November 2021 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in 4/3

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms?

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: what’s your favourite drink?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: FTM Check-in 4/3

• Options
    How far along are you? 8+5

Any new symptoms? Hungry!! Always hungry! 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Appointment coming up on Tuesday! 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? I’m excited to feel baby move

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Not at the moment 

GTKY: what’s your favourite drink? Non alcoholic probably coke but I really don’t drink a lot of it. Alcoholic, barefoot pink moscato 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    How far along are you? 5+5, time goes so slowly!

Any new symptoms? Nausea and more cramping

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? April 19th is my first appt

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? Want this baby so bad! Just want to see a heartbeat so bad!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Are the private U/S or gender tests helpful or reassuring? I see them posted all over the place. I just want a healthy pregnancy, but thought maybe they were helpful with anxiety.

GTKY: what’s your favourite drink? Diet Dr.
    Pepper
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6w 5d

Any new symptoms? I'm hungry all the time it seems!

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Just met with and booked my midwife. So excited for my 12 week appt. 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? Looking forward to feeling baby move and planning home birth. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? When does everyone get U/S done? 12 week and anatamoy? Less? More?

GTKY: what’s your favourite drink? Love a good IPA or Vallipocella 🍷
  • Options
    @cdbaldwin09 are you talking about the NIPT (basically screening for genetic anomalies) or just the gender sneak peak test? The NIPT is pretty common especially in older moms or any at risk for genetic conditions...it also gives you gender. The Sneak Peak is just gender. I did the NIPT last time and found it super reassuring. One of my friends learned her baby had CF. It was hard to find out, but it made her and her doctors better prepared. As far as gender, that’s just personal preference, and for me, I just needed to know 🤣. Since I did IVF this time, I already know I’m having another boy 💙 Early private US is hit or miss I think. I’ve read some places only do transabdominal, so if you’re earlier than 10 weeks (maybe 8 if conditions are right) you won’t likely see a lot. I would look into it though if your low risk and they aren’t planning on doing one for awhile. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8 weeks 6 days

Any new symptoms? I got a little nausea yesterday but it didn’t last. Crazy strong sense of smell yesterday as well. Today I feel normal except angry/weepy

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 
    I see my doc in person Tuesday. 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? 
    Nervous about everything. Today I’m focused on how this is going to affect my relationships with family and friends. I don’t want to lose my sense of “self”. It’s been just me and hubby for so long. 

Not at the moment 

GTKY: what’s your favourite drink?
    light cheap beer. I am going to miss that so much this summer 😫
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6+1

Any new symptoms? *TW loss mentioned* Yesterday no symptoms other than mild breast tenderness. Mild dizziness on and off. Today nothing so far. I hear six weeks is when symptoms start to pick up. With my previous loss, I think I remember by breast tenderness was unbearable about six weeks, but I never had nausea with that pregnancy, so Im not looking forward to that getting worse.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? My first u/s is 4/8. Im very anxious as the only other ultrasound we had in a prior pregnancy told us our baby didnt have a heartbeat. I panic at every lack of symptom.

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? Everything makes me nervous. Im looking forward to getting past the first us and seeing a heart beat, to getting past 10 weeks which is the longest I have been pregnant. I dont think the nerves or anxiety will ever stop though. After going through multiple losses, infertility and IVF and this being our only embryo, Im constantly waiting for the bad news.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? @cd1122 I am having an early ultrasound at almost 7 weeks, but I did IVF and have had multiple losses. With my first pregnancy I didnt have one until almost 9 weeks. My sister used a midwife and they typically didnt do one until 20 weeks, but ended up doing one at 12 weeks because they had a hard time detecting a heart beat with a doppler. I think it depends on your midwife/doctor.

GTKY: what’s your favourite drink? Im a huge WINO! I actually havent missed it too much so far, but its my birthday Monday and I found a pretty decent alcohol free rose that makes me feel included in the birthday celebrations. 
  • Options
    @mkp0903 those peakaboo/sneak peek things. I completely understand the NIPT and why those are important. I guess it's all the extras that I get a little annoyed/overwhelmed with and wondered if they actually made people less anxious. 
  • Options
    @cdbaldwin09 those sneak peak tests are purely personal preference. I know that I don’t like being surprised so it would ease my anxiety. My neighbor was very much Team Green. Her thoughts were that she didn’t have a strong preference for a boy or girl (she had always wanted a little girl and already had one), she told me that for her, she felt like she might feel disappointed if she found out early, and she didn’t think that was fair. But if she found out when the baby was here, there’s no way she’d be disappointed since she would already be in love. I admire that but I can’t do it. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7+1

Any new symptoms? I feel like my skin is tingling, like something is crawling on me. It's not nice at night! Other than that the usual culprits.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Wednesday 14 April is my first appointment! 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? Feeling energy again. I miss working out. I currently have no energy to do so.

GTKY: what’s your favourite drink? It used to be champagne now anything alcoholic makes me sick 🤢 I guess nice, cold water. Or Ribena (a British thing) if I can get it!
  • Options
    @cd1122 Most common (at least in the US) is the 12-week dating scan and the 20-week anatomy scan. More may be scheduled if there's something being monitored (I had extra with my first pregnancy because I had a low lying placenta and then also polyhydramnios or extra fluid)
    @cdbaldwin09 I wouldn't count on more scans being helpful for anxiety. It can be, I suppose. But in my case, more scans ended up showing more potential 'problems' and I ended up having more anxiety over my last pregnancy because I had these new terms to Google and fret over and all ended up resolving themselves by delivery anyway.