What’s your unpopular opinion?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: UO Thursday 3/25

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marbellie I completely agree!! I'm so relieved to see someone else who share's this opinion LOL. The show makes me so uncomfortable!

My UO is that olives are disgusting. If they're in a dish, I can pick out the flavor immediately and it's ruined for me. Blech!
  • Options
    @magsmcg11 more olives for me then! 😂 they actually sound really good now,  I'll have to add some to my grocery list
  • Options
    @magsmcg11 Give me all of the olives! And sauerkraut! And pickles!
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I just recently started getting Starbucks once a week instead of Dunkin's (I'm in Mass where Dunkin's is basically a religion) and I think Starbucks is amazing now 🙈 though I'll admit that I don't make coffee at home to know if I can make it better
  • Options
    @magsmcg11 I'm SO with you! My husband is half Greek and makes fun of the fact that if an olive has so much as touched my food, I can't eat that part of the food because it's been tainted and the flavor of olive juice simply cannot be removed.
    Related, my UO is I hate mushrooms. I've given several kinds of mushrooms in several different types of dishes a try and I just find both the texture and flavor so repulsive. I've had someone try to tell me that mushrooms don't have much flavor; they take on the flavor of the dish they are in. I've also heard they can taste like meat. Um, strongly disagree. All mushrooms I've ever had taste like how I imagine dirty socks to taste like and I can identify even tiny pieces in a flavorful soup dish.
  • Options
    While on the topic of food, I really don’t like tomato based dishes (like most pasta dishes) and prefer less sauce on pizza or a different sauce base altogether. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    marbellie said:
    While on the topic of food, I really don’t like tomato based dishes (like most pasta dishes) and prefer less sauce on pizza or a different sauce base altogether. 

Girl, same. 
  • Options
    Continuing the sauce/ food opinions: I'm not a huge fan of gravy or sauce on meat. About the only exception is BBQ chicken. I hate steak sauce, I hate burgers that are dripping wet with sauce. I think it's a texture thing more than anything 😆

I just want a nicely cooked, well seasoned,  cut of meat with no gross sauce to cover it up.  
  • Options
    @mayoduck I’m with you on the mushrooms. I can only ever taste dirt. It’s hard because I’m not much of a meat eater, and the vegetarian option often has mushrooms. No, thanks. 

@jackie_dunny I don’t mind tomato sauces as long as there aren’t any large tomato chunks. I really can’t stand warm tomatoes. I like them cold fine. I also hate sundried tomatoes, but that’s more of a texture thing. 

I’m gonna go the other way on the olive thing, though. I love them. Snacked on some today (thanks, Trader Joe’s, for the individual olive snack packs!). 
  • Options
    @mkp0903 yes! I love fresh tomatoes but don’t like them cooked. Don’t get me wrong. I still eat tomato based dishes but if I had the option I’d rather eat something else lol MH is the opposite. Loves cooked tomatoes and hates fresh tomatoes 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    GIMME ALL THE TOMATOES
  • Options
    I'm going to be the odd one out here and say I'm not a coffee fan 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I don’t think I’ve ever met a food I didn’t like 🤭 I would maybe just prefer not to have mint chocolate if anything lol. Can’t wait for gardening season to get more fresh veg. 
    My UO: I have been enjoying staying at home through COVID. I still have to go to work, so maybe that’s why I don’t have cabin fever. But I LOVE being with my dogs and my husband (and extremely close family at separate times, rarely). I don’t miss restaurants, shopping, concerts, really anything in groups 😬. 
    Edited: besides ball hockey 😂 I forgot how much I miss ball hockey 
  • Options
    @kbonita285 I’m with you! Coffee? Blech 😝
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    mayoduck said:
    Introvert here too! I enjoy spending more time at home. Definitely can relate to wanting your husband to leave the house so you can enjoy some home time *alone*. Luckily, my husband has a bachelor party next week (he's been quarantining himself in prep) so he'll be out of the house for a few days and yeah, I took a day off work so I can really wallow in being alone. I'm so excited!
    My husband is going on a work trip to Korea for 3 weeks and I am so excited to 1) be alone and 2) clean my house and it to stay clean for weeks!