October 2021 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 3/31

What has you saying WTF today?

(imagine a silly GIF or meme here)

Re: WTF Wednesday 3/31

• Options
    We have 2 employees out until they get a negative COVID test results. One received his neg this afternoon. I had to convince the director of HR that is was unreasonable to require him to drive 30 minutes or more to come in for just over an hour of work. WTF, man? I'd get it if it was 3+ hours, but nobody is going to be productive after being forced to drive an hour round trip to put in only an hour of work. 

Also WTF to our new company policy, if you call in sick with any COVID symptoms, you have to present a negative COVID test before returning to work. I get it, we have a small office and one person could take out our entire department which would cripple the company, but almost every reason for calling in sick is a COVID symptom. I really hope none of my employees have seasonal allergies. 
  • Options
    My MIL has me saying "WTF"

She's constantly making passive aggressive comments. We have been doing only outside visits during the pandemic, because DD is in daycare and exposed to germs, and my in-laws are older, not in great health, and high risk if they got covid. But instead of recognizing that we're trying to keep THEM safe, MIL likes to think this is somehow a personal attack against them. Today she asked when she'll be "allowed" in our house again. 🙄
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds like my MIL 🙄 so annoying! 
  • Options
    My wtf is my sister!!
    Supppsedly because "cases are going up" she can no longer come to Easter because we live in NY and she lives 2 hrs away in CT. Mind you, my entire family is vaccinated besides my 3.5 DS and her 2 boys. 
    My son has been talking about seeing his cousins for 2 weeks  :'( I feel terrible for him! 
    She is completely ridiculous!!! They were here 3 weeks ago for our grandfathers funeral, and stayed 3 days!!
  • Options
    @aztecash as someone in HR that makes absolutely no sense, those policies are definitely WTF.
    @galentine that sounds like my mom!

My WTF is also HR related. I have had to cancel 2 temps because they refuse to wear the mask the right way. After days of coaching. We've been in this for a year! You can't have your mask dangle on your chin!
  • Options
    @gingermama46 these poicies are from the same woman who around this time last year offered to buy DH and me hazmat suits. She is a super-germaphobe and this past year has not been good for her anxiety. Also, if my 5yo can wear a mask all day at preschool, it really should not be that difficult for your temps.

@galentine I second the "that sounds like my mom" sentiment. She made a similar comment to me while she actively had COVID.

@demimondaine that's such a bummer! Can you do a picnic somewhere in between the two of you? Then it could be outside and socially distanced, but the cousins can still play and have a special day.