November 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-in 4/18

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? 

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Check-in 4/18

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Nov 8, 10+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lego man! 

Upcoming appointments: 26th for our first scan!! 

How are you feeling?: nauseous but it’s actually more like queasiness now which I’m grateful for because I can eat again! Still pretty fatigued as well but slowly increasing my bed time to about 8:30-9 as opposed to 7 lol 

Rants/Raves: I found out someone else at work is also pregnant and she’s 6 weeks ahead of me so I told her I’m also pregnant. It’s been SO nice to talk to someone about pregnancy (obviously I have you guys but it’s nice to have someone in the UK and in person) 

Questions:

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? TikTok and Facebook unfortunately. But I also could NOT live without the Notes app! It’s by far my most used app and just helps me organize my whole life lol 

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  11/27 8+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an olive

Upcoming appointments: 4/22 I'll have my second sono

@jackie_dunny I wish I could go to sleep at 8:30/9. Im tired all day and then cant fall asleep at night. Its a struggle. My dream are becoming more and more vivid too. The other day I was telling DH something that happened at work and then realized it was a dream!

Rants/Raves: Cooking has become a struggle. I usually meal prep at the beginning of the week so after work I dont have to spend too much time doing it, but I never know day to day what I can eat or not. One day I might be able to handle salmon, the next not. And DH can NOT cook at all. The poor man made me macaroni soup once from kraft macaroni🤦🏼‍♀️

Questions:

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? instagram and email. I got rid of facebook almost a year ago. All of the groups I was in/all of my friends with pregnancy announcements became very triggering to me after our first failed egg retrieval. it was a rash decision, but the best Ive ever made. I might do the same with instagram, but i couldnt completely nix social media.

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10w 6d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: no idea lol such a difference between my first and this one. 

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday first technical ob intake appointment 

How are you feeling?: So nauseated, but I'm getting breaks again so I'm hoping my symptoms are calming down. 

Rants/Raves: Just thankful I can still sleep on my stomach.  I know the time is coming,  which is one of the worst parts of pregnancy for me.  I'm dreading it

Questions:

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often?

At this point I'm addicted to tiktok, and I have instagram to follow other artists but that's about it. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10+0

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: strawberry

Upcoming appointments: first appointment this Friday

How are you feeling?: Good but hungry all the time

Rants/Raves: I just bought a couple baby pajamas and realized they are going to be too small and I can't return them. Oh well but disappointing!

Questions:

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? Facebook, Google Maps because I still don't know my way around town, Paprika for my recipes and grocery list, Target app! Kindle for reading.

• @chartput I’ve been struggling with meal prepping too. I try to do our weekly meal plan while nauseous ironically because if I’m reading through something and my stomach is like NOPE then I know “okay, probably won’t be having that this week” lol 

@artsiefartsie I’m not a stomach sleeper (boobs are already way too huge) but I’m already dreading about having to sleep solely on my side because I move around A LOT when I sleep. 

@RoseShadow873 DH and I already itching to buy clothes but we’re doing our best to hold off lol
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a 2x2 lego brick

Upcoming appointments: May 7th for NIPT

How are you feeling?: Great, queasy sometimes and super vivid dreams still

Rants/Raves: what's strange is I think that my queasiness is mostly motion based (if I move too quickly), which is a very hard thing to avoid while wrestling a toddler and 2 dogs 😂

Questions: what's the latest show that you binged? I need to add things to the list/roster

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? Facebook and Google chrome (to scroll various message boards)

• @chartput I'm in the same boat, wanting a nap by noon, but then at night I can go until 11 or midnight

@jackie_dunny that's great that you have someone else at work to go through pregnancy stages with, is it her first too?

@artsiefartsie lol I'm the same with this pregnancy, I'm still so happy and grateful but can't remember the day or size at any given moment

@ro@RoseShadow873 how do you know that the baby PJs are too small?
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9 + 2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cherry

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday for my first ultrasound! I’m getting nervous 

How are you feeling?: like I could sleep all day everyday

Rants/Raves: I’m about to take my third nap of the day, guys.

Questions: this isn’t pregnancy related but does anyone have any experience telling your parents you’re moving far away? My mom is a bit dramatic and so I still haven’t told her. 😬

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? I am not on social media so, probably just the news app. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I’m not sure!

Upcoming appointments: blood draw for MAT21 on Monday, maternal fetal health on May 7th (I’ve had weekly ultrasounds, so waiting 3 weeks seems like forever). 

How are you feeling?: today I feel nauseous but I was feeling good 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often?  I’m on a message board that I frequent everyday. I left most FB and it was the best decision, but I go to Twitter and IG. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10w2d

Upcoming appointments: Monday 1st regular OB

How are you feeling?: good today-I ran 4 miles today, which felt great. Starting to be hungrier and not as nauseated, but still so tired. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? Facebook, IG and TikTok. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10w+6d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A fig! And apparently officially graduated from embryo to fetus. Woo!

Upcoming appointments: First trimester scan on the 29th

How are you feeling?: Recovering from another migraine. I'm so hoping these will stop in the second trimester when the hormones are more stable.

Rants/Raves: DH took over meal prep and watching our toddler today while I felt like total crap.

Questions: Could we maybe put some more space between the FTM/STM check-ins and weekly check-ins? A day apart, they seem pretty repetitive. Happy to leave it if no one else feels that way, though.

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? Instagram. I use it less for keeping up with people I know and more for following pediatric nutritionists and psychologists and other parenting support professionals.

• @mayoduck I wouldn't mind breaking them up too, but also am completely fine with what @jackie_dunny feels like doing since she's running the show 😋
  • @doodleoodle haha, the telling parents that I'm moving far away thing has been funny (I've moved away for schools, to Asia for a couple of years altogether, settled states away post-marriage and. My mom is also dramatic and I just tell her and she doesn't "believe" it's happening until moving day but she always adjusts

@mayoduck @artsiefartsie I agree 😁
  • @marbellie One of the PJs online said preemie-newborn size but it's just preemie I guess, it says up to 5 lbs and is really tiny. The other one is newborn size but it still looks really small and says up to 7 lbs. Both my other kids came out over 8 lbs (boy was close to 9 lbs) so unless there's an emergency this time, I'm guessing this one will be similar size.
  • I’m happy to move the check-ins! I only made them on Saturdays and Sunday’s because those were the only days we didn’t have anything. What’s everyone thinking? 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny maybe Saturday’s and Wednesday’s? Just spitballing here though :)

@marbellie that actually sounds preferable to the pure hysterics I’m imagining. I hardly ever see my mom anyway, but I just know she’s going to bawl her eyes out. To be fair, I wouldn’t want any of my kids to move away either. Maybe that’s another reason why I’ve been putting it off. PS your life sounds so adventurous
  • @mayoduck So sorry to hear you’re a fellow migraine-sufferer. My doctor prescribed me Vicodin for when Tylenol just doesn’t cut it (which is always, for me). Additionally, my OB has me starting IV fluid infusions tomorrow. She said she doesn’t know why, but it seems to work for her pregnant clients 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have several sessions lined up over the next couple of weeks and would be happy to let you know how it goes, if you remind me! Last pregnancy, my migraines continued through the second trimester, sadly...so, hopefully yours don’t, but my understanding is they don’t get better, they get worse 😕
  • sliztee said:
    @mayoduck So sorry to hear you’re a fellow migraine-sufferer. My doctor prescribed me Vicodin for when Tylenol just doesn’t cut it (which is always, for me). Additionally, my OB has me starting IV fluid infusions tomorrow. She said she doesn’t know why, but it seems to work for her pregnant clients 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have several sessions lined up over the next couple of weeks and would be happy to let you know how it goes, if you remind me! Last pregnancy, my migraines continued through the second trimester, sadly...so, hopefully yours don’t, but my understanding is they don’t get better, they get worse 😕
    @tanyadk I saw on another thread you’re suffering too, if you’re interested!
  • @slitzee Thank you! Interesting, yes, let me know how it goes! I'll try to remember to ask again.. Bummer the headaches didn't get better for you after the first tri! I hope that's not the case this time! I didn't have this at all with my first. It's so wild how the hormones can manifest differently with each baby.
  • jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited April 2021
    @mayoduck aww it’s really nothing lol but it’s nice to be appreciated 🥰 haha 

ETA: we do have a monthly healthy mama check in, but we could make this weekly if that’s what others wanted!
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @doodleoodle, I have been on 2 deployments and moved from the Midwest to Alaska 6 years ago (she has since followed me).  I felt it helped me in having a plan when explaining it, like showing her I was prepared and researching. Of course, I didn't research and prepare as much as she would've liked. We moved out of boredom and kind of were winging it but she didn't need to know that.  But I agree with @marbellie, my mom adjusted pretty well... I think. 😉 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11 weeks +5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lime (that seems...big)

Upcoming appointments: waiting on my genetic testing results but nothing else for 3 weeks 

How are you feeling?: I think I have turned a corner with the nausea but now I'm just exhausted. And I can't stomach coffee so I'm doing this caffeine free which succcccccks

Rants/Raves: I wish I could drink even a half cup of coffee to help me get through the day! 

Questions:

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? Instagram. I'm not on fb (well, I have a fake account so I can hang out with my F19 group but that doesn't really count)

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9wks today 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a cherry

Upcoming appointments: not till next month 

How are you feeling?: much better this week. Oddly I feel the worst after I eat. 

Rants/Raves: going to the beach next week! I’m so excited 

Questions: 

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? Probably Instagram 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8w?

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Baby A 8w (raspberry) Baby B 7+1(blueberry)

Upcoming appointments: my pregnancy confirmation appointment that I went to today was all rescheduled for 2 weeks from now since we don't know if Baby B is viable or a normal variant for a twin pregnancy.

How are you feeling?: now I'm anxious on top of exhausted

Rants/Raves: I cant even be super happy right now

Questions:

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? I'm still Facebook and tiktok, I have no clue how Instagram really works and I hardly post anything anywhere. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10w + 6d

Upcoming appointments: appointment next Wednesday, no ultrasound but the doctor said we’ll use the Doppler! 😬

How are you feeling?: the nausea has finally starting to let up, only getting sick every few days rather than everyday 😅🙌🏻

Rants/Raves: cookies and cream icecream is my absolute favorite thing right now. 

Questions: none

GTKY: what website/app do you use most often? Instagram!