November 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/31

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/31

• Is it too early to start HDBD? I feel like I’ve seen a few people say they feel like they’re starting to show. I know for me it’s definitely still mostly bloat. Maybe next week or the week after? 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • You guys, my DH was offered a job last week that is nearby our dream location, but also like, 1000 miles away. He’s been negotiating the contract and waiting to hear back about another job opportunity that is local. I have been encouraging him to take the job we’d have to move for but I started thinking about who would watch my older 3 children while I give birth in a city full of strangers and giving birth in a different hospital than the one I have before... I feel very panicked and want to cry. I still don’t want my husband to miss out on this job opportunity though and want to live in that area so I feel like I shouldn’t bring this up to him. *end rant*
  • You guys, my DH was offered a job last week that is nearby our dream location, but also like, 1000 miles away. He’s been negotiating the contract and waiting to hear back about another job opportunity that is local. I have been encouraging him to take the job we’d have to move for but I started thinking about who would watch my older 3 children while I give birth in a city full of strangers and giving birth in a different hospital than the one I have before... I feel very panicked and want to cry. I still don’t want my husband to miss out on this job opportunity though and want to live in that area so I feel like I shouldn’t bring this up to him. *end rant*
    It's okay to have feelings, and I'm sure your husband would appreciate hearing them. It doesn't mean that you don't want to go, it means that you're human and fearing change and the unknown is perfectly acceptable. 
  • HDBD after the first trimester sounds good to me!
  • @doodleoodle Ditto what @slitzee said. I tried to come up with something more to say but I just love slitzee's response so much that I can't think of anything worth adding.

@slitzee Yay for booking vaccine appointments!

My random is related -- my husband is getting his first dose of the COVID vaccine today! (I completed my COVID vaccine in February since I work at a health care institution)
  • Got my husband's full work travel schedule for the year and am going to be alone for the majority of this pregnancy. Is it weird that I am 1) sad he'll miss it and not be around to help out and 2) relieved he won't be around for the crazy hormones and general complaining I'm sure I will be prone to?  Right now, more the latter than the former because I'm counting the hours until he leaves on Saturday for 3 weeks! I will get my home office back! 
  • @cdbaldwin09 The unfortunate side to this situation is who will bring you donuts in bed?
  • @cdbaldwin09 ugh, my husband has been grounded from traveling for work due to Covid, so I’m not looking forward to it starting back up. Although, alone time would be nice...if only I could get him to take the 3 yr old with him 🤣
    I experienced that stress of giving birth in a city of strangers and needing someone to watch my older child during the birth. I had no friends or family anywhere in that part of the country. My mom flew out but she was still on her way while I gave birth. My husband's coworkers were able to watch my son and it ended up being fine! I had kind neighbors next door that also volunteered to help if needed for that situation and there were people on the local Facebook mom group also willing to watch him for me. There are usually babysitter companies that you can use too to find someone. Anyway, I'm just saying as far as that goes, it would probably work out for you as well! I wouldn't pass up my dream location over that worry! :smile:
    😭😭😭 thank you! 
  • @doodleoodle do you have any family that can fly in for the week or two around your due date?

@jackie_dunny I was just thinking today that it'll be good when HDBD rolls around. With DS I faithfully took a pic each week from week 4 on, but this time around I'm slacking already 😂 at least HDBD will force me to maintain when it matters
  • @marbellie probably not anyone who I would want around for two weeks 😂
  • @doodleoodle I wouldn’t want anyone in my house, but when I had Arlo, my folks rented an AirBNB nearby and would only come over once a day to do laundry, clean, make dinner, and then gtfo. It was AWESOME. 
  • Today’s stress: vacation time policy. I have a bunch of hours stockpiled because they let us carry over more than usual into 2021 because no one took vacations in 2020. So unless that do that again this year, which they probably wouldn’t announce until fall, I have to use up a bunch so I don’t lose it come 1/1/22. Meaning at the end of maternity leave (using vacation time to make paycheck whole) I’ll only have like 4 days of vacation. If I wasn’t forced to use it or lose it I’d like a few weeks of vacation time balance after maternity leave. So I have to decide to use it for unnecessary reasons just to not lose it or not use it and gamble on them making an exception to the roll over policy again this year.
  • @rabtaido1214 Why not take a few weeks off at the end of the year to prepare?
  • @mkp0903 I was so happy when my DH said I look really bloated today. I just kept staring at my belly and thinking "I don't usually look this fat, do I?" So it was nice to hear that no, I look different from my normal.
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • I’m still having next to no typical symptoms @marbellie so I feel you on the worry. I’m glad your appointment is soon so you can be reassured! Pregnancy is so stressful. 
  • marbellie said:
    Ahh my first appt is on Monday and I'm so nervous now. I felt good this week, but now I'm back to worrying about the lack of typical symptoms. Logically I know that this was the case for DS and I've been trying to stay positive because of it, but then my pessimistic side is saying that I wouldn't be lucky twice in row.

I don't know...I know that only time will tell but I'm just venting for now 😖
    @marbellie Wow, I could have written this exact post! My first appointment is Monday too. Not much in the way of symptoms here either and I'm right there with you on being a bundle of emotions even though I went through the same thing with my DS. Keeping fingers crossed for good news and reassurance for both of us on Monday. :)
  • @usedtobeknottie thanks, solidarity!

@mayoduck omg what a coincidence! I'm happy that we both have appointments soon. How far along will you be? I'm having so many flashbacks to my son's first appt where I kept interrupting the million questions and saying "can you please pull out the ultrasound machine because I want to confirm that this is real". She laughed but I was serious -_-
  • @marbellie @mayoduck glad your appointments are Monday! The first trimester is so stressful. I was convinced my last baby would end up being a uterine tumor, or something.
  • Today’s stress: vacation time policy. I have a bunch of hours stockpiled because they let us carry over more than usual into 2021 because no one took vacations in 2020. So unless that do that again this year, which they probably wouldn’t announce until fall, I have to use up a bunch so I don’t lose it come 1/1/22. Meaning at the end of maternity leave (using vacation time to make paycheck whole) I’ll only have like 4 days of vacation. If I wasn’t forced to use it or lose it I’d like a few weeks of vacation time balance after maternity leave. So I have to decide to use it for unnecessary reasons just to not lose it or not use it and gamble on them making an exception to the roll over policy again this year.
    Summer vacay???
  • sliztee said:
    Today’s stress: vacation time policy. I have a bunch of hours stockpiled because they let us carry over more than usual into 2021 because no one took vacations in 2020. So unless that do that again this year, which they probably wouldn’t announce until fall, I have to use up a bunch so I don’t lose it come 1/1/22. Meaning at the end of maternity leave (using vacation time to make paycheck whole) I’ll only have like 4 days of vacation. If I wasn’t forced to use it or lose it I’d like a few weeks of vacation time balance after maternity leave. So I have to decide to use it for unnecessary reasons just to not lose it or not use it and gamble on them making an exception to the roll over policy again this year.
    Summer vacay???
    A baby moon 🥰😍
  • @sliztee that sounds so amazing. I’m jealous. 
  • Our baby moon is my husband's elk hunt in CO in September. He gets to run around the woods with his dad and bro and I get to hang with my MIL, who I love, in their new cabin in the woods. 
  • @mkp0903 haha that reminds me that with DS's pregnancy I would have "well timed" bouts of nausea to not have to clean up after any doggy accidents 😂
  • Are there any Peleton riders or attemptors? Do you feel they're worth the cost? 

We're reorganizing our basement and home gym and I'm about set on getting it for MH for his birthday, but thought too check here too lol
  • @marbellie I used to do peloton but just with my own bike I bought used. I LOVED it! And I would’ve continued it but I had a pay cut at the time so I couldn’t afford it anymore. They also have more than just biking classes if you want to change it up! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers