked music and now totally think I’d switch to books. Then I’d want to switch back. I guess I should just get rid of my cat and keep both 🤣🤣🤣
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/24, 15+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a navel orange

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday 5/10, just a regular check up at 16 weeks

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, although exhausted. Starting to show more noticeably now - I've been able to mostly hide the bump with flowy tops but am starting to break out the actual maternity clothes. I have told my coworkers about the baby but not my students (high school) so I should probably tell them soon.

Rants/Raves: I ranted quite a bit in randoms about what to do for a "sprinkle" my mom wants to have for the baby this summer but having 1 or 2 relatives who are likely not going to be vaccinated despite having the opportunity.

Questions:

GTKY: pasta, wine, and music. although this is an impossible list!

• @grangerhp37 full price, no refund, no credit. Just lying as if he were actually there. If she can fill it temporarily, we don’t have to pay and still keep our spot, but that feels unlikely at this point.
    TTC History

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: This one is my favorite so far -- the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch 🤣

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Hopefully nothing additional until A/S on the 24th
    How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty normal! My energy is back, so I'm able to run most days. I wish I could run as far as I usually do, but I can't keep my heart rate low enough after a certain distance. I won't be able to do the half marathon I wanted to next weekend, but I'm signed up for the 5k instead.
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- My birthday is this week, and I'll officially be in the dreaded Advanced Maternal Age category. Rave -- My parents got me a super soft nightgown and cozy bathrobe, so planning on taking those to the hospital.
    Questions: Has anyone thrown/been to a baby shower that was actually fun? Someone asked me this week if I wanted one. I don't, but it's because all the ones I've been to were really awkward.
    GTKY: I have a dog and a cat, so they're in. I'll really miss chocolate and beer, but I'm going to be pretty bored without any of the other things, so I'll pick my phone. At least I can read articles and PDFs then.
  • @noprobalo the key to super fun baby showers is to have a lot of them. I know that sounds weird and obnoxious, but its more fun when you divide it up by friend/family groups. This means more, but smaller showers. For my first child, we had five showers - one for DH family and family friends, one for my family, and one for my friends, one for DHs friend group, and one for DHs, work. All were hosted by different people (we are very lucky to be so loved). There was some overlap in attendees but we made it super clear that we didn't want them doubling up on gifts. But since it was so divided, it felt more like a bunch of parties and oh the cake has a baby on it because there wasn't any awkward intros. Everyone knew each other already.  Two of the three also had both men and women invited which made it feel more relaxed as well... I think my smallest shower had only 8 people including myself.. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16w + 4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Avocado

Upcoming appointments: May 26th gender US 😍

How are you feeling?: my hips and pelvic area is so sore and so uncomfortable. Other than that I feel pretty good

Rants/Raves: DS is 3 tomorrow but wow the tantrums and whining are real and each day seems to be getting harder and harder to deal with. My patience is about a -10 which I’m emotionally struggling with and feel so guilty.

Questions: any good pelvic stretches or exercises/ programs you like?

GTKY: Music, Coffee, Netflix 

• @noprobalo where did you find monty python baby comparisons??? That is awesome!

@cenzosmomma @chindimples04 @noprobalo glad I am not the only one with weird GI schedule. Maybe I'm ignorant to what I had with DS because this feels out of the norm.

@galentine @chindimples04 that's crazy on the daycare! Though you found what works for you and your family and that is what's important!

@cait32 we had a different camper that we shared with MIL but we have grown out of that one. We bought this one from DH's godfather (and they had bought it from MIL, so full circle haha). We love to camp and are so excited for this purchase! Since we got it from family, it was honestly a steal. It's a travel trailer, so it hitches to the back of our truck. Essentially yes, the difference is more with motorhomes and travel trailers/RV's but people use the titles interchangeably. Motorhomes are those big buses that folks can drive and then camp or live out of those.
  • @gingermama46 https://babysizer.com/ on the geeky setting. But it's not just Monty Python, unfortunately.
  • @noprobalo that is so cool! Though disappointing it's not just Monty Python, I was hoping for a week 30 your baby is the size of the Killer Rabbit   :D 
  • @kateshepherd828 oh god! How uncomfortable. One of my best friends touched my stomach for the first time like two weeks ago and although I didn’t care, it still was a weird feeling. 😂😂

@noprobalo i totally hear you. I was just at my cousins baby shower and it was so awkward for some reason. I do agree with the others that splitting them up may help. But I also feel weird assuming that my husbands side will throw a shower for me. 😭 LOL 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17w6d. 18 tomorrow!!! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a croissant 🥐 

FTM/STM/TTM+: first time!

Upcoming appointments: next midwife appointment is this Friday 5/7 and my anatomy scan is 5/21 🥰

How are you feeling?: eh? So glad I can keep food down, nausea is pretty much nada anymore. But the round ligament and back pain is just terrible. 

Rants/Raves: I’m finally feeling like I look more “pregnant” hopefully instead of just really bloated lol. 

Questions: anybody use the doona car seat/stroller? I have it on my registry. It looks nice! 

GTKY: this question is literally impossible. Mostly because I’m not sure there is a life without pasta.