Options

Weekly Check-In 9/16-9/30 (week of 4/5)

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger?

Re: Weekly Check-In 9/16-9/30 (week of 4/5)

• Options
    @Aerialmrs coming in hot with the countdowns!! Woo hoo! What vaccine did you get? I'm so nervous for my second dose because I feel like Moderna has a bad rep. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/18 16+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I don't like any of the comparisons this week

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for my 16 wk appointment 

How are you feeling?: ok. I've lost most of my first tri symptoms and I'm not really feeling movement yet so I'm in an anxious in between spot. There have been random times I think I've felt some pushing out or moving around but it's usually when I'm doing something so when I stop to see if it was her I can't feel it so either she is playing games with me or it's RLP or just general cramps/stretching. 

Rants/Raves: It is beautiful today! 80 and sunny, almost summer like! It was beautiful all weekend too but all that outside time has left us with DS who is usually over tried and cranky but he has been sleeping well. Work is giving me a lot of stress and anxiety. So much that I have updated my resume and started applying for jobs but job hunting is equally stressful. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? People have told me Cameron Diaz but my hair is much less blond that it used to be. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @krash_ That's me!! Haha! I got Moderna, and I am expecting some side effects, but I'm hoping if I get them it'll be tomorrow. I don't teach, so tomorrow's the easiest day for me to take it easy if I need to take some time off. I'm drinking tons of water today, and hoping that staying extra hydrated will help calm the side effects, too. I'll report back with updates! Also, I'm with you, I don't like any of the 16 week baby size comparisons. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/16; 16+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: navel orange 

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan at the MFM office on the 19th and my regular OB appointment on the 21st. 

How are you feeling?: I feel great. Lots of energy. Although, I had a random wave of nausea last night that I thought would never go away. 

Rants/Raves: I’m itching to organize things and I’m waiting impatiently for my husband to build the shelves I had wood cut for weeks ago. 🙄 I have been buying lots of classical literature and I need to clear off some of my bookshelves to make room for the new books. Right now all the new books are just stacked around my room and it’s driving me crazy. I spend a lot of time in my schoolroom and I want it to be a calm, peaceful space and it is the opposite with all the clutter. 

Questions:

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? Not that I know of but I quit keeping up with all the celebrities years ago. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @krash_ and @Aerialmrs DH and I both got the Moderna shot and both had side effects after the 2nd dose (but nothing severe) Mostly just SUPER TIRED like full on body tired - I pretty much slept from 10am-3pm the day after the shot and I had some on and off headaches. DH was also super body tired and needed to sleep a lot. No fever though or anything too crazy and by 3pm I felt completely fine. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14W6D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon I think

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow! and we scheduled a boutique u/s for Sunday! 

How are you feeling?: feeling great! we had great weather this entire weekend and so we got to spend so much time outside! 

Rants/Raves: I'm just so ready for consistent good weather! We started working on our bikes this weekend to make sure they are ready to go - I'm hoping I can get at least some bike riding in before I get too big and uncomfortable. We also got a great deal on a gently used Yepp seat for the 10M old and I'm excited to get out on some trails with the whole family! 

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? not that I'm aware of...
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs lol at your doppelgänger! “A walk to remember.” I know this specifically because one of my classmates in middle school had a role in that movie - he was the kid that the love interest tutored. 
    @grizzlymama86 this is the right time to find a daycare. Plenty of wait time, and you can get on a couple wait lists too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 9/20, 16 weeks exactly 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a dill pickle. Puke! 

Upcoming appointments: Finally seeing my OB on Thursday. Had to postpone 10 days due to my quarantine. Then anatomy scan will be may 3rd, two days after my second dose of the Pfizer vax! 

How are you feeling?: Good! Belly is POPPIN. It’s crazy. Definitely feeling some RLP. Movement is obvious but inconsistent. It’s like she’ll do 75 noticeable back to back somersaults one day and then I won’t “hear from her” for another 2 days 😅 Thats the problem with an anterior placenta, I guess.  

Rants/Raves: we booked a trip to Mexico today!!!!!!!!! So excited to be staying at an adults only resort in the week between our 5 year anniversary and my birthday, at the end of may. We’ve literally never left DD that long and I’m sort of freaking out about it but I know how necessary this is for DH and I to get away before another baby. We need some alone time, badly. I’m stoked. 

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? Sometimes I get Katy Perry or Zoey Deschanel. It’s the large blue eyes and dark hair I think. 
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 It’s driving me mad that he won’t just hang the stupid shelves. He is going to be surprised when I hire a handy man to do it instead. I’m getting tired of waiting. What am I suppose to do with all these books I have bought?! I also want to get some bins and start organizing the pantry, laundry room, garage. I just bought a storage bin for winter gear. I want all the gear stored away and in one spot for next year. Plus I need to get all the mud suits out and the mud boots so I can see if anyone outgrew anything. We have very big puddles right now and the kids want to splash! 

@chewie5990 our temps got up to the low 40’s yesterday. It felt sooo warm. They dropped back down to the 20’s today. 🙄 I’m ready to start hitting the trails and the lakes with no winter gear. Although, the bears are already out so I need to start prepping the kids on bear safety. I can’t have them running in 4 different directions at the first sight of a bear. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an orange

Upcoming appointments: 4/16 spina bifida test. Not sure if they'll do an ultrasound at that one or if that's a blood test?

How are you feeling?: A bit better. Still having nausea occasionally after dinner, but it's been less! I'm still really winded, and have developed some sciatica on my left side, which is putting a damper on my workout goals. My runs have been pretty lackluster. Boo.

Rants/Raves:  DH has been building me a mudroom bench/storage unit this month, which is pretty exciting. What's not exciting is that I have to paint it. I keep walking past it every day, thinking "I'll start that tomorrow" lol.  It'll be beautiful when it's done, it's just going to be a bear to sand and prime/prep. Someone tell me to go do it!

Questions: now that I'm fully vaccinated, I've been considering re-joining my local gym. For those who go now, how tolerable is working out with a mask on? Just curious! I've been working out at home since the pandemic started, but am just so much more motivated in a gym/group setting

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger?  When I was blonde, I was told Brittany Spears and Cameron Diaz, which I don't see at all.  
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 Ooh good, my Babylist and Target boxes are out for delivery today! After that, I'm waiting on the ones that don't have tracking info, like Walmart, Similac, and Enfamil. Start looking at daycares RIGHT NOW! It think it depends a lot on your area, but I'm not in a major metro city, and I reached out to my preferred daycare at 11 or 12 weeks, and they already had a waiting list going!!

@chewie5990 I'll post my side effects in the in the COVID vaccine thread, too, but so far this morning I've been mildly nauseous, very tired, some general body aches, and some mild chills (but no fever!). My arm is just as sore as it was with the first dose, overall nothing crazy or scary, and pretty consistent from what I've been hearing from others who have had side effects from Moderna. I'm about 18 hours post shot now.

@kissyfir1586 GO DO IT! Lol. With my job I've been working out and yelling over loud music with a mask on since July. It's not super fun, but it's doable. Especially since you're vaccinated, I'd recommend sticking to the plain old non-woven disposable surgical masks, they are by far the easiest to breathe in, and are the least annoying when they get sweaty. I wish I could find a cloth mask that is tolerable during exercise, but I haven't found one that's as good as a surgical mask yet. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21/9, 16 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chipmunk,  not including the tail lol 

Upcoming appointments: I still need to call to book my 18w appointment, AS is on the 29th.

How are you feeling?: Lack of sleep is really getting to me, but overall I'm feeling pretty good. Lower back/upper butt area on my right has been a bot sore lately but mostly just on days where I'm really busy. Uterus has been feeling hard and a bit in the way sometimes the past few days too.

Rants/Raves: I've been really worrying about what I'm going to do once this baby arrives. My youngest is almost 2.5 and keeps waking up ridiculously early. I have no idea how to get him to stay in his bed when he wakes up or sleep in longer.

Also, I think I've been feeling movement a bit yesterday and a tiny bit today. It's hard to feel when I'm really busy but it just feels so different than my first 3 that I keep questioning if that's what it is or not, even though I know that's what it is lol

Questions: Not at the moment

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? I don't think so, at least I've never noticed and no one has ever said anything. 
  • Options
    Lurking from the beginning of sept group

@CanadianGamerMom does he know his numbers? When my 2yo started getting up early we bought a super cheap digital alarm clock and taped over the second 2 numbers. Now she knows she’s not allowed out of bed until she sees a 7 or 8. It took maybe a week of reminding her and now she stays quiet until 7 every day! 
  • Options
    @CanadianGamerMom we got DS1 a hatch light around 2.5 and it was miraculous! He still relies on it at 5 now. It's a light that changes colors and sounds (if preferred) depending on time of day that you set, so we set it like this
    7pm it turns yellowish (this is the sleep color he chose) we are in his room at this point reading books and getting ready for bed. When we are finished with books I turn his song on and it stays on all night with the yellow color. He knows if wakes up in the MOTN or early that if his light is yellow it means it's still night time. (when he was younger we set night time to red because he knew Red meant stop and the association with stop - go back to sleep was easier. 

6:30am his light turns bright green and he music stops (this doesn't actively wake him up, but he knows if he wakes up and his light is green then it's time to get out of bed. 

He does quiet time now for 2 hours, but it was the same when he had naps - turns yellow at 2:00 and green at 4:00. 

There are plenty of colored alarm clocks but the hatch connects to your phone and it has a simple design that can grow with the child and not look babyish. We are definitely planning to get another one for DS2 when he's around 2-3 yrs old.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15+2, 9/26. Now that I don’t feel like crap every day this is flying by!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Navel orange

Upcoming appointments: I believe I have an appt next week

How are you feeling?: So much better! I actually have energy to do things!

Rants/Raves: I spent all day yesterday deep cleaning the house and we listed it today! No clue how this week is going to go but we’ll see!

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? No, but everytime I hear the word doppelgänger I think of vampire diaries 😂
  • Options
    Coming back for tags- 
    @Aerialmrs my babies all went directly into size 1s! 

@k@krash_ the inbetween is not fun. I thought I would feel more movement by now but I can’t be sure if that’s what I’m feeling yet vs gas 

@g@grizzlymama86 It depends where you live, I think. Some people get on waiting lists around here when they’re trying to conceive 🙄 
  • Options
    @muggsd @chewie5990 Great suggestions! I'm not sure he knows his numbers well enough at this point, but the colour one might work for him! Thanks ladies 😊
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15w6d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: orange 

Upcoming appointments: MFM tomorrow 

How are you feeling?: GROUCHY. And tired (could be the turkey lol).

Rants/Raves: Rant: why are ppl so dumb sometimes? Like 2 of the individuals I live with who get mad when the neighbor's cat fights their cat (both male cats) all summer long and yet feed that same cat treats and encourage it to come into our yard whenever they see it. And yet expect the cats not to fight. Or when I ask someone for 4 years to not put the stroller in the trunk upside down and they do it anyway, so of course every item in the undercarriage falls out when it's removed from the trunk. Is that my pregnancy grumpiness or are people just dumb?

Questions: anyone reuse their crib with their 2nd? If so, did you get a new crib mattress or reuse the old one?

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? Closest would be JLo I guess haha 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @sleepydaze Usually my kids are in their crib with the side taken down so it’s a daybed. I have 3 cribs in my house. Mainly because I refuse to move any kid to a twin before they are night trained. It’s a pain in the butt to change sheets on a bed that big in the middle of the night. 

Edit: fix spelling 
  • Options
    @sleepydaze we reused our crib and we’ll use it again. I didn’t change the mattress between kids. It didn’t really get too dirty since it had a cover and everything 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I thought the same about doppelgangers because I just finished rewatching the Vampire diaries. I used to love that show! The second time through, not so much.  Ps good luck with the house this week

@sleepydaze Ive been feeling super grouchy too. I hope once I get back to the gym, I'll be a nicer human being

@A@Aerialmrs ok I'm doing it! Today! Lol   And I signed up at a gym yesterday.  I'll take your advice on those disposable masks...thats what we buy anyway so that helps! Are you a fitness instructor?

• Options
    @kissyfir1586 Sort of? I teach dance!
  • Options
    @sleepydaze we reused the crib and mattress..are you not supposed to? We did keep the mattress in a protective mattress cover while it was in our basement. We will have to buy a second crib for this baby since DS2 will still need to be in a crib. 
  • Options
    @chewie5990 DD is almost 4 and so I was wondering if her weight would have worn down or wrecked the mattress. We do have covers on it. Lately she's been saying how uncomfortable she is on it which made me wonder if I should get a new one for baby. Or I could switch it with DS' since his is only 2 years old and he probably won't notice a difference lol.
  • Options
    @sleepydaze it might have to do with the firmness of the mattress - crib mattresses are very firm and most people would probably find them uncomfortable to sleep on. I know some mattresses you can flip over to a less firm side for toddlers so they are more comfortable. But if you feel like the mattress is not firm anymore than I might get a new one. DS1 moved to a twin bed at 2.5 so our mattress was in storage from that point, so it wasn't used as long or as heavy as a kid either. 
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs I also feel like I’m getting bigger quickly! I was comparing bump sizes from my last pregnancy and at 16 weeks I’m the size I was at 25 weeks last time around.

@krash_ that anxious in between spot is the worst! 

@grizzlymama86 congrats on DS being back in school! I’m so thankful my kids and I have been in person all year! Virtual learning was the awful for us last spring.

@whatabout2ndbreakfast wahoo! The house is listed! It’s definitely a sellers market right now! When we sold our last year it sold in 3 days- we had 4 offers all over asking price! Good luck!

@sleepydaze we’ve used the same crib/mattress with all our kids with no issues, so I would not buy anything new.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    emjeveemjeve member
    edited April 2021
    Sorry I’m so late this week! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20, 16+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado 🥑 

Upcoming appointments: had one yesterday. Next is on May 4th- 20 week check up and anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: I’ve thrown up every day this week. I’m feeling super ragey too. Like everyone is pissing me off and I go from 0-100 in .5 seconds.

Rants/Raves: I’ve gained so much weight already. I hate gaining weight, so I’m really struggling with it. I worked really, really hard on my health this last year. I was eating super healthy and running/training for multiple races- I ran a marathon, 3 1/2 marathons, and over a dozen 10k  and 5K races- and I feels like all my hard work is gone. I hate it.

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? Not really. I’m a redhead, but dyed my hair blonde for a year in college and people told me I looked like Paris Hilton 🤷‍♀️

Edit to add a rave: I booked newborn photos this week! I love baby photos ❤️

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sleepydaze I've used the same crib for all 3 kids and will use it for this one since it's still in amazing shape for having been through 3 kids. I think we got a new mattress after my first since we bought her a toddler bed and put her mattress on that... but both my boys used the same mattress and this baby will too. It still seems on perfect shape. If it seemed damaged or worn I'd likely replace, but no need to spend the extra money if it's still in great shape
  • Options
    @emjeve haha I loved your pissed off comment. How have ppl not learned to not mess with us pregnant women yet?
    I am pretty body conscious (not overweight but most of my high school friends were thin Dutch girls so I was the roundest of them all) and I've definitely found motherhood to be tough on keeping up physique, too. This is the first pregnancy where I've been excited to look big. Something that helps me is reminding myself that once I've gotten through that infant stage, I can take time, however it looks, to start getting back to where I want to be physically.
  • Options
    @emjeve I'm struggling with the weight gain too. The last two weeks I've gained double what I should have. I have to believe alot of it is bloat because I've been tracking my nutrition pretty closely.

Anyway I lost about 30 pounds last year, so I totally get it. I'm a runner too and just can't seem to get back into my groove (I can't breathe and RLP makes it miserable). It's tough to let go of these goals that I've been hyper-focused on for so long! Its been helpful to me to divert my focus to eating the best possible things for the baby, and staying active where I can. I joined a gym and am going to a new fitness class today (a little nervous about that! Hope I don't die)
  • Options
    @sleepydaze and @kissyfir1586 thanks for the works of encouragement. I just keep telling myself it’s temporary, it just feels like it happened so fast this time! Hopefully the weight gain slows down this trimester as I’m able to tolerate healthy food again.

Pregnancy Ticker