Infertility

May/June 2021 FET Do I have any buddies?

Re: May/June 2021 FET Do I have any buddies?

• skyee87skyee87 member
    edited April 2021
    @danij823 not yet :( At this point I'm pretty pessimistic about the whole thing. Hopefully they didn't forget about me, lol.

OMG that is a lot of medication! Unfortunately I don't have any experience with it to tell you if it's pretty standard, but hang in there and soon it will be over and you'll have a baby in your tummy. <3
  • @skyee87 ugh so much waiting!  I'm hoping you have good news coming your way shortly! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @danij823 just got the call!

Our two fertilized eggs made it to day 6! They were biopsied and sent to PGT-A testing, so FX, but so so happy and grateful right now. <3 I'll allow myself to be very very happy today and worry about what comes next in the following weeks, but YAY! 
  • @skyee87 YES!!!  That's great news!  So excited for you!  
  • @danij823 sounds like my FET protocol except i didn't need the trigger shot last time so assuming i won't need it again.  i'm just started my second week of BCP.  I also endometrin inserts.  
  • @blackhottamales Ok awesome!  Thank you, every time I see a protocol/med list, I freak out a little.  You'd think I'd be getting used to it.. lol.  
  • edited April 2021
    @skyee87 Congratulations!!! 🎉🎉 Today is a victory worth celebrating!

@danij823 I think my medicated protocol was similar, just minus the lupron?  That was the main difference anyway; everything else sounds more or less like what I remember. 🤷 It feels like a lot though (((hugs)))
  • @BusinessWife Ok cool, I don't know why I was so surprised honestly , all of my protocols so far have been lots of meds.  I knew it would take at least 6 weeks also so I should have assumed the birth control would start it off. 
    Still got a lil nauseous when I saw it.  I really admire all the women that do this more than once.  I don't think I have it in me.
  • How is everybody doin? 
  • We still have so many treats in the house from Easter!!!! Lol @danij823 I have groceries coming Sunday and a mealplan ready for my keto to start Monday. 😬 Wish me luck!!!  I'm excited though.  I need to lose the pregnancy weight anyway, and if it might help our chances with transfer, I'll give it a shot!
  • @danij823 It seems like so much, but now that I look back on it, I barely remember everything.  I'm actually nervous to start shots again because I completely forgot how to do them.  Thank goodness for video instructions.  

@BusinessWife wow good for you.  I'm sure i can't go Keto.  I just love carbs so much.  And oatmeal is my breakfast almost every morning--i'm not sure how would adjust without it.  Since MH is allergic to eggs we don't eat them too much around the house.  

AFM: Got my calendar!! so excited.  tentative date is 5/13 which will be here before i know it.  

• @BusinessWife Nice!  Keto is rough at first, but after about two weeks it gets easier!  I've lost 9 pounds since starting back up after my Jamaica trip a few weeks ago.  

@blackhottamales Thank you,  I feel better knowing it's a very common protocol.  I made my DH do my butt shot for stims, I'll probably make him do the PIO too lol.  Congrats on getting your calendar!  So excited for you!!

AFM: I just got off a call with my Dr.  No new info really. She is going with the medicated FET Protocol which is 6 weeks and we will start that beginning of May (if my body cooperates and my period starts on time). She said I could do the ERA cycle if I want but it will take 3 months and comes back normal for most patients.  I opted out because I'm the most impatient human on Earth.  I was surprised when she said she would transfer two if I want, but we only have two embryos so I would be devastated if we put them both in at once and it failed. I think I'd rather have 2 chances.  So ya, it's just hurry up and wait over here. My transfer will be somewhere around Father's Day. My transfer nurse should be contacting me in the next couple weeks to get things rolling.  I'll probably start feeling more excited once I get that Calendar in my hands! 

• Hey all - sorry I stink at these forums lately. I can’t keep up - but thought to come on quick. My CD1 today so next cycle is my transfer cycle. I’ve got a pretty simple protocol - Estrace (2 in am, 2 in pm) then add endometrium I think day 11 and keep taking both. That’s it! I’ve been on a strict anti inflammatory diet vs Lupron. I hate those side affects (I was on it for 3m before) are for me it’s more to calm my endo. I’ve been able to control it well with diet. I used to pass out in pain and now I think I have a “normal” period, just a bit heavier with bleeding. 

Sounds like most of you are moving in a positive direction!! May is going to be here before we know it 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @JWatt5 Yay for moving forward!  I'm so jealous of your protocol, besides the Lupron, yuck!  Happy for you and excited to hear more! 
  • Ladies, have any of you gotten the COVID vaccine?  I am scheduled to get it 4/19 with second dose 5/10.  My Dr. said as long as it's not right before transfer or in my two week wait, I should get it. She said it would be worse to get COVID while pregnant.   I'm so afraid of it messing something up though!  My second dose would be a whole month before transfer but technically still in my transfer cycle..hmm.  
  • @danij823 I got my first shot on Monday and my second will be later this month.  
  • skyee87skyee87 member
    edited April 2021
    @danij823 got both my shots before starting stims and so far so good. I asked the clinic and they encouraged me to get it and only noted that I should not get the shot within 4 days of a procedure. They say you are fully protected within 2 weeks of your second shot, so you should be in the clear but definitely hear you about doing anything that could change the status quo at this point - I'd be anxious about the decision too! 
  • @skyee87 & @blackhottamales ok thank you!  I'm gonna do it.  My husband is scared to death of me getting COVID while pregnant, I'm not even pregnant yet!  I think he's going to be very protective..
  • Update time! We received our PGT-A results a week early. 

Out of the 2 blasts, one was normal and one was mosaic. We are very happy about our little one that is normal! <3 We also found out that we have enough TESE sperm for a few other cycles (which exceeded our expectations) so I'm leaning toward taking this month off and starting a new stimming cycle in May to see if we can get some more before implantation. This plan probably kicks me out of the May/June FET timeline but if y'all don't mind, I'll still hang out here. :D

• danij823danij823 member
    edited April 2021
    @skyee87 Woo hoo! So happy that you got good news!  It sounds like you have a great plan and I'm so excited for you!  Can't wait to hear about the next round, and I'm glad you're giving yourself a lil break in between! 

• @danij823 thank you! <3 We think it's the right plan too given my age and trying to maximize what we can get now (since time will not be kind, lol). How are you doing?! Your covid shot is happening soon right?!
  • Congratulations! @skyee87 We did two cycles back to back with our mesa samples and no PGS, prior to shifting gears into transfer.  If you are hoping for more than one child, then it's probably a good way to go, imho.
  • @BusinessWife thank you! <3 We've been of the mindset that if we get our miracle baby, we'll be over the moon, but now that it's an option, that was definitely a factor in doing a few more cycles! Don't want to close the door to it if we ever want more than one. FX that cycle 2 works just as good or better than cycle 1!  :)
  • danij823danij823 member
    edited April 2021
    @skyee87 Yep, 1st shot is Monday.  Everyone in my office is giving me crap for it.. Oh well, I've made my decision and I feel good about it.  

I'm bored! Lol just chuggin along on this long month of hormones.  We are going to Florida at the end of the month for a last vacation (hopefully) before I get knocked up.  So that helps! It's snowy and cold here this week so I'm definitely looking forward to the beach!  I am at 2 months to transfer, give or take a few days.  That feels far away, but when I think I may actually be pregnant in 2 months it seems super soon lol. 

@BusinessWife how are you doin on keto?  I forget, have you gotten a transfer date yet? 

• @danij823 hey!!!  No, not yet.  Most likely last week of April.  I go in for my first lining check Monday!!! 🤞 Keto is mostly going well!  Daytime at least, but DH brought some yummy Polish food home the other night for a <i>few</i> nights of dinners 🤦🤦🤦 I appreciate the yumminess, THE BORSCHT lol and not having to cook but... I mentioned again to him about possibly ordering keto dinners for us BOTH and he seemed possibly more open to the idea.... ;)
  • @danij823 100% support your decision - ignore the co-workers! You know what's best for you. Also, so exciting about Florida - definitely enjoy the break and spoil yourself! <3  
  • @dukie001!!!!!! I came here looking for you!!! Missed you in the last thread and so hope that you’re doing well. Happy to see that there are next steps and hope you are feeling well and strong ❤️❤️❤️
  • @thezaltyberger I am so happy that you had a great transfer cycle! Yay! 
  • Thank you so much @danij823 ❤️❤️❤️ Still have a long way to go with many opportunities for failure but that first ever BFP was certainly something. How are you doing? Where are you at these days? 
  • I had my initial appointment with my RE last week and started provera (last pill was yesterday). 
    Thankfully my RE clinic isnt limiting patients/ transfers etc due to covid. I was worried about this as ive heard that some clinics are limiting the number of patients they are dealing with at a time.
    my RE said he would like to do the hysteroscopy on the same cycle as the potential FET and if they need to make it an operative hysteroscopy, then push the FET back a month. So we are tentatively planning a May transfer (most likely around the 15th). 
    Both of my FETs that resulted in take home babies were done on the 7th so now im getting kinda superstitious and debating on whether i should push the FET to june so we could potentially do a transfer on the 7th 🤣
  • @thezaltyberger My IVF cycle was successful and gave us two Girl Embryos and we are gearing up to start birth control to start my transfer cycle beginning of May.  Shooting for a mid June Transfer :) 
    I hope for the absolute best for you, I'm happy for you lady! 
  • How EXCITING @danij823!!! Great results!!! Wishing you the best for the transfer my friend!!!
  • Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I'm currently gearing up for my FET on 5/11!

Me and my hubby are 34, I had uterine fibroids which were removed last year via myomectomy.
    During Lap, my RE found some mild endometriosis (grade I), not enough to explain our infertility!
    We've been TTC since 2019 and I've never seen two lines in my life. 
    I started IVF cycle in Februrary, 41 follicles but only 16 mature eggs, 12 fertilized, 6 blasts, and 4/6 passed PGS.
    I underwent hysteroscopy about 3 weeks ago and had small polyp removed, and I just got the OK to start estradiol pills this menstrual cycle. 

This will be our first FET, so I'm super anxious and nervous. I'm also confused why my RE never started me on BCP despite this being a fully medicated cycle. I'm also on Estradiol 4mg twice a day along w/ estrogen patches until my US/blood work next week. Seems like a LOT more estrace compared to others.

I really wish this May/June cycle will be full of news of positive betas!! 
  • 1.5 weeks away from AF according to my FF. Eeek. It’s coming up so fast!!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• skyee87skyee87 member
    @Knottie496834bd004f8ed0 welcome! So excited for your first FET! 

Now that we are officially in May, how is everyone doing? <3
  • Hey everyone!  Hope you're all doin great!  I'm just over here waiting impatiently for my period.. never there when I want it lol.  As soon as this cycle starts, I'll get on my birth control for my transfer though so that's exciting! 
    How is everyone else doing? 
  • Hi everyone!
    I just had my lining check yesterday and it was good at 11.3. Starting progesterone shots and prednisone tomorrow for FET 5/11..I can't believe it's really happening!!
  • @Knottie496834bd004f8ed0 Yay!  Good Luck darlin!  I can't wait to be that close! 
  • @danji823 Are you doing natural or medicated FET? For some reason, my RE never put me on BC pills but started me on Estradiol pills and patches on CD3. How long will you be on BC for?
  • @Knottie496834bd004f8ed0 It's fully medicated, which I'm sad about!  I wish I could skip the BC!
    I will be on BC for 3 weeks with one week overlap of Lupron injections.  Then I will start Estradiol for 16 days, then add in Progesterone injections 6 days before transfer, and a couple other meds...  I was so hoping to just do the estrogen and progesterone but my Dr. said we should try it her way first.