What is the most challenging aspect as a parent you are facing right now? — The Bump
Parenting

What is the most challenging aspect as a parent you are facing right now?

Parenting has become a daunting task for most parents in the current time. The reason why parenting has become quite challenging is due to the fact that our lifestyle is rapidly changing with newer requirements and demands being instilled into our lives. What is the most challenging aspect as a parent you are facing right now? 

jessyfred89

Re: What is the most challenging aspect as a parent you are facing right now?

• bumphibumphi member

Giving time to my son is the most challenging for me. I am very busy with my work and sometimes able to forget myself and my child. I need to work hard to give the best for him but the connection is not that strong. That is what I am working so hard for now.  

kostenann
  • Loading the player...
  • kostenannkostenann member
    edited April 17
    Going places on a whim, especially international travel, is hard. We have friends who do it all the time with their toddler and infant. We don't. It's probably gonna depend on your energy levels.  
    Spontaneity in general will be hard. You'll have little companions at the store, on dates, party, while running, always. They'll be awfully cute, but they will also be grabby, distracted, tired, hungry, etc. Can you be patient with developing little people attached to your hip for several years?
    You'll never sleep in again (for a few years). If you're farmers, though, you're probably used to that.

meggyme
  • Loading the player...
  • bumphibumphi member
    Additionally, it is very heart-breaking when your child wants some of your time to play with him and you cannot give it to satisfy him. It's hard because you know that you cannot buy back the time that passed.
  • I truly agree with you. When your work demands your time and attention, so does your children its exhausting!