Toddlers: 24 Months+

Not breaking from toddlers schedule

I’m curious if other parents of toddlers stay home a lot? Both my husband & I think it’s just a lot of work to take the baby out far. We will do small things like target runs. Downtown ice cream etc...but we work around his nap schedule (one nap at noonish) He also eats all meals at home...I’m pretty picky about what he eats. My family invited us to Vegas but it just sounds exhausting with my 2 year old. Plus I’m 6 months pregnant. Doing the dishes makes me tired😂. We get a lot of flack from our family for not getting out more. When we visit a non baby proofed house it’s always EXHAUSTING. Why make things hard on ourselves when we can just stay home, at least until our kids are at a less clumsy age 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have zero desire to go many places with small kids. How about you? 

Re: Not breaking from toddlers schedule

• shannele1 said:
    I’m curious if other parents of toddlers stay home a lot? Both my husband & I think it’s just a lot of work to take the baby out far. We will do small things like target runs. Downtown ice cream etc...but we work around his nap schedule (one nap at noonish) He also eats all meals at home...I’m pretty picky about what he eats. My family invited us to Vegas but it just sounds exhausting with my 2 year old. Plus I’m 6 months pregnant. Doing the dishes makes me tired😂. We get a lot of flack from our family for not getting out more. When we visit a non baby proofed house it’s always EXHAUSTING. Why make things hard on ourselves when we can just stay home, at least until our kids are at a less clumsy age 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have zero desire to go many places with small kids. How about you? 
    Yes and no. When my husband is at work (SAHM), yes, it’s much harder. But it’s bad for my mental health to stay home all the time, so I really try to get out. I don’t find it nearly as difficult when it’s us going out as a family, and I want to make the memories. 

I honestly don’t find non-babyproofed homes that hard. Usually there’s some toys and the children stay where they’re easily seen. 

For the most part, I try to work around naps, but not entirely. There are days they don’t get a nap, and they are just fine.