Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 4.28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Wednesday 4.28

• Month/Cycle: 23/2 AL

CD: 55

WAYDTGKU: NTNP, temping

R/R: back to work today. I’m glad I took yesterday off too as a day to recover from everything over the weekend. I went to a plant store and bought a bunch of flowers and a couple lilac bushes for the garden. DH put them in right away and I planted all the annals in pots for the deck and front porch steps. I’m loving how my garden is looking, though DH still has a ton of work to do with the edging project he started last spring.

CS/Q 

• Loading the player...
  • Good morning @gingermama29 planting flowers is the best, I love gardening and seeing all the fruits, literally and figuratively, of my labor

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: charting, OPK

R/R: Rave: Smoothies with bananas in them!  I made a smoothie Monday with no banana and it was not great, picked up bananas at the store yesterday and my spinach, blueberry, banana smoothie this morning is delicious!

CS/Q: nothing right now

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited April 2021
    @gingermama29 please come do my garden, I love looking at flowers and such but have no idea how to pick the right ones and take care of them 😆 hope you all enjoy!

@bows22 I’m sad you’re back here but happy we’re in wto together! Sorry about AF, that wench. I’m excited you are making moves ❤️

Month/Cycle: 2 

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: OPK, CM

R/R: rant- i got the covid vaccine Thursday and then AF Friday and my stomach has been so messed up since. I’ve ranted about this everywhere I posted lol, but I’m so over it! We played volleyball last night and I had to go explode in the bar’s bathroom beforehand (sorry for the tmi haha). Just stop 😩 Rave- the weather has been amazing here the past couple of days! It’s supposed to rain today and tomorrow though, but we’re having a small derby party on Saturday and the weather looks *chefs kiss*

CS/Q: nope. Just interested to see if I even get an LH surge or not this month. I guess I’ll start testing in a couple days. 

• @jlbaker08 my biggest hang up with smoothies is that they all have banana in them haha

@b_1029 when the notification came up that you tagged me I felt like I went back in time hahaha. That sucks your stomach is still messed up. That happened to a FB friend of mine too - so strange that everyone reacts so differently 
  • @bows22 oh no!  bananas might be my UO tomorrow   :D I hate it when AF comes in unannounced, just boom out of nowhere. 
    @b_1029 a derby party!?  what are you having?  I bet that will be so much fun!

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Mira fertility test system (just arrived yesterday so I’ll start testing after AF), sex, I’ll start tracking CM this cycle too

R/R: happy to start a new cycle just because the last one was a bit wonky (gonna blame stress, 2nd Covid shot). It’s finally sunny here after what feels like weeeeeeeeeks of gray skies. My broken toe is feeling a bit better so I might try a walk later or at least do some yoga by my office window. 

CS/Q: none yet

@bows22 I really feel like age 21 or so no woman should ever have to be surprised by AF. I feel like everybody pays their ruin-the-pants dues as a teen and by your 20s AF should be kind enough to give a warning. Just rude. 

@b_1029 derby party! Have a mint julep for me!

• daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited April 2021
    Month/Cycle: 3/2 

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: PVN BBT OPK

R/R: Hubby got to switch to coming home Friday night and staying through Saturday! At least we will be a little closer to ovulation this way 🥳 Saturday is 3 days before my predicted ovulation and if we’re lucky maybe we can sneak in a quickie in the morning before he leaves that’s be 2 days pre O

CS/Q: ugh Im still learning this spoiler thing- I got my chart in the wrong place and can’t fix it 

@gingermama29 Im glad you got to take a mental health day! Your garden sounds beautiful 💕

@jlbaker08 I love smoothies! Have you ever tried adding chai seed or PB2? 

@b_1029 oh how fun! I’ve always wanted to go to the derby. 

• @jlbaker08 I’m not sure yet! It’s our first gathering at our new house and we still aren’t moved in, so we’re being very lazy about it lol. We’re just going to have appetizer type things to eat rather than any sort of meal, and we’re going to get the supplies to make mint juleps and lillies! We live in KY so it’s always a fun time of year. I’m not from here but they celebrate Derby for a whole month, it’s a big deal 😆

@inthewoods23 ahhh how traumatizing as a kid!! I feel like I know what you’re talking about, when I first started my period I had these tiny little pantiliner type things that I used. Not having to wear headphones during meetings is so nice! My H’s office was only closed for the first 2 weeks of the pandemic shut downs so that was our only overlapping WFH time and I hated it haha. 

@daisy0322 yay for YH getting to come home early and being closer to O! I’ve only been to the actual Derby once, but we usually go every year sometime during the week leading up to it because there are still races and people dress up. Not this year or last though obviously. 
  • @b_1029 that sounds like it's going to be so much fun!  we haven't ever celebrated the derby, maybe we'll do something small for just us for fun.
    @daisy0322 I used to use PB2 occasionally, but I might need to try that again for some protein.  This morning I just had fruit and spinach but ate hard boiled eggs on the side for my protein, it would be nice to have it all in the smoothie sometimes.
    @inthewoods23 I use a cup too and I LOVE it.  My friend started using one about 5 years ago because she had a heavy flow and figured it would offer the most protection out of the options available.  She had a good experience so I started too, I will never go back to pads/tampons.

• @rachelredhead Oh you got the Mira too! I ordered it last week, so hopefully it arrives soon. I hope it lives up to the hype. 

@b_1029 Hey familiar face! My second covid vaccine was rough too. Vent away. And a derby party! Fun! I expect lots of great hats!

@inthewoods23 Hey there! I've waffled (is that the right word?) back and forth about using a cup. I can't get over the mental hump quite yet. I guess there is no better time to try it than now since I'm still working from home. 

@bows22 Ugh, AF is such a B sometimes. So rude. And I'm happy to see you are feeling like progress is happening and you making steps in the right direction. I've been lurking what feels forever and I'm rooting for you. 

@gingermama29 Your garden sounds so nice. I love days spent in the yard. 

~

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole/OPKs/Mira monitor soon

R/R: I have a big work presentation tonight and need to cram all day for it. This is a good distraction though. It is just touchy because the decision that goes along with my presentation is likely to be appealed, and well, that is no fun. My rant is that I really hope this cycle makes sense to me. I haven't been able to get a positive OPK for the last two months, even though my day 21 progesterone is showing that I ovulated, even though the numbers aren't super high. 

CS/Q: Nope

• @daisy0322 ha no worries on the chart placement. What I find easiest is pasting the image where I want it in the post, then highlighting it, then clicking the spoiler button. If you don't have anything highlighted when you click spoiler it will create it wherever your cursor happens to be.

@b_1029 I had to look it up... I guess Always calls them Always Slender pads. Other brands basically brand them as pads for teens so I guess they are still around! I started switching to tampons around junior year of high school so I pretty much stopped paying attention to most pads besides the overnight ones. I really should have started wearing them sooner being on the swim team in high school  :# whoops early FFFC haha.

@jlbaker08 oh yeah, now that I have the hang of getting it positioned right I definitely don't plan on going back. I do keep a box of tampons and I think I still have some overnight pads for just in case. I know there was one day a few cycles ago where I could just not getting it in properly so that it was comfortable. I think it wasn't sitting in high enough so I opted to just do a tampon for a few hours and tried again later. Honestly the whole not having to swap for new in a public or work bathroom is the best part. As long as I don't accidentally push it out. I almost did that once haha
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @kgg2241 hi friend! Good to see you here! ugh it was my first dose 😩 but I think the combo of that with AF which already upsets my stomach anyway just hurt. I had body aches all day Friday in addition to period cramps, I was a mess but hey maybe I won’t have a bad reaction to the 2nd! I hope your work presentation goes well later! 

@jlbaker08 they sell mint julep mix at the store if you’re into that. Or you and YH could be fancy and make your own! Or just dress randomly fancy and watch the race haha only takes 2 min 😆

@rachelredhead stress + vaccine could definitely make things weird! My cycle was longer than normal last month and I feel like it was moving stress + a bunch of meds I took for a migraine haha. Interested to hear more about this Mira thing now that 2 of you have mentioned it!

• @babyodo congratulations on your progress with a counselor, that's awesome!

• @babyodo replied in spoiler just in case.

I know I don't know you, but I'm so proud of you for getting help when you needed it. I am glad to hear therapy helped and it sounds like you found a good match in a counselor. My life motto is that everyone needs a good therapist, so just having the awareness is good, and you will now know to go back if you need to.
  • daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited April 2021
    @babyodo I had the same experience and almost had post partum pyscosis with my first. I’m so so glad you got the help you needed and are feeling better! If you ever want to share or need someone to talk to whoes been though it Im more than happy to listen! Or if you need to hear someone else’s story I can share that too (hearing other people’s experiences helped me tremendously because I felt really isolated and like No one understood).  PS - with my second pregnancy I did weekly therapy and meds and I did great emotionally! I know I was super nervous about going through that again so I wanted to share my experience.  
    TW IN SPOILER 
    @babyodo
  • @rachelredhead SO rude. I always spot first and also had no PMS symptoms so it was all very rude. I hope you were able to enjoy the sunny weather! That’s a great idea about doing yoga by a window!

@inthewoods23 ugh, I have some stories like that too from middle school. I had a friend who had to wear her jacket for the afternoon and kept saying she was “so cold” so throughout the rest of middle/high school we referred to AF as being cold haha. Have fun having the house to yourself! Our office and dining room are far enough away that we don’t need headphones, but that sounds so annoying. 

@da@daisy0322 I fight with the spoiler box a lot too! I thought maybe had posted a gif and then laughed when I saw your chart and your comments haha. I’m glad YH is able to be home this weekend, especially for FW!

@kg@kgg2241 I’ve always wondered if people would think it’s creepy that I remember them from my lurking days but seeing you say that is really nice and not creepy at all haha so thank you! Are you coming off of birth control? My first couple of cycles off of BCP I never got a positive OPK but temps showed ovulation. 

@ginge@gingermama29 oh perfect, off to tell DH to look into lilac bushes haha 

@babyodo I’m very happy to see you back here but so sorry that you went through such a tough time. Also very proud of you for getting help when you needed it ❤️

• Holy canoli, this thread is busy! I'm handing in here for one more day, as I'm pretty sure I'm 2DPO today, but you can't tell from my chart really (reads like 1 DPO); I have to rely on other signals (i.e. RHR). 

@gingermama29 your garden sounds lovely and I also love that YH planted the plans as soon as you got them! Both MH and I are mega procrastinators when it comes to gardening (though the fact that we rent likely has something to do with it).

@bows22 I'm excited that you're excited for next steps! Hopefully you'll get that biopsy scheduled ASAP. 🤞🏻

@jlbaker08 yes to bananas in smoothies

@b_1029 argh... that sucks about your stomach issues! Especially about the "explosive diarrhea" in a public bathroom. 

@rachelredhead hooray for having the 2nd vaccine dose out of the way; hope the stress this cycle is MUCH lower. 

@inthewoods23 I'm sorry you had to go through that. I never got a proper lesson from my mom about pads, tampons, etc. I'm definitely planning on being a lot more open with any of my daughters. And hooray for your cup holding out all day! That's something I'll need to test out when I eventually go back to work. 

@daisy0322 Hooray for YH being home a bit closer to O! 🤞🏻And also don't worry about spoilers... it's a notoriously buggy TB feature. 

@kgg2241 are you using a threshold based OPK or a semi-quantitative one? You might be in a group of women (there are a few of us) that don't have a very strong LH surges so using the wrong OPK might lead to disappointing results. Good luck with your presentation!

@babyodo so happy to hear you're doing better! And also..

@daisy0322 @babyodo & @kgg2241 ***Mental Health / Others' LCs***
    So happy you girls are speaking out about mental health and PPD. My sister had a psychosis episode after her 2nd child was born and it was seriously the scariest thing for me to witness. I had to call 911 on her. I am really happy that's being talked about more often these days. I listened to a great NPR podcast on that years later that made me aware of PPP. Anyways, 🙏🏻 for speaking out and also for taking care of yourselves!

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• edited April 2021
    And... after all those tags, I forgot my update! Hahaha. 

Month/Cycle: 16/16

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: Final half-hearted attempted at a natural cycle (with all that it entails) before IVF. 

R/R: Our dog is the cutest things and she continues to bring us more and more joy. In a completely unexpected move, MH who is social-media averse (like... his family members know to message me on Messenger or WhatsApp or whatever in order to get in touch with him) created an IG account for her! I'm in a state of disbelief over here. Haha. This morning we took her for a walk to our coffee shop (normally about a 45 min roundtrip). She loved it, but it took us 1.5 hours with all the smelling and greeting ppl and other doggos. Lucky for us we're early risers so it's totally doable before we start our work days. 

Also, turns out that the stomach issues I reported on yesterday were likely spoiled-vegetable related as opposed to wheat related. MH had the leftovers for lunch and ended up with an upset stomach himself. 🤷‍♀️

CS/Q: FF has tentatively identified CD20 as my O date and I wholeheartedly agree even though my chart is wonky. Lucky for me, I have a pretty consistent record / pattern of RHR dropping by 5-6 beats the day after O, so I'm certain in the timing. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• Wow it is busy today! I love it! (sorry if I miss anyone!!!)

@gingermama29 I'm glad you got some restorative time after the weekend. hope your garden turns out!! I'm envious of your yard and that you get to see deer

@bows22 eff AF! and I also hate banana in smoothies - gross. (sorry @jlbaker08) bananas by themselves are okay though (and in pudding?! YUM)

@b_1029 congrats on getting your second dose but I hate those side effects! I hope they resolve soon. stomach stuff is no fun. I hope you get to feel comfortable hosting folks in the new place soon

@daisy0322 yay for YH being home!!!!

@inthewoods23 omg I do not miss those early AF days. I thought I was so adult and now I get secondhand embarrassment from thinking about it haha. nice on the cup holding! 

@rachelredhead oof yeah the wonkiness just feels like a slap in the face at this point. I remember being a kid and having very regular 27 day cycles for literally years, from first day of my first period, and then I experienced _stress_ and now it's more all over the place.

@kgg2241 fx you get your positive OPK soon!!

@babyodo going to see a counselor is a big step! actually getting started is the hardest part, as is finding someone you feel comfortable with and actually like. 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: pnv, cm/cp, bbt, cbad/opk

R/R: I managed to snag an office room with a window today! and it's a little sunny and overcast but warm-ish outside. it's the small things today.

CS/Q: still not a whole lot. still temping at the same time every day but I keep waking up feeling warm despite the heater being off but it's too cold if I open a window. 

• @acleverusername thank you ❤️ I actually decided after I was feeling better (it took almost a whole year after he was born to start to feel normal again) that I needed to talk about it because the shame and isolation is what almost killed me. I thought because I felt that way I didn’t deserve to be a mom. I NEVER didn’t love him or feel a strong bond I felt like I wasn’t good enough for him plus he has colic for months. No one had ever opened up to me about how they felt after their baby was born or even talked about feeling anything but entirely happy. I firmly believe if we all share more that we will save lives. And I’ll get off my soap box now. 
  • @rachelredhead what does that feel like as your only protection? I'd likely only use it as backup for leaks. But I'm curious your thoughts on that!

@kgg2241 yeah WFH definitely makes it easier to try the cup out!

@babyodo therapy has helped me so much too! Took forever to finally kick my butt into scheduling an appointment, but better late than never!

@bows22 we probably could be without headphones, but DH has a hard time when there's so many different noises going on that he can't concentrate.

@acleverusername I also remember a time when my mom asked me into the laundry and questioned me how I put the pad in my underwear because of some blood stains. 😅 Such cringey times. Makes me wonder though, did my mom never have a heavy flow and that's why she couldn't understand me having stains? 🤷‍♀️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I don’t use anything other than the panties/boy shorts. My first 2 days are my heaviest flow and I tend to wear one pair all day and one pair overnight. They come in different flow levels (moderate, heavy, etc) so I have a few pairs for heavy days and a few for moderate. But they’d be great just to use as back up on heavy days. 
  • @inthewoods23 maybe a topic for the Randoms channel, but how did you learn to put in a tampon? I had to learn by trial and error. I remember the first few times I left half of the applicator inside of me and questioned why I leaked through. Lol. 🤦🏼‍♀️
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @chgilmore Enjoy the view out of the window today! (Did I mention that I really love Seattle?)
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername @inthewoods23 I love the idea of adding this topic to a Randoms or GTKY thread xD

@acleverusername I don't think you have! it's where I live and I like being close to everything. unfortunately I work outside the city so my view is just the landscaped office area and part of the parking lot, but it's still nice to get some natural light. have you visited a lot??

• @chgilmore I've been twice since moving from Canada to the Bay Area, but the intention was(pre-Covid) is that we visit more often. One of our best friends (he was one of the witnesses at our city hall marriage) lives there and MH lived there for 4 (or maybe even 5?) years before moving down to the Bay Area. My company is also setting up a base there later this year, so I hope there'll be work-motivated travel there too. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername I'd say it's trial and error for all of us lol. The instructions are pretty clear, and I remember going through cycles for a while feeling the tampon all the time. Which I've learned means I didn't shove it up far enough haha. It's been the same trial and error with the cup too. The super common C-fold never worked for me so I do one of the less common folds for insertion. Plus I've found I need to wiggle the stem around to help with getting the cup to completely unfold. Does it get easier after childbirth? lol

Tangent - I'm still fairly certain the tampon instructions never mention not flushing the used tampons. Obviously the applicators shouldn't! I got yelled at by DH a year or 2 ago for flushing my tampons but I had no idea. I switched that up real quick with us being on a septic system!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @acleverusername I'm embarrassed to admit that my mom had to help me...  we were in a hotel getting ready for a swim meet and I was completely clueless.  She had to get all up in my business, and from that day forward, I never needed (or wanted) help again. 
    @inthewoods23 I squeeze mine all up so it's narrower at the top and occasionally feel it snap into place quite a while after I've put it in, it's the weirdest feeling. 

Does anyone else notice it puts pressure on your urethra and makes the pee just dribble out when you're wearing it?

• @inthewoods23 lots of trial and error! everyone's body is different so we gotta find our special ways of doing things. I remember my mom telling me back in the day that you're _supposed_ to flush tampons (not applicators, of course) and now I am appalled that I did that for so long. it really should be on the instructions and taught to people!
  • @acleverusername fx you get to start feeling more comfortable traveling and visiting the city! I really enjoy it for the most part and would like to stick around for a while :)
  • @jlbaker08 yowza... that's probably not something I would have enjoyed either. 

@inthewoods23 I have to use the punchdown fold to insert mine. But I don't think I also have the best cup. I got mine on clearance at Rite Aid when I went looking, after I read that it might help keep sperm up in there and hence conception. Ha! All that to say, I think I might need a new/different cup. 

I _also_ didn't know you can't flush tampons. I mean, I knew it wasn't good for Earth. So, then, at one of the places I used to live that had poor plumbing, I ended up blocking the toilet and got a talking to from the landlord. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername punch down fold!  That's what I use too, I knew there had to be a name for it!

• @acleverusername I love that your hubby created an Instagram account for your dog! I am also a crazy dog person. Sounds like a fun morning walk!

@inthewoods23 Okay, I totally knew you weren't supposed to flush them, but I did until I bought my own house because I was a bratty college student/young adult. I should never be a landlord. Karma will get me. 

@chgilmore You are from the Seattle area? Jealous. I love Seattle. My sister danced there every summer, so I spent a bit of time there growing up. DH and I have talked about moving there, but I don't know if we could afford it now. 
  • @gingermama29 oooh, lilacs are one of my favorites. We need to prune ours, it's like 8 feet tall at this point.

@bows22 ugh, sorry about surprise AF. I hope the biopsy gives the results you're hoping for.

@jlbaker08 do you use a protein powder or something, or just blend fruit? Anytime I've tried smoothies with powders, I can never get them not grainy.

@b_1029 ugh, sorry for the stomach issues, that's never fun.

@rachelredhead fingers crossed for a normal cycle this time, and yay nice weather!

@inthewoods23 looking forward to the photos, I love garden stuff.

@daisy0322 good luck, I hope the timing works out! Maybe you'll luck out and O early lol.

@kgg2241 good luck with the work presentation!

@babyodo yay therapy! I will seriously advocate therapy for everyone every time, it's so helpful for so many things.

@acleverusername we don't have a social media account for our dog, but my personal instagram may as well be, because he's all I ever post there lol.

@chgilmore never underestimate the power of a window, it's amazing the difference it makes, especially in even a simple thing like subconsciously knowing roughly what time it is.

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon supplements

R/R: feeling mostly better today, overall it wasn't too bad (got my 2nd covid shot monday, felt like crap yesterday). Gorgeous day here, 80F/26C and sunnyish.

CS/Q: nothing super interesting, I should probably start opks though

• @fantasyflyte recently I've just been doing fruits and veggies.  I have used pea protein powder in the past and it is always a little chalky/grainy.  I got away from using the powder because it gave me horrible gas and now I just do fruit blends