Pregnant after IF
Options

All trimester check in - week of 12/13/2020

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What are you watching/reading/listening to right now?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling:

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13 - Baby Boy is here! Congratulations!

@vetgirl2011 EDD 11/17 - Baby Boy is here!  Congratulations!

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@the_road_to_oz EDD 12/31

@laurelew EDD 3/4 (boy)

@Kimbrlyg814 EDD 3/6 

@madasm0530 EDD 4/3

@lucyb1954 EDD 3/17 (girl)

@FuzzyDust EDD 5/30

@halfanewt EDD 6/4

@laurad75 EDD 6/26

@late_bloomer EDD 6/27

Re: All trimester check in - week of 12/13/2020

• Options
    • How far along/EDD? 28w4d, EDD 3/4/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? Generally good.  I entered the third trimester last Thursday and the fatigue came back right on schedule.  Daily naps have been happening.  Also wow, regarding the bladder pressure/urge to pee.  Not fun.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Kitchen project was completed the week of Thanksgiving.  Waiting for them to come back to tackle the shower (I currently have a giant tub hanging out in my living room!).  I have some time off from work this week and next due to excess leave I have to use up before the end of the year.
    • Upcoming appointments?  Glucose test was this morning.  Should get my results tomorrow or Wednesday.  I had an in person OB appt scheduled for Wed that was just switched to telehealth on account of the upcoming snowstorm we're supposed to get in the Northeast.
    • GTKY: What are you watching/reading/listening to right now?  I started the fourth book in the Giver quartet this morning at my glucose test.  While it's dystopian in nature, it features a young girl who was pregnant and then what happens after that.  It felt very fitting to think of how that must have felt for her as I'm feeling my little boy moving around inside of me.
    @lucyb1954 Thanks for starting this thread!
  • Options
    It’s been a while since I’ve checked in with you ladies! 

• How far along/EDD? 28w2d, 3/6/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? Great! A little more tired but still more energetic than the first trimester. Feeling our little guys kicking low and I am praying he flips over soon because having my bladder kicked isn’t fun 🤣
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Raves! Passed my glucose test and all is looking well. Still working out and feeling good while working out. Been doing childbirth classes with our doula and it’s amazing! I am beyond excited and cannot wait for our little boy to be here! Also finished his room this past weekend. Just feeling on cloud nine and so excited! 
    • Upcoming appointments? I have a OB checkup on the 28th. Next and final US January 18. Cannot believe how fast time is going!
    • GTKY: What are you watching/reading/listening to right now? Reading lots of baby material - mostly related to natural labor and delivery. Watching survivor! First time I’m watching and it’s a good show to pass some time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Everyone and Happy Holidays
    • How far along/EDD? 12+3/ June 23 (RCS)
    • How are you feeling this week? feeling okay.  I'm in an annoying pattern of falling asleep very early at night and then waking up at 4 am (this morning was 3:30).  I also had a wild spell this morning of feeling very lightheaded and then getting a hot flash.  Unsettling.  
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? NIPT came back last week negative to abnormalities and ... it's a girl!  What?!
    • Upcoming appointments? NT ultrasound is next Tuesday and I'm so anxious.  Hoping for a boring ultrasound so I can share our news with family at Christmas (on zoom and facetime obviously)
    • GTKY: What are you watching/reading/listening to right now? I'm reading American Dirt.  I'm just a few chapters in but its freaking scary.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @Kimbrlyg814 I am in awe of all of your birth prep!  I signed up for a few pre-natal Zoom classes in January but I am still firmly in the denial camp (and hoping my baby is breech so I qualify for a c-section!).

@laurad75 Congrats on your baby girl!!  Super exciting to have that great NIPT test back and to know the gender now. :)
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 27w6d, 3/17/21
    • How are you feeling this week? Could be worse! Nausea is easing off (although still getting some daily) but heartburn seems to be the next issue. Seriously, my digestive system #facepalm
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Whelp, I failed both my gestational diabetes tests! Bunk. I'm pretty good about walking these days and not terrible with my diet so it was a surprise. I'll visit with the folks in MFM pretty soon and work on it. If anyone has experienced this and has advice, I will gladly take it!
    • Upcoming appointments? Next Wednesday, just a check in with my OB but I'm guessing the MFM folks will want to get me in ASAP for the GD stuff. 
    • GTKY: What are you watching/reading/listening to right now? I just finished reading "Educated" by Tara Westover, which was excellent and now rewatching all the Great British Baking Show because I need new shows! I've forgotten what happens anyway :)
    HI everyone! Good to check in, things have been so busy with work and a short vacation and holiday stuff that I haven't been active on here. Plus the gestational diabetes test  got me down for awhile...it'll be okay, it just was unexpected for me. I'm starting to get a little panicky about how soon everything is coming up! Does anyone have any suggestions about good infant care books? Or infant care online classes? I signed up for a basic birthing class but no other birth prep so far. Gah, I feel so unprepared!

@laurad75 that is SO awesome!!! Yay for free and clear NIPT results! And a baby girl too! Were you hoping for a girl or boy? Congrats on the great NIPT!
  • Options
    @lucyb1954 I've been suffering from the heartburn as well.  It hit me the worst in November but it still comes and goes even now.  I'm so sorry to hear about your GD test, but I'm sure the MFM folks will have some good suggestions for you to keep everything on track.
  • Options
    @laurad75 Congratulations on a healthy baby girl!!!! 💕💕💕 GL at next week's scan. That will be so fun you tell your family for Christmas; sorry it's still virtual. (((Hugs))) what a crazy year.
  • Options
    mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited December 2020
    @lucyb1954
    Have you selected a pediatrician yet? (Also if you need some pointers for that, let me know -- I come from a long line of pediatricians and work in my family's pediatric practice.) Some pediatrics offices will offer infant care classes to soon-to-be parents free of charge. You can also check with the maternity ward at the hospital you plan on delivering at. I also recommend getting the "Your Baby's First Year" book from the AAP for general advice. Your Baby's First Year, 5th Edition [Paperback] - AAP

Secondly, don't stress too much about being ready for baby! Mine came early at 35 weeks and we had absolutely NOTHING prepared. Newborns don't need much at home for those first weeks. We actually ordered the car seat from the hospital when they told us they were scheduling induction for that evening XD XD Thank you Amazon! DH set up the car seat, pack n'play (this is a MUST have item), and the bassinet while baby and I were resting in hospital after delivery. I also ordered a layette while I was waiting for the induction to start (a collection of baby linens/clothes so you're not scrambling to get everything separately in those first few weeks -- gerber sells a nice one which was super affordable and great quality). If you have family and friends in the area, I would also reach out to them if you end up delivering early and need some help getting everything ready; my mom went to Target and picked up a bunch of baby essentials, my aunt had her church group deliver meals every other day for the first two weeks, my sister collected a bunch of hand-me-downs from her girls and gave them to us.

@lauralew
    I didn't do any birthing classes and basically pretended it wasn't going to happen lol and then I ended up with a c-section anyway, so yay! The nurses and doctors in labor/delivery know everything so I just let them lead the show. Also, the Giver is one of my all-time fav books but I haven't read the others in the series. Perhaps I should pick them up; what you are reading sounds interesting!

@laurad75
    Yay, a girl! And more importantly a nice healthy little girl :smile:

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    New here, jumping right in!

How far along/EDD? 4w6d / Aug 19th

How are you feeling this week? So much Anxiety.  This was a complete surprise.  We’ve been trying for over a decade, 2 IUI’s, 2 retrievals, 3 FET’s, 2 pregnancy losses.  This is our first spontaneous pregnancy and honestly we were moving on with life, fostering a 14 year old we hope to adopt.  At 37 and 43 we were debating on what to do with the last frozen embryo that’s been sitting since our last MC in Jan 2018.  We don’t know how to feel about this and don’t trust it.  Struggling to find the joy in the experience.  I’ve told my mom, sister and best friend because I have to have someone to talk through the anxiety with and support us whichever way it turns out.

Symptoms - sore breasts for the last 2 weeks, some stomach unrest kicked in yesterday, lots of cramping yesterday and some brown mucousy discharge sporadically since Sunday evening. So much worry.

Did a Beta Monday (4w4d) HCG=104, Prog=3.6.  RE is concerned about low progesterone.  

Rants/Raves? Questions? For those of your further along, did you notice much spotting/discharge early on?  So many symptoms can be good or bad signs, I’m just curious.  I don’t remember having this much discharge early on with my two losses, but those were post FET and I was on progesterone supplements from the beginning, which are messy and count have hidden the discharge.  I don’t know what a non-IVF pregnancy is supposed to feel like.

Upcoming appointments? Another blood draw today

GTKY: What are you watching/reading/listening to right now? Lots of Christmas Music.  Watched True Lies last night, love that movie.  It was one of my dad’s absolute favorites and I was so happy to find it streaming on Amazon.  It stood the test of time, the 14 yr old got a kick out of it.

December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options

@laurelew I love the Giver series.  I read The Giver in high school and it was my favorite book for a long time, I didn’t realize until a few years back that there was a whole series.  

@laurad75 Congrats on a girl and clear NIPT!!

December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83
    One of the things that stuck with me through my only successful pregnancy thus far was that things seemed different than my other BFP's (losses) and BFN's (natural and IUI). So I think noticing some differences is positive and a good sign that things are heading in the right direction! I had spotting and brown discharge from a few days prior to my BFP until 12 weeks and I was not on progesterone suppositories -- PIO instead. I had never had spotting or discharge in my previous pregnancies and BFN's. !!!!!!

Congrats to you also - that's a great beta number!! -- maybe this is your Christmas miracle!!! We were TTC for 6 years until our daughter was born and we had also started pursuing fostering/adopting before we got the BFP on our only IVF cycle (I wanted to do IVF once so I would have no regrets that I didn't try everything and the agency recommended that I do so for closure purposes). We may still do so in the future if my upcoming IVF cycle is unsuccessful, by then my daughter will be old enough that the agency we were working with will allow us to start the process again (CCAI -- china adoption).  So I get that awkward feeling since I had to tell my agency and a family friend who was helping us with the process (she has 4 kids from China).  FX for you!!!

Are they going to give you some progesterone supplements?
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Options
    Hi Ladies!
    • How far along/EDD? 12+3/ June 27
    • How are you feeling this week? I’m feeling pretty good - no nausea and my usual congestion/headaches are under control this week.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I have had some bleeding/spotting since the beginning but it seems to have stopped.  I completely stopped my meds on week 10 and haven’t had bleeding since a few days after I stopped.  Hopefully it was all related to the meds and I don’t have to deal with that anxiety anymore.  One question- what should I expect from my first OB appointment?  Did you have an ultrasound?
    • Upcoming appointments? Next Monday I’m finally meeting my new OB.  I was supposed to have an appointment last week but she canceled because she was exposed to COVID  :#.  (It was just a scare and she’s tested negative for a couple weeks now).  I went back to my RE to check on the little guy last week and all was good.  I haven’t done any genetic testing yet (but this was a PGS tested embryo).  I feel like I’m a little behind because I wanted to announce to my family on Christmas.  I even sent them some Christmas ornaments to open that say “Coming soon, Baby (husband’s last name) June 2021.  (Gotta love Etsy). I guess I will go ahead and announce and trust all is ok.
    • GTKY: What are you watching/reading/listening to right now? I'm reading The Henna Artist. I need a new show to watch so I’m open to any suggestions.
    @lucyb1954 - thanks for starting this thread!  Sorry about the GD test.
    @laurad75 - congrats on a little girl!  I just read American Dirt a few months ago.  It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time!  
    @ChristenMA83 - Welcome and congrats on your happy surprise!  I’ve never had a non-IVF pregnancy, so I can’t comment on the discharge but I can relate to the anxiety that you’re feeling.  I’ve had spotting and sometimes bleeding bright red until about 10 days ago.  At first I had so much anxiety about it but I just decided to be happy for every day that I’m pregnant. It was driving me crazy to focus on the long term outcome (baby), so I just started focusing on the now instead.  Good luck on your upcoming blood draw!

• Options
    @mbradfo2 if today's results show HCG progressing and still low progesterone they will prescribe supplements.  Should know this afternoon.

@late_bloomer thanks for the reminder to focus on the now.  I'm so used to having 2 months of planning leading up to a possible BFP that I think I'm jamming all the anxiety into this week 🤣
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 Congratulations on the pregnancy!  Best of luck on today's HCG blood draw.

@late_bloomer I was very curious about whether or not I would have an ultrasound at my first OB appt as well.  My OB's office has an ultrasound machine and has offered to do one each time I have had an in office appointment (so far only two appointments have been in office, most have been telehealth).  However my OB's ultrasound machines are garbage and I cannot make out anything on the screen!  I was definitely spoiled by the high quality ultrasound machines at my RE's office and then at Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) where I got my 12 and 20 week ultrasounds.  Still it's better than nothing and you do get to hear the heartbeat at the OB's office.

@mbradfo2 and @ChristenMA83 The full Giver series is really good!  I also did not know there were more books until a few years back.  Partly because book 3 did not come out until 2004 and book did not come out until 2012!  This is my first time reading the full quartet.  I highly recommend it.  (Just a forewarning, book 2 seems completely separate from The Giver as you are reading it.  Don't be discouraged; there is a reason for it, which you find out in subsequent books.)
  • Options
    TW...

Yesterday's HCG was 76...so more than likely a chemical pregnancy, on top of that the brown discharge has turned red this morning and increased in amount.   We will do another blood draw Monday to make sure it's continues to go down and there are no complications.  A little passed at the universe for this firedrill.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 I am so sorry. <3
  • Options
    I'm sorry @ChristenMA83.  It's so disappointing.  We hope to see you back here soon. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @ChristenMA83 I’m sorry 😞 thinking of you! We are here if you need anything at all and to talk ❤️

@laurelew I’m in awe of all the house projects you’ve kept on!! It’s amazing!

@lucyb1954 heartburn- ugh! Me too! It’s terrible!
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83
    I'm so incredibly sorry for you :-(  -creepy internet hugs-
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @ChristenMA83 - I’m so sorry.  
  • Options
    @ChristenMA83 I am so very, very sorry. It so often feels, with IF, that the universe is just singling us out for punishment. If you ever have any inkling to try donor eggs or anything, feel free to DM me, happy to talk. And happy to talk anytime you need about anything. 
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz Congratulations on your baby girl! She is beautiful. I hope you have a quick and easy recovery. ❤️
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz Congratulations!  She is beautiful!
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz
    Welcome to the world, beautiful little girl!  I love the name also!!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @the_road_to_oz Congratulations! What a beautiful girl! 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz congratulations!! That’s a great photo- welcome to the world little lady!!
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations @the_road_to_oz!!!! 
  • Options
    Congratulations @the_road_to_oz !!
  • Options
    Late to the party, but Congratulations!!! @the_road_to_oz 🎉🎉🎉. Hope you are still enjoying all those fresh squishes!