1st Trimester

Period or pregnant at 8wks PP?

8 weeks PP, had unprotected sex 2 weeks PP (I know I’m crazy), just had 2 days of light brown discharge, very light both days. Clear and thin discharge before and after these 2 days. I’m breastfeeding exclusively and very often, every 1-2 hours day and night. Any thoughts on if this is my period returning, result of a little jog I went on and my body just recovering or...?

Re: Period or pregnant at 8wks PP?

• 8 weeks PP, had unprotected sex 2 weeks PP (I know I’m crazy), just had 2 days of light brown discharge, very light both days. Clear and thin discharge before and after these 2 days. I’m breastfeeding exclusively and very often, every 1-2 hours day and night. Any thoughts on if this is my period returning, result of a little jog I went on and my body just recovering or...?
    8 weeks PP, exclusively breastfeeding your body is going haywire with hormones still. Some people have their period return immediately, others don’t ovulate until they are completely done BFing. If you’re not wanting 2 under 1 I would seriously consider birth control of some kind.

Also, it’s against the rules to ask if you are pregnant on these boards. But honestly, you have a lot going on so even a best guess would be a complete shot in the dark. Take a test if you think you are pregnant.

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Take a test???
    it could be anything if it was just light spotting. Did you not have a pg test done at your 6 week appt if you had unprotected sex? Call and ask to speak with your provider if you’re concerned. Like PP said some people get their cycles back really soon and some don’t. I’m 6.5 mo postpartum & EBF and have had the mirena since 6 weeks and I haven’t had a period yet but I get random spotting here and there. But I’m also still healing sooooo idk. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m going to take a test just to be sure. We want kids close together so am not using birth control in between kids but I was surprised to get my period back so quickly since I’m nursing so often still! But like the both of you said, there are a lot of factors that could be the reason behind it so I’ll just order tests for peace of mind!
  • I got my period back at 38 days PP, both times, while EBF. 🤷 If you want to have them close in age, sounds like you're on the right track! GL