Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS W/O 4/19

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

***If you are having a hard day Re: TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy, or labor & delivery experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WAYDTGKU:

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?

Re: TFAS W/O 4/19

• daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited April 2021
    What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3/2 1AL

WAYDTGKU: PNV Temping 

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 and 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m excited to try temping

Any questions? So my youngest still wakes up all the time so I didn’t get to sleep 3 hours straight before temping- how big of a deal is that? 

Rant/Rave? Hubby visits tomorrow and we should here about when he will be home for good soon. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO?
    we were 18 at a house party doing body shots haha we hooked up multiple times over the next two years before finally dating for real on my 21st birthday after I got kicked out of a bar and moved in together like a month later. We were really close friends by the time we started dating. I do wish it was a story we could tell our kids though 😂
  • @daisy0322 I love your meet-cute with your SO! It's a little similar to mine where the family-friendly version is "we met at a Halloween party" and leave it at that. Hahaha. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, timing, PNV

WTO/TWW? TWW, DPO 4

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 1/2 yo son

Any thoughts about this cycle? It's my first cycle off BC TTC #2, so I'm pretty relaxed about it. I don't expect it to happens straight away, and am mostly using these first few cycles to track when my cycle returns to my normal after coming off BC. However, it took 18 months to conceive my son, and I really don't want that again. Already, this first cycle feels completely different from when I came off BC the last time, so I'm hopeful that maybe my body is taking it better. I do also use BC to manage some health issues (migraines; nausea) so I feel lousy right now; a few cycles in, my body will adjust and those symptoms will go away, but the first 2 or 3 are icky. 

Any questions? Nope. :) 

Rant/Rave? Since I O later in my cycle (CD 20 - 22, usually, from last time which was true this month), I usually prefer the TWW because it's shorter but I weirdly hate the first week where I *can't* test because it's too early to test? I feel better in the second week where I feel like I'm *choosing* not test too soon. My brain is weird. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? I travelled with a friend in college (we were 19 at the time, so she didn't like travelling alone) to visit her boyfriend at another college for Halloween weekend; I met my SO at a house party when he was asking for a beer pong partner -- which I had never played then -- and I volunteered because he was cute. We lost terribly. We met a few more times over the weekend at various parties and events, and then I asked for his number on Fb, we started chatting, and started dating long-distance a few weeks later. We travelled every weekend for visits (it was maybe 2 hours away; not very far) for the rest of college, and then I moved to his town after graduation. We got married 6 years after we started dating; we've been together 13 years? Married coming up on 8? I am the partner who sucks at math and anniversaries.  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 15/?

WAYDTGKU: FET transfer on 4/19

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 and 2.5, both boys

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just counting down the days until beta! 

Any questions? I posted this question in TWW, it's not TTC related: for anyone who has had the covid vaccine, has anyone experienced swollen lymph nodes as a side effect? 

Rant/Rave? My armpit is bugging the crap out of me (see question above, haha). But I'm glad the other body aches have pretty much gone away. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? Match dot com almost 10 years ago. We went out on a drink date, hung out for a few hours and talked, then a dinner date 3 days later, and the rest is history I suppose! 
  • @Lisa3379 aw, love that match dot com meet-cute. also, I replied to your question in TWW. :) 

• @beakay8 yes! Our family friendly version is that we met at a college “event” 🤣then we hope that’s where the questions stop 
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WAYDTGKU: pnv

WTO/TWW? TWW, 13 DPO

Ages of other child(ren)? 9 month old DS

Any thoughts about this cycle? Eh, just trying to figure out PP cycle and how it’s different. And not loving the return to WTO/TWW mental math. 

Any questions? Not really

Rant/Rave? It still blows my mind I have a son. I’m excited and hopeful and anxious to try again because we had losses prior to him. So not really a rant/rave...just general high emotion. 😀

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? Like @Lisa3379 we met on Match in Dec ‘16, engaged in ‘17, married in ‘18. We both knew within a couple dates. My profile said I love the smell of onions and butter and he emailed me and said that’s a great smell (really, that was all he wrote). The rest is history! And now we have wine glasses, one that says Onion and the other Butter, and he knows my mood depending on which glass I pick. 😁
  • @rachelredhead um, LOVE the wineglasses! 
  • @rachelredhead What a great story! The wine glasses are adorable. 
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited April 2021
    these stories are so great!!! 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/6

WAYDTGKU: let's just call it ntnp 

WTO/TWW? wto

Ages of other child(ren)? 16 months in two days, my little christmas eve baby! 

Any thoughts about this cycle? not really, we have a wedding next weekend, which is maybe going to be timed nicely with o? debating if i'm going to do opks or not. i think i'm leaning toward a really lackadaisical ntnp for the summer tbh. 

Any questions? natm

Rant/Rave? i officially have 2 girls' weekends planned, one in june and one in july. i'm elated. i am very used to traveling and doing things with my friends, and also with my husband. but quite frankly after the last year i'm excited to get away with just gal pals! 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? high school. i pursued him, b/c that's how i roll. so crazy, we'll have been married 9 years this year... i was a child bride... and together for 16. that's a lotta life ya'll! 
  • @anniemarie887 that so sweet! I love it when HS sweethearts get married 💕 I was engaged in high school and almost got married long story but he started getting really abusive so I had to get a restraining order. 

@rachelredhead I love the wine glasses haha- so is it the smell of onions and butter or onions in butter?
  • @daisy0322 the smell of onions cooking in butter. 🙂 DH is a chef so I think that’s how I got my hooks in him. I give him crap because I was an online dating longhauler. Yeeeeeeears of my life. So many craptastic dates. And I was his first online date, like within weeks of joining Match. Rude.
  • What number are you trying for? Trying for #2

Month/Cycle? **TW** considering this month 1 cycle 1 after a m/c Jan 31 on the first time trying lol. Had to take 3 months off for a treatment and got my act together/detox/had a check up etc-

WAYDTGKU: Eating healthy/clean, cut caffeine, keeping up with my sups, I am on month 3 of ubiquinol. Using OPK. Trying to RELAX but actually stressing over making sure we BD on the right days. 

WTO/TWW? WTO!!! CD 8. Going to start BD tomorrow for good measure. My son is supposed to sleep at my parents house this weekend which will hopefully get us a good session in lol. 

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? keeping positive, praying, being consistent. Not having any wine during TWW. if we are successful I would be due a few days before my birthday and right before I turn 37 which is really what I want. That would be the best birthday present, ever. 

Any questions? natm

Rant/Rave? nothing is coming to mind.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? We went to elementary, middle and high school together. We were friends and reconnected after college. Now we live where we grew up and our son will go to the same school we went to. 
  • @daisy0322 YIKES!  i'm glad you got out! that's so hard!!
  • @anniemarie887 it was 10 years ago so it’s all good I learned a lot 

@rachelredhead a chef 🤩 Im jealous. My hubby recently learned how to pre heat the oven haha but I agree the onions in butter smell is pretty great! I was always curious about online dating. My husband and I have been together since before the whole dating app deal. It seems so intimidating.