1st Trimester
Options

BBT drop under coverline at 4 weeks pregnant?

Hi ladies, I got a positive prego test on Mother’s Day and have done blood work 3 times since then. 05/13 bHCG 89 prog 17
05/16 bHCG 285 prog 18.5
05/18 bHCG 520 prog 19.40
Im also temping still out of habit. My bbt has been fine and staying above the coverline up until a couple days ago. It was 98.54 on 05/18 then went down to 98.31 on 05/19 and it’s 98 this morning 05/20 which puts me below the coverline. I am now 4 weeks 3 days along. 
I have a history of a missed miscarriage two years ago and we’ve been trying since then. Can anyone share their experience? Have you ever dropped bbt under coverline and your baby is fine? There’s just so many scenarios going through my mind: chemical pregnancy, ectopic, another missed miscarriage..... I’m not due to go in for an ultrasound until June 4th. Very hopeful that this is a healthy baby and I can hold him/her in my arms in January! Thank you! 

Answers

• Options
    Hi ladies, I got a positive prego test on Mother’s Day and have done blood work 3 times since then. 05/13 bHCG 89 prog 17
    05/16 bHCG 285 prog 18.5
    05/18 bHCG 520 prog 19.40
    Im also temping still out of habit. My bbt has been fine and staying above the coverline up until a couple days ago. It was 98.54 on 05/18 then went down to 98.31 on 05/19 and it’s 98 this morning 05/20 which puts me below the coverline. I am now 4 weeks 3 days along. 
    I have a history of a missed miscarriage two years ago and we’ve been trying since then. Can anyone share their experience? Have you ever dropped bbt under coverline and your baby is fine? There’s just so many scenarios going through my mind: chemical pregnancy, ectopic, another missed miscarriage..... I’m not due to go in for an ultrasound until June 4th. Very hopeful that this is a healthy baby and I can hold him/her in my arms in January! Thank you! 
    I thought after a certain point, after conception your BBT regulates back to normal? Hope all goes well.  
  • Options
    My understanding is that it stays up when you get pregnant. It drops when you get your period. Hoping I’m wrong. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your BBT stays elevated above the coverline the entire pregnancy. It tends to drop closer to the coverline during second trimester but still doesn't go below the coverline. Dropping below coverline a few times here and there isn't anything to be concerned about but if it stays below the coverline that can be something to worry about. 

Can you call your OB and ask for more betas? That may put your mind at ease. 

You may want to stop temping if it will cause you anxiety. I had planned to temp through first trimester. Mainly because I have a Tempdrop and it is easy to just wear my sensor and record my temp. I had to stop after I got a few temps that dropped close to the coverline. I would have anxiety all day and my heart would race. 
  • Options
    I definitely worry about it due to my history and was planning to stop temping after I do an ultrasound. I’m supposed to do blood work again on Tuesday but I’ll see how my bbt is when I wake up tomorrow and make ask to do it tomorrow.
    As of now I have no symptoms, I mean I’m crampy here and there but it’s not bad, I just notice it.
    Also, with my missed miscarriage I never had any symptoms, just went to my first appt and there was no baby, the sack was empty. You can understand why I’m freaking out.... 
  • Options
    It isn't uncommon to not have symptoms at 4 weeks. That usually kicks in at week 5-7. Or you could be lucky and not have symptoms with this pregnancy. 

Hopefully you can get some more bloodwork ran and get some reassurance that everything is ok. 
  • Options
    Praying everything is fine. I meant that I don’t have symptoms of a miscarriage like bleeding or pain. I had some nausea in the past week, not so bad today though. 
    Really hoping I’m fine and have a healthy baby growing in my belly 
    When you’ve had dips, how long did they last for? Just a day and then your temp went up? Did you ever consult with your doc? 
    Thank you for all your help
  • Options
    Hi! I kind of have same story as you with previous miscarriages and noticed a continuing drop in my BBT (I’m 4 weeks today - found out I was pregnant 4 days ago). Can I ask how your pregnancy turned out? Hoping all is well momma. 
  • Options
    @llsuhad7 the OP posted this on May of 2019 and never came back.  Her last day on TB was May of 2019.  
  • Options
    face would GIF
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    annehallezannehallez Newbie
    edited April 2023
    Same story here! Hoping everything turned out fine with your pregnancy? Have just been googling 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    Um this post is a zombie post that was resurrected and is now resurrected a 2nd time.