Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 4/22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Thursday 4/22

• Month/Cycle: 29/32

CD/DPO: 21/6

Timing: -4,-1

Typical LP length: Back to 12 hopefully?

Testing: at least 9 DPO

R/R: do you ever have that dream where you are trying to go somewhere and no matter what you do, things keep coming up and you can’t get out the door? That’s how I feel today! And I just feel so behind on everything at work too. Things just keep popping up so my to do list is growing faster than I can cross things off. Ugh. I started typing this earlier and never finished and in the meantime my RE office called and asked to reschedule my virtual appt to today (supposed to be tomorrow). I don’t mind at all about rescheduling, but it was basically like I had no choice but to do it at 11:30 today. I asked if we could do next week and the lady wasn’t having it. I’m sure the PA my appt is with told her to do it today so that I didn’t have to wait all weekend but if I don’t care then they shouldn’t either! I tried to explain that I’m at a client’s office today and can’t really just do a virtual appt but she didn’t care. I guess I’ll just go do it in my car and awkwardly hold my phone? So annoying. 

CS/Q:

• @bows22 I feel like that's my day every day, haha. There's just way too much popping up that the stuff I planned to knock out seem to get pushed off my agenda. Hopefully today goes more smoothly than it started out for you.

Month/Cycle: 15/?

CD/DPO: 23/8 I think

Timing: perfect - FET transfer on 4/19

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: beta test next Wednesday

R/R: I'm super happy I got my second Covid vaccine, but effffff these side effects. Question to anyone who has gotten either shot 1 or both: have you dealt with swollen lymph nodes as a side effect? I had body aches and was tired all day yesterday, but these lymph nodes in my armpit feel HORRIBLE. If this happened to you, how long did it last, and did you do anything to alleviate the discomfort? 

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 I'm sorry your day feels out of control, and also that your appt got rescheduled with you 0% in mind. That's absurd. Unless there was a definitive medical reason why your virtual appt had to be today, it should be focused on your availability and schedule, not theirs (unless they were out all next week, or something, and you wanted to see this person but that doesn't sound like the case from your post). Good luck with your appt and your day; I hope it improves, or is at least over quickly. 

@Lisa3379 Yes! I had swollen lymph nodes -- and so did my SIL -- after our second shots. I took Tylenol to alleviate the discomfort and swelling; it lasted... a day or two? After the second shot, about 8 hours later, it felt like I got hit with the worst flu for the next 18 hours, and then it the worst of the symptoms (body aches, fever, headache, nausea, chills) basically disappeared and I felt fatigued for a few more days, but it wasn't so awful. I think the lymph nodes thing happened in that worse symptoms part but were maybe a little sensitive the rest of the weekend (I got my shot on a Thursday). It was a rough vaccine round, but I felt so reassured knowing my body was doing it's thing building an immune response. I'm sorry you're in the feeling like crap part right now. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 25 / 4

Timing: Fine; -4, -2

Typical LP length: 14 days? 

Testing: I am telling myself to wait until 15 DPO, or the day after AF is supposed to be here; I'm not certain of my luteal phase yet because this is my first cycle TTC but the plan is to test 15 DPO and then weekly until AF arrives or I get a BFP. In any case, I kind of hope if AF is going to come this month she waits until that 15 DPO mark because I'm visiting my in-laws and seeing some friends who are back from Argentina for a weekend (all vaccinated now!) that weekend and I don't want to deal with AF at the same time for any reason. Wait your turn. 

R/R: Rant: Honestly, this week is a disaster and I would like to throw it in the trash. 

CS/Q: No. :) 

• @bows22 oh gosh that would be so awkward doing the appointment in the car!

@Lisa3379 I don't have any experience with the vaccine at this point, but I have heard quite a few people do really feel sick after. People are having more side effects with Moderna than Pfizer.

@beakay8 I could never wait that long to test. If I did, I'd likely know from my BBT whether or not to even bother.

Month/Cycle: 5 AL

CD/DPO: 31/10

Timing: -4, -2, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: I had to go so bad when I woke up this morning that I didn't want to bother with diluted urine. Also feelings hit hard this morning

R/R: Hot mess of emotions all week and day for that matter. *tw LC and MC*

My sister had her baby just after midnight this morning. She's cute. Just couldn't wait another 24 HOURS. Oh well, just adds another day to the month to mark a birthday haha. My mom's side of the family now has 7 extended family members with birthday's in April. Quite a few happen to be consecutive which is fun trying remember who has which birthdate.

It was a bit awkward, but quite liberating to post for National Infertility Awareness Week considering the birth of my niece but oh well. I spilled all the beans without going into the details even DH felt I was airing our dirty laundry. I'm sure my therapist will be very proud of me next week when I have my next appointment with her. But everyone basically knows we've been through it all and had our MC 6 months to the day tomorrow.

My friend and I are going to be dining out in a pre-birthday celebration tonight. Seafood of course because her husband is allergic to fish (or just shrimp?) and that's basically her favorite food so when we get together it's always at a seafood place so she can get her fix :D .

ALSO OUR FERNS CAME A DAY EARLYYYYYYYYYY. Planting begins after work! The funny thing is the tracking info says they're being delivered tomorrow and I joked that maybe today's package was the original order and we just never got the confirmation email. I will report if we get another box tomorrow haha.

CS/Q: temps are lowering. Not sure if it will be worth it to test at this point, but we'll see. Probably won't under the weekend now.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @bows22 I'm sorry about your dr appt fiasco - doesn't sound like they were understanding at all that you have a life and prior commitments. I hope you get to take some restorative you time at some point!

@lisa3379 congrats on being fully vaccinated! I definitely had swollen lymph nodes in my neck. it was not pleasant. I found that massage and heat were helpful for both the nodes and the aches/joint pain, also drinking tons of water in general. hope you start feeling better sooner rather than later.

@beakay8 I'm sorry your week feels like a disaster! fx AF waits her turn so that you can enjoy your visiting friends! that sounds so lovely and exciting to get to hang out with them :)

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 26, 9 DPO

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: I caved and started on 7 DPO...I don't remember who said it on that thread about the flushable PG tests but she said something like "but if I flush it how can I fish it out of the trash later to make sure it was negative?!" I'm still thinking about that; truer words have never been spoken xD 

R/R: things feel pretty good right now. working at home today since DH got his second dose yesterday. he says other than feeling achy he's alright, which is good because I was not looking forward to balancing him and clients today lol. HR at my site told me to expect a response on my counteroffer negotiations today so I am compulsively refreshing my inbox. looking with DH to buy a new (to us, not new new) car since our current one is on its last legs.

CS/Q: SS is very strong right now.  

I definitely feel like I'm running warm in general not just in the mornings, but not like I have a fever. fx these lil dots stay up

• @inthewoods23 I don't temp so that's not going to give me a clue. While I'm waiting to figure out my normal cycle again and my average LP, I prefer to test later than earlier. Once I get that pinned down and predictable, I may or may not test early depending on timing. I personally prefer AF to a BFN with my anxiety. :) I am SO HAPPY YOUR FERNS ARRIVED! That's fantastic news! I've been following the fern journey. 
  • @inthewoods23 YAY THE FERNS ARE HERE!!!! you're about to be so busy planting those. it sounds like there are some bittersweet things happening in life right now, and I'm glad you're feeling comfortable sharing your struggles with family, so important not to isolate <3 hugs if you want 'em always!
  • @lisa3379 my SIL had swollen lymph nodes for several days, I think maybe even a week. She’s a nurse was too scared to take anything to suppress the immune response so she just powered through. But the CDC says pain relievers are okay after. However I guess you can’t really take any of the stuff that would really work now that you’re post-transfer! 

@beakay18 I’m with you on throwing the week in the trash!

@i@inthewoods23 yay ferns! I ended up not making it to my car and just did it in the conference room at my client which is awkward too. I’m there more than I am anywhere else and am close with everyone so I don’t really care if they know my business but the walls are pretty thick so I don’t think they could really hear. Also sending you some hugs for all of the very real, very valid feelings ❤️

@chgil@chgilmore I hope to see great news about your counteroffer tomorrow!

• @chgilmore that was me about the pg test in the trash and was 100% inspired by the bazillion cheapie tests I’ve taken this cycle. 🤪
  • @rachelredhead you were spot. on. xD