TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 4.19

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 27/12+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby is as tall as a tennis ball/apricot

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow with infectious disease to figure out a plan for the constant UTIs. The one I have now is symptomatic now, so I’m annoyed we didn’t treat it right away. 🤬

How are you feeling?: This weekend was good. I was able to get a lot done and not feel too miserable, which is awesome! Still nauseous at times, especially in the evenings, but otherwise starting to feel somewhat normal?

Rants/Raves: DD turns 2 this week. 😭 I can’t believe my first baby is basically 2! We are taking her 2 year photos today as well as announcement photos. It’s supposed to be hella cold, so hopefully she does okay with it! My rant is my stupid UTI. 😩 

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: I’m perfectly content with chocolate frosted (so long as it has sprinkles) and sinus holes. I’m a boring donut eater.

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  10/23 13w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: none this week. 

How are you feeling?: my nausea is easing up and my energy continues to return, but I also have spurts each day where I still feel super nauseous and super tired. But its not all day everyday and seems to be a little less each and every day! I feel like I'm slowly turning the corner.

Rants/Raves: We got so much done around the house this weekend! We sent the kids to my in laws and my parents came over to help us complete some projects. DH repaired the bedroom walls so we can paint next week. My dad worked on the exterior trim.  My mom and I deep cleaned the kitchen and living room and packed up about 10 orr so boxes of stuff we don't need in the immediate future (5 of those were totes of old kids clothes!!!) And brought them to my parent's house. We want to list it, but it needs work and this gave us a huge boost. Next weekend I'm hoping to paint the living room and maybe our bedroom and pack up and toss even more stuff! 

Questions: how would you feel about getting a massage if you're only half vaccinated?  I really really want one, but the thought of being in a small room for an hour has me uneasy. 

GTKY: 5, 18 and 8. 

• Loading the player...
  • @chindimples04, we continue to be pregnancy/life twins. Donuts are also not really my thing, unless there's a chocolate frosted one with sprinkles! I feel so juvenile about picking the chocolate frosted sprinkled ones out of the box 100% of the time, but hey! I like what I like! I'm equally picky about bagels :D  

@vampirina, I'm personally not comfortable getting a massage while half-vaccinated. But it's on the tippy top of my priority list of things to do when I'm fully vaccinated! Like... the day I'm 2 weeks past my 2nd dose, I'm scheduling a massage! CANNOT WAIT.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 29 ?// 12w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chicken nugget

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday for OB, Friday for my second covid vaccine dose. Woot!!

How are you feeling?: I seem to keep jinxing myself when I comment here. One week I wrote that I felt fine, and then BAM! The nausea hit me so hard. Last week I was really struggling and I lamented here about how I was so sick. Then last week I was mysteriously so much better! I got sick this morning, but it was the first time I've gotten sick in a week. So hopefully I continue to feel better!

Rants/Raves: we got our NIPT results back and everything is low risk! Wooohooo! Also successfully still Team Green, which is blowing my mind. I'm the least patient person ever, and I NEVER expected to be Team Green. But here I am doing it. And actually starting to get excited about the delivery room surprise!!  <3

Questions: those of you with kids close together, will you be getting a second crib? My husband said something this morning about moving our daughter out of the crib, and I was like nooooooooooo! Crib for life! We'll be buying a second one.

GTKY: ummm chocolate frosted with sprinkles, which is inexplicably not pictured! Donut blasphemy! If I was really in dire need, I'd reach for the apple fritter, old fashioned, or donut holes. 

• vampirinavampirina member
    edited April 2021
    @galentine our kids are 2 years and 3 weeks apart. We bought that second crib. No way was I going to deal with #1's sleep disruption while caring for a newborn. We actually got a minicrib which #2 used until she was about 18 months, and then she took #1's old crib.  Worked out great!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15weeks, dd: 10/11

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: doughnut, avocado 🥑

FTM/STM/TTM+: ttm🥰

Upcoming appointments: on the 26th for my 16wk check up

How are you feeling?: more energetic but I can still nap like no tomorrow😆

Rants/Raves: I absolutely HATE how congested my nose has been! I wake up feeling like I have the cold, sneezing and tons of mucus🤢 

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: I'm so basic. 1, 13, and 16 are my go to's🤤

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14w + 3D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peach 🍑 

Upcoming appointments: May 3rd for 16 week appt 

How are you feeling?: starting to feel more like myself which has been great and the nice weather is helping a lot 

Rants/Raves: DS turns 3 on Cinco De Mayo and I just can’t believe my baby is almost 3. Time seriously goes by so fast. 

Rant: attended a cousins bridal shower this weekend and everyone got food poisoning including my DS so this weekend was literally the shits 

Questions: None that I can think of 

GTKY: not much of a donut person but I’d go with 2,18,20

• @bcliffee1 OMG on the food poisoning was it catered or a dish someone made? That sucks!

• @vampirina For me it depends on the place I'm getting the massage. I go to a small "wellness center" that requires reservations, follows strict cleanliness measures, and requires everyone wears a mask at all times. I went in November and felt pretty comfortable. I will be going again on May 7th when I've only received my first dose. I don't think I would feel comfortable going to any other place, though. 

@galentine My kids won't be close in age, but we kept DS in his crib until he outgrew it. If I was in your position, kid 1 would be in the crib for as long as possible.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/10, 15+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: yellow canary; his legs are now longer than his arms

Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday, including an early glucose test (BOOOO!)

How are you feeling?: normal, I love second trimester!

Rants/Raves: DH got us tickets for Disneyland in June! We'll both be fully vaccinated and we'll be going right before CA likely puts an end to capacity restrictions, so it should be one of the last days of super limited capacity. I'm a little bummed that I won't get to go on Indiana Jones with DS for his first time. 

Questions: none

GTKY: I'm not a huge donut person. Too much sugar in the morning makes me sick. Give me all your breakfast sandwiches and omelettes. I'd keep 20 (Boston cream) for DH, 25 (holes) for DS, and a chocolate old-fashioned (not listed) from my favorite local donut shop only. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 14w4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a navel orange or a rubber ducky, apparently!

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Good, just tired

Rants/Raves: we ordered out for Chinese-Indian food last night. Lots of yummy leftovers for the next few days!

Questions:

GTKY: 22 all the way. I guess I can add doughnut holes and a cinnamon twist, but I'm all about apple fritters. Never heard of a spudnut or wonut--had to google and am not super intrigued.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pear

Upcoming appointments: Next Tuesday!! Feeling anxious. Need it to get here fast!

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Nausea is gone. I still have a lot of food aversions but as long as I avoid them I feel just fine. I can stay up later now, I’m not falling asleep by 7:30 😆 Still can’t sleep without a 1/2 tablet of Unisom. If I forget to take it I have absolutely terrible insomnia. Especially the last week or so with all the shootings all over the country. I have the most frightening dreams about my kids. I started taking a daily baby aspirin at my doctors recommendation because of my gestational hypertension in my first pregnancy... which seems weird to me since I didn’t have any issues in my second pregnancy and didn’t take anything, but there’s no harm so I’m giving it a go. I don’t want to risk it if they think it’s a risk! 

Rants/Raves: It snowed here this morning. BOO. Rave: my cat is peeing on significantly less stuff and it’s making my life way less stressful. Granted, every door in the house is shut all the time so he can’t ever get anywhere, which is a pain in the ass to remember, but I’ll take it. 

GTKY: I’d get a bagel (an everything bagel!) over a donut any day :) but my favorite donut is maple (no bacon!!)

@v@vampirina I would definitely wait until 2 weeks after your second dose! Not worth it - it’d be so awful to get covid in between your doses!

@ga@galentine it’s my personal preference to keep my kids in their cribs as long as possible 🤣🤣 my son was 22 months when my daughter was born and we bought her a second crib. Right before she turned 3 we switched her out of her crib and into her brothers toddler bed (and him to a twin) because she could easily get in and out anyway. But if you’ve got a little one who sleeps well and stays in their crib, I wouldn’t mess with that until you have to! Some kids do great with the transition to a toddler/big kid bed and some kids do terrible... I wouldn’t want to deal with that with a newborn. 

• @aztecash, I'm sorry you have to do an early glucose test. I can't remember if you said why - did you have GD with your first? I had GD with my DD, and I'm sooooo dreading the thought I might get it again. I'm super anxious about doing the early test in a few weeks 😫
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: oct 15/14+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of a crayon

FTM/STM/TTM+: what is this? Lol

Upcoming appointments: may 3rd, first 2nd trimester appointment

How are you feeling?: Nausea is letting up thankfully but getting replaced with light headedness 😵‍💫 I'm still crazy tired, up at 5am and in bed at 830pm. Weekends are made for afternoon naps while my 2 year old naps. Work is rough but pushing thru for that second tri energy boost!! 

Rants/Raves: I cannot handle my hands going numb while I sleep!! It's driving me crazy!! My carpel tunnel got really bad with my first but I don't remember it starting this early 😥 

Questions: anyone find any good remedies for nighttime congestion? I've been taking benadryl. It helps but don't like taking it so much. I seriously feel like I wake up with a cold every morning! 

On the fence about the covid shot but I'm paying close attention to all of your comments on it!!

GTKY: what's this?? Sorry, still learning the lingo here 😂

• @kariek96 FTM, STM, TTM stands for first time mom, second time mom, third time mom... share if this is your first, second, third (or more!) child!  GTKY is "getting to know you" OP asked a question (in this case about donut preferences) so this is where you answer that so we can all get to know you a bit better. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15w5d EDD October 6th 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lightbulb 💡 

FTM/STM/TTM+: first time ☺️

Upcoming appointments: my next follow up is 5/7, and my 20w anatomy scan is 5/21. So anxious!

How are you feeling?: feeling... not bad! I get spurts of energy, and I think I’m starting to nest a little early because I cannot stop cleaning once I get the itch to 😂 heartburn still sucks, but now just mostly at night. Lower back pain persists too 

Rants/Raves: been feeling little one moving around sometimes- or what I think is moving around. Sometimes it startles me 🤣

Questions:

GTKY: glaze twist, chocolate frosted and definitely French crueler. Nommmmmy!! 

• @chindimples04 I'm sorry, that sucks. Are you having the classic UTI symptoms?

@galentine Yay for low risk and less nausea! We were happy to see we're low risk, too.

@vampirina Wow, nice! We had a fairly productive weekend, but not as physically demanding as yours. We picked up some really good used baby gear off Facebook Marketplace and got our daycare contract signed. Then I cleaned out the closet in what will be the nursery, as I'd been storing random extra bedding in there. Took a bunch of bags of stuff to the Goodwill and found a baby bouncer there for $4. It's missing the piece that goes over the top and dangles toys, but the motor works, and it cleaned up well.

@bcliffee1 Oh nooo! Hope everyone's feeling better. How miserable.

@kariek96 I got my second Pfizer shot last week. First one was fine, second one felt ehh, but my temperature never went above 99 with some prophylactic Tylenol. However, a number of friends in my age group got Moderna, and the second one knocked them on their @$$. Maybe go for it if Pfizer is an option. I'm guessing J&J probably won't be for our cohort.

@fitzfizz Glad to see you again. Feel free to cope however you need to cope!
  • noprobalonoprobalo member
    edited April 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 15+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A mixtape. I got that off an article called "Baby Size by Week According to Millennials, Not Fruit". I'm on the old side for a millennial, but I can't say I recall ever putting together a mixtape. Ripped CDs, definitely. Anyone else?
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Next Monday, can't wait to hear his heartbeat again!
    How are you feeling?: Some part of my pelvis is constantly sore or twingey. Don't know if it's gas, round ligament pain, or both (it's probably both), but it's annoying.
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- Everyone and their brother is complaining at my team and me about their open work items, but we can't move any faster with the people and resources we have. Hmph. 😤 Rave -- Dunno, not expecting anything special this week. Just trying to get through work.
    Questions: For STM+ who got epidurals previously, did you have any negative side effects? Doing my research, I'm now scared of both unmedicated (edit: not "uneducated" 😆) labor and possible epidural side effects. So, that's a fun place to be. /s
    GTKY: Oh man, I hadn't spared a thought for donuts this pregnancy. But now I want one. Specifically the long john, but the chocolate frosted or old fashioned would be ok, too.
  • @noprobalo I'm also an older millennial, and I remember recording songs off of the radio using audiotape as a child, but not really making a mixture. Definitely mixed cds though.  Also my epidural side effects- I ended up needing a csection but the epi didn't fully numb my tummy so they gave me more and it went up I stead of down. I couldn't feel anything below my neck and it felt like I was suffocating. I ended up having to go under general anesthesia which was really traumatic and disturbing for me. My second CS they used a spinal block properly and everything turned out just fine though. I think I had a crappy anesthesiologist and nurses that first go around. I don't think my case is very typical. 
  • @noprobalo my best friend and I made alllll the mixtapes. I’m 32 :) even when we were 16 and 17 we were still making mixtapes because my friends dodge neon and my geo prism only took tapes. Then finally we got one of those adapters where you could hook up a CD player to the car 🤣🤣

@vampirina we definitely recorded songs off the radio onto cassette tapes! I remember just sitting and waiting for the song to come on and rushing to hit record in time 😆
  • @galentine I'm overweight with an overly cautious OB, so he's having me do the glucose test early. With my previous pregnancies my results were in the low 90s - low 100s so I'm not concerned. If anything is wrong, though, it is better to catch it early.

@fitzfizz Welcome back!

@noprobalo Older millenial here. My sister (very young X-er) would make mixed tapes from songs on the radio and even convinced me that if I was in the room, it would pick up my noises and ruin her recordings. I never did that, but made many a CD with files from Napster and Limewire.

As for epidurals, I had an accidental walking epidural, which was awesome. I was able to feel everything just to a lesser extent. It allowed me to still move into different positions (squatting against the bed frame was my favorite) and feel when and how to push. Since I could feel everything, I only pushed for about 45 minutes. My friend was completely numb from her epidural, had to be told when to push, and ended up pushing for over 4 hours. Of course it also meant that I could feel when they stitched me up after I tore. The only issue I had (not a side effect) was that it took them 45 minutes to actually insert the epidural, and I had to be completely still the entire time through contractions, my water breaking, and complete emotional exhaustion. This time I'm going to try for unmedicated, but know that the epidural is available as a backup plan.
  • Crib discussion @galentine
    currently debating what to do about this! Right now DS1 is a little over 2.5 years and still in his crib, DS2 is almost 8 months and in a pack and play in our room. We just got another section of our basement finished to be a dining room and have that mostly done so now we can convert our 3rd bedroom dining room into DS1’s big boy room. Hoping we can do this quickly and start having him in a very low twin bed we got for him. And then move DS2 into the nursery and crib. With this baby and DS2 being 1 year apart I am thinking of getting a mini crib since baby will likely be in our room for a long time or maybe even having both cribs in the nursery eventually. Any recommendations for a mini crib? @vampirina

mixtapes: I am a young millennial and only listened to cassettes when I was super young and had no idea how to make a mixtape then. As teenagers my brother and I would make mixed CDs to play in the car! 

Epidural experience: @noprobalo
    I had cholestasis with my son and had to be induced at 37 weeks. I tried natural as long as I could handle. They started the process 5pm on a Monday and I made it until about noon on Tuesday and decided to get an epidural as I had hardly slept and felt like I was going to pass out from the pain. I’m relieved I did bc I was only like 4cm 🤣 I finally relaxed and by around 3pm I was all the way to 10cm! Pushed for about 1.5 hours and he came! Once I had the epidural the pain was minimal but I could still feel pressure so I didn’t feel completely numb. I did need help holding my legs up but really didn’t have a hard time pushing. I had 3rd degree tears and my stitching took forever so glad I didnt feel that! The spot where they inserted my epidural was SO painful for a couple days. They did have to attempt it twice bc I have scoliosis and was already having intense contractions. I also had heart problems arise after birth which also happened to me previously after a miscarriage/D and E so I can’t help but wonder if the anesthesia triggers that for me. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 15, 14 + 4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peach

Upcoming appointments: Friday OB

How are you feeling?: so much better than I was. Still tired and nauseous but not throwing up much anymore so I’ll take it. Lots of ligament stretching and have to pee all the time 

Rants/Raves: rave is that I’m mostly done puking and am finally feeling like I can enjoy and be more present with my boys again!

Rant is I’ve been having insomnia for the first 1-2 hours I try to go to bed at night even though I’m exhausted. My brain seems to think I need to plan out all major life decisions like when DS should start kindergarten since he’s an august birthday (he’s only 2.5 🙈)

Questions: asked in above paragraph about cribs 

GTKY: I LOVE donuts unlike many of you 🤣 I have a major sweet tooth. Top picks would be Boston cream, apple fritter and jelly donut and I seriously want them all right now 

• @noprobalo Xennial here; I definitely both made mixtapes and recorded songs off the radio! It was a special day when my uncle passed down his record player/radio/tape player--from then on, I could record radio music without having to worry about background noise!
    I had an epidural with my daughter and it was great. I remember reading a lot about different birth experiences, and learning the potential hazards of an epidural really freaked me out (especially epi-induced migraines?!?! I already get migraines; definitely didn't want to deal with one while in labor!). The chance of something going wrong is so small, though, and the beginning of labor was so intense and painful for me that I made the decision to get an epidural in spite of possible negative side effects. 
  • Older millennial here. I still have the giant boom box I used to record mix tapes off the radio. It’s decorated with the psychedelic rainbow stickers I bought from the quarter machines at the k-mart. 
  • @aztecash I will 100% pass out if they take longer than 5 minutes to put the thing in. Just reading about how it's done and what happens if they "wet tap" you makes me lightheaded.
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited April 2021
    @momofmiracles31889 we have a babyletto origami minicrib and its great. I love that it can fold up easily as well. It does come with a thin "matress", but we also got their actual minicrib mattress for a little extra comfort. I think I added it to our registry and got it at target online for 15%+5% off. 
  • @fitzfizz, welcome back! PGAL is so hard and I'm sorry you are struggling with anxieties. I hope you start feeling more confident soon and are able to enjoy some of your pregnancy ❤
  • Thanks for all your epidural-or-not stories. Both options sound horrible! 😅 Guess I'll take the opportunity at my next appointment to ask the midwife exactly what pain relief options I can have at this hospital.

Fun fact I learned: Upwards of 3% of dads faint during epidural insertion.
  • @noprobalo they sent my husband out of the room when they were inserting the epidural. Said it's hospital policy. I guess they don't want to have to deal with another medical event! Apparently the needle they use is huge; I didn't even look cause I didn't want to know!
  • @noprobalo @pizzaplz they also sent my husband out of the room...they told him 45 minutes! The city's other hospital, that we don't use but my friend does, don't have that policy.
  • DH was allowed to stay at my head when I got my epidural which was a good thing because otherwise I would have been making my sarcastic comments and inappropriate jokes to an unsuspecting nurse. They did ask him if he was a fainter multiple times during my hospital stay, though. 
  • @aztecash And what would have happened if he was a fainter? Was this just for particular procedures that they did while you were there? I am a fainter, and it appears my husband is, too.
  • @noprobalo They probably would have made him leave for the epidural. They were more concerned how he would deal with the almost C-section and the delivery. Pretty sure they would have just given him a chair and ignored him if he said he was a fainter during the delivery. 
  • mac-n-cheesemac-n-cheese member
    edited April 2021
    Edited: words
    @chindimples04 I hope your ID appointment went well.
    @galentine yay for being low risk!
    @noprobalo i had an epidural with DD and it went horribly wrong. I admittedly waited to long to get it because I was trying to walk to speed things up and by the time anesthesia came to put it in it was a miracle I could sit still for it. It also only worked on half of my body at first so I went through the most difficult part of labor feeling it all. It finally kicked in a few hours later and crossed to my whole body. I was induced and had been on misto so they then went to check to see how effaced I was before starting Pitocin. Surprise! Her head was coming out and I didn’t feel it. A few minutes later I pushed her out in 17 seconds. The epidural continued to work great however I was unable to urinate. I brought this to the attention of the nurses but they didn’t seem to think it was bladder related. After nearly screaming for a catheter they put one in and got 2400mL out immediately. Even after that horrendous experience I’m getting one again, just sooner in the process. I have no pain tolerance.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14+1 EDD 11/19/21

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a napoleon (dessert).

Upcoming appointments: 5/7 to be evaluated for a PICC line since my HG is getting worse.

How are you feeling?: so dehydrated. My home health agency is talking to my insurance carrier today to see if I can get another at-home IV. I only have gotten up today to use the restroom and am currently trying to talk myself into taking a shower.

Rants/Raves: I’m now able to find her heartbeat on my Doppler. My SO was really touched because the only appt he was allowed at thus far was the NT scan.

I also really want a greasy cheese enchilada and a veggie tostada salad (with one of those giant fried shells) but at this point I feel like I may have to wait another 26 weeks. If I can’t eat I can at least fantasize!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peach 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th babe 

Upcoming appointments: Friday

How are you feeling?: anxious and exhausted

Rants/Raves: so freaking tired but at least I’m able to eat twice a day now. 

Questions:

GTKY: jelly donut 🙏

• @galentine My current plan is not to buy another crib. We kept DD in our room in the pack n play for 6+ months and plan to do the same with this babe. By then, DD will be at least 2.5 and I think we will try to transition her to a big girl bed - we will get a low platform frame for our current guest bed and push it into the corner with a toddler rail. Hopefully she will be ready for it at that point!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/24, 13+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lemon! 🍋

Upcoming appointments: just a regular OB appt at 16 weeks, anatomy scan at 20 weeks

How are you feeling?: good! Tired but overall pretty good.

Rants/Raves: My mom wants to throw some sort of small shower for this baby, which I’m fine with. We don’t really need much stuff, but it’s a reason to celebrate and get some family together. I originally was thinking of including all of MH’s family like we did for my shower with DD, but then decided that due to Covid and just wanting to keep things drama-free we should just keep it to my family and friends. Probably just my mom, sister, a few of my aunts, and a few of my friends.

Questions: 

GTKY: #3 chocolate frosted, #8 jelly, #25 donut holes. But I also prefer bagels to donuts most of the time!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 12 / 15w + 1d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Honestly I dont know. I have 3 different apps and every fruit each uses is a different size so let's go with the size of an avocado bc I love those.

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM!

Upcoming appointments: Prenatal + bloodwork with my midwife tomorrow! Had one with them last week to hear the heartbeat for the first time!

How are you feeling?: Anxious and exhausted. I am struggling quite a bit with my choice to go through a midwife/birthing center for my care! My mom & MIL both had hospital births (4 for my mom, 2 for MIL) and just expect that I will do the same. It's very tough feeling like I have to be the spokesperson for midwifery lol but it is the best avenue for me so hopefully they'll all shut up and trust me.

Rants/Raves: See above about everyone trying to tell me I "have" to see an OB for my prenatal, labor & delivery. Also- why is making a registry SO HARD? I just want everyone to get me diapers or money and I will do the rest! 

Questions: Nada!

GTKY: 3, 6 & 10. I don't fuck around with anything filled - too messy and not cute. 

• @kateshepherd828 seeing midwifes I feel is kind of foreign territory to our parents, I don’t think they were as popular then maybe?? I too am seeing midwifes (I love them), and will birth my daughter at a beautiful, comfortable looking birth center, with the hospital right next door if I need any additional care. You do what feels right to you! For gods sake the baby is coming from YOUR body after all!