Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 4/20

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Tuesday 4/20

• Month/Cycle: 5 AL

CD/DPO: 29/8

Timing: -4, -2, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: Earth Day

R/R: Just chugging along trying to ignore the looming test date, my birthday on Friday, and *tw* any day now probably getting a 2nd niece *end tw*. And our ferns did NOT ship yesterday! DH is very sad. Hopefully he gets clarification on when we should expect them. I told him maybe we shouldn't have bought 300+ ferns lol. Maybe that's too many! Shouldn't be though, we bought them wholesale. Our order is probably a small order by comparison.

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Good morning, GOOD MORNING! 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 23/2

Timing: -2, -4

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: I am going to try so, so hard to wait until May 2 (expected AF day). So, 14 DPO.

R/R: We have a big pest control treatment happening today and we had to empty everything out of the kitchen. I think my elderly cat thinks we're moving again, and she is distressed. She's moved with me/us 9 times. I keep reassuring her we're not moving, but she's a cat; she doesn't know. 

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 test date buddies! Also, everytime you talk about your ferns, I think of this 😂:

@beakay8 definitely don't envy you on the kitchen clean out. Idk where I would even put all our stuff, and we don't even have that much cabinet space! 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 21/8

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: 10 DPO & 14 DPO 

R/R: first cycle TTC with no weird LP symptoms. (No cramping, no excessive bloating, nothing.)  I feel so free! 😂 Maybe having the house painted was enough of a distraction from what was probably SS to various degrees. 

CS/Q: nope

• chgilmorechgilmore member
    edited April 2021

@inthewoods23 fx for test date on your birthday and congrats on getting the ferns!

@beakay8 good morning to you too! (it is still morning here). cats seem super sensitive to change, hopefully she settles in soon and realizes you aren't going anywhere this time!

@pajamstagrams I am envious of your lack of LP SS lol only two more days til your first test date!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 24, 7 DPO

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: ...I know that I could lie on the internet but I am weak and have started POAS (obvious BFN but hey, SS is all "bUt wHaT iF?!?")

R/R: finally got an offer for a full time position at my internship site and am trying to negotiate my pay - never been able to do that before! I mean, either way I'm taking it because I like my site and don't want to leave my clients and the team, but why not try, right? and it is still sunny and warm so far this week! not even mad I have to commute.

CS/Q: ETA chart from mobile

Trying not to get too excited about this temp rise, so far it's almost exactly the same as my last two cycles 

• @chgilmore my cat is sticking by my side today; she always thinks we'll forget to take her along, like we ever would do that! (I think this comes from moves to new places in same cities, where we would move her last; now when we do move, she goes first and hangs out in a room while we get stuff so she knows she went with us.) Also, thank you for being honest about POAS here. I appreciate it for when I inevitably do not make it to 14 DPO. Hahaha. I'm going to cave. AND CONGRATS ON THE JOB OFFER! Good on you for negotiating! It's an important step! 

@pajamstagrams Our kitchen is laid out in the dining room and living room and it's a nightmare. I walked into it several times today to get things and had to backtrack. "Nope, a plate is not in here. Nope, no cups in here either. Dang it, where is the silverware drawer?!" It's been rough. But I get to put it all back later tonight or tomorrow morning.
  • @beakay8 awww poor kitty. My cat always fights when I'm trying to stick her in her carrier for vet visits. Hilariously, once that's over, I sometimes leave the open carrier on the floor in our kitchen and she'll lay in there and chill. What a weird cat. I think she gets anxious a little bit when she sees up bring out our luggage like we're going to leave her forever.

@pajamstagrams that gif is so small and I can't read the text, but I know the movie! haha haven't seen that in ages. Honestly may have only ever seen it once. You're probably 100% right that the paint was a distraction. I have always felt I don't have many symptoms from progesterone in the TWW. Even on the IVF meds and birth control I never felt like garbage like some of us describe here. But when TTC you noticed EVERYTHING. I'm half convinced the twinges near my hip crease are O pains or implantation haha.

@chgilmore yay for the job offer! I've never negotiated pay, but I did negotiate an extra week of PTO. Because WTF they were only going to offer me 10 days but I was getting 15 at my previous job. Maybe a year or 2 into me being at my current job they updated their PTO policy to start at 15 days. 10 days is NOTHING when you consider doing a week long vacation in the summer and using the majority remaining around holidays. There's basically no days left to take a day off just because.

On the topic of SS, I was dumb to Google cervical positioning and texture in early pregnancy and now I'm like why did I do that because now I'm wondering if I'm really KU or not. And I only did it because I've been checking it well after O as it seems my cervix stays both open/semi-open and soft for days after and I now know what firm really feels like haha. Last day or 2 has definitely felt like the tip of my nose. It's only cycle 2 of tracking it so I'm cutting myself some slack, but oh no why did I go down that hole wondering about the potential signs.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @chgilmore yeah I'm testing "early" (for me) because I have a chiro appointment and they need to know if I'm PG. They called today and asked and I was like "🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️, idk, I'll test Thursday but that still doesn't mean much because it's still too early to be a 100% definite no". At least she seemed to understand what I was saying, and didn't question why I was I couldn't give a straight yes or no. 

Also congrats on the job!
  • @beakay8 that's what I do with my cat too - he goes first and stays in a room by himself with some stuff so he knows he made it with us lol. on the opposite end, the dog goes to daycare for the day and does not seem to care or notice that she woke up in one place and returned to a completely different one. on testing, I inevitably never make it to 10 DPO, but at least I only use the cheapies that early and save the FRER for when something could actually show up. still rooting for you that you can make it to as close to 14 DPO as possible!
  • rachelredheadrachelredhead member
    edited April 2021

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 29/11 ?

Timing: I think -1, O

Typical LP length: 13-14 [edited from 33 because I was thinking of cycle length]

Testing: yeah, all BFN. I’m not sure about O because it’s my first month getting back into tracking. We just happened to have our anniversary celebration right around the week of O so the timing was probably ok. I tested because I had my second Covid shot today and I just kinda wanted to know I wasn’t pregnant. It’s nice to have that over with! 

R/R: none really, just trying to be patient with myself in tracking, keep the stress down. Being vaccinated will definitely help some of my anxiety, I think. 

CS/Q: nope

• @rachelredhead congrats on getting your vaccine! speaking personally, it definitely helped with some of my anxiety so fx you experience a similar effect too :)