Infertility
Options

March FET Group (Frozen Embryo Transfers)

Re: March FET Group (Frozen Embryo Transfers)

• Options
    @mbradfo2 Era is 2maro at 11, nervous i hope ite not too much pain.

@thezaltyberger thinking about u❤️❤️
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in over a week ...been feeling pretty lousy...hardly able to eat or drink because of the nausea...hoping I don't have to go back in to ER again but if I do, I will. I am trying to be thankful for the nausea 😊 Have 6.5 week ultrasound tomorrow. 

So exciting reading all the positive betas since last week! Congrats everyone!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vlr2015
    Good luck at your ultrasound!!! 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    Thanks for checking in on me @mbradfo2 and @vl__2019 ❤️ You ladies are so sweet. I am honestly not doing well emotionally. At all. The mood swings are REAL (poor hubs...) and I can’t help but be extremely negative. My boobs are definitely growing more tender and my ovaries are on the fritz. I had a few days of pelvic discomfort but that was likely from the procedure itself and it has passed. I’m feeling a little bloated but that could be all the takeout...I’ve been trying to treat myself. I don’t feel okay, just like this is another thing that the doctor says I responded so beautifully to and then it will fail. Everything works so well and fails anyway. I am in a very dark headspace. Right now I’m resolved not to test. With my two failed IUIs, I got my period before the pregnancy test so I already knew. Sunday is the day. Why are days so long?

@dukie001 miss you and wanted to check on you if you see this. Thinking of you❤️ 
  • Options
    @thezaltyberger
    Fortunately a negative attitude doesn't have any bearing on results! I was pretty much convinced that my first transfer failed (why would it work? nothing else had!) and I didn't even bother doing a HPT before my beta. I was in complete shock when the nurse said it was really positive (128 at 9dpt6dt!) that I hung up the phone after saying 'OK' in response haha. I had to call back to get my next directions and ask some questions. So FX for you! But I think the negative attitude is normal -- we're all so used to bad news at this point. 

Ugh, last night was AWFUL. I woke up at 1 am with the taste of throw up in my mouth and thought I was going to puke (I had that tight feeling you get in your throat before you throw up). I coughed a couple times to try to clear it and almost did throw up. DH got me a glass of water and some tums since the stomach acid was burning my throat. I had dry heaves and horrible heart burn with DD so I guess I should have expected it eventually...
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Options
    vl__2019vl__2019 member
    edited April 2021
    @mbradfo2 srry u had a bad night, hope ur feeling better.

@thezaltyberger I understand how ur feeling i think we all feel that at one point of this process...praying this one sticks

AFM
    i had me ERA today ughh so uncomfortable and im still cramping, ER said I should get my period in 3-7 days then start back on estrace, results take 2 weeks, so happy to b off those suppositories..i think i rather b sore in the butt😩😩 
  • Options
    @chartput
    Good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow!! I know how nerve wracking the wait can be, but hopefully only good things come your way <3 

@vl__2019
    I've always been terrified of doing an ERA and been fortunate not to need it. Enjoy your break before your transfer!!

I'm on pins and needles here waiting for next Friday.  Been feeling okay, just super tired -- took a nap after lunch today. Heart burn is killing me, but being tired is more annoying!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @vl__2019 My ERA was terrible. Apparently I have a weird cervical os and she couldnt get the catheter in. I started sweating and almost passed out it was so painful, plus having to pee on top of that. Afterwards it was ok though and I was back to normal a few hours later. The nurse told me I should get my period in 24-72 hours though and it took almost 10 days!

@mbradfo2 thank you! Ive got all my fingers and toes crossed we see a sticky bean with a heart beat. Hopefully this week goes by fast for you!
  • Options
    vl__2019vl__2019 member
    edited April 2021
    @mbradfo2 thank u❤️

@chartput  i love how these dr love to down play the pain🙄🙄.. im soo happy its over.. good luck on ur sono today!! So exciting.

@vlr2015 how was ur sono?? How are you feeling??

@thezaltyberger  how are you??

@sfield21 how are you doingg
  • Options
    Had my sono today and we have a sticky little bean with a heartbeat! Measuring right on track at 6+5 with a heart beat of 136! Next us is in 2 weeks and then we graduate from our fertility clinic.

Full disclosure, i was pretty numb to the whole experience. DH lost it and was very emotional, and while Im happy, Im still having a hard time accepting Im pregnant and we are going to come out of this with our rainbow baby. Infertility is such a mind f***.
  • Options
    @chartput
    With my daughter, I was still in denial @ 32 weeks and putting away my shower gifts, thinking 'wow, all of these people think i'm going to actually have a baby'! I think that's normal; we become so numb to everything so we can survive and it's hard to break that. 

1.5 weeks until my ultrasound...I've been diving a bit deep into the online shopping to distract myself (I love shopping and getting good deals). I'm refurbishing my childhood dollhouse so we can actually use it so I've been browsing miniature stores and figuring out what I need. It's keeping me busy!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @chartput that’s very exciting! Congratulations on a good US! Try to let yourself enjoy these moments, I know that’s easier said than done though. 

@vl__2019 thanks for checking in. I’m doing pretty good! Feeling hopeful! I poas again yesterday just for fun and the line was super dark.... darker than the control line. So now just waiting until April 19 for my first US... ugh jeeze, that seems like a lifetime away. 
  • Options
    @chartput awesome!!!...happy baby is growing with a strong heartbeat ❤️❤️❤️

@sfield21 happy ur doing good...love that ur getting dye stealers
  • Options
    Thanks for checking in @vl__2019 I wish I could say I was doing okay but all I have is complete loss of control over my emotions and a deep sense of dread. Dread dread dread. My symptoms definitely spike in the hours after the suppositories and chill out in between so it feels “fake,” like nothing to do with a successful implantation. But...Wednesday was a good day. Today wasn’t bad either. Tomorrow is Friday and I didn’t think I’d make it this far. Test is on Sunday and I won’t test until then I think. I may also just get my period before then like I did with my IUIs so I could just know earlier. I don’t dare to hope.
  • Options
    mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited April 2021
    @sfield21
    I really think the wait to ultrasound is the worst TWW.  I actually feel physically ill when I tink about it; so much PTSD over first trimester ultrasounds. 

@thezaltyberger
    When I did my first transfer in 2017, I actually moved past to the dread to just wanting to get it over with -- I was so confident that it didn't work and just wanted to move on...still haven't moved on yet and that embryo is now 3 years old!  B)  FX for you to have a similar outcome!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @thezaltyberger I’m not sure how much progesterone you’re on, but that was different for me from IUI to IVF.... the progesterone will hold off your period as its mimicking your body being pregnant. I don’t think I was on progesterone for my IUI’s, so I would naturally get my period, whereas with IVF, I wouldn’t get my period until a couple days after stopping progesterone. This was shocking to my best friend, she thought it had worked since she wasn’t getting her period and was so angry her clinic didn’t tell her that she wouldn’t get her period on progesterone. 
    Just a heads up and wanted you to be informed. 

I’m really hoping this sticks for you! My only symptom was sore breasts, now at 5 weeks I also have mild cramps/aches where my right ovary is sort of. 
  • Options
    Ohhhhh @sfield21 yet another thing I didn’t know because my clinic doesn’t do ANY patient education at all apparently!!! Thanks so much for telling me!!
  • Options
    @thezaltyberger I feel like almost every clinic does not tell patients that info.... it’s really sad. Pretty basic information! I also didn’t know for a while that the drugs I was on would not let me ovulate when prepping for FET. Makes sense I guess, but again I was never told that. 
  • Options
    @chartput like @mbradfo2 i was in denial until 30+ weeks with our first.  We everything we all go through, i think it's normal.  I look back at pictures and think "oh, i did look pregnant"
  • Options
    @blackhottamales
    Sorta why I've decided to throw caution to the wind and just enjoy this time. Even if something goes wrong, I'll have good memories of chatting with people about pregnancy and being happy. I was cheated out of a happy, naive pregnancy with DD; I want to at least have the happy and excited part this time around. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    AF came well at least spotting did..so im sure full flow will be 2maro, didn’t think it wud literally come in 3 days, my cycles usually never cooperate due to my PCOS...just hope my results come back soon enough so this cycle wont b waste.
  • Options
    @thezaltyberger good luck with your beta today!!
  • Options
    @thezaltyberger yesssssss omgggg i knew u would be.....congratulations and ur staying pregnant!!!!
  • Options
    @thezaltyberger
    Awesome news!!!!!! FX for a smooth ride to your little one! Do you have another beta Tuesday (I'm assuming you do)?
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @thezaltyberger congrats!! Very exciting news!
  • Options
    I think, I see the light at the end of the tunnel with PIO injections - close to be done with those and estrace pills in 10 days FX! 
  • Options
    @clare40
    Lucky! My RE has us do them until 12 weeks. My poor poor behind...6 more weeks o.o

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @thezaltyberger congratulations!!!! That’s a great first beta! As I keep telling myself, it’s a step in the right direction. Hoping this little one sticks ❤️
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Thank you so much @mbradfo2 @clare40 @sfield21!!!!! And you’re exactly right @mbradfo2 second beta is tomorrow which is also my birthday 🥳 
  • Options
    @thezaltyberger congrats! those are close to my first beta numbers and we just saw a heart beat for the first time ever! Hoping you get a great birthday present tomorrow!

Speaking of stopping PIO for those who have done fet before.....did your RE have you wean or stop cold turkey? Mine is having me stop cold turkey both estrogen/progesterone at 10 weeks, which makes me a little nervous. Although I know the placenta starts taking over at 8 weeks, the cold turkey part scares me.
  • Options
    @chartput
    My RE has us go to 12 weeks just...because. Technically 10 weeks is fine! But he is a little old fashioned about some stuff and also knows the way his patients get anxious stopping meds before they are past that first trimester milestone. At 12 weeks, though, I stopped cold turkey and yes, I was incredibly anxious about it! What I did to help calm my fears was time my first official OB appointment the same week I stopped cold turkey since I know my OB 1) is going to run bloodwork to make sure hormone levels are where they need to be/check for anemia or any other issues/etc  AND 2) does an ultrasound in his office at the time of your appointment just to establish pregnancy and dating for their records. So being able to see baby on the scan moving around and growing properly and knowing my OB would catch any hormone deficiencies with the bloodwork helped to reassure me that going off progesterone/estrogen wouldn't somehow cause a miscarriage/etc. 

There is absolutely zero harm in continuing progesterone and estrogen to 12 weeks other than the discomfort of the shots or suppositories -- so if you think that would make you feel a little more secure and you don't mind the injections/pills/patches/etc, I would just ask your RE to give you a prescription to go until 12 weeks and explain it makes you feel more comfortable. 

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @chartput I stop all meds at 10 weeks, cold turkey. My RE does say to just use up whatever suppositories I have left, so that sort of weaned me off and made me feel better. It is nerve wracking but I think most RE’s do that, and lots of babies are perfectly healthy ❤️
  • Options
    I don’t know what to say. Did my body just wake up one day after this many years and decide oh I think I’ll do what you’ve been begging me to do for 4 years? With no explanation? I had my second beta today. It’s my 33rd birthday. They wanted to see my numbers on their way to doubling by tomorrow, which would’ve put me at or near 346. Except I’m at 448.6 :)
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @thezaltyberger wat a nice birthday 🎁🎁❤️....hope i have the same gift on my birthday May 1st!!!! So happy for u!!! In over here screaming lol
  • Options
    @thezaltyberger great numbers and what a great birthday present!! Our first ultrasound was 3 days after my 34th birthday and it was a great delayed birthday gift to see that little heartbeat. So excited for you!
  • Options
    @thezaltyberger
    YES!! Woohoo! Do you do any further betas or just go to ultrasound? But, yes, I remember being like you when I got my BFP after my first ever transfer in 2017 -- wait a second, my body actually knows how to do this thing properly?! And just in shock and numb mostly since I was convinced it was a BFN (like you)!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    Congrats @thezaltyberger!! Excellent news and a very Happy Birthday!! What a great gift ❤️
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies, I am still speechless!!!! Definitely feeling some nausea after every time I eat. That’s a wrap on betas!! And now we wait three weeks for the first ultrasound when we should be able to see a heartbeat 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞