Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 4.12

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: Thunderstorms - love them? hate them? rather do without them?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTCAL w/o 4.12

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  - As some of you may know, I recently got pregnant unexpectedly and found out at 8 weeks that the baby stopped growing at 6.  I took misoprostol to induce miscarriage at 9 weeks.  After all was said and done, my husband and I agreed we want to try now. 

Status: self-benched this month, just coming off my miscarriage, because I am in the process of getting my covid vaccines. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I wish I felt comfortable trying immediately (ok'ed by my doctor).  But coming off a miscarriage I want to be extra careful. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? nope. 

Questions? Can you ovulate if you still have HCG in your system?  Dr. google is not help at all here.  I am still coming up faintly positive on pregnancy tests three weeks post miscarriage and have not detected O with my BBT yet. 

GTKY: Thunderstorms - love them? hate them? rather do without them? LOVE them! bonus points if it is nighttime and we loose power haha. (with nothing important going on of course).
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB. I'm so sorry for your loss. To answer your question-- yes, you can (and probably will) ovulate with HCG in your system. On my last mmc, I think I still had an HCG of 18 on CD3 testing after my first ovulation post-mc. Most people here have had similar experiences. You won't ovulate if your HCG is really high (like 100 or more), but anything less than that the body starts to get on with things. Pregnancy tests have different thresholds, but usually it's around 20, so you can have a positive test and still ovulate. BTW-- on my first mc, for whatever reason it took a long time for my levels to get back to zero and to get a period (like 3 months). I was fine, nothing was wrong, and I started cycling normally after that, but I just think it's helpful to know that can happen (though most people will get a period within 6 weeks or so)
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Loading the player...
  • @bumblebee0210 Thank you for you reply.  I am sorry yours took so long to decrease! I am hoping mine does not take that long.  My doctor is not tracking my HCG so I have no idea what my levels actually are. I have been taking a pregnancy test every other day and seeing the line get lighter and lighter.  I also have been tracking my BBT so hopefully when I do finally ovulate, I will know. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• @ReadyForaB from my experience yes, ovulation can/does occur before HCG reaches 0. Looking at my first cycle after MC, I O'ed on CD18. 4 days later I saw my OB and had mentioned that I was still getting faint, but definitely there lines on FRERs so they checked my HCG and it was at 3. I can't remember anymore, but I may have still been turning a test that was 10mIU/ml on the day that O occurred. From what I've read, even if HCG is around 20-25 your body can still O.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. loss at 8 weeks, Oct 2020

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? This cycle has just been weird. Super late O, my OPK was barely positive over the weekend and technically (per Premom) only 1 was a true positive. I had 3 others that were just below a true positive. Even so, no temp bump this morning. This is just annoying. I might even be more mad that this means my EDD would likely fall into early January instead of late December meaning insurance probably won't cover shit when it comes to delivery :D Sigh. Based on LMP though, it's totally an EDD between Christmas an New Years. At least this time should there be a BFP, I won't be getting my HCG checked by the RE. Last time they were all "you should have HCG at 100 being 4 weeks". Doesn't work that way if you don't O on CD14!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? HPT next week Wednesday or Thursday? Wherever 10DPO ends up.

Questions? Nah

GTKY: Thunderstorms - love them? hate them? rather do without them? I have a love/hate relationship with thunderstorms. I'm usually good when there's no threat of tornadoes, but last week we had a storm come through and the lightning was pretty close to us so even though I'd watch the flashes outside my window, the big booms still freaked me out. Especially the one that caused some kind of spark not far from the house (our power comes in overhead, not underground). I literally screamed in fear. Strangely that caused our internet to go out, but not power. So that was a weird time.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Had a CP in March '21

Status: Technically benched because I haven't had AF yet, but we did the baby dance around when CBAD said I wasn't fertile so I am hoping for a happy "accident." My HCG, thankfully, dropped to 0 pretty quickly and I am fairly certain I O'ed a week ago.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are OK. I was pretty upset last week when DH's best friend from college told us she was pregnant but now I am sort of feeling more hopeful. I read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" which I devoured.  

Any testing coming up/any recent results? If my cycle holds, I should be getting AF around April 21. I may test a few days before just to see. I am doing an online fertility research study with Boston University and they sent me 6 free HPTs as an incentive.

Questions? Not right now

GTKY: Thunderstorms - love them? hate them? rather do without them? Love them only when I'm home. I have an irrational fear of being struck by lightning - likely due to a story about a freak accident involving my mom's cousin when they were kids. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. TFMR in April 2020 at around 15 weeks, MC in November 2020 at 8 weeks. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well?  Things are going, and I'm happy about that. It took awhile to get my period after a couple weeks of BCP, and it looks like I'm going to ovulate any day, so 5-6 days from that point, I should be technically pregnant (knock on wood). I'm also struggling a bit because we're almost at the year mark (April 14) of the termination, and while I had been doing well not thinking about that, that anniversary has hit me a bit. A lot of "if onlys"... like, if only that had worked out, we'd have a 6 month old and would've been done with our family, but if all goes well, I'll be just turning 40 and starting all over again with a newborn. And then I kinda slap myself after those thoughts and say "you'll be lucky to even get that newborn, who cares about your age!" Meh. Gotta focus on the positives and what's right in front of you, right? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Waiting on bloodwork today to tell me I can trigger and start the transfer countdown!

Questions?  nope

GTKY: Thunderstorms - love them? hate them? rather do without them?  So I live in California, where thunderstorms are very rare - I'm talking maybe one a year. I like them, but not in summer. In California, we have a brand new season called fire season, so if lightning is threatened in the forecast during those months, I'm packing our emergency bags, since we live in the hills. 
  • @ReadyForaB I didn’t ovulate before my HCG reached 0 but it certainly doesn’t mean you can’t.

@inthewoods23 ugh I hate how much pregnancy and ttc literature revolve around O being CD 14. Crossing everything for you to get your BFP!

@fifilala516 ugh surprise pregnancy announcements are the worst!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 1 loss in January, suspected blighted ovum

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are decent. I’m still waiting for O to happen and am anxious to move on to my next cycle which will be mediated. Ultimately, I’m feeling ready to jump fully back into TTC. I’m tired of being in limbo waiting.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope 

Questions? Nope 

GTKY: Thunderstorms - love them? hate them? rather do without them? Absolutely hate them. I get horrible anxiety about the weather, especially severe thunderstorms and tornado watches (which we get maybe 1-3 times a year). 

• @inthewoods23 I have had the same thought about delivery time and insurance.  It is sad our minds go there. I hit my deductible just on my MMC. 

@fifilala516 I keep going back an forth on purchasing that book.  For someone who temps and tracks ovulation anyway, is there a lot more to learn from it?

@Lisa3379 interesting! I did not know that about CA. We get a ton in PA.
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• boymama2018boymama2018 member
    edited April 2021
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    I had 1 loss TTC for # 2 in Jan at 6w. Benched due to MTX shot because hcg was so low (106) we aren't sure if it was a regular m/c or an EP. They saw nothing in my UT and something super tiny in left tube that could be a pregnancy related cyst. Took the shot to play it safe and to avoid any ruptured tubes. I found out after that my hcg a few days prior to my ER visit was (134) so my hcg was already going down which leads me to *think* it was a regular m/c. Hcg went to 0 in a week or so. 

Status: Benched but hoping to get the green light to TTC again this Friday. :) If I do, I am supposed to Ovulate around May 3rd. 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? It has been a really tough 3 month bench wait. But I am much better now that it is April and I can kind of see a light at the end of the tunnel. I just want to be able to TRY again! Sick of sitting and waiting and watching others on IG announce pregnancies....sounds so harsh but it all comes with the experience I went through and all of those feelings you get while healing. It was like a dark cloud was following me for a while, until recently. If you follow SomethingNavy (Arielle Charnas) on IG, she went through something similar, got the same shot and is pregnant now which is pretty encouraging!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? OB check up (I think maybe an internal exam and just asking questions) and an U/S this Friday to make sure things look as they should! So nervous. I have this feeling they are going to tell me its silly to get an u/s and that the tech is going to look at me like I am crazy lol. They said they don't normally do u/s for the reason I want, but my OB told me I can. 

Questions?  none

GTKY: Thunderstorms - love them? hate them? rather do without them? I love them on a very hot hot summer day / early evening. :)
  • @inthewoods23 I have had the same thought about delivery time and insurance.  It is sad our minds go there. I hit my deductible just on my MMC. 

@fifilala516 I keep going back an forth on purchasing that book.  For someone who temps and tracks ovulation anyway, is there a lot more to learn from it?

@Lisa3379 interesting! I did not know that about CA. We get a ton in PA.
    Honestly, no. I don't track BBT (at least not yet - I plan on doing that in the next few cycles if I don't get a BFP) but it was very helpful for someone like me who is considering doing it. She also places a lot of emphasis on CM and while I enjoyed the book and am glad I purchased it, it does get repetitive.