Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 4/7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** <div>
</div><div>Month/Cycle: </div><div>CD: </div><div>WAYDTGKU: </div><div>R/R: </div><div>CS/Q: </div>

Re: WTO Wednesday 4/7

• Month/Cycle: 22/2 AL

CD: 34

WAYDTGKU: NTNP, temping

R/R: well keeping with the bad news, my grandpa had a minor stroke last week that ended with him getting hospitalized. He decided yesterday to stop all treatment and medication so he can pass. I’m not surprised and can hardly blame him. He’s 90 and my grandma passed last year in January so he’s been alone for the last year. It’s definitely still hard though because he is my last surviving grandparent. So I guess we’re just awaiting the official news that he’s passed.

CS/Q:  

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PVN

R/R:  I had a huge temp drop today so thinking it is maybe O.  

Also, its pouring here. ugh!

CS/Q: nope. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Loading the player...
  • **lurking from TWW**

@gingermama29. I'm so sorry.  That is hard. This has been such an especially challenging year for the elderly -- my heart goes out to you and your family. ❤️

@ReadyForaB Congrats on the dip!  It's always fun to see charts do charty things. 🤣 It's raining here, too.... Yesterday was so beautiful tho!  But the rain smelled amazing when I stepped outside this morning so it's not so bad.
  • @gingermama29 I’m so sorry! It is a strange feeling when they’re all gone. Sending virtual hugs! 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @gingermama29 I'm so sorry about your grandpa <3

@ReadyForaB I'd gladly accept your rain lol. Not that we haven't had rain. It's been raining periodically here for the last couple days. All the rain makes it incredibly easy to pull up weeds though!

Month/Cycle: 5 AL

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, GF/DF diet

R/R: another night of sleeping with the windows open :) rant - I didn't order a new box of OPKs until the evening yesterday so they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I bet if I had ordered them in the afternoon they'd be coming today. Shucks. OPK was still negative this morning so I don't think I'm in danger of missing getting any positives with the box on the way.

CS/Q: temps are finally starting to level out a bit which usually indicates O is on the way
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited April 2021
    @gingermama29 i'm so sorry, that's so hard, and it never feels like enough time.
    @ReadyForaB i'd rather have it pour during the week when i'm inside and office than the weekend, at least that's what i repeat to myself when i whine about my expectations of perfect weather.
    @inthewoods23 same about the lovely open window sleep!

Month/Cycle: 5/5
    CD: 16
    WAYDTGKU: CBAD OPK, tracking in flo, forgetting vitamins
    R/R: hubs is suffering from a cold and i think we totally bungled timing for this cycle. ugh
    finally remembered how to do this!!!! TW prior pregnancy in spoiler
    the first time was not this complicated, i took my iud out in the fall, tracked my cycle for a few months and everything was very routine. i know it's common after a child for things to be a bit off, but my cycle came back in sept... so i was hoping things would be leveling out by this point? 
    CS/Q: welp, OPK still said high today... at this point i'm thinking i missed the peak/surge?! bc this is day 7 of high. and is pushing my cycle to 30 days which i doubt will happen. not really sure if i should keep hanging out here, or scoot over to TWW?! 
  • chgilmorechgilmore member
    edited April 2021
    @gingermama29 I'm sorry about your grandfather <3 that's not easy 
    @ReadyForaB eyyyy rain and charty things! I love listening to rain or just watching it 
    @inthewoods23 I'm guessing the weather is super unpleasant if it doesn't feel good to sleep with the windows open! I'm personally excited for that time when I can turn off the heaters and just open and close windows for a bit before dragging out the air conditioner. Also glad to hear your opks won't run out!

ETA - @inthewoods23 my sleepy brain omitted the smiley face you wrote after you said you had the windows open so disregard the above lol

Month/Cycle: 3/3
    CD: 11
    WAYDTGKU: pnv, opk, bbt, cm cp
    R/R: I started reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility so I'm down that rabbit hole lol. Not a whole lot else happening. 
    CS/Q: I feel like my chart is going to be very unhelpful this cycle. It keeps telling me it's too jagged. But at least I now have opks abound XD 

• @gingermama29 I'm so sorry, my thoughts are with you and your family.
    @ReadyForaB fingers crossed for you on your timing
    @inthewoods23 we opened our windows again last night too, and I have the whole house opened up today. I just hope it's here to stay and I don't have to turn the heat back on like I did last week.
    @anniemarie887 I'm sorry about the repetitive readings, I hope either it's a fluke and you timed well, or for better analysis next cycle.
    @chgilmore that book was such an eye opener for me. I might re-read it, it's been a couple years (we tried briefly in 2018 before life stuff made us wait again). I'm trying to get my husband to read it too, because it has a lot of useful information for both parties to know, plus him understanding what's going on biologically isn't a bad thing.

Month/Cycle: 6/5
    CD: 28
    WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon supplements
    R/R: my FIL came over today to help us set up our new clothesline properly enough so it won't tip in a strong breeze! Got some stuff done in the yard too, and our first load is out drying in the sun. I'm loving this weather so much.
    CS/Q: pretty sure I ovulated Monday, but hanging out here until I get crosshairs.

• @gingermama29 I'm so sorry about your grandpa ❤️ 

@ReadyForaB 🤞 always nice when it's obvious! 

@inthewoods23 omg jealous you can sleep with windows open! I think our house would be coated in yellow from all the pollen 😂

@anniemarie887 *TW LC*
    My cycle wasn't super consistent after child birth until maybe 6 months ago...and that was 9-10 months after I stopped BF, and 2 yrs after DD was born. Definitely had a lot of changes in my cycle last year. 

@chgilmore TCOYF is the best!!

@fantasyflyte jealous of your clothesline! I'd love to line dry our stuff since I hang dry most of my clothes, but between pollen and city smog, probably not a good idea😂

Month/Cycle: 4/4
    CD: 8?
    WAYDTGKU: bbt
    R/R: still trying to get painters scheduled... probably should attempt to keep the house tidy so there's less to do when they tell us "yup we can come in 3 days" 
    CS/Q: nope. 
  • @anniemarie887 do you have any other signs that might point to O having already happened or not happened? Hopefully this cycle stops being so confusing. I know for me, the cycles I'd call "wonky" would have a delayed O date by about 5 days. Back when my cycles were typically 30-33 days, I'd occasionally have a 35-39 day cycle that I eventually correlated to a major stressor (like finding out everybody else in the world is getting KU!) that would come up in the WTO phase.

@chgilmore haha no worries. I misread stuff all the time. Or as I just recently learned... completely didn't see that DH had chopped down more brush along the side of our lot and it was all strewn about in the grass. I walked past it all yesterday and I swear it wasn't there! I'm worried I'm losing my mind sometimes.

@fantasyflyte we have a clothesline too that we never use. Yet I always wish I did. I guess I'm always worried I'll hang stuff up and then forget about it until I realize it's raining and I never brought stuff in after it dried.

@pajamstagrams goodness yeah I don't think we have too much pollen around here. At least not with the trees we have? Idk, what trees usually produce a lot of pollen? I somehow got blessed with no allergies so I don't have a clue and wouldn't know what to look for. GL getting the painters scheduled! At least 3 days is a decent amount of time to tidy.... depending on what you already have planned of course haha.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @pajamstagrams TW LC
    Ya know, I didn’t even think about BF’ing and that screwing things around. I only stopped nursing in December when DD turned one. I definitely had a big hormonal shift stopping and some major mood swings and headaches. 

@inthewoods23 stress is my middle name? In all seriousness good point, we’ve had some extended family drama in the last week. I had EWCM a little later than Flo would’ve said I o’ed. Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it!!!

• Apologies for ghosting today! And thank you all for the kind words. 

@ReadyForaB yay for the temp dip. Hopefully that does mean O!

@BusinessWife thank you friend

@inthewoods23 hopefully your OPKs will get to you just in time for your surge!

@anniemarie887 I hope you get some clarity on your cycle! I definitely understand your frustration.

@chgilmore. TCOYF was definitely a really interesting read. 

@fantasyflyte sounds like a very productive day! Enjoy the weather!

@pajamstagrams good luck with scheduling the painters. 
  • @gingermama29 this week has somehow gotten away from me but I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your grandfather. I hope there is some peace in knowing he had some control over the situation but nothing makes it easy. Thinking of you friend ❤️