Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 3.16

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Tuesday 3.16

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 26/11

Timing: -4,-3,-1,0

Typical LP length: 15 days

Testing: Yup

R/R: Rant: Found a pretty extensive leak under the sink. Rave: The faucet has needed to be replaced for some time. Finally bit the bullet and got a touchless faucet. Holy moly, why did we wait so long. It's AMAZING! 

Side Note: Where's Bachelor Nation at in here? Do we need a separate thread to discuss the finale? Catching up now and will need to discuss!! 

CS/Q: None.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    Month/Cycle: 7/2AL

CD/DPO: 16/1

Timing: -4, -1

Typical LP length: 14-15

Testing: Waiting until 10 DPO 

R/R: I have a really busy couple of weeks, going to push through to Easter weekend where I start a new work schedule that should hopefully give me more balance! I wish I could get more info about what is going to happen with my work this summer (WFH vs. In-Office), but grateful that everything right now is going well. 

CS/Q: none
  • Loading the player...
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @misspricklepants I need to replace a faucet in the upcoming months, if we can ever get it together to start these updates we’ve had planned for a while. Now I need to look at touch less faucets!! 
  • @misspricklepants we love our touchless faucet! altho when people come over they are so confused by it. also, stayed up WAY to late watching finale and ATFR last night. 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 18/8

Timing: doesn't matter

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: nada

R/R: i am so tired. i have to go to bed at a reasonable time tonight. 

CS/Q: 
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited March 2021
    @misspricklepants lately I have had a few times in which I wish our faucet was the touchless or tap kind. We originally had one in which the spout wasn't very high so I was nearly impossible to rinse any large pots or pans we have. Now that we have one of those long neck ones (not the commercial kitchen looking ones), it's so much easier to rinse and fill pots with water. It was the one thing I had to have changed in our kitchen shortly after we moved in.

@rgn12 yay for work/life balance! I found out yesterday we're looking at being in the office more with maybe 1 day a week having the 3 of us in our group be on site at the same time. Sounds like we'll at least be able to sit at our cubicles instead of sitting in this open area with a bunch of tables being spaced out. Not sure when that will start, but FX I am KU so I can maybe not go in as often. I'm also a little more open to it know that I know the current protocol - which isn't great because you self-temp and sign in on a sheet every day, answer the 3 basic covid questions, and making a check if your temp isn't over 100.4.

Month/Cycle: 4 AL

CD/DPO: 26/8

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: Thursday

R/R: DH and I both forgot about making jerky yesterday/overnight so now we gotta rush to make that today so we can have it as a snack for the power being off tomorrow. To make matters worse, we don't have the packets for the flavor we want! So I'm running out at lunch to pick up a couple boxes. DH will then get that in the dehydrator in the afternoon and run it overnight so it's ready in the morning. So many silly things to do and consider all because we have a planned outage haha.

CS/Q: temps are surprisingly consistent the last few days. Does it mean anything? :D

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited March 2021
    @inthewoods23 I know how you feel about being KU, and potentially not having to go in as much! That’s exactly how I’m feeling now. If I were PG I know people would understand and allow me to continue WFH, pending any insurance reimbursement issues. Although, I am hoping that insurance will continue to make telehealth a priority since we are very much still in a pandemic. I would also like to be well into the second trimester at the absolute earliest before announcing anything, especially after my loss. It sounds like you guys have some good spacing arrangements and safety protocols in place though, which is good. I know we’re all just so over covid, I can’t believe it’s been a year! 

Edited to fix typo 
  • @rgn12 same, we definitely don't plan on telling anyone until 12 weeks. Except for my friend who knows everything we've been through. She actually asked me just this morning if my morning sex hypothesis worked haha. Somehow every cycle when she does ask she's always just a few days too early. I believe based on LMP the 12 week mark is right around Mother's Day for me. No pressure right?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @inthewoods23 haha I love that, the morning sex hypothesis!! 😂
  • @rgn12 just calling it what it is lol. I mean... when you get KU in the 1 cycle in which you have morning sex near O instead of PM, you gotta wonder!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • lurking because I’m all alone in wto

@inthewoods23 I think there is something to that morning sex thing. I’ve noticed that a few times in my time here that it was the “something different” for people. Which means I should really be better at initiating morning sex but DH wakes up so early!
  • edited March 2021
    @rgn12 totally understand, being able to plan takes the stress out of the unknown. I'm super grateful to work for a company that's been so forthcoming about the return to work plan. As it stands, we're returning in July on a voluntary basis, but I have a feeling I won't be back until next year. In case you want to take a look, we got the Moen Essie.

@inthewoods23 please share jerky pics! When my husband did it, it was too thick. Wondering if there's a trick to this? YAY for those consistent temps, FX!!! 

ETA- Words.

• rgn12rgn12 member
    @inthewoods23 interesting! My hubby and I are not morning people, but if this is the way to go it’s certainly worth a shot!

@misspricklepants I am hoping that is the case for me too, finishing out the year remotely. If I’m PG that would be the best option for sure. I guess we’ll see, and FX for all of us this cycle!! 🤞🏻
  • @bows22 I'm totally the early bird lol. DH can barely move a muscle in the mornings so the first half is always me doing all the work on top of him :D I definitely agree that sometimes slightly switching it up does the trick. That particular cycle I was very much less crazy about CD, mostly because I had gotten the MMR vaccine right before O and we debated whether or not to really abstain knowing the risk. I'm really curious if I just didn't track anything. Or maybe do track some things like my cervix and CM but don't record it? Then I can't spend any time trying to analyze it all.

@misspricklepants I will share if he does end up making it! We have a jerky gun thing that helps dispense it all into the strips. Helps make everything nice and consistent.

@rgn12 if this works my reaction will literally be "omg are you f*cking serious? no f*cking way". Or sometimes my shock comes out as "SHUT. up. SHUT. UP!"
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @misspricklepants not gonna lie, new appliances and features just feel...so good. especially when you end up being forced into it (not as fun, but then you can't argue with it). is this what being an adult is like?? because I'm here for it.
    @inthewoods23 the jerky does sound so good! Pls update! Fx for confirming your hypothesis!!!!!!!!!
    @rgn12 I just talked with a client's parent today about coming back in person and even though I'll be vaccinated and where I work has a lot of precautions (the standard questions, temp check, distancing, masks, etc), it's still making me anxious when I think about going back. But the numbers are about where they were at when I started WFH again (in Washington, anyway). 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 19, 5 DPO

Timing: -2, +1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: starting over the weekend, it'll be a little early but because of the opk wonkiness I could have O'd earlier so might as well start since I have so many cheapie strips

R/R: MH and I celebrate our anniversary this weekend (7 years)! very pumped. we're going to a goose farm (they also have many other animals, and there will be fresh eggs from chickens each day) and we'll be near a spot with HUNDREDS of friendly wild rabbits. it's accessible by car and ferry thankfully, and the weather is very typical Washington but it will still be spring, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for witnessing new life on the farm :)

CS/Q: none rn
  • How fun! @chgilmore Happy Anniversary!!!
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @chgilmore oh, I can definitely relate to your feelings of anxiety about returning! As things are opening up more, I know those requests will be coming to me too. I hope I can hold off as long as possible, but we shall see. Happy Anniversary!! That sounds like so much fun!
  • @BusinessWife @rgn12 thank you! who would have thought that a one-night stand from Tinder would turn into this xD