Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Into / Miscarriage

Hi, New here. I’m currently going through a miscarriage (second) and thought joining a message board might help me through it.

My first miscarriage was at the beginning of 2016 (after years of ttc). After this I started going to a fertility clinic and had a healthy baby boy Jan 2019 thanks to IUI. Started trying for baby #2 Jan 2020, but the clinic ended up closing day 1 of my first IUI cycle (COVID-19 😒). When the clinic re-opened it was at limited capacity so last year I was only able to do two IUI cycles. Neither were successful.

I conceived Jan 2021. Not through IUI, but I was taking femera. Doctor gave me a requisition to do blood work to check hcg levels. Blood collection clinic turned me away because it wasn’t an emergency (COVID-19 😒). I was able to go for an early ultrasound at the end of Feb when I was 8 weeks. Fetus measured 7w5d, no heart beat. I was given the three options and chose to wait for it to happen naturally. I was told to call the clinic in two weeks for a follow up appointment. I never got a second appointment, but I was prescribed the medication to start contractions. I changed my mind about the medication and decided to keep waiting for nature to take its course. It’s been two months. No bleeding, no spotting, no cramping. Also, I know infection is a risk and so far no signs of it. Now I’m wondering why nothing has happened yet.

I don’t know if I should start a new post for advice, but i appreciate if you have read this far and would really appreciate if you had any thoughts on the situation. Should I just take the medication and try to get this over with? Should I keep waiting? Should I call the clinic (I don’t want to call the clinic)?

Thanks for reading 💓

Re: Into / Miscarriage

• I am sorry you're going through this - but it's been two months and no signs of naturally miscarrying? I would demand a doctor see me immediately.
  • @whatishappening321 I'm sorry for your losses.  But if it's been 2 MONTHS and you haven't started MC on your own, I would definitely take the medication (or at a minimum, call your doctor and talk to a nurse to determine if you should take the medication or have an emergency appointment or something).  Do NOT just continue to 'wait.'  Bad things can happen.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for the advice. I went to see my dr and he scheduled me for a D&C. I was really hoping it would happen naturally, but at least I’ll be getting it over with..
  • @whatishappening321 Good luck!  To be honest, I found my D&C much easier recovery-wise than I did my natural MCs.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• @whatishappening321 I'm glad you're getting it taken care of. Good luck and I hope you have an easy recovery.