October 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 4.12

Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 4.12

• Loading the player...
  • @aztecash Lol! Sounds perfectly logical 😄
  • Random rant: I hate how long and exhausting the pregnancy and postpartum process is. I feel like poop right now, and I'm just exhausted of feeling so exhausted and crappy all the time and I know that it really won't get significantly better for me until the baby is about 1 years old. And then from there it will be (relatively) smooth sailing. But man. Thats like 1.5 years away. And it seems like an impossibly long trek to get there. 
  • I also really enjoy hearing about how siblings conceptualize new babies, so cute.

DS knows that the baby is in my belly and if I ask him to kiss the baby he will lift up my shirt and now pull done maternity bottoms for a kiss. But that's about it. He's very into repeating words right now, so lately it's been his family so he'll say "mama, poppa, buh (what he calls our dog), baby." Which is super cute.

STM+ who BF once their older kids have weaned is it normal for after pregnancy to show more interest in boobs again? DS has no interest in nursing again, but since I've been pregnant he's been sticking his hand down my shirt, which isn't even something he did when BFing.
  • @gingermama46 I cannot answer about a newly found interest in boobs, but both of my boys have pretty much always thought a hand belongs down my shirt... and only my shirt! DS#2, that will be 2 in June now says booby, while doing so.
  • Alright. I feel stupid. But I’ve been using carmex on my lips all day every day out of habit and just today thought I should probably look it up. I didn’t even know it has salicylic acid in it! I read topical is ok and if it’s less than 2 percent but of course now I’m just absolutely paranoid. I sent my midwife a msg. Sigh 
  • Reply to my own! Carmex is fine I guess. I was just worried about that acid. I’ll probably switch to an EOS. 
  • @madiirosee Good to know! I'm surprised a lip balm has salicylic acid as an ingredient, period. Wouldn't that make your lips more dry?
  • @noprobalo that’s what I thought!!! No wonder I kept reaching for it! I feel duped 😦😂
  • @madiirosee I’ve always heard that carmex dries your lips out further, keeping you ‘addicted’ to it! 
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited April 2021
    Salicylic acid is a great  chemical exfoliant so its probably in there to help remove dead skin cells and encourage cell turnover. It can be drying though but thats probablh NBD if the rest if the ingredients put back moisture.  

But I don't really like Carmex bc it never seems to help my lips ha. 
  • edited April 2021
    @chindimples04 *lurking* that looks great!  What colors did you use? ETA a good grey can be so hard to find....
  • @BusinessWife the blue wall is a navy blue (Nautica Navy to be exact). The grey walls are a dutch boy gray (can’t remember the exact name but it was on the same color strip as true black). I’m really happy with the grey! They are definitely not easy to pick!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 we went for the same nursery colors for my DS room, I love having the navy accent wall
  • @chindimples04 is that Pittsburgh Paints?
    https://pittsburghpaintsandstains.com/nautica-paint/perfect-colors
  • @BusinessWife yes, actually it is! The gray is “Moon Beam” by Dutch Boy.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers