October 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3.8 - 3.14

Re: Weekly Randoms 3.8 - 3.14

• I had such a lazy weekend! I still want more lazy though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m back working in person and really missing my midday nap. 😭
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 I never want to go back to in person.  I've become recluse. 
  • @vampirina A Christmas party? I know times are weird, but...??
  • @noprobalo She hosts an annual Christmas Party where she requires everyone to dress up and be festive (and gets upset if you don't). She wanted a second chance for it since no one would go in December, bc, you know, covid cases in our area were like 9,000+ per day. Its not a particularly fun party in normal years, so I'm extra happy to skip it 😆. 
  • @vampirina That sounds tedious at best even during Christmas time. I enjoy being festive (not so much dressing up), but I've been done with Christmas for a while now. Do they still have their tree up? 😬
  • @noprobalo I have no idea! I wouldn't be surprised if she puts it back up if not. It's definitely a bit strange, that's for sure. 
  • @vampirina that would be a no from me as well lol. Was she understanding of your decision?
  • We plan to go team green this time and DH is convinced already that it's a boy.  I am 9 weeks and while I feel nauseous but have not thrown up once except for one time which was related to a migraine.  So now I am wondering anyone know someone or maybe you have a daughter and never threw up?  Everyone I know who had daughters threw up in their first trimester in contrast though I do know woman who had boys that threw up in the first trimester.  I know it's not supposed to be a predictor...    
  • @tingsmom so my one friend was SUPER sick with her daughter, like had to go on zofran, but then was less sick with her son (still sick, took Bonjesta for awhile but was able to get off it). My SIL was most sick with her pregnancy with her daughter compared to her sons. But she also got more and more sick with each pregnancy (her daughter was her third)

I was SO sick with my son and and am SO sick again this time so who knows 🤣 I think maybe it just depends on the person? I personally think most old wives tales are just that- old wives tales. I mean it’s a 50/50 chance each time you’ll get a boy or a girl haha 
  • @tingsmom I have both a girl and a boy and my symptoms were much more severe with my boy. I'm not really a puker in pregnancy regardless, but the fatigue, bloating, and nausea were much worse with my son than my daughter. I'm convinced this is a boy because it's so much more similar to my son. Fwiw, I did puke more with my son than my daughter.  It was like 2-3 times with my son and only once with my girl. 
  • @momofmiracles31889 and @vampirina thank you!  I know it's just an old wives tale but since I couldn't come up with someone who hadn't thrown up with girls, I was wondering what other people have experienced.  After I sent this, I realized that I think my mom was that way.  She had two girls and she didn't even know she was pregnant with me until she was already in her second trimester so I am assuming she didn't throw up, but she doesn't know I am pregnant yet so I can't ask her.  

• @tingsmom I have two girls and nausea has never been my main symptom! I threw up a couple of times with my first, but it wasn't in the first trimester. Once before my glucose test, and a couple of times in the week before I went into labor. This pregnancy is following the exact pattern of my other two so I'm convinced it's another girl.
  • @tingsmom FWIW, my mom had 2 girls and never got sick, I think the same goes for my cousin's wife. My other cousin's wife was terribly sick with her boy and girl.

I found a recipe for a yummy sounding mocktail that I want to make tonight. It calls for mango puree, but the only kind I can find is baby food pouches. I think making a mocktail with baby food is the most pregnant thing I have ever done.
  • Thoughts on traveling across the US in June? DH and I are seriously considering a trip to FL. Normal times I'd be like HELL YESSS. But now I'm questioning it because pandemic
  • @vampirina what's your risk tolerance, what kind of vacation are you planning, and will you and your husband be fully vaccinated by then? Those answers would probably shape my decision, personally. Like if I could realistically minimize contact with others (e.g. a secluded beach house vs rental condo + Disney; drive vs fly), I'd probably go. Vacations are great! I am super risk-averse, but last fall we did a road trip to Colorado and stayed for a month, and it was magical. I hope you can find a way to relax and treat yourself whether you go or not.
  • @vampirina We flew to Florida in February, and it was uneventful. I would not have wanted to be stuck on a longer flight wearing a mask, though. Some places in Florida still have a lot of restrictions.
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited March 2021
    @tingsmom, I agree with the others that there is not necessarily rhyme or reason to why some pregnancies cause nausea and vomiting but not others. That being said..... this pregnancy is totally different than my daughter's (I haven't vomited a single time yet, but I was super sick with DD), so obviously I'm now convinced it's a boy. I KNOW it's an old wives tale. I know that. But there's nothing else exciting going on in my life so I might as well speculate 😂
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited March 2021
    @vampirina, are you planning to take your kids on the trip, or just you and DH? I've been very very covid-cautious and haven't gone anywhere but work in last year. That being said, I think there are definitely safe ways to travel and we are planning a couple trips this summer. Driving in your own car would be safer than flying, and staying in a private AirBNB house/condo/etc would be safer than staying in a hotel. Visiting state parks for hiking/nature/recreation would be safer than visiting amusement parks and frequenting bars. There are definitely ways to travel safely! And if you and DH will be fully vaccinated by June, even better.
  • I'm thinking of a beach trip. We live in the upper Midwest, so we'd have to fly (because I'm not driving for 4 days for a long weekend) but airplanes don't bother me so much because the air is usually ultrafiltered. I think we'd likely stay in a hotel or condo depending on what we can book and mostly be outside - eating on patios, in our private space, or on the beach. I *should* be vaccinated by then since pregnancy is a qualifier, but its a toss up for DH and whether he can get his that early. It'd just be us!