June 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - Week of 03/21

What’s happening? Tell us what’s going on! 

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 03/21

• Options
    @ramzlau mid-May sounds so soon 🙈 How has time flown so quickly?!? A drive by sprinkle sounds so cute!! Glad you got to see so many people
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ramzlau I’m glad you were able to have a sprinkle! Sounds like you had a good turnout. I don’t think it’s too early, especially for a likely May delivery. With my first I had my shower at 28 weeks because it worked with others travel schedules and such. It’s weird to think I am past that point now and won’t be having anything this time around. I’m okay with it, because I find that stuff stressful, but also sad because I am sad to not have a big celebration of baby.
  • Options
    my anxiety has spiked because it’s Sunday night and I have work in the morning. Also hoping the insomnia doesn’t hit me and I’m able to sleep tonight. This week is also my birthday and next OB appointment on Friday, so I’m dreading that. Lots of stressors this week.
  • Options
    @AKuzReve I can relate to a lot of those feelings. This is my last pregnancy and it has been so chaotic that I forget sometimes to enjoy this process and the anticipation. Hope
    you are able to find some moments to make some memories for this pregnancy! 

@remi1014 Hope the insomnia stays away and you find ways to enjoy your birthday and week! 
  • Options
    @remi014 sorry you’re having anxiety leading up to the work week. I hope you’re able to get some sleep and you have a good week. 
  • Options
    And for the 3rd Monday in a row, I have to call out of work. This time because someone in our childcare’s household tested positive for covid 🤦‍♀️ Not enough facepalm emojis to cover how I’m feeling right now. One of the other moms and I spent a little too much time obsessing over the likely transmission timeline last night, and we’re likely in the clear, but will obviously quarantine to be safe. Meanwhile I’m probably taking the whole week off, and will be loading up on all the immune boosting foods...

@AKuzReve @ramzlau I know what you mean. This could be my last as well, though we’re hoping for one more, and it definitely seems like the pregnancy is overshadowed by a lot of other things. I’ve been trying to carve out time to focus on the kicks and set up a little corner nursery, but it’s hard when there are so many other things going on! 

@remi1014 hope you got a good nights sleep and can make it through the week without too much stress. Do you have any birthday plans? 
  • Options
    @remi1014 I hope this week goes well for you. I'm also stressed with my job and really not into it. 

@halfanewt oh my, that stinks. DS is off today as there were two teachers in his school tested positive so the whole school shut down today. We are waiting instructions to hear if he is out for two weeks or just today. 
  • Options
    Fair warning this is going to be long! Dealing with miscommunications with the OB and dealing with STD shit.  

Y’all I hate dealing with STD crap. I’m going to lose my shit.  So quick recap of events. 

Beginning of Jan placed on bedrest for short cervix and placenta previa.  Beginning of Feb, modified bedrest because previa had resolved and cervix had lengthened.  Still on all the PTL meds and absolutely zero talk about going back to work.  Beginning of March, told OB NP (1st time seeing the NP) about how my uterus gets really tight every time I stand up for a length of time (so like a longer shower and I have to immediately sit or lie down so my uterus relaxes) and she’s asks if I’m still on modified bedrest.  I say yes, she says “good”.  That was the end of the conversation.  

Well last week I get a call from the STD people and they say that my claim is being terminated because they haven’t received documents from my OBs office.  I get that all situated and the nurse from my OBs office calls me to ask “why I’m still on bedrest”... Um excuse me what?  So I tell her my interactions with the OB and NP for the last 3 appts.  And she agrees I should still be on bedrest but she’ll put a note in to the OB and ask her to be sure.  

This morning she calls me back and tells me the my OB said she released me from bedrest and said I could go back to work (with restrictions that make me unable to perform my job duties anyway) at my feb appt. I’m wondering if they have me mixed up with someone else because I am absolutely positive there was no talk about going back to work.    So she put another message into the OB for further clarification but I will ask for my restrictions in writing at my Friday appt.

I’m so irritated that I could have been doing a bit more around the house and prepping the nursery for the last month instead of relying on other people.  
  • Options
    @sgrn18 I agree it sounds like they have you mixed up with someone else. And although they are saying you should have been cleared, with those symptoms it is probably better that you are still taking it easy. Always better to err on the side of caution this early. And as much as I hate having help when I can do something myself, if someone is willing and able and it reduces risk of NICU time, take it! But so frustrating to deal with STD. 
  • Options
    @sgrn18 that is so frustrating! I hope it can get straightened out at your Friday appointment. Sorry you are dealing with this!
  • Options
    @klj0228 I am not sad about no shower this pregnancy but I am also feeling sad this baby doesn’t feel celebrated.

@sgrn18 I am sorry you are dealing with this.  So frustrating!

I have been pretty busy with work and life lately.  I can’t believe I am 28 w +.  Time is going so quickly!  And since this is second baby, I don’t feel like I have much to get done.  We are reusing the nursery, have all the necessities, and have a list to buy when our Amazon registry discount is available NEXT MONTH!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My random story is I’ve been so self conscious about the Facebook Migration picture. I keep waiting until I’m wearing a cute outfit and I cleaned my room. LOL it may be June until we get it done!
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I hear you... but then today I gave up and just took one. Need to put more effort in my bump pic next week if I need to show my face now!
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I keep checking the FB group to see if you are in it yet lol. Selfishly I don’t want to lose our doula knowledge support. 
  • Options
    LOL @ramzlau- I’m working on it! Hopefully tomorrow! Lol
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican Honestly, same. I kept putting it off hoping I would be more put together, my room would be more put together, I wouldn't look so tired, I'd have a better outfit, etc. and eventually I was cleaning today and I just said screw it and took a photo. 100% not my best photo but hey, it works.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options
    @disgruntled_pelican @ashaislurking I’ve been putting it off because there’s always something I’m not satisfied with (my hair, my clothes, the lighting)  :D i want to do it soon! Seems like this BMB is already quieter with the migration
  • Options
    @wendy838 I know, I joined yesterday and was like, "oh, THIS is where everyone is!".

Definitely looking forward to getting my hair cut next month so I can post some prettier pictures. Bigger problem is that most of our mirrors are too high for a belly shot, so you're stuck with our messy bedroom or the bathroom