1st Trimester

8 weeks and brown discharge

lola6378lola6378 member
edited April 2021 in 1st Trimester
I am currently 8 weeks a 2 days and started to have a light brown discharge 3 days ago. I called my OB office and they said it sounds normal and to just take it easy. Wasn't very reassuring.  How many others have experienced this? 

Re: 8 weeks and brown discharge

• If you search the threads here, you'll see a ton of people talking about spotting during PG, especially early in PG.  Some spotting can be completely normal, especially if it's not heavy bleeding and not accompanied by heavy cramping.  The reality is that many of these people have spotting and no complications in their PGs.  I, on the other hand, always had spotting, and ended up having 5 MCs with no living children.  Others have had the same.  You need to try to stay calm and trust your doctor.  If you don't trust your doctor, you need to find a new one.  But the truth is, spotting can be completely normal.  If the spotting for whatever reason is an indication of a MC, there is NOTHING you can do about it.  It will happen regardless of what you do.  So, you may as well be thankful for every day you are PG, to be as healthy as you can be, trust your doctor and their advice (or find a new doctor you DO trust), and love that baby every day you have it.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• lola6378 said:
    I am currently 8 weeks a 2 days and started to have a light brown discharge 3 days ago. I called my OB office and they said it sounds normal and to just take it easy. Wasn't very reassuring.  How many others have experienced this? 
    I’m not sure I understand. How is “it sounds normal and take it easy” sad by your providers not reassuring? What would you consider reassuring?