July 2021 Moms
Options

Let's talk about FB

Some have voiced an interest in making the move to FB eventually. Because this is a public forum and FB is less anonymous we need to discuss how we want to proceed.

-When do you want to do to the switch? 
  - days? 
  - weeks?
  - months? 
-Vote on admins?
 - anyone care to throw their name in? 
-requirements to join the FB group?
 - regulars only?
 - who qualifies as regular? 
 - vetting system to prove your real? 

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting so please add in them comments and I'll edit this original post to include them. 
Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: Let's talk about FB

• Options
    My last BMB selected admins and then people had to submit a current photo with their name, the date, and due date on it to prove they were real. Anyone we were questionable on, the admins voted (I was an admin) and anyone we wanted group consensus, we voted on once more members were in the group. 

I’m cool to go whenever. FB is much easier for me to access as I’m on it anyways to talk to my BMB daily. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    I like the way @AKuzReve’s old group did it. That seems like a logical way to do it. I assume you’d hold up a piece of paper with your name, the current date, and your due date - just to prove you aren’t a catfish, right? 

I honestly hate TB app, so I am cool with moving whenever. Days, weeks, months... doesn’t matter to me. If I had to be more precise I’d probably say sooner, just so I don’t have to keeping dealing with the glitchiness of TB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @daisy528, yes exactly. Your face and your bump had to be visible in the picture. 

• Options

Cropped out my face and my name but this was it (and of course in the real picture, it has my name and my face haha). 

• Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited March 2021
    @AKuzReve that's basically what several of BMBs did too. Care to throw in your name for in for an admin? 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I don't really have anything to add - just +1 to everything @AKuzReve said.
  • Options
    Well this is timely! I’ve been MIA the last few days because the TB app has been HORRID. 

My last BMB transitioned to FB via a private TB group. We let anyone who wanted to be in the private group and had been active in and then we all opened up a bit more which allowed us to vet people before moving to FB. It worked too 😅

• Options
    With my first BMB, we moved shortly before  the babies were born. We had 4-5 admins and we would message them on here giving them our real name, they would find us on fb and add us to the group. I definitely agree that it should only be people that have been active, especially since fb shows real information. I’m also ok with the send a picture with bump/sn/name/due date. I try to be active on here but TB app just sucks. I’m happy to move to fb whenever 
  • Options
    I'm good moving now! Happy to do it however the group wants to

• Options
    @nopegoat, sure, why not! What’s one more group to admin? 😅😅

• Options
    Thanks @AKuzReve! Anyone else care to throw their name in? 3-4 admin should be good I think. I can throw my name in if no one else wants to. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I can’t say I have any experience to chime in with as I’m a FTM. If moving to FB will liven things up with the group I’m all for it!
  • Options
    If you need another admin I can help out 
  • Options
    Happy to help admin if needed!
  • Options
    Just chiming in from the peanut gallery to say I totally support the move - hating using the bump these days!!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yay I can’t wait! Thank you ladies for volunteering to admin! I’m already admin for my other two so I didn’t speak up 😂 but I appreciate you!

• Options
    I'm all for FB and can admin if more is needed.  I'm religiously on FB.  TB not so much.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Sounds great to me! Thank you ladies!

• Options
    sounds good to me!
  • Options
    Sounds good! I approve of any admins who aren’t myself 
  • Options
    Perfect!! Thanks ladies!
  • Options