Weekly Check-in 03.22

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it?

Re: Weekly Check-in 03.22

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12w 3 days Oct 1! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peach 

FTM/STM/TTM+: Baby number 3! 

Upcoming appointments: not for a few weeks, go back at 15 weeks 

How are you feeling?: finally coming out of the hole that is the first 12 weeks  

Rants/Raves: debating with DH about finding out the sex. Neither can decide  

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? I don’t know. Probably on something for the farm... maybe put it away for a hotel trip whenever Covid in Canada calms down. 🤷‍♀️

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9w 2 days, Oct 23

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cherry

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3rd baby!

Upcoming appointments: none this week.

How are you feeling?: awful. I hate this. I want to be done with pregnancy.  Is it October yet?!?!?!

Rants/Raves: See above! So.many have it worse than I do, but I'm freaking miserable. 

Questions:

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? Is probably hoard it away in savings to be honest. We want to move soon, so I'd love to have some cash to spare to spruce up the new place to my liking once it happens. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/24, 9+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a cherry!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Not until 4/12 for the NT scan. Also planning to have NIPT blood draw that week but probably a few days later. Having issues determining insurance coverage and NIPT has a discount program through LabCorp if not covered, so I  want to make sure the NT goes through insurance first. What a pain.

How are you feeling?: no symptoms really other than fatigue. I’ve had insomnia the past few days too which comes in bursts, so that doesn’t help the fatigue.

Rants/Raves: This is my last week of work before spring break!! We are visiting my MIL next week and planning to share our news then. We already told my parents, so we’ll tell the rest of our immediate family once MIL knows.

Questions: none

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? We are planning to replace our bedroom furniture (upgrade to a king size bed) and move our current furniture to our 1 empty bedroom that is currently my WFH office. I won’t need an office at home next year (we HOPE!), plus with the new baby coming it is a good time to have a bed in every room. $1000 won’t cover it though (planning to use our stimulus money!) but that could cover the new mattress! I want one that doesn’t shake the whole bed when my husband flops around all night long 🤣

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11w5d. EDD October 6th ❤️

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a macron cookie 🍪 

FTM/STM/TTM+: first time mama 😊

Upcoming appointments: my second appointment is this Friday, hoping to hear the heartbeat with a Doppler! 🥰

How are you feeling?: okay. I’ve noticed my nausea decreasing, and have started using Pepcid for my intense heartburn. Seems to be working way better than tums or maalox. I’ve been becoming increasingly dizzy, and struggle to stand for extended periods of time without getting really tired and lightheaded. My tummy is definitely swollen or bloated. Also my tailbone and lower back have been aching, I can tell things are moving around. 

Rants/Raves: been craving sushi, so hubby took us to my fave place yesterday and I got some delish cooked rolls! 🥰 rant, I’ve been super moody and emotional lately and am trying to watch my lippyness around DH Lolol 

Questions: thoughts on the 3 in 1 cribs? I saw one yesterday- bassinet, crib, and toddler bed. 

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? Oh gosh, probably spend it on baby stuff right now or save it up!! 

• Options
    @g_mama_2012, we can't decide if we want to know the sex either! I keep changing my mind. Last week I had decided with about 99% certainty I would try Team Green, but this week I'm wavering again. Ahhh! I am the most impatient person, I just don't think I can wait. What about you? Are you leaning one way or the other?

@vampirina, I know what you mean about just being ready for it to be over, even though others have it worse. I'm not nearly as sick as I was with my DD, but I still feel nauseous off and on all day long. It's as mentally draining as it is physically. I'm just tired of feeling like crap, and I feel guilty that my H and my DD aren't getting my best self.  :'( 

@grangerhp37, have fun telling all the family! Are you doing any kind of special reveal, or just telling people?

@madiirosee, I'm so sorry you are having tailbone issues already. I had horrible tailbone problems with my DD. Highly recommend getting a donut pillow for wherever you spend a lot of time sitting (office desk chair, the car if you have a long commute, etc.) The donut pillow helps a lot! Also in my non-medical opinion, I recommend getting regular massages. It did nothing to help my tailbone, but that kind of pain in the a$$ (pun intended, haha) means you deserve a treat. Massages, pedicures, etc. Whatever is your thing, I support it!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 27/ 8+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: gummy bear 

Upcoming appointments: apparently tomorrow now.

How are you feeling?: really long and stressful update in spoiler to save space.

So, with my spotting on Wednesday, they ran HCG labs since I was already going in. Those came back great at 177,000. My Wednesday labs also came back suspicious for a UTI (not surprising, I had 4 asymptomatic UTIs with my daughter, the last one landing me in the hospital for IV antibiotics). They called me about that on Friday saying they weren’t going to treat. I told them that wasn’t an option. They then spent all day coming up with a plan. I ended up having to race to my clinic to got a shot of antibiotics in my butt and put on a weeks worth of antibiotics after that. Great. Went in Saturday to repeat my HCG labs. They weren’t ordered. So had to leave to wait for them to order them and come back later in the evening to actually do them. Those results came back at 202,000. I thought awesome, they went up, spotting is just normal, baby is great. Well, they called me this morning saying my levels are unusually high and they want to do another ultrasound to make sure everything is okay. Dr. Google had some really scary things to say about that, including molar pregnancy (which I’m 99.99999% sure isn’t the case since I’ve already seen a baby and a heartbeat) but now they have me stressing for 24 hours waiting to see if everything really is okay. I’m freaking out and just general hate this. My first pregnancy was complicated enough. I thought I met a certain threshold of complications one person can experience. I just wanted a smooth and normal pregnancy. 😭

Rants/Raves: We moved DD into her new room this weekend and she loves it. Everything is the same except the location and wall color but she is pretty pumped and I think it’s so sweet! Rant to everything in the spoiler. 

Questions: prayers?

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? Responsible purchase: a mattress. Responsible investment: pay off a student loan. Frivolous spending: shopping spree! 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: guitar pick

Upcoming appointments: not until 4/9

How are you feeling?: Better than I have been. I feel like I had more energy this past weekend than I have in a long time!

Rants/Raves: @galentine sort of goes with your question, but raving about my vaccine appointment on Thursday - but then. But then the possibility of fever and still being in the first trimester is a bit scary. Though I know the risk of COVID during pregnancy is much worse so I know it'll all work out.

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? We're looking at new cars, so probably towards that or DS' college fund.

• Options
    @galentine - I'll be 15 weeks when I get mine. I specifically scheduled it for when I was out of 1st Tri, just in case I get a fever as a side effect. I would rather be in 3rd Tri (or deeper in 2nd) because I feel like any lasting benefits for my baby would be stronger later on. I haven't seen any conclusive studies on this, but basing it off how they do the Tdap. I would wait, but I think it's too important for me to put off for another 3 months.

@g_mama_2012 - If you are unsure, don't find out. You can always change your mind and find out later, but that does not work in reverse.

@madiirosee - we had a 2 in 1 crib to toddler bed (they call it 4 in 1 for day bed and full bed too) and it was great for us. I've never heard of a 3 in 1 with bassinet. I dont' think it wouldn't work well for us based on available space, but I like the idea.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/10, 11+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Bee hummingbird; he now has a sense of smell

Upcoming appointments: April 5th, then we are doing a boutique ultrasound so DH and DS can go. It sounds like most of my appointments will include an ultrasound since I'm high risk, so I'm looking forward to that.

How are you feeling?: Almost normal as long as I don't eat too much. 

Rants/Raves: I love my midwife! She emailed me the results of my NIPT at 6PM on Tuesday (within an hour of the report being available to her) and the report wasn't uploaded to the portal for me to view until 6AM on Thursday. Above and beyond what she needed to do, but she knew I was stressing about it. 

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? It would go into savings for a new house. If I had to spend it on something tangible though, it would be a shed and a doggy door.

• Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited March 2021
    @chindimples04, I'm so sorry to hear that the doctor had concerning things to say. Keeping you in my thoughts. I hope the appointment tomorrow goes well. 

@gingermama29, ooooh what cars are you guys considering? I've been toying with the idea of a new car, too. I like the Buick Enclave, but I'm wondering if I should test drive a minivan too, in case we end up going for baby #3. I feel like a van would be a requirement with 3 kids 😂

@aztecash, agreed - I wish I could wait and get the shot later so the baby would get more protection as well. But I think it's too important for me to get it sooner to protect myself. I'm tentatively waiting until I hit 2nd trimester, unless my doctor convinces me to get it sooner (which would not be a difficult task at this point).
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/19 9w6d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a really big cherry 🍒 

Upcoming appointments: March 25th for OB appointment: US, check-up and NIPT draw

How are you feeling?: the same. I’m still unable to keep much of anything down, I’m very dehydrated and just trying to make it through. I’m very tired of sticking myself with a needle in my abdomen every day; I’ve got little bruises and swelling all over.

Rants/Raves: I’m very thankful to have made it to this point.

TW

I had a MMC last year and the baby hadn’t grown past 8-9 weeks so I’m super grateful to have made it to this point.

My SO is driving me insane. I’m very irritable because I’m so sick and barely holding it together. I’m just finding myself so annoyed and it’s really hard to not be snippy. I need to try harder.

I just figured out I won’t get paid FMLA (I’m in California) because I’ve been on disability for HH since I got pregnant. I’m planning on trying to go back to work mid-April but by the time I deliver I won’t have enough hours accrued to get the benefit (1,250). I want to take this opportunity to get a different job and actually have applied a bunch of places and have an interview....but I also have Aflac hospital indemnity insurance and could get disability after delivery with my current. Conundrum 🤦🏼‍♀️

Questions: None!

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it?

I’d buy a secondhand Ergobaby 360 and swing and a new Maxi Cosi Mico AP infant seat.

• Options
    @galentine I found out I was pregnant in the 18 days between my first and second shot (Pfizer). So I didn’t have much choice, although I did check with my OB to make sure she still recommended I get the second shot. Also, we got DD a shirt that says Big Sister to announce to family, so we will do the same for my IL’s. I don’t even care if they don’t notice right away 🤣

@g_mama_2012 Did you find out the sex with your other kids? I personally felt like knowing the sex with my first helped me to connect with baby, at least to use pronouns instead of just “it”. But I’m trying to stick to mostly neutral baby things this time around anyway so it really doesn’t make a difference to me when we find out, other than just wanting to know!

@vampirina I’m sorry you’re so miserable. I hope second tri is an improvement in a few weeks!!

@madiirosee We have a convertible crib for my DD, but I don’t think we’ll be using the toddler bed part any time soon. The plan is for DD to move to her own room with the queen mattress that’s already in there (we will get a lower bed frame) and then baby will take over the crib. So I guess we will only use the toddler bed conversion for our last baby if we stick with that plan? Otherwise we’d end up buying multiple cribs.

@chindimples04 I’m sorry to hear about that stressful rollercoaster of emotions! I hope you can get a scan quickly and all is well.

@gingermama46 Glad to hear you’re feeling more energized!! The warmer weather is definitely helping me feel better.

@aztecash I’m glad you were able to get your NIPT results quickly!! 

@cait32 I will have to look into that mattress!! We’ve actually never bought a mattress as all of ours are hand me downs 🤣

@mac-n-cheese I hope your nausea subsided soon and that your US goes well this week!
  • Options
    @galentine I hope your OB appointment goes well. That’s exciting to finally have the first one!
    @chindimples04 I’m so very sorry you are dealing with the UTI, an incompetent lab order and the abnormal results. Hopefully everything check out great tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you.
    @aztecash that’s so exciting to have your NIPT results back already! It sounds like you have a wonderful midwife.
    @madiirosee I got a crib from PBK with my first and also bought the toddler rail. I wish I had gotten her a convertible crib that could go to a full size bed instead. It would’ve been much easier and cost effective especially since there is a significant gap between DD and my current pregnancy. I have a Halo bassinet from my first and am planning on reusing the crib and bassinet with this one.
    We built my DD one of those house frame beds that are so popular that will last awhile: she’s 5 and a petite 32 lbs!
    @grangerhp37 thank you for the well wishes. The support means so much to me!
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10w3d due 10/15

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: strawberry 🍓 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM I have a DS who will be 3 in May 

Upcoming appointments: 4/5 for my 12 week US and NT

How are you feeling?: nausea is slowly getting better but exhaustion is still raging. Also seasonal allergies starting up and I’m not about it 

Rants/Raves: We get our sneakpeek results back tomorrow 

Questions: what prenatal are you taking? 

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? I would probably go away for the weekend with the family somewhere 

• Options
    I'm praying for you & baby! 🙏❤ @chindimples04
  • Options
    mrsj1215mrsj1215 member
    edited March 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 5th 11w 6d 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a strawberry!

Upcoming appointments: I had one today & got my first ultrasound!! But I have an appointment tomorrow with midwives at a birthing center because I'm considering swapping to there!

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling okay! Really tired & still some nausea, food aversions & acid reflux.. it does seem to be easing up some though!

Rants/Raves: I got some baby stuff in the mail lately! Including a solly baby wrap! I didn't baby wear with my first & I'm excited about it! I also ordered some maternity overalls that I'm excited to get & hoping they don't disappoint me!

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? New kitchen counters or a bigger fence for our dog... or more baby stuff/ maternity clothes 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10w5d, October 15

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a prune

Upcoming appointments: I have one today!

How are you feeling?: Okay. Tired. A little nauseated, but nothing too bad.

Rants/Raves: really excited for my appointment today! I hope I get an ultrasound, but I will be happy just hearing the heartbeat.

Questions: any of you breastfeeding through pregnancy?

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? I'd save it or put it toward house repairs (boring!). Or maybe rent a beach house for a few days.

• Options
    @galentine @cait32 we're only really looking at one specific car - Honda Pilot. MIL has one and I am comfortable driving it. I currently drive a Honda CRV so we would prefer to stay in the Honda family as DH is comfortable working on them and we have a good relationship with the Honda Acura body shop and they don't jerk us around price wise. I love the Buick Enclaves and really like the GMC Yukons and Nissan Armadas too. I wouldn't mind a mini van but Pilot can also tow a decent amount with the proper tow hitch which is another plus.
  • Options
    @pizzaplz we're still breastfeeding before bed and in the morning. I'm pretty sure I want to wean him before the baby gets here.. it makes me kind of emotional & I just haven't even had the energy to start yet since I think it will disrupt bedtime at least for a little while.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 9th, 11+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lime!? That seems way too big 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM, DD turned 3 last weekend and DS is 4

Upcoming appointments: April 2

How are you feeling?: Good! I’ve discovered the key to not getting sick every evening is to not eat anything remotely heavy after 4. If I eat a salad for dinner or roasted veggies, I’m good. Which means I should put these chips and salsa away right now since it’s 4:15 😂

Rants/Raves: Rave! My daughters virtual 3rd birthday was so fun! She had a live puppet show and a lot of friends and family joined from all over the country and it was so fun! We also saw my ILs for the first time since December 2019 (minus a social distanced outdoor mask meeting for 30 minutes). They both have both doses now and we are very strict with taking covid precautions so decided to have them over. My kids were in absolute heaven to hug them and be near them. It was amazing. I feel so refreshed and reset. 

Questions: How do I get protein when all meat makes me sick and so do eggs? Before I always ate eggs and chicken, everyday, and I cannot stand those now or any meat at all. I need to have more protein in my life.

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? There’s obviously a lot of responsible things I could do with it :) but besides that kind of stuff, I would buy ALL the maternity active leggings from Old Navy 🤣🤣 in reality, this is my last baby and I should not spend much on maternity clothes I won’t be able to use again, but I want to!! I’m on the verge of getting a maternity swimsuit right now because I’ve never been pregnant in the summer!

• Options
    @galentine I got mine at 10+2 and will get my second dose when I’m 13+2.
  • Options
    @bcliffee1 Prenatals - I'm taking Garden of Life Mykind prenatals right now. My chiropractor recommended prenatals with folate instead of folic acid because it's natural and easier for your body to process. Not sure if that's true, but I can tell you that they are expensive. With DS I did Nature Made with DHA, and I'm going to switch back once I run out of my current supply.

@kitandcat Have you tried nuts? I know they won't be sufficient for your protien needs, but walnuts especially are a great source of protien and omega-3s. You could also try Ensure or other protien shakes. Ooh, and cheese. Good luck!
  • Options
    @kitandcat I’m vegetarian so here you go: beans and rice, Morningstar or other fake meat products (“breakfast sausage”, veggie burgers, “corn dogs”), cottage cheese, greek yogurt, protein powder in a smoothie, string cheese, peanut butter, protein bars (I like Quest), quinoa and the already-mentioned nuts!
  • Options
    @kitandcat I actually just bought some maternity stuff from SHEIN to try. Cheap but I did get a maternity swimsuit. I’ll keep you posted how it is when it comes in 

@madiirosee we got the 4 in 1 crib and love it! I haven’t heard of the 3 in 1 but we recently transitioned DS from his crib to toddler bed and it was super easy. Also cheaper to just have to purchase the side bar and not a whole new bed.
  • Options
    @kitandcat I had the same protein issue in my first pregnancy and my friend told me about Tempeh. So many ways to cook it and it was the only protein I pretty much lived off during that pregnancy. I’ll see if I can find some good recipes to send you 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 11+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A ping pong ball
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Next Monday
    How are you feeling?: Ok. Still gassy and tired. Getting impatient for the next round of appointments.
    Rants/Raves: I have to take a week of online training and it's killing me. We broke for a 30-minute lunch at 1 PM. 😒 And then I got to spend an hour-and-a-half after it was over catching up on email. Friday better come quick.
    Questions: None this week, I guess
    GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? Well, given my FTM answer above, we don't have ANY baby stuff, so hopefully that $1K turns up at some point 🙃
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/17, 10w3 days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: strawberry

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming appointments: NIPT tomorrow and check up next week

How are you feeling?: tired and hungry. And actually sick of being hungry haha I feel like I eat so much! Also started having random pains in my lower pelvis on one side. Seems early to have round ligament in pain.

Rants/Raves: rant: the place near me that does NT scans isn’t doing them because of covid. My hcg levels were at 133k at 6 weeks, which is pretty high. Had a scan and wasn’t molar but apparently the other thing it could be is Down syndrome. I’m kind of furious they aren’t doing the scans and my doctor gave me nowhere else to go. Said the NIPT test is basically the same. 

Questions:

GTKY: If you had $1000 burning a hole in your pocket, how would you spend it? A super nice stroller :)

• Options
    @Knottie39587547 my HCG levels have been high as well. My OB told me not to worry about it at all. And @cait32 is right. And NIPT is FAR more accurate than an NT scan. The extra sneak peek at babe is nice but blood work still reigns superior in this case. I actually opted for the genetic blood work this time around versus the NT ultrasound because it is more accurate (and you find out sex). 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers