September 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-in, 3/29 (9/16-9/30)

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Check-in, 3/29 (9/16-9/30)

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/16 15w4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an avocado

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I had a super long work day on Saturday, so I'm still tired from that!

Rants/Raves: 7 weeks until summer! Also I hate Mondays, and I can't wait to not feel super grouchy every Monday morning.

Questions:

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name? Oh goodness, I don't remember but it was dumb I'm sure.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20, 15 weeks today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: navel orange 🍊 

Upcoming appointments: next week Tuesday, 4/6

How are you feeling?: good! Exercise has been helping me feel more energized. I’m finally at a point where I don’t need greasy or high carb food to ease my nausea- fruit has never tasted so good! 

Rants/Raves: my school is on spring break this week! We planned a staycation at a local hotel so the kids can go swimming.

Questions: natm

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name?  Oh God, so embarrassing: AIM was sugarhigh218. I think I was 11 or 12 when I picked it and my older sister had just introduced me to the movie Empire Records and I loved that song that Renee Zellweger’s character sang at the end... I was so cool. I never had a MySpace page.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @Aerialmrs I hate mondays too, the worst.

@emjeve that’s a great spring break idea! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14w2d, 9/25

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: no idea 

Upcoming appointments: 4/2 reg OB appt, then I get a 4 week break from appts!

How are you feeling?: still nauseous but way less often, still exhausted, appetite way down which is nice

Rants/Raves: still no NIPT results

Questions:

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name? I don’t remember! Seems like decades ago...wait it was decades ago.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13W6D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon

Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday!

How are you feeling?: great - I am in the "I do not feel pregnant" camp..and my 10 month old has STTN every night for last week (which hasn't happened in SO LONG) so I'm full of energy! 

Rants/Raves:
    We are finally getting our house painted at the end of this week! I'm so excited!!!! We moved in during the summer and it's 1980s yellow peeling paint, cracked walls, brown trim, and random wallpaper and hideous popcorn ceiling. We are getting everything fixed, re-textured, and painted as well as a few other cosmetic things changed (lights, bathroom mirrors, doors, hardware) and it's going to look so good! We also have some consultation with floor companies this week to get our floors done when the painting is finished! We will be living with my parents for the next few weeks while the work is getting done, but I'm beyond excited to have everything finished and our house actually look presentable. 

Questions: I think I've already asked in a previous thread..but I am just so stuck on picking a car...DH does not want a minivan (and I'm not sold on minivans in the snow...so I think I'm not super into the idea either) and we just can't decide if we want to do 3 across or get a 3 row SUV. My 5 year old is tiny and will be in a harnessed booster seat for at least 2 more years and we will have 2 rear facing for at least 3-4 years. All options just seem like a hassle...if we get a 3 row with bucket seats I will still have to crawl in between the seats (with rear facing carseats) to make sure DS1 is good to go. If we do 3 across how do you navigate getting kids in the car? Will a bucket seat fit over a carseat to get it into the middle? Who gets in first? I know tons of people do it..but is there a way that's not a PITA? A minivan seems like the only non PITA move...does anyone have minivan that regularly drives through snowy mountains? We do a lot of mountain sports/trips and do I need something that I will feel safe in driving through snow and ice in the mountains not just in the city. 

My aim screen name was deathofanation...I was a very edgy 8th grader. I can't for the life of me remember my MySpace name...
  • @emjeve enjoy your spring break! A hotel staycation sounds amazing!

@paulpaw so frustrating! I hope you get your NIPT results soon!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14+1, 9/26

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A playing card? That seems large to me lol

Upcoming appointments: April 16? I think? 

How are you feeling?: I thought I was catching a little more energy but I’m still wiped. Lots of RLP. Less nauseous but more just not hungry for anything.

Rants/Raves: I’m really losing my mind over the unexpected shorter time we have to list our house. Bring home alone with kida while trying to declutter is near impossible.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name?  I don’t remember but I can guarantee it was something nerdy 😂 

@aerialmrs I can’t wait for the warmer weather! We had another tease day this week and I got sunburn from the amount of time we spent outside. Sunscreen didn’t even cross my mind 😂

@emjeve have fun!

@paulpaw hopefully your results come in soon! 

@chewie5990 yay for a fixed up house! I am also kinda stumped on the vehicle department- following to hear responses! I’m leaning towards bucket seats so the kids aren’t next to each other slapping the crap out of each other but idk 
  • @chewie5990 Congrats on getting house stuff done, it feels so good! I vote 3rd row, you won't regret it! You could get one with 3 seats in the second row instead of bucket seats if you want, even. I have a Highlander with the 3rd row, and only 1 kid right now. I barely ever use the 3rd row for seats, but I like to have it available when I need it (and I like knowing it's there for future carpooling), and the extra trunk space when the 3rd row is down is very useful!!
  • @Aerialmrs I guess my hesitation is...if I'm putting 3 across and always have the 3rd row down...why not just get a 2 row with extra trunk space - the trunk space in the Jeep Grand Cherokee is very tempting...but it is a good point about having extra seats in case of guest or friends...and if I'm going to squeeze 3 across we also need to buy all new carseats since ours (britax and graco extend2fit) are not slimfit seats and don't seem to fit 3 across in any vehicle from my research, so we are looking at around $1000 extra in carseats.  

I like the idea of bucket seats for more mobility...but that means never having the 3rd row completely down and 3 row SUVs have teeny tiny trunk space without the 3rd row down..I could always have half the 3rd row down though...We aren't buying until the summer, but I need to get DS1 a harness booster seat probably by the end of this month since DS2 is outgrowing his infant seat and needs to move into DS1's convertible seat. So I want to make sure that I buy a carseat that will work with whatever car we choose...We are going to look at car next weekend hopefully and I can get a better picture..
  • babybelugacobabybelugaco member
    edited March 2021
    @chewie5990 we're window shopping for minivan/SUVs too and I've been eyeballing the Chevy Traverse LT hard-core. It's basically got the same setup as a minivan with the captains seats in the first row and the third row. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    9/25 or 10/2 depending on which US you go with 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Pokémon card

Upcoming appointments:
    April 19th for the spina bifida testing 

How are you feeling?:
    Overall much better than my first pregnancy! Have some days with gross nausea but no puking! 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant...stupid BIL STILL HAS NOT MOVED OUT. I told my husband he's gotta go sooner than later and absolutely out by June. I know he's looked at places online but has made zero effort AFAIK to actually go look at anything. Which, for someone who was saying moving in April was possible...not promising whatsoever.
    Rave...in 2 weekends we're going on a weekend getaway and I am stoked! We booked a hotel room with a jacuzzi tub that I can actually soak in comfortably. 

Questions:
    None

Chandyree08 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  9/23 14w 5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peach 

Upcoming appointments: hopefully this week 

How are you feeling?: I’m over getting the nausea! Like beyond over. My first kid I was sick the entire time but I cannot do that again.

Rants/Raves: my insurance is all jacked up and got cancelled and I’ve been fighting this for 3 weeks now. I’m hoping tomorrow it’s fixed!

Questions:

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name? Butterball98 - my brother was pure evil and that was the only name he’d create for me!
  • @chewie5990 I love fresh paint! It’s like having a brand new house to decorate. 

@whatabout2ndbreakfast we did a sell/purchase last summer. The shorter timeframe might help because it’ll be over faster!

@babybelugaco enjoy your getaway! Hope BIL moves out as promised, my brother stayed with us a few years ago and a week was too long. 

@arrowmama the whole time?? Let’s assume gone by 16 weeks, I read that somewhere.

@runningonindie hoping your quarantine flies by symptom free 
  • @babybelugaco aw I hope he's out soon so you can relax and start preparing for baby.

@runningonindie that sounds so stressful! I hope you all remain negative and your brother recuperate quickly. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: hubba Bubba tape

Upcoming appointments: maternal fetal medicine scan April 6

How are you feeling?: mostly OK!

Rants/Raves: Rave: baby is probably gonna make it! Also, I started working for DH today to put in hours for maternity leave (he owns his own small company).  I literally would have done it for free but we  both win this way, haha!  Also, my OB said I can be on more of an active bedrest instead of no walking at all. I'm so happy!

Questions:

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name? What is AIM? Not sure of my MySpace name although I know I had one 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21/9, 15 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a magic 8 ball

Upcoming appointments: I need to call my 18 week MW appointment, but my anatomy scan is on April 29 I think

How are you feeling?: I'm alright. Tired of the brain fog, and my inability to stay awake during a movie or show with DH after the kids go to bed but otherwise feeling okay.

Rants/Raves: Not really. 

Questions: Canadian mama's, any recommendations on where to find good maternity activewear leggings that are super comfy, no show, and budget friendly? Also stretchy denim shorts? I prefer full panel.

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name? I never had AIM and my memory is terrible, I have no idea what my MySpace name was. Probably something real "edgy" and dumb 😂
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14+1 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a peach

Upcoming appointments: 4/16 spina bifida screening

How are you feeling?: Ok.  I still have waves of morning sickness in the evenings after dinner. Mostly though, I am struggling with being exhausted all the time. I'm always out of breath too. We're trying to clear out our basement to build an extra bedroom, and it's taking FOREVER because I can only do a little at a time. 

Rants/Raves:  so happy that my NIPT results came quicker than I thought. And so happy, above everything, that the genetic screenings all came back normal. What a sigh of relief!

Questions: is anyone else struggling with an extremely itchy belly? These over the belly maternity pants make the itching so much worse too! My husband has been laughing at me because Im constantly scratching like Im an old man with a beer belly.

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name?    This one is embarrassing. Krispy6372. I made it during my rebellious stoner years and thought I was so cool 🙄.  I only remember because I still have an email address with that name, which I use as my spam mail folder now lol.   Years ago, we had an email outage at work and a client had to send me some documents urgently. Well I had to rattle that email address off on the phone (my client totally laughed out loud at me, and I got alot of crap from my co-workers). I made a new, more professional email address that day.
  • @kissyfir1586 you mentioning the itchy belly brought me back to my first pregnancy - I was itchy ALL THE TIME. This time I haven’t experienced that yet so my guess is that my poor skin is already stretched out and I’m not feeling that stretching as much LOL. I used to complain of this constantly. I even wrote about it in one of my weekly bump posts. It was such a prominent pregnancy thing for me with Indie and now.... nada! 
  • @paulpaw the wait for results is awful! Hope yours come soon! When was your blood draw?

@chewie5990 also team third row. You may not need it right now but if you decide to keep the vehicle for a while, I promise you'll use it!

@arrowmama so sorry you're still dealing with the nausea too. Is it all day for you? 
  • @runningonindie omg it's driving me insane! Do you remember if you were able to remedy it somehow the last time? Im going to try putting some lotions or something on, but I'm thinking that might just make it worse.  Glad you don't have it now!
  • @Aerialmrs I will look forward to your count down to summer each week  :D 
    @emjeve enjoy your stacation! I have been thinking about doing that with DS for a night at a local waterpark but after our hotel stay last weekend that seems like the worst idea. 
    @paulpaw hope you get your NIPT results soon! FX!
    @chewie5990 I love my VW Atlas. We went with the second row instead of captains chairs because it has car seat safe tilt on the two end seats in the middle row. You can tilt the seat forward with a car seat installed so someone can craw in the back. You might have to teach your older kiddo to buckle themselves or switch them to the belt vs the harness, which I think you could do with still having a high back booster. 
    @babybelugaco your weekend getaway sounds amazing! I took a bath in our tub the other day (the only one we have that DS uses every night so it's filled with his toys) and I nearly overflowed it. 
    @arrowmama did you have HG the first time?
    @runningonindie I hope this week flies for you and your results are negative. I know people who have been in the same house with people with COVID and not gotten it so there's hope!
    @sleepydaze glad you can have a more active bedrest. Which sounds kind of like an oxymoron but good news none the less!
    @CanadianGamerMom wild that you already have your anatomy scan booked! I have to wait for the MFM to contact me to schedule mine. 
    @kissyfir1586 I am out of breath all the time too. I read that it's not just your baby taking up space but that increased progesterone decreases your lung compacity.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/18 15+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: hass avocado

Upcoming appointments: 16 wk on 4/8 

How are you feeling?: I still have some nausea some days but not as much. I'm not feeling any movement yet but that's not surprising since I have been told my uterus tilts back but it makes me anxious. I can't fall asleep at night because I'm playing it out in my mind that I go to my next appointment and there's no heart beat. I have thought about getting a doppler but the aforementioned tiled back uterus makes me think I wont be able to find the HB and hence will have more anxiety. 

Rants/Raves: Last weekend's travel for my step brothers wedding was awful. DS is not flexible with sleeping other places than his own bed. He doesn't do well when he is off his schedule and routine. I tried to be as laid back and go with the flow as possible but he still was just not having it. My IL's are coming this weekend for Easter and it's going to be beautiful weather so I went a little overboard with DS's basket and egg's for a hunt. Last year we got about 10 inches of snow on Easter and this year is supposed to be over 70!

Questions: natm

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name? kerplunk something or other. The ker were my initials and kerplunk was a Green Day album
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ At some point when the number gets less depressing, I'll switch to counting down by number of DAYS!
  • @babybelugaco I haven't looked much at the Traverse - I'll need to check it out!

@krash_ my brother and SIL have a VW Atlas and they love it! It's definitely on our list. DS1 is only 34 pounds at 5 years old and I don't feel comfortable with him not harnessed until he's at least 45-50 pounds which seems like it won't happen anytime soon. He can buckle himself and pull his straps tight, but struggles with unbuckling - but we can probably work on it with practice. 
  • @kissyfir1586 I just lotioned up a LOT! Like 3x a day!!!!! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15 + 6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: dill pickle

Upcoming appointments: I have to set up another blood test to recheck my thyroid, then possible an appointment with an endocrinologist, still waiting on my OB to set up my first appointment.  If I don't hear from my OB in 2 weeks I have to make another appointment with my family doctor.  Quite the runaround. 

How are you feeling?: I:m feeling pretty good.  Working and being outside and working has definitely helped with all of the fatigue I was feeling.  

Rants/Raves: my ride-on spreader broke on Monday and wasn't spreading fertilizer so I ended up walking the 4 acres of grass I had to treat.  I would also like to preface that I my boss didn't make me do it, I didn't even tell them it broke until I got back at the end of the day.  It was fixed that evening and is now up and running again. 

Questions: 2nd time moms, what are you Easter plans for your little ones as opposed to what you would normally have planned before Covid. 

GTKY: What was your AIM screen name or MySpace name? I can't remember but it was probably just my name.  I have a relatively uncommon name so it has literally never been taken when I sign up for stuff.
  • Whoops I posted on the wrong one. 
  • @CanadianGamerMom I feel like we are pretty stuck for maternity clothing choices this time around. I loved my cotton Old Navy leggings from years ago but this round they seem to fit long and tight.  You might end up having to look at US sites. I think Motherhood Maternity had free shipping to Canada if you spent over a certain amount (maybe $75?).
  • @deziraywatt our Easter plans are honestly pretty much the exact same. We are going to church (our church still requires reservations and strictly enforces masks, so people are socially distanced, wearing masks, and we feel comfortable going. After church we are going to my parents house with my 2 brothers and their families and grilling, coloring eggs, and doing an easter egg hunt. 

Last year it was just us and still just did an easter egg hunt with just DS and colored eggs, made easter treats. 
  • @deziraywatt we haven’t been going to church because nobody wears masks :/ our big family get together isn’t happening again this year so we’re getting together at my moms with just immediate family. It’s my sons 3rd birthday Tuesday so it’ll be traditional Easter dinner with cake. We did do an outside egg hunt which we don’t usually do, and I remembered why we skip those. 😂
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast we've had one drive in church service since last year, other than that it's been closed. I miss going to church!
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast @sleepydaze we’ve been doing zoom church small groups instead of full services. It’s been nice for us since we moved here not long ago so we’ve gotten to know some people pretty well. But, with 2 kids causing mayhem it can be super hard to stay focused! Can’t wait until we can get back in the building and the kids can go to their activities lol 
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast I've been going to church only sporadically for that reason. Not alot of people at my church really follow the rules.

Regardless, we are going to church like normal this Easter. Since most of my family is fully vaccinated now, we're having a meal after church at my in-laws, then doing an egg hunt at my parents that evening.  I'm already bracing myself for what my MIL might be serving. She cannot cook to save her soul. Hope she doesn't try to serve up sugar free pie again this year 🤢
  • We weren't feeling great about our church before the pandemic and had stopped going regularly anyway. Then when the pandemic hit, they only closed for a couple of weeks and then didn't require masks upon reopening, so I will never return to that one or support it in any way. I think they have been highly irresponsible and I've been really disappointed with how they've handled things and rumors about how their pastors have handled themselves around town as well. We'll be searching for a new church once we're all fully vaccinated (kids included), and then I'll be super restrictive on only even trying out churches that required masks at the very least. 

So... no Easter Sunday service for us this year, we're getting together with one other family and having brunch outside in their backyard and then doing a small egg hunt with the kids. It'll be really small and chill.