December 2021 Moms

Pregnancy Pillow: U-Shape or C-Shape

Hi everyone! I'm looking into getting a new pregnancy pillow for my third pregnancy since I'm already getting some hip pain at night. I had a C-Shape pillow for my last two pregnancies and this time around I'm thinking of going with a U-shaped pillow. I was wondering if any of you ladies have had one or the other, or have tried both and chose one over the other. Would love to hear your thoughts!!
Married 12/28/13
I'm 34 DH: 45
DS 1/29/16 IVF
2 Failed Female Embryo transfers in 2017
DS 3/28/18
BFP and DD FET Due 12/22/21!

Re: Pregnancy Pillow: U-Shape or C-Shape

• rgn12rgn12 member
    I had this one (U-Shaped) my last pregnancy - https://www.amazon.com/PharMeDoc-Pregnancy-Maternity-Detachable-Extension/dp/B07JR3T1G6/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=pregnancy+pillow&qid=1619471219&sr=8-5

I liked it a lot! I will say, I didn’t actually try the C-Shaped one, so I have nothing to compare it to! 
  • I bought a c-shaped pillow when pregnant with my first, but didn’t really like it- I think I ended up giving it away. Probably not going to bother this time around.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a U shaped one (no idea where it is now though...). I liked it and found it very comfy. The hilarious part is that we have a Queen-sized bed and the pillow literally took up 3/4ths of it. My husband kept on getting practically kicked out of bed. 

To be honest, I had some of my best sleeping in the 3rd tri just on our leather couch. The leather stayed nice and cool (I don't like being warm when I sleep) and the back of the couch provided tons of support so I would sorta lean against it. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• I bought the one @rgn12 linked, and love it. I really like the detachable piece because I don't want the entire pillow every night. I also like the versatility of sitting on the couch with it, back support with my laptop, etc.
  • @mbradfo2 I hate being warm too! I actually blast the AC and have the fan on high in my room every night. My husband is freezing but I feel so good! 
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• @mommaduck2490 @rgn12 I ended up buying that one! It came vacuum sealed so I’m hoping it fluffs up because it’s just flat now. Are you all back or side sleepers? I’m kinda both and read that the u shape pillow helps you sleep on your back later In Your pregnancy 
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• @PYLWhammy I really liked my C shaped pillow, I had the snoogle. I did find that it helped me to sleep better at night even though my husband missed the extra room in the bed. Sorry that you didn't like it! 
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• rgn12rgn12 member
    @2b1gmom I am a stomach and side sleeper. It helped me not roll on my back on accident (I was trying not to). It does fluff up nicely after you open it! I want to say it took a day or two but this was two years ago so I don’t remember exactly! I hope you like it!! 
  • I got a U shaped with my first but I used it upside down and elevated my feet on it. It definitely helped with being semi on your back during the third trimester (still on your side but more towards being on your back). I'm normally a stomach sleeper but during pregnancy I just want to be on my back. @mbradfo2 I also spent many nights on the leather couch.
  • C-shaped!
  • Pretty sure I’m going to be buying a u-shaped pillow within the next week or two. Do you guys use covers on yours? Do the pillows wash up okay?
  • @midwestmomma2 Mine has a cover and it did clean up pretty well!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's