September 2021 Moms
Options

Baby To Do List

sleepydazesleepydaze member
edited April 2021 in September 2021 Moms
(My phone glitched so let's make a fun bonus discussion!)

What items are on your to do list before baby comes? Feel free to include short and/or long term goals! 

Re: Baby To Do List

• Options
    1) move into new house 😂😭
    2) decide on a theme for the nursery and execute said theme
    3) potty train the 3 year old
    4) get the 5 year old’s kindergarten registration sorted (almost done with this one lol)
    5) get a new high chair, I think everything else is still good. I do need new nipples for the bottles- I might get just one pack and then wait and see how breastfeeding goes. Since I’m staying home he won’t need to learn to use a bottle as soon I guess? 
    6) probably a million things I’m forgetting! 

this list kinda scares me lmao 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) decide if we are going to renovate or move in the next year or so. 
    2) renovate or move 😂 
    3) finish the yard before I get massive 
    4) organize the baby clothes so I can actually find things 

im getting impatient already! Once summer comes I’m sure it will be better - I hate sitting inside watching the rain 🌧 
  • Options
    -new driveway
    -new kitchen cabinets 
    -move the office downstairs
    -turn current office into nursery 
    -get a few things for second baby (nipples, second seat for stroller, some girly clothes) 

This is all I can think of right now but I’ll probably think of 100 more between now and then and at least 15 things I will think of about 3 days before baby comes. 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Move
    Nursery in new house 
    potty train 2 year old ?!?! 
    Toddler bed transition when we move?

But most importantly..... MOVE 
  • Options
    1. Would be sweet if my youngest would stop waking up super early
    2. Finish organizing the baby items and clothes and figure out if I need anything aside from a new carseat
    3. Sew up a few items for baby 
    4. Do a big declutter and clean
    5. I'm sure there is more on the list I'm missing and alot more that will be added before then lol
  • Options
    1. Make crib sheets 
    2. make some quilts for him
    organize the nursery 
    3. stock up on newborn necessities like a new battery operated nasal aspirator, diaper rash cream, nipple cream, vitamin D drops, and  Windi (for gas). 
    4. Organize my school room. 
    5. Organize other closets in my house that needs attention. 
  • Options
    Oh no, looking at these lists I realize I have more to do than I anticipated. Oops.
    1) switch DS out of my room into a room with DD
    2) bed train DS at least a month before baby comes so I don't have to lift him after surgery
    3) do a huge toy, baby items and clothing purge
    4) finally make DS a babybook and a photo book for the last 2 years (haha 2020 is gonna look pretty weird in pictures).
    5) get all the newborn stuff we are missing
    6) more to come closer to September, yikes!
  • Options
    sawasapsawasap member
    edited April 2021
    1. Set up nursery 
    2. Refinish the old dresser we're putting in the nursery
    3. Clear out enough of our old clutter that there's space for another human in the house
    4. Get everything a baby could need
    5. Get stuff for myself to make postpartum more comfortable 
    6. Figure out all the other stuff I need to add to this list
  • Options
    1. Figure out how the H-- we are going to squeeze 5 people into our current house (declutter, organize)
    2. Help DH build new bedroom in the basement for the teenager
    3. Move both boys into their new rooms
    4. Redecorate all the rooms/repaint
    5. Buy nursery furniture
    6. Get all the fun baby girl stuff

Wishing I could just skip to #6 and forget the rest

• Options
    - get a new car that can fit 3 kiddos 
    - figure out carseats - move DS2 to a harnessed booster, DS1 to a convertible 
    - wash newborn/3M clothes 

there is probably more, but honestly not much. We have a 10M old right now so all our baby stuff is already out and ready to go...just moving a few things like the mamaroo from the basement into the living room. We aren't doing anything to the nursery until after baby comes since he will be in our room for at least 6 months. 
  • Options
    Those of you trying to tackle potty training -- I cannot recommend the book "Oh Crap" enough! We had DS1 pretty much fully potty trained in 4 days (occasional accidents happened of course) at 26 months and it was SO EASY (he was also showing signs that he was ready). 
  • Options
    We just got rid of our guest bed so we can make that room into DS' big boy room. Hopefully we can start that this weekend. I need to get him out of the nursery so we can start storing baby stuff in there (like the carseat I already got since Target had their carseat deal)

I think we have most of the "stuff" we absolutely need...but I need to meet up with a coworker to get some of my hand me downs back once she's more settled (she just moved). 
  • Options
    @chewie5990 we also potty trained DS at 24m using Oh Crap. He had to quarantine for 2 weeks last summer because he had a cold so we took the opportunity with the warm weather to just go for it and he did amazing! 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @chewie5990 I totally forgot that we need a new vehicle as well! DH told me he loves his SUV and doesn't want to give it up, so he wants me to upgrade. I've tried pointing out that with 3 under 5 during another rainy covid winter (we are way behind on vaccinations here), there's gonna be nowhere for us to go so we could also just share 1 big family SUV or mini van or truck. Or I joked that we could keep our current SUV and sedan and travel everywhere in 2 vehicles, haha.
  • Options
    1. spend a lot of time in the pool and lake!
    2. it would be fantastic if we could finish the demo and drywall stages of the master bathroom build. 
    3. finish painting our 2nd floor and living room
    4. finish furnishing our master bedroom, build out upstairs closets, and bedroom window treatments
    5. tour both local hospitals to decide on our preference (my midwives deliver at both, probably... kind of depends on how COVID restrictions pan out over the next few months)
    6. wash all the baby clothes, diapers, bedding, etc.
    7. clean out our mudroom/laundry room
    8. decide who will be looking after my son and dog while I'm in labor/recovery (depends if my in-laws have moved closer)
    9. get my car detailed before installing the new car seat base
  • Options
    1. Declutter and deep clean
    2. Paint nursery
    3. Buy and assemble furniture for said nursey
    4. New car for DH (can't put an infant in his 2-seat truck)
    5. Buy and install car seat
    6. Birthing/baby care class(es)
    7. All the first time parent stuff I either forgot or don't know about. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess MH had to get a new truck to fit two car seats and just got one last week. If your H is looking for a truck they are hard to come by right now because of the chip shortage. MH was also being a little particular so that might have been part of the problem. 
    *TW LC*