October 2021 Moms

Let's talk about sex, baby!

Use the poll to vote on the sex of your baby(ies) but please also share your news in the comments since polls are anonymous! Vote Team Green if you're not finding out until birth. 

Let's talk about sex, baby! 25 votes

Team Green
36% 9 votes
Team Blue
48% 12 votes
Team Pink
16% 4 votes
Blue/Pink Twins
0% 0 votes

Re: Let's talk about sex, baby!

• I’m finding out after I do my NIPT test next Friday!! So excited. I will post my results when I get them! Fingers crossed for a girl but obviously will be over the moon either way 🥰
  • Loading the player...
  • gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited March 2021
    I don't know haha. We'll find out after the NIPT testing in a few weeks. This pregnancy feels different than my first but I did an Etsy tarot card reading for fun and she said boy so I voted boy. I'm really wanting one of each and have my fingers crossed for a girl, but will be happy with either!

ETA it's Monday and I am an idiot and voted for what I thought...oops.
  • @vampirina hahaha! More power to you if you have anything to contribute to that kind of a sex thread. I told DH the only way he is getting any action in 1st Tri is if he arranges for someone to watch DS, we DTD in the middle of the day, and I get to nap before and after. I am just so wiped out in the evenings now. Looking forward to that 2nd Tri energy boost.

@gingermama46 You're not an idiot, you had a bit of pregnancy brain. I was thinking it would be fun to have a poll for "did you get what you expected" type of a thing later on. With my first two pregnancies I though I was having a boy and I was right with both. This time, I'm getting girl vibes though. 
  • @vampirina that’s what I was expecting when I opened the thread too.
    @gingermama46 I’m a day behind you and that’s when I’ll find out too. I was thisclose to clicking what I want.
    I admire anyone who can be team green. I have major control issues and just couldn’t do it.
    I have an appointment with my OB on March 25th and will have the NIPT drawn then. 
  • I'm so excited for this thread!!! We are still undecided whether we'll try Team Green this time. I'm incredibly impatient and a Type-A planner, so it goes against all my instincts. I don't know if I can do it! With my DD, we did the NIPT and were going to wait before opening the sex portion of the results, or maybe not read the sex results at all. I lasted all of 10 minutes before I caved  :D
  • I’m like those of you who can’t handle being team green although I do think it must be such a special surprise at birth! 
    We find out during anatomy scan so I have a long wait yet 🤣
  • We’ll find out at the anatomy scan which seems like forever away! Truly we’ll be so happy no matter what, but I’m hoping for a girl and DH a boy. I hope I have that second trimester energy eventually because the moment I find out I’m going through all the old clothes and getting rid of what we don’t need and organizing all the clothes we’ll use again! 
  • With my daughter, we didn't find out until after the first trimester, so I'm expecting to have to wait a while with this one, too. But I'm excited to find out! This has been such a different pregnancy that I'm really curious to see if the old wives' tales hold up in my case or not.
  • We won't be able to find out until our anatomy scan. That won't be until mid May. 😫 we would be happy with either but DH and I really want a girl. I looked at the Chinese Gender Calendar and according to that I could be having a boy. 🤷‍♀️
  • Just scheduled my genetic blood tests for April 1! So much sooner than I though! 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @aztecash congratulations 🎉 
  • 😲 am I seeing right? These days you can find out of your having a boy or a girl from a blood test? 🤔
  • @titus211 yes ma’am! It wasn’t huge back in 2015 when I had DD (unless you were AMA) but now it’s standard for insurance to pay for it for nearly everyone.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/noninvasive-prenatal-testing/about/pac-20384574
  • @aztecash yay for a healthy boy! So exciting. 

@cait32 Way to hold strong! It sounds fun to not know until birth but I could literally never ever do it. I don’t like secrets and especially when I can know if I wanted too. I sometimes google netflix series as I’m watching them because I can’t take not knowing while I’m watching, lol 

I really wish we can do the test as we had planned but unfortunately, cannot since Baby A didn’t make it. It’ll throw off the tests and could give bad results if baby A had something and it can also pick up that gender. I mean, we can, but why possibly get bad results and worry. 
  • Oh ok! I don’t do the genetic testing so that’s probably why I didn’t know about it since it’s done as part of that! That’s interesting though! I also love finding out as baby is born! I’ve never been wrong in any of my last 4 though so technically I find out ahead of time I guess I just don’t have it confirmed until birth! 😂
  • @steph-ann I also, like @cait32 very typically ruin every surprise I have had, but have been able to hold strong on team green for both of my pregnancies.  Which included numerous ultrasounds, many of which I went to alone!
  • Submitted my sneak peek today sooo hopefully will know next week. Although I don’t think I’ll fully believe it until our anatomy scan. And wow that test was stressful AF but I went to a friends house who has all girls so the possibility of male contamination was null so hoping that helps the results come back as accurate as possible 
  • @pizzaplz Congrats! Boys are so much fun! (I'm sure girls are too, I'm just biased.)
  • @aztecash thank you, I appreciate you saying that. I'm happy, but I'm also pretty nervous. I have a daughter, and this baby will be about the same age difference with her as me and my brother, and our relationship was and is rough. I know this is a totally different person, but I can't help projecting a little! Good thing I've got time to process my own feelings.
  • @chindimples04 Remember that your feelings are valid, don't let anyone try to diminsh them. And, plus side, finding out this early gives you lots of time to work through them. Yay for low risk!
  • @chindimples04 I suffered with gender disappointment with my first. I never wanted a boy, but I am so glad I got him. It’s hard when you see the cute girly clothes etc. but boys LOVE their mamas 
  • @chindimples04 had things gone the other way for me I know I’d be in the same boat. It’s more than ok to feel that way. I’m happy that you are low risk.
  • @chindimples04 completely valid and it’s okay to feel this way. Hugs mama!

@madiirosee congrats on your girl 💕 I love the cake reveal as well. Nice tasty treat