Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 4/21

*** This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!***

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 4/21

• Month/Cycle: 3/2 1AL

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNV, tracking on Flo, I’m thinking about temping

R/R: Ive been incredibly nauseous on my period this month and cranky. I think really I’m just kind of bummed out because my husband is gone and I feel like I won’t be able to really try to get KU until he’s back. One day a week seems unlikely. 

CS/Q: how hard is temping? What apps do you use? 

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNV

R/R: My mental list of things to do is a mile long today.  I am usually not a procrastinator so I'm not sure how I ended up in the situation hah!

CS/Q: I am pretty sure AF arrived yesterday.  My chart is a mess.  TW- Loss

I am hating the short luteal phase but I guess bodies do weird things after a loss. ? ugh. 

TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Loading the player...
  • @daisy0322 temping is pretty easy. I use Fertility Friend. That seems to be a favorite on this forum. 

Month/Cycle: 22/2 AL

CD: 48

WAYDTGKU: NTNP, temping

R/R: I took a mental health day today and am so happy to get a day completely to myself. It is definitely much needed. Also it’s snowing today and accumulating. I’m someone that loves snow but I’m so not into this. We’ve been working in the garden and I’m in full spring mentality.

CS/Q 

• @daisy0322 temping is not hard at all.  Literally just take your temp while laying in bed when you wake up (ideally at the same time every day) then record it.  Most people here use fertility friend.  If you look at my chart above, that is what it does for you.  My chart is a mess right now though haha. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @gingermama29 @ReadyForaB thanks! I think I may try temping this month. In my head because I’ve been told I can’t get pregnant I think I’m not ovulating but logically I know when I wasn’t ovulating I was having hot flashes and went over a year without a period. I don’t feel menopausal at all right now and my cycles have been regular plus TW****I just had a MC so I know I Od then*****End TW
  • edited April 2021
    @daisy0322 Temping is super easy, just get a bbt from Amazon for like $10 lol and set an alarm to try and take it at the same time every morning.  I keep mine under my pillow, that way I don't have to move around too much or get out of bed, which can throw off the temp.  Enter it into FF and that's it!  Rinse and repeat, watch the magic happen.  It will give you SO much insight into what your body is doing, if in fact you are ovulating, or having annovulatory cycles, you can tell the difference by the temp pattern.  If anyone on this forum needs to be temping right now, imho, it's YOU!  That really is the best way to know what your body is doing and if you're actually getting some decent Friday timing ;)

@gingermama29 ((((hugs)))) ❤️❤️❤️
  • *lurking from tww*
    @daisy0322 the Flo app also lets you chart your BBT. It's the app I was using before I added FF. I chart and log CM, symptoms, etc in both. You might need to add the parameter for it to show up 

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @daisy0322 have you gotten a 2nd opinion about your medical stuff? i apologize if you said that in the intro thread and i'm missing it... 

@ReadyForaB i procrastinate about specific things... like work email. i hate it. i would just like to hit delete on all of it tbh.

@gingermama29 yikes! sticking? my friends in chicago got snow, but nothing that stuck!

Month/Cycle: 5/6 (screwed that up yesterday, duhhhh we're still in april)

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: tracking w/Flo, forgetting vitamins... TBD on OPKs

R/R: i just ordered my self a standing desk converter for my office! wooooo i've been thinking about this for ages, and the moral of the story is my hips/sciatic just don't like me sitting for 8 hrs.

CS/Q: natm

• daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited April 2021
    @anniemarie887 ive gotten 4 opinions they all tell me something different to be honest. TW****The doctors have rarely ever seen someone with my condition get pregnant once and I’ve had two fairly back to back so they’re all just guessing. They all can agree that they don’t know why or how but they wouldn’t be surprised anymore if I had a 3 baby.**** end TW. I’m jealous of your standing desk! I wanted one so bad when I worked. 

@BusinessWife that’s a good idea! I’m horrible at waking up at the same time every day we are up between 6 am and 9 am randomly everyday haha. 

• @daisy0322 temping is the bane of my existence but really it is so helpful for confirming O so it's like, gotta do it. I use FF just because it's what I'm used to at this point, I think it's a great app for starting out. Also totally get being frustrated with YH being away but remember... sometimes it only takes one time!!

@ReadyForaB lol I am the opposite, massive procrastinator so my list is always a mile long. Hope you are able to be productive today!

@gingermama29 boo to snow but yay for mental health day! Hope you get all the relaxation you need... doing anything fancy?

@anniemarie887 ohhh that's exciting! Here's to happy hips! haha

Month/Cycle: 10ish

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: charting

R/R: I finally put my temp drop back on last night, it's a miracle. Haven't worn it in like 2 months. Excited for the sunshine today - going to get some errands done and maybe a nice walk! Also love to see this board so alive before 12PM!!!!

CS/Q: 

• @daisy0322 well that's certainly a positive outlook! like i've done this twice, who's to say i can't a third! medical diagnoses are so interesting to me, in my experience it's a lot of eliminating what something is not to then get a dx by default of what is left. or at least that's how i felt. 
  • @anniemarie887 I have premature ovarian failure so there is no fertility treatments that can help me. However since I’m “young” I will randomly start cycling occasionally and it’s presumed that I ovulate when that happens because when I wasn’t ovulating I was having hot flashes and they could trigger me to get a period for anything. 

@fameonmain2 enjoy your walk! It snowed here today for some unholy reason lol
  • @daisy0322 I’m sorry for your recent loss. I ditto what @BusinessWife said: temping in your situation should help immensely. Also, not to be super annoying, but have you ever seen a naturopath or functional medicine doctor about your irregular cycles? They’d likely recommended Vitex/Chasteberry to see if that helps normalize your cycles. It worked to lengthen my very short cycles and now I don’t need it anymore. 

@ReadyForaB I am sorry for your loss as well. I hope things start to straighten out soon with your wonky cycles. 

@gingermama29 I couldn’t do the dailies yesterday but I saw your update last night. I’m so sorry about your grandpa. It’s good that you could take a mental health day today.💗 Hope you’re doing ok. 

@an@anniemarie887 Woohoo for a standing desk! That can make such a difference in all the things, both work- and health-related. Enjoy! 

@fameonmain2 That’s too funny about you being happy to see this board alive before noon Eastern. When I first joined here it was almost all East coasters, and by the time I woke up there were so many comments that it was overwhelming. The board usually had died down and had no action by the time it rolled around to my lunchtime. So I’m loving the current presence of more West Coasters to keep it alive throughout the day.😄

Month/Cycle: 35/who knows 

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: So many supplements & meds. Going for another IUI at the end of this week  

R/R: Rant: Had to be up super early for a work thing. Have gotten too little sleep this week. Rave: Had a hectic workday yesterday but still squeezed in a walk & run so feeling energized by that. 

CS/Q: Couldn't temp today, up way too early to be consistent 

• @keikilove i called a naturopath! They were super expensive and don’t take insurance so i decided to wait a few months. And thank you I was super upset plus MH left that week. We are practicing Catholics though and it does help. I went to mass a lot and I really felt better the Easter Vigil is one of my favorite nights ❤️ ***TW I had a Different MC  when I was younger (like 21/22) that I blamed myself for because I didn’t really understand why it happened and my then BF now husband was gone then too with work - I think I was working though both at the same time. End TW **** but I am at peace with it now 
  • @daisy0322 can you try setting just a soft alarm, wake up just enough to temp, maybe pee, and then go back to sleep if there no reason to be up yet?  That's what I do if it's a rare day I get to sleep in.... Haha
  • @acleverusername I’ll look into that thanks! What did your Mediterranean diet entail? 
  • @daisy0322 Here's a brief description of what mediterranean diet entails: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mediterranean-diet-meal-plan#the-basics 
    It's been shown to positively influence outcomes of IVF, and since I wasn't particularly happy with how I've been eating for the past 5-6 months, I'm giving it a go. I've done the Whole30 diet before, but that's too much meat for now.
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023