Options

Weekly Check-In, 3/22 (9/16 - 9/30)

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other?

Re: Weekly Check-In, 3/22 (9/16 - 9/30)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20, 14 weeks today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peach 🍑 

Upcoming appointments: not until April 6

How are you feeling?: pretty good. I threw up this morning but that was the first time in a week. I tried stopping the Unisom/B6 last week and was nauseous the whole next day so I started taking it again. I’ll try getting rid of it again next week. My boobs feel super heavy.

Rants/Raves: I started running again! I’ve missed it so much!

Questions: none

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? We are high school sweethearts. Started dating when we were 15/16 years old. We will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary and our 18th dating anniversary in June ♥️ 

@Aerialmrs sounds like a stressful weekend! Hopefully you get a relaxing one coming up!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13+1, 9/26

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A post-it note. I feel like baby is getting big fast! 

Upcoming appointments: Mid-April

How are you feeling?: Very tired. Just woke up from a nap! Food still revolting although I’m gonna try some mint chocolate chip ice cream and see what happens

Rants/Raves: I always scoop the litter box not pregnant, and it’s been such a chore getting DH to remember to do it! Agh. 

Questions: Is anyone trying to workout through this pregnancy? Now that I’m feeling a little better I’ve been trying to do beachbody prenatal barre on a more semi-regular basis 

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? We both worked at a fast food place together in high school and went on one date to a scary movie. We went our separate ways (I went to college, he did military). 6? Years later we met up at a local bookstore by complete accident and ended up talking and going out. 

@aerialmrs aww cute way to meet! I also overdid it a little this week but with an exercise program eek

@chewie5990 that is so funny taking the English assignment! Awww! I am hoping I will feel better and be able to eat more healthy things soon. I also want to watch my weight and try to exercise through this pregnancy, at least a bit more than last time 

@emjeve interested to follow how your stopping unisom/b6 goes. I also tried to
    stop and felt ok for a day and then terrible again. Now I’m afraid to stop! I might just finish out the bottle 😬 
  • Options
    I'm loving all these romantic stories! 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w5 d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon

Upcoming appointments: surprise ultrasound tomorrow night! So stoked (took me a week and a half to get it booked even though it was "urgent")! And then jumping on the April 6th appt bandwagon lol.

How are you feeling?: lots of highs and lows. Freaked out and stressed today about new bleeding, but then it disappeared and turned out to be nothing. Trying to be positive about this pregnancy and excited about the prospect of a newborn, though I do know this one may come too early.

Rants/Raves: Rave: I can finally find out what's going on with my cervix and get some clarity for the next steps of this pregnancy so baby can hopefully stay I there! Rant: it's been soooo stressful dealing with waiting on doctor's calls and then trying to navigate this confusing health system. Also rant: my IL buy large, impractical gifts that we never want for our kids (they also give them dollar store stuffies every single month. We got 16 stuffies from them b/w Nov and Jan). They know we are having another baby and know exactly how small our place is and yet went and ordered a bigger version for DS of an already large toy they had bought DD. 

Questions: natm

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? We met at my job at a bookstore. He thought he would marry me as soon as he met me, I thought he was a weirdo (he told me he was a "shopaholic"). But the next time he came in, I fell in love at second sight. He was too nervous to ask me out and spent 500 bucks in a month just so he could keep visiting me. Eventually we went out and have been together for 12 years, married for 8.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w2d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: no idea

Upcoming appointments: 4/2 regular OB appt

How are you feeling?: Terrible. Still nauseous, less often but worse when it hits.
    Exhausted all the time. 

Rants/Raves: I did my spring clean up of the front yard yesterday, it looks way better. The weather broke and spring is here. Tee-ball started and it was really cool to see the developmental differences between soccer last fall and now. 

Questions: Anyone have the Maternit21 NIPT? How long did it take for results?

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? We met on the internets before it was cool to meet on the internets (2009). Today is our 7th wedding anniversary!
  • Options
    @paulpaw I had Maternity21 and it took exactly 2 weeks!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 9/20, 14 weeks today. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a peach 🍑 

Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday the 30th at my OB 

How are you feeling?: overall well. Crampy today and definitely seeing lots of belly growth... feeling the stretching and seeing the pop happening nice and early this time around LOL 

Rants/Raves: My (gross) rant is that after weeks I am STILL dealing with an anal fissure. I had a March 2nd exam with a colorectal surgeon and I’ve used creams, stool softeners, fiber supplements, increased my water intake....... nothing helps for longer than a few days. I have 3 more weeks of this regimen before I go back to the colorectal surgeon for a follow up. As an anxious person, chronic bloody bowel movements is really alarming, even though I know what it is and I know deep down it’s not something serious. Every other bowel movement is a constant opportunity for me to freak out or dwell. Really really over this. My rave is that our colored canons have arrived to my neighbors house and we are officially popping them on Saturday! I can’t wait to find out the sex. 

Questions: NATM! 

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? I was on Match.com and my good friend was on Jdate. She was having these amazing first dates and mine were downright AWFUL, so she encouraged me to go on Jdate despite not being Jewish. I did a free trial for Memorial Day weekend and met DH - who is half black half Jewish and wasn’t serious about meeting someone specifically Jewish. We were a 97% match on the website. The rest was history. We should really write Jdate and let them know that their algorithm works for the non-Jewish as well as the Jew”ish” 😂😂😂
  • Options
    These are all great stories! I feel like mine is pretty lame in comparison lol

@runningonindie so sorry you're still suffering with that... Hang in there!

@sleepydaze sending up prayers for you! Hopefully you get some clarity and reassurance at your appointment

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I am just now getting back into a workout routine. I've been run/walking for cardio and then doing some free weights. I've been looking for a pregnancy specific program though so if anyone has any good suggestions, I'll be following! 

@chewie5990 love your story.  And we've gained about the same first tri. With DS1 I went off the deep end and gained 60 or 70 lbs 😬. I really took "eating for two" literally.  This time around I'm much more health conscious. Prior to finding out I was pregnant I was working with a nutrition coach and had finally gotten to my goal weight. I really want to keep the weight gain in check this time around because it was really hard work losing it!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  9/27

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lemon

Upcoming appointments: 4 weeks - I believe they'll do the anatomy ultrasound and spina bifida test?

How are you feeling?: pretty good this week. Evenings are still rough, but increasingly less so if I'm careful what/how much I eat.  Definitely still tired and really scatterbrained. 

Rants/Raves: na

Questions:  I keep getting these targeted ads on facebook saying I can get a breast pump free through insurance? Is this legit? I don't remember getting anything free in that department with DS1 or 2. I rented a pump from the hospital.

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? We met at a party through a mutual friend when I was in high school. We dated for a few years, split when I went to college, reunited a few years later and got married shortly after that. This year will be our 13 year anniversary.
  • Options
    @kissyfir1586 are you in the US? I got a free pump through insurance the last two times! It was a Medela
  • Options
    @krash_ I have to try sitz baths!!!! Also excited to find out what you’re having! 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast yep, I'm from Ohio. I wonder if these things were available for free during my last two pregnancies and no one ever told me??   Going to check out some of these offers!
  • Options
    @runningonindie I had anal fissure issues after my son was born, and sitz baths were my saving grace for sure!! I used little herbal sitz bath tea bags instead of epsom salts, but I'm just there are lots of options for what to actually put in the water. They're soooo uncomfortable, I hope you find relief very soon!
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs ive literally never done one before but I’m thinking now is the time LOL 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: September 3rd. 16W4D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Almost the size of my hand I think? I honestly I’m not keeping track like I did with my first 🤣 

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Better now. I’m still having some anxiety but I got a at home doppler and I’m hoping that will help. But the morning sickness is FINALLY gone. 

Rants/Raves: none really 

Questions: 

GTKY: How did you meet your significant other? I sold him 2 cars 🤣 He came in one month and bought a brand new impala, the next month he got a brand new truck. I added him on Snapchat after the truck and he would snap me asking dumb questions. One snap was when I was driving a truck down to the cities for another customer so I called him. We talked on the phone for like 5 hours that night. He asked me out on a date but I joked about him bringing in both vehicles for the paint protection which he didn’t get first (he did and set at my desk the whole time). A few weeks later we went on our first date and the rest is history 
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 I see a chiro! It helps my headaches immensely! He makes a few positional modifications for my belly but otherwise it’s pretty standard and I enjoy it 
  • Options
    @ladylynn222 The anxiety is awful.  I didn't get a doppler because I figured I would be going in to see my OB once a month to get that reassurance.  However I still haven't heard from him and haven't had my first appointment. I've only had phone appointments with my family doctor, who sets up any blood work or ultrasounds for me. 
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 if the ACA is what started the free pumps, that explains why I didn't get one with my last two pregnancies (2006&2011).  I'm going to research what my insurance covers today. one less thing to buy!    And I'm glad you mentioned something about the belly band for running. Prior to pregnancy I was running about 3-5 miles a day. I've been trying to get back to it, but the belly pain/stretching feeling is a nuisance. I end up running for a bit, then taking long walk breaks. It's frustrating.
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 I love the chiro pregnant or not. I saw them with my first pregnancy because I had terrible hip pain that felt like my back was out of place. I would pay to just lay on my stomach on their table in 3rd tri. I also saw them after a car accident in 2019. It was covered by the insurance of the guy that hit me so you better believe I went as many times as I could. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18