Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 3/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 3/24

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, cm, cinnamon supplements

R/R: bah, 8am classes are not my favorite. At least I'm not working today, so I'm done after my 9:30 physics class. But boo because I have a test in that class. And boo because I have to go to the grocery store if we want to eat something other than cereal for dinner. Maybe I'll take a nap later.

CS/Q: nothing exciting at this point, hoping for O by CD 20 but not feeling super optimistic about that at the moment

• @fantasyflyte Do you usually ovulate on the later side?  Even CD20 is still pretty normal from my understanding, but I would maybe think about using some down time today to GDTPT?  I would hate to get caught off guard.  I have to try to get to the store today too somehow, just for one thing.  Maybe I'll try to do curbside?  I haven't figured it out yet.... GL on your physics exam!  How soon will you get your score back?
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: Testing...<div>
    </div><div>CD: 10</div><div>
    </div><div>WAYDTGKU: FET Prep. I bought keto strips since I think I'm going to try and make a point to ease my way back into a true low carb eating plan.  Just need to get past Easter as well, so we can start doing more meat again.</div><div>
    </div><div>R/R: I'm just still so tired lately.  And DH is too.  Usually I get up crazy early ahead of the rest of the house, but past few days I just can't. 😩 I have to go somewhere in the morning tho, so tomorrow I won't have a choice lol</div><div>
    </div><div>CS/Q: NATM</div>
  • @fantasyflyte oooh we're CD twins. Glad you're done after your physics class. Hope you're able to squeeze in a nap today!

@BusinessWife I feel ya on being so tired lately. Hopefully it'll be easier to get up early tomorrow.

Month/Cycle: 21/2 AL

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: NTNP, temping

R/R: Boo to the rain today. I was hoping to take my chorus outside for a walk like I did yesterday. I'm so ready for this week to be done and for spring break next week! The burn out at school is strong this year so a week away from it is much needed.

CS/Q: nope 
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: trying to remember prenatal vitamins, tracking, digital opks

R/R: ya'll! I got gifted an orchid for bosses day last year and it is about to bloom again! I'm actually pretty decent with houseplants (have a few that are well over 5 years old), but I have NEVER been able to get an orchid to bloom again!!! i'm so excited! 

CS/Q: 

@inthewoods23 speaking of cups, I take it that you like it? has anyone tried the thinx period undies? target carries them now. I spent the majority of the last almost 9 years without a period (thanks IUD, lol) but I feel semi lost on the alternative to tampons selection that has grown since then.

@gingermama29 the rain has me sooo sleepy

@BusinessWife I am also struggling in the morning, I am staying up WAY too late every night between getting in a workout and then reading. and then i sleep to last minute... it's amazing how quickly I can get out the door in the morning. 

@fantasyflyte a nap sounds lovely

• Oh no!  A leaky cup does not sound like a pleasant thing to wake up to! @inthewoods23. It's kinda grey here today too, boo.

@gingermama29 ah!  How did I forget you are a music teacher!??  I must have known that.  Gosh, I wish I had a choir.  I'm hoping we can move closer to church so I can start participating / assisting more with that.
  • @fantasyflyte I hear you on the 8am classes! I hated those when in university (and in fact I’m pretty sure I dropped at least one class because of that). Hopefully you can squeeze in a nap later today. 

@BusinessWife what are keto strips. And also; are you considering moving?

@gingermama29 walk with your chorus makes me think of the picnic from the Sound of Music. Am I imagining it correctly?

@inthewoods23 yay for not having to go to work! My work is talking about having ppl start to come back to the office in June and I’m not okay with that. 

@anniemarie887 tell me all your orchid secrets! Lol. I can’t even manage to keep an orchid alive for more than 2-3 weeks after I’ve received it. It just dries up on me. 

Month/Cycle: 15/15

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: double hybrid IUI protocol; vits and supps for MH and I!

R/R: IUI #1 this morning! Wooo!

CS/Q: too lazy to add

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• fantasyflytefantasyflyte member
    edited March 2021
    @BusinessWife I have PCOS and normally ovulate anywhere from CD28-35, usually around CD30. I'm taking cinnamon supplements and the first month I took them, I ovulated CD18, which totally took me by surprised and we completely missed the FW. Last cycle I seemed to be on track to ovulate around CD20, but had to take a week of prednisone, which pushed it back. This is my third cycle on the cinnamon supplements so I'm not totally sure what to expect, but I'm checking cm daily and OPKing EOD until I get more than a barely-there negative (my surge tends to be slow-building) OR fertile cm. Not entirely sure when I'll get my physics score back but I'm pretty confident I did well on it.
    @gingermama29 it's supposed to rain here later in the day, too. Yay for almost break though!
    @inthewoods23 boo to leaks but yay to not having to go in to work!
    @anniemarie887 oooh, that's awesome that it's blooming again! And I didn't know Target had the period undies, I wonder if they have them in plus sizes. Not sleeping with a towel over the bed during my period would be fantastic. ETA - if anyone else is wondering they have them from XS to 4x, but most of the plus sizes are sold out atm
  • @anniemarie887 that's exciting about your orchid yay! The cup has taken some time to get used to, but I am definitely liking it. After last night honestly the Thinx period undies might be a good idea to wear just at night! I use the Saalt brand cup that you can find at Target. I ended up later buying the softer silcone versions directly from the Saalt website because I kept having leaks and thought maybe the silicone was too rigid and that caused it to not seal properly. Turns out I likely wasn't inserting it properly. I started wiggling the stem around to help it unfold better and used a different fold technique for insertion that makes for a smoother process getting it in place. I think this is my 7th cycle using a cup now?

The only worry I have now is how I'll be handling it when I'm in the office. I always rinse the cup and my hands in the sink with water before I re-insert it so depending on which bathroom I'm using in our office, I may not be able to do that if I have to use a bathroom with stalls. Maybe I'm worrying too much because my brain still thinks I should check it every 6 hours. Once I'm over that I should be able to go a full work day without having to touch it at work.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @acleverusername They are just test strips to check your urine if you are actually in ketosis. 👍 I never used them before but I know people who have. Glad it went well this morning!

@anniemarie887 you are so good!  If I had gotten a workout and had time to read, then I would be gold! Lol morning is usually my time for that stuff so if I don't get up, it's pretty hard to make it happen throughout the day... :/ Great job with the orchid!  I had one of those re-bloom for me pretty spectacularly, and it's only now starting to fade...

@fantasyflyte ah, that makes sense.  Yes I was thinking like an early CD18 O could totally catch a girl off guard!  Hopefully you catch FW this cycle! 🤞🤞
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited March 2021
    @acleverusername honestly i think i just got good luck this time, i have always tried to put them in the sunniest spot and give them a small bit of water weekly. they have always shriveled up and died on me... until now! i do 

@fantasyflyte they do have a direct website which might have better stock, i haven't done a price comparison yet to see if target is better pricing.

@inthewoods23 i have a friend who uses and likes that brand, so glad to get a second endorsement. yea, the workplace or like public space and having to manage it would be confusing at first for sure. 

@BusinessWife i am a nicer person during the day if i work out in the morning tho, truth. i know myself lol. i'm just too tired, and i've created this cycle where i do it at night and then i'm too energized... so i read... and go to bed at midnight. le sigh.
  • @inthewoods23 oh no! A leaky cup sounds like a terrible way to wake up. Yay for not having to go to the office tomorrow!

@anniemarie887 oooh I love orchids! So exciting that it's blooming again!

@BusinessWife FX you can soon. It's been so tough this year because I can't rehearse them as a group. We meet in the cafeteria and it's mostly a study hall. I take small groups of 4-6 to my classroom to work on music (because that's all I can fit at 12 feet apart). I'm hoping the guidance changes to 6 feet soon for singing.

@acleverusername hahahaha no but that would've been awesome. We just took a walk around the school campus and back to enjoy the weather. No singing involved, sadly. Sending you all the positive thoughts and good vibes for your IUI today!! Crossing everything! 
  • @gingermama29 I am loving this spring rain! This is my favorite season so I'm not complaining at all. 

@inthewoods23 yikes, no fun at all! YAY for working from home. Some people are not about it, but I would work from home permanently if I could. Hoping the company will offer hybrid or wfh options once we return to the office. 

@anniemarie887 Never had an orchid before, but I am prepping for my peonies to come in and I am so worried they'll suffer from botrytis blight like they did last year.

@businesswife you're motivating me! I think we could use a separate thread for Keto recipes. I for one would love that. Good luck getting started! I really should join you...

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: HIO, OPKs 

R/R: Rave: T minus 2 days until Spring Break.

CS/Q: None

• @misspricklepants we planted a japanese tree peony last year! i would like to plant some traditional ones.
  • @gingermama29 thank you for the IUI well-wishes! 

@misspricklepants C'mon spring break! Are you doing anything fun for it? 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername We have been talking about moving for a while now... It wouldn't be far... Unless it is very very far lol Most likely it'll just be the next state over to be closer to our Church.  But it could also be way more major if DH decides it's time to just pick up and haul outta here. Lol  I guess time will tell how the cards fall... GL with iui No. 2!!!