November 2021 Moms

STM+ Check-in 3/20

How far along are you? 

Any new symptoms?

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are you into?

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: STM+ Check-in 3/20

• How far along are you? 4+4 ish

Any new symptoms? Nope

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? I wish... I meant to call my OBGYN's office yesterday to at least schedule one for 8 weeks, but I forgot

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 17 month old DS

How are your other kids doing this week? DS started at a daycare school 3 weeks ago and he's been doing so well! I was really anxious at the thought because covid and also we've never put him in care before, but he's definitely being challenged and played with more there. He eats even vegetables and naps for 2+ hours each day there

Concerns/Questions: he'll be 2 and 1 month by the time this new baby comes. What have moms with this gap thought about the adjustment for the family?

GTKY: What shows are you into? Anything that trashy reality (actually not KUWTK...I don't like the rich trashy reality shows)
  • How far along are you? 4w5d

Any new symptoms? Just cramping this week

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Not until mid April for my first appointment at 8 weeks  

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  I have 3 kids, almost 8, 6, and 3

How are your other kids doing this week? Great, older two are in school in person full time. We haven’t told them about the baby yet  plan on telling them next month after first appointment   

Concerns/Questions: I am really nervous and anxious about this pregnancy. I’ll feel better once I see a heartbeat  

GTKY: What shows are you into? I don’t watch a ton of TV. I prefer to read. But Greys Anatomy and 9-1-1 are ones I watch every week. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy first day of Spring everyone! I am READY to say goodbye to Winter!

How far along are you? 6w+5d

Any new symptoms? No symptoms, just tired.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Nothing soon.

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2-year-old

How are your other kids doing this week? Oof, nothing but a ball of energy and I've been draaagging to keep up.

Concerns/Questions: Nothing right now.

GTKY: What shows are you into? Super late to the party but I just started watching Schitt's Creek. It's the perfect light-hearted nonsense for my late evening wind down time.

• sthlm_21sthlm_21 member
    edited March 2021

How far along are you? In the 8th week

Any new symptoms?lack of motivation, don’t know what is causing that. Light sensitivity, didn’t have it this early last pregnancy 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? First appointment next Thursday 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? One girl who turns 2 in 10 days

How are your other kids doing this week? We have been battling a flu and are quite worn out  we hope we can go back to work and she to preschool on Monday 

Concerns/Questions: I want to wean ASAP as pregnancy symptoms + bf are killing me. Been unsuccessful for the three months I’ve been trying to. And hubby is not proactive in helping to wean  

GTKY: I was watching superstore until maybe January. Haven’t had the mojo to sit up in front of the tv

• How far along are you? 6w6d

Any new symptoms? Still nauseous constantly and everything smells horrendous. I’m dying over here 🤢

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 3/29 for gender blood draw and 4/1 for first dr appt. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 son, he turned 1 in February.  

How are your other kids doing this week? He’s just a mischievous ball of energy recently, which doesn’t help my nausea and exhaustion 🙃

GTKY: What shows are you into? Greys Anatomy, This is Us

• How far along are you? 6w1d

Any new symptoms? Nausea has officially started for me. I haven’t thrown up yet, but I came very close this morning. I only vomited twice with my first, so hoping to repeat or do better this time around.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Next US appointment with RE is Thursday

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? Son 3yo

How are your other kids doing this week? He’s his normal crazy self. He’s very independent by nature, so I’ve been trying to get him to do more things (get dressed, use the potty, get snacks, etc) by himself for when baby comes. He is loving it.

Concerns/Questions: No questions or major concerns right now. 

GTKY: What shows are you into? I’m just getting around to Schitt’s Creek, almost finished with the 5th season. My husband is into the Marvel stuff, so we watched Wanda Vision and he’s very excited for the new one (the name escapes me at the moment). I guess it just started but we’re going to watch it tonight. If I’m on my own, I like true crime documentaries. 

• How far along are you? I'm not sure, I'm confused about what day I change weeks. I think I might be almost 6 weeks.

Any new symptoms? no symptoms

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? No appointment. I have a phone appointment coming up, but not much is going to happen over the phone.

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? boy almost 5, girl almost 2.

How are your other kids doing this week? Crazy as usual! Maybe they are getting along slightly better than last week.

Concerns/Questions: NA

GTKY: What shows are you into? Hell's Kitchen right now. I'm re-watching Little House on the Prairie too.

• How far along are you? 5 + 2

Any new symptoms? Some slight varicose veins. Yay for being a 4th time mom 😂

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? April 14th

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3 girls 5, 3, 1

How are your other kids doing this week? My 5 and 3 year old have been at each other’s throats. So, that’s fun. 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are you into? I have finally talked my husband into watching The Good Place so we’re binging that whenever we get the chance.

• How far along are you? 6+3

Any new symptoms? I've been nauseous the past week which I didn't have with my first two but started taking B6 and unisom yesterday and actually woke up feeling decent... hoping it continues to work!

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Ultrasound #3 on Thursday to see the heartbeats

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 5 year old girl and almost 3 year old boy

How are your other kids doing this week?  Pretty good. Taking my daughter to a makeup horseback riding lesson today since we had to skip Friday from my grandmothers funeral. My son normally has hippotherapy (physical therapy on horseback) on the weekends too but it was cancelled this weekend.

Concerns/Questions: for any moms with 3+ kids, what car do you have and why do you love/hate it? Thinking we'll need something new to fit a booster, convertible and 2 infant seats

GTKY: What shows are you into? Grey anatomy.... was totally a blubbering mess during last weeks episode. Pregnancy hormones in full force

• @marbellie my first two are two years and one week apart. I won’t lie it was exhausting. I followed the advice of, “never blame anything on the baby“ and it helped TONS. So never say anything like, “ I can’t right now because I’m feeding the baby“. Instead I would say, “yes! Let me finish (something not baby related) first”. Or I’d unlatch the baby and go get it. Lots of sitting on the floor and play while taking care of baby etc. This helped my toddler not resent the baby. They are 7 and 5 now and best friends. 

@kbonita285 we have a 2018 Honda Odyssey and love it! The sliding seats are a life saver and with twins would be even better because your order two could get in the third row super easily without climbing under rear facing car seats. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 5+2

Any new symptoms? Nope. thankfully I have never really had any symptoms FX it stays that way. 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? None so far. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3. They are 7, 5, and 3

How are your other kids doing this week? Good! No news is good these days 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are you into? I never really have time for TV anymore haha. Sometimes I put on Gilmore Girls for background noise 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Starynightsky24 thanks for the advice! I'll try to do that too. And oh looks like we're due date buddies! I'm 5+2 now based on Ovulation, though we'll see what the dating scan says
  • So... Starynightsky got me thinking... our current family car is a Highlander. If you only have two or three children I’d recommend it. It’s nice. However, if you’re going to need access to the third row I would not recommend it. You have to fold one of the second row seats down so, for us once baby arrives, we’d have to take out a car seat every time we were putting all of the kids in or out.

Does anyone have any suggestions for mom’s with 4+ kids? Like say, I lost my mind after this and decided to have two more. Would an Odyssey or Sienna still work well? Also, does anyone have any experience with the Buick Enclave? 
  • @doodleoodle My neighbors swear by their Chrysler Town & Country. I’ve been in it and driven it a few times, and I gotta say...that’s a dope mom-mobile. 
  • @doodleoodle I think once you’re in the 4+ kids range (especially still in car seats) you are looking at vans, maybe something like a Suburban. My friend is having twins this summer and they already have 4, although the oldest is driving, so she just got a Sienna with the added seat in the middle row so that it seats 8. My husband and both have 3 row SUVs and neither would be very convenient for more than 2 car seats. 
  • mkp0903 said:
    @doodleoodle I think once you’re in the 4+ kids range (especially still in car seats) you are looking at vans, maybe something like a Suburban. My friend is having twins this summer and they already have 4, although the oldest is driving, so she just got a Sienna with the added seat in the middle row so that it seats 8. My husband and both have 3 row SUVs and neither would be very convenient for more than 2 car seats. 
    This will be our 4th. The oldest is in a booster and will be for awhile. I was hoping there was some alternative to the mini van or the huge SUV. I think I’m going to have to bite the bullet and get a mini van though. 
  • mkp0903mkp0903 member
    edited March 2021
    @doodleoodle for what it’s worth, her Sienna is really nice 🤷🏻‍♀️

ETA-just remembered the wife of one of my partners at work drives a Ford Flex and I think they have 5 kids, two in boosters still. I know she loves it. 
  • Minivans rock! They’re also better (ever so slightly) for the environment. 
  • Another pro for the minivan is that the trunk dips lower which makes putting big clunky strollers in the back so much easier. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’d hands down get a minivan over a huge suv. I was just hoping to avoid both 😂 looks like it’s the minivan for the win, y’all 
  • We have the highlander now and with 2 it's fine but there's no way I'll be able to do 2 in the 3rd row. My daughter is 5 and can do the convertible or booster by herself but my son needs help. My husband always swore he'd never do a minivan but now he's thinking that may be the best option with the amount of driving I do.
  • We have the highlander now and with 2 it's fine but there's no way I'll be able to do 2 in the 3rd row. My daughter is 5 and can do the convertible or booster by herself but my son needs help. My husband always swore he'd never do a minivan but now he's thinking that may be the best option with the amount of driving I do.
    The third row doesn’t have tether anchors either and such little leg space that I don’t even know how a 5 year old would fit back there comfortably 
  • We got a Honda Odyssey last year, and while I don’t necessarily feel cool driving it, I love the convenience! With two little ones, the automatic doors and trunk are amazing. My four year old and get in and out all by himself and there’s a ton of trunk space! We are currently debating whether to squeeze three across when baby comes or send the big guy to the third row. 
  • @mammametime question on the odyssey... do the middle seats slide forward? I'm curious if I could do a convertible and 2 infant seats three across and then slide a seat forward for my daughter to climb in back (versus tilting forward since a car seat would be in the seat).... or would I need to do 2 and 2?
  • How far along are you? 5+4 by LMP but 5+1 by ovulation

Any new symptoms? Only symptoms is fatigue and my hair has turned into a knotty unruly mess (I have a feeling this one is a boy since the symptoms mirror my son’s pregnancy while I was sick before I even tested or missed my period with my daughter)

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? I had an ultrasound today due to a previous ectopic in Dec and we saw a perfectly located gestational sac so I’m currently feeling really great. I go back on the 7th to hopefully see a heartbeat 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I have 2 sons who are 6.5 & 4 and a daughter who will be 2 in May 

How are your other kids doing this week? My middle son just started back to school 4 days a week (had been going 2 in school and the rest distance) so I’m super excited. My youngest is getting sassier as the days go by. We were getting concerned about her speech but the last few months her speech has exploded but “no” still seems to be her favorite thing to say.

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are you into? I just finished watching Georgia and Ginny. My fiancé is going to working nights so I’m sure to be binging a lot in the next 4 weeks

• @kbonita285 I have 3 in a Traverse with captains chairs and we are discussing getting the biggest Ford extra length SUV (can’t remember the name right now...thanks mom brain) because once we add baby’s seat we aren’t sure how the set up will work. Currently we have one RF convertible, 1 forward facing convertible and then a booster. We discussed minivans but we like to road trip and right now we can barely fit our double stroller in the trunk of the traverse so we don’t think storage wise minivans will be any better but I love the thought of power sliding doors that I don’t have to worry about my bigs hitting other cars in parking lots with. 
  • How far along are you? 7w today!

Any new symptoms? nothing new, really..very tired and the food aversions and cravings are serious this time!

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? I'm going to call this week to schedule my 1st appointment with my OB 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 5 year old boy! He's awesome :)

How are your other kids doing this week? he had a rough week at school and has been kinda clingy to me. But ill always take the extra snuggles!

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are you into? i just finished behind her eyes on netflix and now im looking for something else! Also stranger things, the boys, and superstore

• @sonoshark88 I just binged The One on Netflix, which you’d probably like based off what you listed 👍🏼
  • @sliztee oooooo I’ll check it out, thank you!!
  • mammametimemammametime member
    edited March 2021
    @kbonita285 The 2nd row seats in the Odyssey can slide side to side if you take the middle one out, but I don’t think they go front to back. Pretty sure you’d need to do 2 in the second row and 2 in the third. 
  • @sonoshark88 Oh! If you have Prime, watch Tell Me Your Secrets. I super enjoyed that one. 
  • @cait32 we would go for an odyssey if we go the minivan route. We rented a town and country a few years ago for a trip and weren’t impressed with the storage and we only had 2 littles then but I will also admit we had a ton of stuff (we did 1 week in Disney and 1 week at a beach rental house)