September 2021 Moms

Weekly Check in w/o 4/19 (9/16-9/30)

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday and why?

Re: Weekly Check in w/o 4/19 (9/16-9/30)

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 9/20, 18 weeks today 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A sweet potato! 

Upcoming appointments: Covid Vax dose 2 on may 1st, 20 week anatomy scan on may 3rd, 20 week checkup with OB on may 6th. To say I’m looking forward to the beginning of may is an understatement! 

How are you feeling?: the lack of movement likely due to this anterior placenta is definitely grating on my anxiety but otherwise I’m fine. Just chillin with the round ligament pain! 

Rants/Raves: my brother got engaged over the weekend! His fiancé is okay 😂 but I’m happy for him (them!) regardless. As long as he’s happy I’m happy. She’s going to be a bridezilla and I’m not ready. LOL. 

Questions: NATM 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas and Halloween. Love dressing up for Halloween - but also love Christmas because it’s the one holiday (pre Covid) where my parents would host both sides of the family under one roof. 
  • @runningonindie I love your honesty about your future SIL!  :D 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16W 6D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Avocado 

Upcoming appointments: May 7 - anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: I think the insomnia is coming back...these last few nights have been tough. But other than that - great! 

Rants/Raves: I'm so tired of snow...I just want summer. But in other news - our house is looking so good! I'm hoping they will be finished with the work today or tomorrow...and I'm so excited to finally decorate for real! But I also pretty much want all new furniture now, which is maybe both a rant and a rave!

Questions: natm

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday and why? I love Christmas. I go all in on the Christmas spirit and just love everything about it! DH did not grow up in a house that celebrated Christmas in a traditional way (no christmas tree, no santa, no presents, just Jesus) so he doesn't "get it" when I go a little Christmas crazy. I just have such happy, warm, amazing memories of Christmas and I really want to pass that on to my kids. 

• @krash_ she’s a pain in the *** 😂😂😂 they’ve been together since 2014 so it’s not some new revelation and I’m not at all surprised that she’s “finally my sister!!!” *eyeroll* LOL 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17 weeks / 9/27

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pomegranate

Upcoming appointments: in about 3 weeks - 20 wk ultrasound

How are you feeling?: My energy is totally back which has been awesome! And I only feel nauseated once in a blue moon. My worst complaint now is sciatic nerve pain on the left side of my butt/hip.  I've been limping around the last couple days. 

Rants/Raves: Irritated right now because my house is always a disaster (because we are always here now) and no one seems to care but me. Seriously, whyyyy does no one else take out the garbage? Am I the only one who sees that empty TP roll?  Did everyone forget the location of their laundry hampers? 😐😐😐 Thinking about hiring a house cleaner for a one time deep clean. 

Questions: what helps sciatic nerve pain? I've been doing all the stretches and taking tylenol, but it's still there.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday and why? Tough one, because I love Christmas, but I think my favorite is 4th of July. I love grilling out and hanging with friends and family all day long. We usually spend the day at my parents, and get out the sprinkler for the kids, then the adults play badminton. We go to the local fireworks at night, and they have a huge festival with live music, food trucks etc. It's a good time! I really hope there are festivities this year.
  • @emeraldcity1214 what exercises are you doing for your hips?
  • @emeraldcity1214 I hope your scan goes good today!

@krash_ same here with the weather - I hate it! Last week we almost hit 80 degrees and then it snowed all weekend...more snow today through Wednesday and then we should be getting into some nice temps by the weekend..I'm just ready for summer!

• @kissyfir1586 I went to the chiropractor for my sciatic pain last time and I will probably start going again soon because I have been having bouts of it sooner this pregnancy. I also rolled my butt/hip on a tennis ball which was painful but helped. 
    *TW LC*

• @krash_ I’m 18+4 today. I know some doctors won’t have them done until 20 weeks but they just scheduled me 🤷🏻‍♀️

@chewie5990 I took the kids to play at one of our favorite lakes and it the snow was still there with one little mud patch for all the kids to play in. It is in the upper 50’s low 60’s so it was warm and I’m pretty sure I got sunburned. I’m ready for it to all be gone and to just see green! This winter has been long! 

@kissyfir1586 I lean against the wall and walk my feet forward. While holding a small ball between my knees, I push my hips forward and reach forward at the same time. I keep my back (from my bra strap to my waist) flat against the wall. I count to 5 slowly and take deep slow breathes. I do that 3 times and it works incredibly well. I feel an immediate difference. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17+1, 9/26

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a folded up pair of sunglasses 

Upcoming appointments: 2nd COVID shot tmrw, 20 week scan 5/3, regular OB 5/11

How are you feeling?: Better! Still pretty tired at times but I think I’ve been overdoing it. I also have this weird thing going on with my left hip/leg. Idk if it’s sciatica but it hurts and occasionally feels almost numb? Going to ask at next appt. 

Rants/Raves: I really need to get the other two monsters back on a schedule. We’ve been all thrown off with the house stuff. I was hoping it would be sold already so being off schedule was more of a temporary blip but I think we’ll have 2 more weeks of this crap.

Questions: Natm

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday and why? I love Thanksgiving because of the food. 

@kissyfir1586 I feel this. MH literally once said he doesn’t notice anything because he is “never here”. Like you’re home every night from work and Sundays so what kind of stupid ass excuse is that!? he’s gotten much better now haha. It’s like cleaning Groundhog Day up in here.

• @paulpaw that’s interesting about the baby aspirin. You’re actually at a lower risk for pre-e in second pregnancies and even lower risk if it’s your second and you didn’t have pre-e or hypertension the first time. Unless the father was a different partner than your first. But also I just went out and bought low dose aspirin because it was easy. I wouldn’t even think of getting it through insurance. 
    *TW LC*

• It makes sense to be lower risk this time that’s why I didn’t buy it right away, then I just forgot. I’ll take it since like you said it’s easy. Maybe my hips won’t hurt as much overnight haha
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast it's that kind of obliviousness that just drives me insane. I'm always telling my kids, "look around you," or "observe your environment and tell me what's out of place!" I have to give MH the same talks. 🙄

@sleepydaze MH has been had about leaving his wrappers/snack messes, especially since he works from home now. I don't know why, but I feel like everyone's standards just went out the window once we were all home.

@paulpaw I'm totally hiring that housekeeper! 

@emeraldcity1214 @krash_ thanks for the suggestions. I tried the wall exercise last night and rolling around on a tennis ball... both did seem to help a bit!
  • @paulpaw we had some interest but no showings since Saturday 😬 the realtor apologized and said she’s “flabbergasted” the house hasn’t sold yet
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast hopefully things pick up, it’s a crazy market!
  • @emeraldcity1214 we have been getting some days in the 50s 60s and it's glorious! but today it's 18 degrees...I know by July I'll be complaining about the heat, but I just want some consistency! 
  • @chewie5990 My backyard is still full of slush. It is mounds of snow/ice that you can’t even walk on because it collapses. I made the mistake of trying to walk on it the other day and fell in up to my thighs. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m just ready for my kids to be able to use the backyard. We are planning to get a playset this year and I can’t wait. The kids played on the one at our rental daily and it was nice to be able to just send them outside. 

@Aerialmrs homeschooling and working full time is a challenge. Are the schools not open in your area? I’m assuming you aren’t homeschooling by choice. 
  • @kissyfir1586 My PT exercises are specifically for sacroiliac joint pain. I’m sure there is another exercise needed for sciatic pain. I highly suggest a PT visit. Although, get one that is highly rated because apparently they aren’t all the same. It saved me last time from being bed ridden. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 They started all virtual, then in November started flip flopping between virtual/in-person, started back all virtual in January, and only just recently at the end of last month returned to in-person, but who knows if they'll finish in-person. We tried virtual back in August for literally one week and it was awful, so I pulled him. I'm glad we didn't try to send him back when they were flip flopping all the time, because I think that just would have been even harder on him/us, and now even if I knew for sure they were staying in-person, since there's only a month left it just seems silly to put him in back now. 
  • @Aerialmrs I don’t blame you for pulling him. All the inconsistency can’t really be good for any of them. I have never been so thankful that I have chosen to homeschool from the beginning. I couldn’t imagine my kids actually learning anything from virtual classes. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 Yeah, also my son is undiagnosed, but likely has some behavioral/learning disorders, so while it did seem like most other kindergartners were OK/just bored that first week of virtual learning, mine would flat out not stay in front of the screen for longer than 5 minutes if he wasn't being directly spoken to or doing a task. I tried to inquire about getting him an IEP (he needs one anyway for documented speech issues), but the teacher refused because "she wasn't able to observe anything since he wouldn't participate"... so I just pulled him right away. Like no, I don't have the time to physically restrain him in front of a screen all day, nor do I have the money to pay someone (and possibly expose our family in the meantime) to do it for me. Also, duh, the reason he's unable to participate is because he legitimately needs help. It wasn't worth the fight with the district at that stage, so we just gave up and will try again next year (and with a new teacher).
  • @Aerialmrs My oldest went to public school until 4th grade. I pulled him right at thanksgiving and started homeschooling him. He had an IEP for reading and was basically missing all of history and science to leave the room for remediation. I kept telling them he was dyslexic but they refused to test him for that because they refused to teach him to read in a different way from the way they taught all the other kids to read. So he got pulled along, grade after grade, only reading on a 1st grade level. At the end of 3rd grade I worked with him all summer trying to keep him from regressing. Then at the start of the school year I let the IEP teacher take over because that was her job, her specialty. The poor child regressed back as far as where he was at the start of 3rd grade within the few months he was working with her. I finally pulled him, had him tested for dyslexia, and got him curriculum that was specific to dyslexia. I was working on my Masters at the time so he had to come to school with me most of the time and just sit in my lectures or lab. He did surprisingly well considering how boring a kid would find that kind of stuff. By the time he finished 4th grade I had him reading chapter books. I was so livid with the school system at that point. They failed my son. I have never given them the chance to fail another one of my kids. I have been homeschooling ever since and never looked back. DH feels so strongly about it that he wouldn’t allow them to attend a public school at all. If I didn’t want to homeschool he would stay home and do it and I would be the one working. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 If I was a better homeschooling parent, I would strongly consider just keeping him homeschooled, but I am truly terrible at it. I loooooaaaathe it so much. It has not been good for him or me this year. I've been an awful employee this year and an awful parent, and I can't wait to have him back in school so I can do better at both. We have a decent community of parents in our area who advocate for special ed kids by helping each other navigate the system, this of course was just the worst possible time for a kid like mine to start public school. I am hoping soooo hard that next year goes much better, and I will work hard to advocate for him within the school system. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your kid(s) in your school system, I'm glad homeschooling is working well for your family! When my son was a baby I liked the idea of homeschooling and looked into it pretty hard as an option, so it's been some weird kind of blessing to have the opportunity to try it this year and find out that it's just not going to work for us long term.
  • @Aerialmrs Homeschooling and working full time is hard. Some people do both but it really is stressful when you do it that way. How long are you homeschooling him each day? I am teaching 2nd and kindergarten and it only takes us 2 hours with our sit down work. Homeschooling doesn’t need to last as long as public school does because you’re working one on one. I also don’t do any busy work with my kids. So no excessive worksheets. We just stay on topics longer until they get it instead of weighing down our workload every day. When I first started out I thought we needed to work for at least 6 hours and it just wasn’t necessary. Anyways, I wrote all that to say, don’t get tied down to how public schools do school. Homeschool is meant to be different. When I finally realized that, homeschooling became so much easier and more enjoyable. Also, give yourself some grace. This last year has been hard and you have done a great job! 
  • @emeraldcity1214 we do a morning block for language arts and math that sometimes takes the full 2 hours including lots of crying, yelling, time outs, and breaks, and in the afternoons maybe just another 30 minutes for science and history/other random things. If he's in a good mood, then we definitely don't spend more than 2 hours per day, maybe even more like 1.5 total.
  • @aerialmrs That’s great y’all get done so quickly. Even my high schooler only worked for 4 hours a day. As long as he worked diligently, I had him stop right at 4 hours. Hopefully these last few weeks fly by for you! 
  • @runningonindie I love Halloween too! And my SIL and I don’t get along so I feel your pain. She’s a huge drama llama- everything has to be about her all the time and if it’s not she causes problems where there are none just to make herself the center of attention again.

@whatabout2ndbreakfast during my last pregnancy I had terrible numbness in my hips all the way down my thighs. Sadly, it got better after birth, but never went away completely. Now it’s starting to get bad again. It’s so annoying.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20, 18+3 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: artichoke 

Upcoming appointments: May 4th

How are you feeling?: emotional this week. Really struggling with my other kids. They’ve been fighting a ton and I’m just at my wits end. I’ve been angry/sad all week.

Rants/Raves: Since I was so upset and frustrated with the kids all week, I booked an anniversary/babymoon vacation to AZ for me and DH! We wanted to plan a big trip last summer for our 10th anniversary, but we had a very busy summer moving to a new state, starting new jobs, and, well, covid... so it never happened. I’m glad we’re doing it this year.

Questions: natm

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday and why? It’s a tie- Thanksgiving because it has the best food 🦃 🥧 🥔 🤤 and Halloween- we go full out with family themed costumes every year! I love it!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Apparently I forgot to do this this week lol

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 + 5, 21/9

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A postcard 

Upcoming appointments: 18w midwife appointment that's been rescheduled 3 times is supposed to be Tuesday afternoon, then I've got the anatomy scan on Thursday.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall. I feel like I've said the same thing for weeks now. I'm good, just exhausted all of the time still. 

Rants/Raves: It's bittersweet that the midwives in town are so busy because I love that for them, but it would also be cool to either not have my appointment rescheduled so much or find it difficult to book any appointments. They're the only ones in town, and a friend who is also pregnant mentioned the other day that her friend is very early in her pregnancy and when she called the mw to see about getting in there and she was turned away because they're full. I love them ( I've been with them for 2/3 kids) so I glad I was able to get in with them. I would be so stressed and anxious if I had to be with an OB.

Questions: NATM.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday and why? While I love holidays like Canada Day and Thanksgiving, Christmas is my absolute favourite holiday. My family lives about 8hrs away but DHs sisters and nephews live in town so we do alot with them. Every holiday we host them all and it's always alot of fun. There's something special about Christmas though. The magic and festive songs and movies and drinks and all the things. It just makes my heart happy 😊 It helps that it's also DHs favourite holiday too.