Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 4/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Wednesday 4/21

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 24/3

Timing: -4, -2

Typical LP length: 14 days ish

Testing: Let's be real... I'm going to start testing next week on cheapies and tracking it but I'm still telling myself to wait until that first Monday of May (the 2nd??), because AF is expected that Sunday.

R/R: I have a dentist appointment this morning. My tech and dentist are great but I still hate the entire experience that is going to the dentist. 

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 Oh hey, my dentist office had the leaf today! It was weird! Better news: improvement in my gums & teeth, hooray! My dentist also always provides sunglasses to protect your eyes from the overhead lights. And, if I want it (I get panic attacks in the chair sometimes) a weighted blanket for comfort & stress balls. They've really got me covered for my cleanings, lol. I'm so sorry you feel terrified of testing tomorrow; I understand that completely. Virtual hugs. 
  • rachelredheadrachelredhead member
    edited April 2021

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 30/12

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 14? Not sure

Testing: yeah, already tested starting at 9 DPO (and everyday since like a damn maniac and glutton for punishment, I guess) because I had my second Covid shot yesterday and just wanted to know. 

R/R: none really. Trying to decide what diet/lifestyle changes to make to support fertility. I find all the supplement/diet stuff so daunting and overwhelming. But I also feel like it will help me feel proactive. 

CS/Q: 

@inthewoods23 I’m sorry you’re feeling terrified. I loathe testing so much. It can (and does) destroy my day sometimes. Can you prep some comforts ahead of time? It helps me a tiny bit to know I’ve cultivated some sad space (wine on hand, new podcast or music downloaded, favorite pajamas are fresh and clean, bath bomb purchased). The hope is sad space can be quickly revamped to be celebratory space, too, but either way I’m prepared for all the emotions. 

• @beakay8 the way I see it, there’s no shame in testing as long as you are at least like 9 DPO! 

@inthewoods23 gah your chart. I’d be nervous too. If your temp is good tomorrow I think you have to get testing out of the way so that you aren’t spending your bday thinking about it (or hopefully will be thinking about it in a good way!) 

@rachelredhead I’m overwhelmed with the diet/supplement stuff too. I’m also afraid to take any supplements without talking to my doctor and I feel like they will just say my PNV is fine so I haven’t bothered but I probably should at some point 

Month/Cycle: 29/32

CD/DPO: 20/5

Timing: -4,-1

Typical LP length: Back to 12 hopefully?

Testing: at least 9 DPO

R/R: I’ve been feeling off for the past couple of days. I’m glad it started so early in the TWW or I’d be convinced I’m KU haha. I think it’s just getting over my cold/ not getting enough sleep/ some work stress but just feeling anxious and on edge. This happened back in January too and I started to exercise and it really helped. I was so good for 2 months then I had my 2nd covid shot followed by a bad AF and just fell off the wagon.  Going to try to make it a habit again! But I also finally scheduled a checkup with my PCP that I’m overdue for just to see if she has any thoughts. 

CS/Q:

• @bows22 I appreciate the 9 DPO recommendation. I think Monday is 8 DPO & I'll be at a place to buy cheap(er) tests, so I may buy only 2 so that I can test W and F (or T and F). I don't have any expectation that early in my TWW but as I'm learning my natural cycle, it can help me feel more in control in the first 3 or so cycles to do OPKs and more pregnancy tests while I pinpoint my range for O day and luteal phase. :) It always blows my mind how good exercise is for you, and then I'm totally bad at making the routine around it. Good luck with your habit!! Do you have a particular kind of exercise you like to do? I try to take a walk every day, and run once or twice a week, if I remember; I also do ballet but currently we're redoing the room where my ballet barre is so that's off the table right now.
  • @beakay8 I feel like the dentist wasn't great even in the best of times. my dentist has taken to asking if I've been at a bar or restaurant any time in the last 2 weeks and if I have, they reschedule me for months out.

@inthewoods23 I'm sorry for the chilly weather and the testing fear, especially when I look at your chart. hugs if you want them :)

@rachelredhead yeah...I too caved and started testing early. today I used a CB rapid with a cheapie and was like "wow, no wonder everyone hates the blue dye!" on the health/diet things, we have a weekly thread on health stuff if you want to lurk/join!

@bows22 I'm sorry you're having a rough time and feeling off :( hugs if you want them. coming back into exercising regularly is hard! definitely work with your dr but also listen to your body and what feels best for you, too

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 25, 8 DPO

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: ...already started (and stark white BFNs)

R/R: feeling neutral today. the impending stress of graduation is coming. I still have to convince my professor to accept my thesis so I can graduate on time and there's another paper for a different class I have to start. 3.5 weeks to go!

CS/Q: trying not to let my SS out of control, no questions though

• @beakay8 I used to do barre at home during the summer last year, I used the back of a dining chair xD
  • @chgilmore I have a portable barre, which I love, but it does cause me to forget things like "use the back of a dining chair" when tight for space (despite that being how I did barre work at home for literal years 😅)
  • @beakay8 sometimes those shades still aren't enough! A weighted blanket might just make me sleep in the chair lol

@rachelredhead I keep going back and forth whether or not my PNV is good enough. Cuz of course I only want the best for my future child! Ugh why do we do this to ourselves. Testing last month definitely ruined my day. It's why I hate when  10dpo falls on a Monday or Tuesday. I hate ruining the start of my week. Puts me in a funk for a couple days. And then a couple days later it happens again when I'm feeling like crap from AF :tired_face:

@bows22 I hate the "omg your chart looks so pretty". We all know damn well it doesn't mean shit :D This chart does seem to have the best looking TWW temp so far though. I think my chart from 2 month ago my temps were already trending down 7dpo and later. GL getting back on the wagon!

@chgilmore what's your thesis on?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @beakay8 a weighted blanket at the dentist sounds heavenly. Precovid they would at least give me a soft blanket...it's always so cold in there! 

@inthewoods23 ok, so I've always only had one person clean my teeth! And always had a suction thingy hanging out of my mouth. They out ones of those paper thingys there so it rests on that or something, cause it doesn't suck up my cheek. 

Also 10 DPO is still pretty early for testing. I think FF says that according to their stats only 10% are positive by that point?? 

@rachelredhead I only take PNV and my other "normal" supplements that my Dr wants (fish oil, probiotics, vit D). As far lifestyle changes, adding in exercise (even just walking) is an easy one, and cutting back alcohol/caffeine is another one. But ultimately there isn't a right or wrong and you don't "need" to do anything. Personally I've upped my exercise because it's a goal unrelated to TTC. I also limited my caffeine, partially because I'm ultrasensitive, and partially because I'll need to cut back if PG. Alcohol is also another mostly non related TTC cutback for me, since I'm trying to lose weight and reduce my migraines.

@bows22 sorry you're feeling off, but at least you aren't going crazy with SS!

@chgilmore stay strong, re: SS! There's also a slight benefit to it as well...after a few months I realized I had the same symptoms over and over so they're just normal LP symptoms, not PG. Helped me be more relaxed about it all. 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 22/9

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: tomorrow, and Monday (my normal 14 DPO test date)

R/R: I don't like my new thermometer. My temps just aren't as high as they used to be with my old one, so it's hard to get a good cover line, but my old one kept favoring a low temp so I don't want to go back. Maybe I'll change the battery.🤔

CS/Q: nope

• @inthewoods23 I take back my practically "omg your chart is so pretty" lmao. my thesis is an exploration of a centering/grounding movement/dance practice I created to try and be more present during telehealth sessions to see how much better I could connect with clients. my professor likes my idea but says my organization needs work (surprise surprise, this is why I'm a dance therapist - I'm not so great with verbal/written communication lol). 

@pajamstagrams I hope you get your thermometer stuff sorted, that sounds frustrating. I'm definitely tracking it all to try and see a pattern. I've used Flo for that for over two years but for some reason it doesn't actually track any of it so I have no automatic way of looking at those trends I've been inputting for years, feels like I'm back at square one tracking my cycles again. but it's definitely all good data to have that now FF gets to have :)

• @beakay8 I didn’t know portable barre was a thing! I just recently started peloton barre classes and I tend to just use the wall but an actual barre is cool. 

TW: LO mentioned, and losses

@pajamsta@pajamstagrams

When I was TTC my son I did PNV, alcohol only on weekends, limited carbs (diagnosed PCOS), pinkstork supplements, and kept up my running. All that said, I had two losses before my son and I have no clue if/how any of those things really encouraged conception success. I’m on Zoloft now, due to PPA, and that helps some. I think keeping my anxiety down is my first priority and figuring out whether certain diet or lifestyle decisions might support that is where I’m at now. I can just tell even though this is our first month trying I’m already spiraling more than is healthy. So I think I need to make a good proactive health plan that supports our hopes for pregnancy and also just helps me not go insane. 

• @rachelredhead
    *TW LC*
    Yeah, definitely don't try to make too many changes at once! I agree, managing anxiety sounds like the best priority. 

For me, the process of TTC #2 has been different from #1, so I try not to compare what I did or didn't do the first time to this time. We're in a different stage of our lives compared to before. Although I'll say the other big reason for my limiting caffeine is because I couldn't stand the smell of coffee for months when PG with DD, so I'm weaning myself off now to avoid the withdrawal symptoms.😂
  • @beakay8 just treadmill and yoga for now! I do better with just doing the same thing all the time and being in a routine. 

@chgilmore good luck with your thesis! Is 3.5 weeks when you will graduate or just the end of the semester?

@pajamstagrams did you switch thermometer brands? That’s so weird that your temps are so much lower with this one 
  • @bows22 thank you! 3.5 weeks until the end of the semester but it's my final semester, technically graduation is May 22 O.O
  • @bows22 yeah I switched brands, and I don't like this one as much. My old one had a 60 day recall on the thermometer itself (plus showed date/time) so it was perfect for my lazy bum when I was TTA because I would record in my app like 2x a month 😂. It was favoring temps so I stopped using it.