October 2021 Moms

April Symptoms

Re: April Symptoms

• @k_rn21 the thought of glucola really makes me 🤢🤢 hopefully things are better by 28 weeks. 
  • This week is the first one where I have to pee. Badly. All the time. I go pee, and then I have to pee again immediately.
  • Loading the player...
  • Second asymptomatic UTI in a month. 👌🏼 They treated me with a shot of antibiotics and a weeks worth of antibiotics last time. The shot was supposed to prevent future UTIs. That obviously didn’t work. Now they are consulting with OB again because last pregnancy, I landed in the hospital to treat a UTI because of the type of bacteria it was. I just want a boring pregnancy...
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• My HG is out of control. My doctor authorized another month of being off work. I’ve been on disability since the end of January when I found out I was pregnant at around 3.5 weeks.
    If things don’t improve by May 7th I’ll be getting a PICC line for partial parenteral nutrition, fluids and trials of different meds for the nausea/vomiting. Right now I just have a Zofran pump, take Diclegis orally, and am not able to maintain adequate hydration or nutrition. My BMI is down to 17.07, I’m suffering from dizziness, headaches and weakness frequently from the lack of fluid, I can’t drive, I have to lie down for the majority of each day, and some days can’t make it through a shower still.
    However I’m incredibly thankful to have a healthy baby. She is doing well by all accounts—HR was strong and regular at 144bmp today. She’s really active on US and my amniotic fluid levels are good. I just hope she keeps taking what she needs. It’s much better to be pregnant and to feel like death than to be going through another loss.
  • @mac-n-cheese I’m so sorry to hear that and that you’re not feeling well. I can’t imagine how much that must suck. But I am super glad to hear baby girl is thriving! You are one tough momma for going through all this and still have a positive attitude. Thoughts and prayers that you get better soon! 
  • @mac-n-cheese I am so so sorry your HG is getting even worse. Prayers for endurance for you and that the doctors can figure out the right medicine combo to give you some relief! I’m sorry you are mostly couch bound that is so hard and frustrating but I’m glad you’re able to rest. You’re a strong mama and it’s wonderful you’re keeping a thankful attitude despite the sickness! Also so glad to hear your baby girl is thriving! 
  • @mac-n-cheese Wow, what misery. I'm sorry. May 7 send like a long time to wait. But glad baby is well.
  • @mac-n-cheese I’m so sorry you are struggling so hard. I hope you get a solution soon! 
    TTC History

• @mac-n-cheese, I'm so so sorry you are you are dealing with this awful HG. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping your HG eases soon. ❤
  • mac-n-cheesemac-n-cheese member
    edited April 2021
    @k_rn21 @momofmiracles31889 and @noprobalo thank you for the kind words and well wishes. Only 26 weeks to go 🥲
    edited: I thought it was 28 whoops.

• @mac-n-cheese I can’t imagine how difficult that must be, I’m so sorry you have to endure all of this!! Glad baby is healthy and really, really hoping you start to get better!
  • @kitandcat thank you. I’m praying things just quiet down randomly too. I had HG with my DD and was so sick the whole time, so I’m prepared if it doesn’t get better!
  • @chindimples04 I could’ve swore I felt that today too but I’m only 12 weeks so I was like 🤔🤔🤔but it sure felt like baby flutters. 
  • I'm feeling... something. Like tiny pokes to my cervix or bladder. But I don't know enough to tell baby movement from weird gas or uterine stretching. 😕
  • @mac-n-cheese I’m so sorry HG is rearing it’s ugly face and not simmering down. Is there anything you can do that can help keep your spirits up? Do you do any crafting or journaling?
  • @k_rn21 I’m only 12+5, felt them around Thursday at 12+1. 100% certain it’s him. It’s not entirely crazy! @noprobalo he pushed off my cervix last night. I was moving literally all day the last two days and yesterday when I finally took a second to lay down, I could feel him moving around and jab my cervix! Gas to me feels different, I think!
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 That's really cool! Hopefully whatever I've got will eventually become obvious that it was him all along. Otherwise I'll just patiently wait to feel him clearly.
  • @mac-n-cheese so sorry you're going through this :(
  • Is anyone still super exhausted? I am going to be 13 weeks on Friday and now I’ve been getting headaches and dizzy spells. I had headaches all day yesterday and have to take Tylenol twice. I was hoping to start feeling better by now... but I don’t. On the plus side I am closer to being able to start my Zoloft. 
  • @k_rn21 exhausted, yes. 13 weeks tomorrow. The dizziness and weakness is starting already. Upping protein helps with that!
    TTC History

• I had an US at 13 weeks and the tech was surprised I hadn’t felt movement yet. 

I currently can not even look at a brassica or leafy green without gagging. I usually LOVE these veggies and our CSA box has been full of kale and collards and cabbages the last few weeks that my H has had to process to freeze. 
  • @bcliffee1 thank you for the kind words. I am an artistic person—I like to draw, paint, and make jewelry. I haven’t been doing any of those things while pregnant but I need to do something to keep my sanity! 
    @gingermama46 thank you for the sympathy! 
  • Has anyone taken Unisom or B6 to help with nausea? Today I am so sick to my stomach and desperate for relief. My DH just ran to the store for these and wondering if anyone has used them? @mac-n-cheese I’ve been thinking of you bc I’m being a baby over intermittent nausea and you’re struggling with HG. You are a champ. Can’t imagine how tough it is. Hope you’re feeling better!
  • @k_rn21 the B6 + Unisom was really helpful for me. I tried taking just the B6 which wasn’t helpful, then adding the Unisom in at bedtime made a huge difference and it really helped my nausea and vomiting. You just have to really be consistent with making sure you’re on top of taking it. I have Alexa reminders  set 🤣  Make sure it’s the Unisom tablets and not the gel capsules. Also, I think for me it took a day or two before I really felt significantly better. I also had to adjust to just 1/2 tablet of Unisom because a full tablet knocked me out and even after sleeping 12 hours I’d still feel like I’d been run over by a truck. 

Oddly, the B6 + Unisom did not help with either of my other pregnancies 😆 fingers crossed it helps you! 
  • @k_rn21 my nausea mostly appears in the evening so I’ve been taking b6 at lunchtime. It helps when I am consistent with it. 

I haven’t added the Unisom because Benadryl knocks me out so hard and I was already so tired throughout first tri I didn’t want to push it. 
  • @kitandcat thank you! I need to get different doses. DH got me 200 of b 6 which from what I read is way too much but I did take it this morning and I took a unisom last night but it’s the gel caps 🤦🏼‍♀️So I’m gonna make a trip to the store. 

@purplegoldpirate yeah I feel like I slept ok last night but as soon as my feet hit the floor this morning the nausea was back. As mentioned above I need to get the correct doses so hopefully tonight if I take both it will help. I also started my Zoloft and I’m wondering if that’s made it worse. I only took one and tonight I’m going to wait and take it at bedtime and pray it doesn’t keep me up. 
  • Woke up with lower abdominal cramps today. Anyone else with similar symptoms? Not sure if it's my fibroids acting up or just part of normal uterine stretching/round ligament pain...
  • @tari_sara I've been getting round ligament pains. I'm to the point where I'm scared to sneeze. This morning I woke up to shooting pains all around my belly that freaked me out but turned out to be nasty gas. I can't speak to fibriods, but I've definitely had stretching, shifting, round ligament pain, and a bit of cramping. I have no advice to offer, but you are not alone.
  • After my appointment with ID on Tuesday, they wanted me to go in for a renal ultrasound to check for fluid around the kidneys (this was causing my infections in my first pregnancy and led to a hospitalization with how severe the swelling was). It’s normal to have mild hydronephrosis starting mid-pregnancy, but nothing that actually causes issues. Well, at 13 weeks, I already have moderate hydronephrosis (grade 3 to be exact) which is what my grading was at 23 weeks with my first. Basically, it’s not great. If it gets worse, which it likely will, I may need surgery to drain the fluid so my kidneys will actually perform their job. Basically, my body hates being pregnant.
    TTC History

• @chindimples04 so sorry you are having to deal with this! Prayers that the condition will stay manageable and baby will keep growing healthy 

also @tari_sara I have so many crampy stretchy feelings when I’m pregnant especially around this time. I was just double checking with my husband that he remembers me having this much last year with DS bc it can feel so intense at times. I basically get lots of lightning crotch, plus ligament pains that shoot up my front sides when I sneeze or cough or move wrong. And I also get horrible gas cramps that would be concerning except I know they’re ok bc they always result in pooping or farting 🙈 also if I’m on my feet a ton my pelvic floor just sometimes feels like it’s gonna fail me and baby will fall out but thankfully I know that’s not true 
  • So I thought the second trimester was supposed to be all unicorns and rainbows but I'm still EXHAUSTED. I am up at 5am, in bed by 9pm, I workout 5 days a week, I work full time and have a 2 year old. I'm 15 weeks today. I literally have to go to my car to nap during lunch lol. Weekends I nap when the baby does (thanks hubby!) I feel like pregnancy is definitely a young woman's game lol. I don't remember it being this physically exhausting with my daughter. I turned 40 in January. Anyone else still super tired or is it just me?!? Would love to hear when you hit your second trimester sweet spot!! 
  • edited April 2021
    @kariek96 I’m still exhausted too! I’m 15 weeks today as well. I’m a SAHM to 2.5 year old and 8 month old boys and I rarely get to nap during the day. I’m in bed by 1030 and then most days sleep until 830 (my DH WFH at the moment and my mom comes over to help often thankfully). I have really bad N and V when I’m pregnant for the first half so have been on max dose bonjesta which I know adds to the fatigue. But I also think it’s more tiring being pregnant with little ones to care for so that may be adding to why you’re extra tired- 2 year olds are so busy 🤣 I can’t speak on the age aspect bc I’m 28. But I have heard from other women they feel pregnancy gets harder as you get older. Not something I plan to find out since mine seem to be challenging enough in my 20s 🙈oh and with my 8 month old I believe my sweet spot came right around 20 weeks! And this pregnancy has been very similar. So getting closer haha! 
  • @kariek96 Your schedule sounds pretty tiring without being pregnant, frankly. I get about 30 minutes more sleep per day than that, I don't have a toddler, and that still tired me out before I was pregnant. I'm 34.
  • I’m 31 and this pregnancy is kicking my butt compared to when I was in my 20s. This will only be my second child but I am honestly considering a tubal while in the hospital. I think this momma is tapping out after this round. ✌🏼Exhaustion, nausea, mood swings. 
  • @kariek96 In previous pregnancies it was a very gradual transition and I didn't start feeling full energy until 18-20 weeks.... Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon! And honestly you're lifestyle seems pretty active, which can be extra tiring when you're pregnant. Get some rest if you can and if you feel you need it!
  • @kariek96 yep, I'm still exhausted too! 41, 22-month old, work out every day, but not working full time. My husband and I don't really get time together anymore because I usually head to bed as soon as I get my daughter down. Kinda sucks.  When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was amazed and horrified at anyone who had older kids and was pregnant--like how did they do it?! I still don't know how they do it, lol.

• I am 17 weeks tomorrow and still really tired. I go to bed around 10, but never get a good sleep cause I’m tossing and turning and having to pee 4x a night. I feel better without much nausea during the day. It starts around dinner and takes me out for the rest of the evening. I’m 36 and this is so much harder than my pregnancy at 20 and 30. 

I am def done after this pregnancy. I already called my insurance to verify benefits of getting my tubes tied. Although I will say for the younger moms that feel they are done after this pregnancy.... wait a little bit. We were one and done parents for 10 years. I was begging my husband to get fixed! Luckily he never did it and at 30 I really wanted another child so we had one. She was so tough with sleeping and eating the first two years we were absolutely done, we just didn’t get around to making it official. Then here we are 6 years later wanting another baby. You forget about all the hard times and just remember all the joys little ones bring and you’re willing to do it again. It’s worth it!!! But with my age creeping up there, I will for certain be done. I am obviously not one to handle having two littles or else my children would have been closer in age. I cannot imagine have little kids close in age and also being pregnant. Kuddos to all of you doing it!!!! Seriously!!! 
  • I swear, every time I think to myself "I'm feeling pretty good," or someone asks me how I am feeling and I say ok or great, I soon get a huge wave of nausea and have to run to the bathroom. Baby boy likes to play jokes  :D
  • noprobalonoprobalo member
    edited April 2021
    Had a little bit of bloody discharge this morning. 😕 Heading into the doctor's office this afternoon to make sure it's not the beginning of an infection.

Update: It's a yeast infection. So fortunately it was both not a major problem and not a waste of time to go to the doctor.