Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check-In 4/5/2021

Figured I might as well start this because it's not like I can SLEEP with my mind so busy! Please let me know if you need to be added or if I screw anything up!
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Any summer plans you are looking forward to?

@madasm0530 EDD 4/3/2021
@FuzzyDust EDD 5/30/21
@halfanewt EDD 6/4/2021
@lizalovespasha EDD 6/10/2021
@laurad75 EDD 6/26/2021 (girl)
@late_bloomer EDD 6/27/2021 (boy)
@kam174 EDD 8/30/2021
@mbradfo2 EDD 12/5/2021 (girl)

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
Fall 2012 -- started TTC
Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

Re: All Trimester Check-In 4/5/2021

• Congratulations @mbradfo2! And welcome! ☺️ 

How far along/EDD? 19 weeks this week. Due 8/30/21. 

How are you feeling this week? Feel good! I’m one of those lucky ladies that never had morning sickness 🙌🏻 The heartburn struggle is real though. I’ve been taking Pepcid Complete (dr. Recommended instead of Tums) and drinking milk / yogurt smoothies like it’s my job. Also having major food aversions (no chicken or any type of fast food 🥴) and cravings - gimme alll the sweets ... And I’m normally so not a sweets person! Very strange. 

Rants/Raves? Questions? Impatiently waiting some movement here! Lol I know most people say they didn’t feel moves till after 20 weeks, but I was hoping to feel *something* by now. Anyone feeling anything yet? Or anyone pregnant previously that remembers what week they started to feel baby? 

Upcoming appointments? 20 week anatomy scan on Monday! Cant wait to see baby, it’s been a longgg time. 

GTKY: Any summer plans you are looking forward to? Just looking forward to being sweaty, swollen and sober 😆  Honestly I’m missing live music / concerts the most during this whole pandemic, so hoping some venues open back up so I can take baby to it’s first in the womb concert 🎧
  • Loading the player...
  • @kam174
    Yeah, my doctor also said not to go overboard on the Tums if I could avoid it. I mostly just suffered...really, the worst of it was in the 3rd tri when baby was squishing my stomach! I could not eat -anything- and still get wicked heartburn that kept me up most of the night. I hope I didn't scare you haha <,<

As for movements, the only reason I realized that I was starting to feel movements around 20-21 weeks with my daughter was because I used the home doppler and she kicked at it -- and I felt that! It shocked me completely!! I had an anterior placenta so things were more muffled. By the time I was 24 weeks, I was feeling pretty regular movements. If you have a home doppler, you can try getting the baby to kick at it! 

I've always wondered if cravings affect the baby's tastebuds! I was obsessed with pho in my pregnancy and the only food my daughter will always eat reliably that isn't fries, burgers or hambrugers is....you guessed it, SOUP. She LOVES soup. She is in the phase where she rejects pretty much everything I make for dinner unless it's spaghetti o's, mac n'cheese or burgers...but I made a nice soup last week and she gobbled it up and then asked for more! So maybe your baby will have a sweet tooth!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Thanks for starting this thread and congratulations, @mbradfo2!  

• How far along/EDD? 28w2d/June 21(scheduled c-section)
    • How are you feeling this week? I feel good and I'm so happy to finally be in the 3rd trimester!  Starting to get a little more sleepy in the middle of the day and sometimes need a 20 minute nap during my lunch hour  :)
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant: Why is it so hard to find decent maternity bras and underwear?  I've tried several brands and I've only found one decent bra (Bravado full coverage) and still haven't found decent underwear.  Any suggestions?   Rave: I love how much Baby Boy is moving lately!  He seems to be having a dance party in my uterus several times a day.  It's such a fun experience!  <3
    • Upcoming appointments? I'm now on an every 2 week schedule.  My next appointment is April 15th.  The biggest issue the doctor is watching now is my blood pressure.  I'm really hoping I don't get preeclampsia.  I would love for this little guy to make it to full term.
    • GTKY: Any summer plans you are looking forward to? I finally get to see someone other than my husband!  My Mom is coming to help with the Baby for a couple months.  She'll be here in early June (she's fully vaccinated and we're making her quarantine after traveling here).  I haven't seen her in person for almost 1.5 years, so I'm super excited.  Also, I get to meet this Little Guy no later than June 21st! We're racing to get our massive home renovations done before Baby comes, so there is a lot of work leading up to June 21st too  :# 
    @kam174 - I started feeling some twitches just before week 20.  It definitely got stronger after week 22.  I'm sure it's coming soon for you :)

• @late_bloomer
    I had blood pressure issues in the 3rd tri as well and did eventually develop pre-eclampsia -- but I was able to keep baby in until 35 weeks and a few days so hopefully you'll go even longer! My OB said he's comfortable with BP starting to trend up a bit in the 3rd tri, but if it gets over 160/100, he wanted a full eval. MFM said if my labs were fine he would schedule induction for 37 weeks (term) -- but my labs were not fine and suggested the beginnings of severe pre-e. So baby came early! I was early as well (4-5 weeks) so I was more comfortable with a preemie than some, probably.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Hey all! I didn't realize this board existed until recently, so this is my first post here.

@mbradfo2 Congratulations! Summer resort sounds so nice to me.

@k@kam174 Oh hey! Nice to see you again here. I'm the opposite from you. I haven't really had cravings but can't stand sweets, and I normally have a huge sweet tooth! 

@la@late_bloomer I'm pretty early on in my pregnancy, but so far the underwear and bras I got from Motherhood Maternity are serving me well.
    • How far along/EDD? 17w6d today, due September 8
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling pretty good these days. I had very little nausea through the first trimester, but was super tired, and that seems to be past now (still tired, but functional). I think I've felt some small movements, but it's hard to tell at this point.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? None at the moment
    • Upcoming appointments? My anatomy scan is April 20, looking forward to it!
    • GTKY: Any summer plans you are looking forward to? Our summer is still a big question mark. My province has been so slow with vaccinations and our numbers have gone way up in the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping at least I'll be able to spend time in my mom's backyard by her pool, but trying not to make too many plans so we don't have to cancel.
    • How far along/EDD? 31+5, 6/4
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired, but it’s mostly from work stress. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave - next week is spring break and I plan to decorate the little nursery corner we’re making for this one. DS will still have childcare, so I amy even have some time to myself. Crazy! 
    • Upcoming appointments? Midwife appointment next week. Start every 2 weeks after that! 
    • GTKY: Any summer plans you are looking forward to? So far, just baby snuggles. We may try to do a week away in July for our anniversary, but we’ll wait to see what cases are looking like and when we can get vaccinated. 
    @mbradfo2 congrats, and thanks for starting this back up! Summer travel sounds lovely, too! 

@kam174 I know it’s weird, but try Ovaltine for the heartburn. Milk does okay for me, but Ovaltine kicks it every time. Did with DS, too. 

@late_bloomer the gap maternity/nursing bra has been a winner for me lately. And under the bump undies from amazon. 

@sawasap yay for anatomy scan! 
  • @mbradfo2 - thanks for the information.  I was wondering what the numbers would need to get to before they would actually become concerned.  I've been teetering near the 130/90 mark and they haven't done anything yet.

@sawasap - welcome and congratulations!  Also, thanks for the tip on Motherhood Maternity.  I'll check them out.

@halfanewt - thanks for the tips.  I haven't tried the Gap.  It never occurred to me even though I knew they have maternity clothes.  Enjoy your Spring Break!

• @late_bloomer
    Have you checked out Kindred Bravely? I loved their maternity underwear/bras. I got some 'under-the-bump' undies and a couple of their lounge bras. You might be able to find prices a couple dollars cheaper on Amazon but I've heard that sometimes you get knock offs or poor quality items, so I generally prefer to buy directly from them. They sell clothes too, but I really only used their undies/bras. If you sign up for their txt messages, you also get a coupon for 10 dollars off. 

https://www.kindredbravely.com/products/under-the-bump-bikini-underwear-assorted-5-pack?variant=20164046159968

https://www.kindredbravely.com/products/ultra-comfort-smooth-maternity-lounge-bra-black?variant=32762315767904

I liked Motherhood Maternity's clothes sooo much. I was at Macy's in the mall near me and they were having a huge sale on their Motherhood Maternity stock so I got so many lovely pieces. Never tried their under garments though!

@halfanewt
    Time to yourself? What is that?  :D  I can't even -cook- by myself anymore; DD insists on joining in (and then doesn't like the music I'm playing). And since she can't actually help with cooking much yet (she's 3, no way am I giving her a knife or letting her near the stove/oven!!), so I have to come up with simple things for her to do so she is kept busy. Like stirring the salad or the mashed potatoes for 15-20 minutes. 

@sawasap
    Yay for anatomy scan!! I was actually out of my mind with anxiety about it with DD...and then of course they couldn't get good pictures of her spine. so I had to wait until my next appointment to get them. And spent the time in between researching neural tube defects and freaking out. Obviously, she is just fine!

I really need to start thinking about an OB since my long-time OB/GYN who delivered DD and kept me sane throughout the pregnancy retired last summer. I have a couple options but it's hard to make a choice. I'll probably end up going with the OB who saw me some in the hospital -- he was really reassuring and kind which is just what I need. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @late_bloomer
    If you are still looking, I just got an email that Kindred Bravely is having a big clearance sale this weekend.

https://www.kindredbravely.com/collections/clearance
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 - thanks for the heads up!  I ordered a few things and I'm hoping these work for me.