Infertility

March FET Group (Frozen Embryo Transfers)

Re: March FET Group (Frozen Embryo Transfers)

• I'm hopping in here to say hi and get back into the swing of things.  I recognize a few of you from my journeys earlier.  I did ER and FET#1 in 2018.  
    I'm hoping to start getting ready for FET#2 after my next cyle which should be until the end of March.  I'm most likely looking at a May transfer but probably going to follow another the March and April FET so I am reminded of the process.  And look for the tips again with some of the meds and also where to get the most cost-effective meds since all insurance stuff has changed for me now.  

Sounds like we have a couple of transfers this week "scheduled"! 
  • Welcome back! @blackhottamales
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the love @mbradfo2 @dukie001 @sfield21 it honestly feels sometimes like I know you ladies in person. The road was indeed long and not without bumps!

@dukie001 letrozole (sorry misspelled it before) is actually a breast cancer chemotherapy drug, isn’t that nuts? But for fertility it’s FSH and stimulates follicle growth. I took it when I had my two failed IUIs. it’s a pill you take for 5 days to stimulate follicles and then you take a trigger shot (Ovidril in my case) to ovulate. They give it to women who don’t ovulate on their own (not my case) but also so the clinic can essentially “take control” of your cycle and get the timing super right. Initially my doctor didn’t want me to do this, but when I shared with him that my CD1 window seemed like it was broadening over the last year, I think he wanted to control it a little more. I used to start in a pretty tight 28-31 day window but in the last 12 months it’s been more like 26-32 and that’s a whole week which makes a huge difference in our world. 

Letrozole starts today, the bloodwork/ultrasound in exactly a week when they’ll tell me when I need to do the trigger shot. If I was having an IUI, I’d need to be back for my insemination 36 hours after trigger, but because this is a FET, they want my regular egg to pass naturally and then implant the embryo I think 5-6 days later because that’s how old the embryo is! Somewhere in there they’ll make me take some progesterone too...

how are you ladies doing?
  • @blackhottamales welcome back! 
    @thezaltyberger thanks for explanation. I think Lupron is used sometimes to treat certain cancers too. And you are right...that is nuts 😁 I wander what do all these meds do to our bodies in a long run. 
  • Aaahh tomorrow's thursday. This week went way way too fast!

I visited my mom this morning for the first time in months....and I think for the first time since covid, I went inside her house!!  We're both vaccinated but we still wore masks as a precaution. DD was with us and she stopped wearing a mask about halfway through the visit since she got graham crackers.  IT WAS SO STRANGE. 

@dukie001
    I often think the same thing - what do the meds do in the long run - but it's never really stayed in my head very long, heh. 

I usually call letrozole Femara and was really confused at first! 

@blackhottamales
    I remember your name because it always made me feel hungry! Welcome back! I had my first FET in 2017 so this is my second one ever now too (TW BFP - Had my daughter 3/2018). 

I would have more thoughts but I think I'ma just gonna go kill some pixel dragons on the xbox and hit the sack, heh. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Welcome back @blackhottamales, sorry you’ve found yourself here again, but you’re with a great group of ladies! <3

@dukie001 just wanted to say I did see your question about Medrol but I haven’t used it before. Sorry, I can’t help. 
  • Ok ladies! Beta this morning...was 632! I can't believe it. I am praying this little one sticks around
  • Congratulations! @vlr2015 🎉🎉🎉 what a great number!!!!!
  • Congratulations @vlr2015 That’s an awesome beta!!!!
  • Yay @vlr2015 that's fantastic!!
    Me: 34 DH: 43
    Our Journey for #1
    2014 -- Started TTC casually
    2017 -- Discovered MFI but didn't move forward with treatment due to expense and grad school
    Spring 2019 -- Started with RE and confirmed MFI 
    Fall 2019 -- 3 cycles of Clomid and TI, 3 BFNs, discovered hostile cervical mucus was also contributing
    Spring/Summer 2020 -- 3 cycle of IUI, 3 BFNs
    Nov 2020 - First IVF with 3 little frosties, had to change to freeze all due to OHSS
    Feb 16, 2021 - FET #1 - BFP! Beta #1 100 Beta # 2 541 EDD 11/4/2021

• @vlr2015 woohoooo!!!! Yay!!! 🥳
    That’s a great beta!! FX for a sticky babe! 🥰
  • @vlr2015 YAY!! Your story is giving me hope and strength!! Grow baby grow!
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited March 2021
    Hi guys! I had my transfer today and it didn’t go as planned. One of may last two embryos didn’t thaw out right and they weren’t able to recover it. The one they transfer is not the best quality. I don’t think my doctor believes it will be successful. He basically told me that he is sure that he can get me pregnant with a mini-ivf but better blasts....When he was telling me all that I was numb, in matter of fact I was numb during the whole procedure. And on my way home my brain was foggy, I don’t even know how I got home. Anyways, not to a good and hopeful start. 
  • Oh! @dukie001. I'm so sorry for your loss.  That is so hard.  And I'm sorry your doctor isn't more optimistic about this transfer.  You are PUPO! 🙏🙏🙏 PASP ❤️❤️❤️ you don't have to make any decisions tonight, just relax (and try to watch a silly movie)
  • I wanted to log on here and see your boring "transfer went well" post @dukie001  oh i'm so sorry for the loss of the embaby and your doctor's pessimism. Right now you are PUPO and you don't need to think about any plan B. Get some rest and try your best to be optimistic. After all, even the worst looking embies turn into the most beautiful babies. Looks don't mean everything in this. 

AFM

Transfer was smooth. I spent the afternoon resting a little and then did some shopping and got the birthday cake finalized.

TW - child
    DD spent the afternoon with my parents and playing with all of my old toys (and some of theirs). My parents (and I, admittedly) are huge packrats and saved tons of our toys for grandbabies to play with eventually. All of my old American Girl dolls + accessories and my dollhouse are actually in storage (and need to be moved out). And my beloved Anne of Green Gables doll with her wardrobe + case. I had always been looking forward to sharing those with a future child, particularly a daughter -- and my parents bringing them out for my nieces while I struggled with IF and then m/c was super super difficult. Now seeing my dolls and stuffed animals, especially ones that I loved, come to life again for my daughter is particularly tear-jerking. I was always a big fan of the Velveteen Rabbit and believed being loved made toys become "real" (in a certain way). I'm probably a bit silly, heh. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• thank you @BusinessWife and @mbradfo2 ❤️ I’ll try to be optimistic. Hope my ugly duckling turns to be a sticky one
  • Oh @dukie001 just logged on to see how you’re doing and I’m so sorry that things didn’t go as well as planned ❤️. I can imagine how your heart dropped when you learned about the embryo not thawing right. But the fact that they transferred one embryo leaves hope and is still heartening! I know firsthand how painful the TWW is, but hang in there! We are all here with you!!!
  • @mbradfo2 glad to hear it was all smooth sailing, wishing you peace and calm for the TWW!
  • Hi everyone didn’t realize there was a march thread..coming over from jan/feb threads, started er process in January got cancelled the day before er because i tested positive for covid, started again last month, 25 retrieved, 18 mature, 9 fertilized and 2 good quality blast made it to day 5, so i happy to have 2 now waiting for instructions on wen i can start transfer.
  • Thanks everyone. I was happy with the first beta. Go for the second one Monday. Definitely feel on edge with all the unknowns. But praying it sticks! It's great having you ladies to share with!

@thezaltyberger: glad I can give you some hope!
    @dukie001: sorry you had a stressful transfer. Praying the best for your little embryo!
    @mbradfo2: glad you had a smooth transfer! Praying!
    @vl__2019: yay... congrats on your embryos!

• Hi Everyone, I was at February FET group and had transfer in early March. 
    I could not share earlier but had my second beta hcg and got 375 by surprise and happiness. So, now Waiting for my next appointment. 
    Congrats @vlr2015 great news! Are you on any medication; estrace or progesterone?

• @vlr2015 thank you, congratulations so happy for you!!!

@clare40 no not yet, haven’t gotten my period after er yet, have a follow up with dr on Friday to discuss next steps, she’s probably going to make me wait for next period tho, i hope not. 
    Congratulations.. I know ur estatic!!! 
  • @thezaltyberger thank you! ❤️ I’m ok now, kind of accepted whatever outcome will be. 
  • @dukie001
    fx for you still :smile:

@vlr2015
    @clare40
    Awesome on the strong BFP's!!! Keep 'em coming, right?

@vl__2019
    I got 2 day 6 blasts and 1 take-home baby on my first cycle so FX for you!!!

AFM 
    not feeling much of anything either way other than crappy from the progesterone. had some cramping yesterday but that could just be from the cath as much as anything else. Tried to keep things pretty easy and low key, although I did clean the patio so I'd be ready for birthday shenanigans for DD this week. That was the biggest thing I accomplished (other than finally getting past the part in Kingdom Come: Deliverance (game) that I've been stuck at for two weeks, yay). 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 did you test any of your embryos? cuz were not, was back and forth about it but decided not to.

@dukie001 praying for you, it can still happen 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
  • @vlr2015 @vl__2019 @mbradfo2 thank you ❤️ I’m praying too 
  • @vl__2019
    Not the first batch! We transferred both at the first transfer (which might seem daunting) -- both implanted but one m/c early likely due to genetic abnormalities per the RE since there was an enlarged yolk sac. The other is turning 3 this Friday! 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 i want to transfer both, my husband dosent he is scared of twins and i dnt mind 
  • Thanks, everyone for the warm welcome back.  It's exciting to be here again getting ready for a transfer!

@thezaltyberger how are you feeling? last round i started progesterone 2 days before transfer i think.  

@dukie001 I'm sorry for the rough transfer.  I hope you were able to relax this weekend.  

@mbradfo2 Yes I remember you too from PAIF!  (TW - had my son 6/2019) Congrats on the smooth transfer.  

@sfield21

@vlr2015 Great Beta! so exciting. 

@vl__2019 welcome, congrats on your two embryos

@Clare40 welcome.  great numbers. 
  • Hey ladies. Just wanted to update you... yesterday's beta was 4,988. They said that was great, but of course I am still on edge trying to be excited and also cautious. I go for ultrasound April 6.

How is everyone doing?

• @vlr2015 wow, that’s a great 2nd beta!! Congrats! I hope your US goes well in April. 

AFM: today is transfer day! ☺️🤞🏻
  • @vlr2015
    Wow! Did you transfer 1 or 2?

@sfield21
    Good luck!!

@vl__2019
    I guess twins are obviously a possibility when you transfer 2, and there's a higher chance than with single transfer or natural conception (but still a chance there!)...but most of the ladies I know who transfer 2 end up with just 1 baby (everyone I know who transferred 2 used untested embryos). 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @vlr2015 great numbers!!! So happy For You!!

@sfield21 excited for you!!  🤞🏽🤞🏽
  • @mbradfo2 thats y i want to transfer 2, because they are untested, and i dnt want to waste time transferring one by one, i have a feeling my dr wont let me transfer 2 😑
  • @vl__2019
    Do you have any history of miscarriage? Since I had a previous miscarriage and they were untested, my doctor was OK with me transferring two. And it was a good decision -- while both implanted, one m/c early due to chromosomal abnormalities (likely -- enlarged yolk sac, pretty much identical to my previous m/c). I think it would have been worse to pick the bad embryo first and have to go through a m/c and then another transfer. This way sorta got it all over with and I ended up with a baby girl!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 no we haven’t been pregnant before, this will be our first 
  • @sfield21 congratulations ❤️❤️❤️

AFM: AF came yesterday, called clinic, told me to come in tomorrow for blood and sono, hope i get to transfer this cycle🤞🏽🤞🏽