September 2021 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Comments

sleepydazesleepydaze member
edited April 2021 in September 2021 Moms
Sorry for the extra posts today. I don't know how to delete a discussion, so here's another bonus one!

What crazy, quirky, funny, or downright rude comments have you gotten lately?

Re: Pregnancy Comments

• Options
    My MIL said she bought me decaf coke so that this baby wouldn’t be as hyper as the other two. Rude! She sees them once in a blue moon for an hour or two, no wonder they are hyper 🙄

DS2 loudly insists I ate a baby and thinks the baby is in my boobs. To be fair, they are a lot larger than usual 😂😂 

@muggsd my kids are wondering that too and I keep dodging the question just because of all the other questions that come with it. I’m all for transparency but also not ready to talk birds and bees with a 3 and 5 year old 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @muggsd @whatabout2ndbreakfast Haha I had explained to DD (3.5) how I had a c section with both kids and will have another for this baby. Inevitably I ended up explaining how they both got stuck "the other way" which isn't enough details for a 3.5 year old, so I ended up explaining the whole birthing process. The other day I heard her pretending to be pregnant (this was common even before baby 3) and saying that her baby couldn't come out her vagina so she had to have a surgery. Whoops, haha!
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    I did answer my 4yo on how the baby gets out through my vagina.
    He was like “but it won’t fit”.... I’m like yeah you wouldn’t think so.

My 2yo still thinks mommy has a penis like everyone else despite news to the contrary so I’m not even trying there.
    My husband has tried to tell him mommy has a “lady bum” and I’m like, can you not??
  • Options
    @muggsd I have told all my kids how a baby comes out. They range from ages 3-7. They just said, “ok,” and went about their business. No trauma. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 my daughter just got a “doctor” kit as a gift and there was a scalpel in it.  She asked what it was for and when I told her she sat quietly for 10 minutes just staring at it! I don’t know if she’d be as chill as yours :) 
  • Options
    @muggsd I have always talked to them pretty frankly about everything. Just made it normal conversation. So I guess they are used to it. I keep it all age appropriate but it isn’t awkward conversation at all. I try to make sure I’m answering all of their questions because if I don’t, someone else will and I don’t want my kids getting any information from anyone aside from me and DH. 
  • Options
    My 6yo asked how the baby comes out, and I initially told him "from between my legs" and then he was very confused and obviously thought babies were pooped out. Which isn't that far from the truth, really, but of course I had to tell him that girls have 3 holes and that the one the baby comes out of is usually really small, but gets really big when a baby needs to come out. He was not traumatized at all, but I definitely felt like I was not saying the right thing, lol! I'm trying so hard to be honest and accurate, though. Since he'll be back in public school (1st grade) when this baby is born, I KNOW he'll talk about it to other kids and his teacher, and I don't want him to spread any flowery silly language or story about how babies are born. I'm sure we'll have to have a talk about what's appropriate to discuss in school at some point, but right now I'm just trying to answer each question as scientifically as I can.
  • Options
    @aerialmrs @emeraldcity1214 definitely agree with keeping things low key and giving them the right language to talk about their bodies! I’m just trying to balance that with my daughters comfort level/tolerance. I’m with you on the flowery language - I hate it! 
  • Options
    My dad hadn't seen me in a few weeks and commented "your tummy is looking round!" I immediately responded, "so does yours!"
  • Options
    My son asked me why I got so fat. We hadn’t told them just yet at the time. When we finally did, he looked at my stomach and said there’s 2 in there??!! He asked how do they all fit in there? I told him it was natural, and, that my body was able to house more then one baby. Then he asked how the babies would come out, I told him I’ll push them out like I did with him through my vagina. He was amazed by it. Lol. Now, he’s excited about his sisters being born.
  • Options
    @sleepydaze that's exactly how I plan on responding to my own dad when I see him next. 🤣 I know he'll comment because I haven't seen him since before I got pregnant. 
  • Options
    My 4 year old told me the doctor was going to cut me open, pull the baby out by the feet and super glue me back together 🤣 I told him that’s kinda how some baby’s come out but he didn’t come out that way. He started asking questions that I wasn’t sure how to answer in an age appropriate way without lying so I changed the subject to how smart is he lol