3rd Trimester

Are These Braxton Hicks?

Around 9:02pm I started getting what felt like a period cramp. It would ease up, and then came back. It went on like this until 9:14pm. Then around 10:38pm, they started again, same thing happened, and lasted until 10:46pm. Around 10:44pm they started going for the back/hip area on my left side. My mom never experienced Braxton hicks so she told me to keep track of them and make sure it isn't early labor. I'm 33 weeks, 3 days. Are these Braxton hicks and is there any way to relieve them because I am not good with pain and these hurt >.<

Re: Are These Braxton Hicks?

• Around 9:02pm I started getting what felt like a period cramp. It would ease up, and then came back. It went on like this until 9:14pm. Then around 10:38pm, they started again, same thing happened, and lasted until 10:46pm. Around 10:44pm they started going for the back/hip area on my left side. My mom never experienced Braxton hicks so she told me to keep track of them and make sure it isn't early labor. I'm 33 weeks, 3 days. Are these Braxton hicks and is there any way to relieve them because I am not good with pain and these hurt >.<
    If you have regular, painful contractions at 33 weeks you need to call your doctor. If it is preterm labor they may be able to stop it. If not, at least you’ll know.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • <b>Please call your doctor</b>.  BH for me were never painful in the slightest, just like an overall belly tightening or firmness, and they are not at all timeable.  Even my early labor contractions with my last baby were so non-painful that I didn't realize how close we were getting to labor.  If you are having contractions that feel at all painful like a period cramp, and they don't stop if you sit down, relax and drink water, call ASAP.

Another telltale sign of BH is that they can happen from overexertion and/or mild dehydration, where as "real" contractions can come on at any time and don't go away if you take a breather.  But again, BH would not be painful.  <b>If you are hurting, Please Call.</b> ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • @BusinessWife I beg to differ.  YES, Braxton Hicks CAN HURT and be 'painful '  what one person describes as pain may not be pain to someone else.  I will be honest my Braxton Hicks were painful.. 

What she is describing does sound like Braxton Hicks, but I highly encourage OP to contact her office nurses line and talk to them to get a better idea of whether what she is experiencing is concerning or not.