September 2021 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 3/1

Feel free to share all your symptoms here. 

How far along are you? 

What symptoms are you experiencing this week? 

Questions? 

Re: Weekly Symptoms 3/1

• How far along are you? 11w4d 

What symptoms are you experiencing this week? I’m so cold all the time. I can’t get warm. My schoolroom stays so cold I run a space heater while we are in there and even when I’m sitting right in front of it I can’t get warm. Now that DH is back home I plan to make him take the dog out whenever he is available to. I can’t go out there and then come inside and get warm. It just doesn’t happen. 

• I’m 10w 1d today and have my first prenatal appointment with my midwives. 

My symptoms have been very different from my first pregnancy and not really much at all. The queasiness has subsided, but the exhaustion is here to stay and hits around 1pm, which is my toddlers nap time so that is some sort of miracle, but it just hangs over me until I go to bed. Last night I had some bright red spotting that was light and my panty liner was clean this morning, but it still made me anxious and ready for my appointment. My back has been aching something crazy the last day or so as well which I read is very common at this stage (between 10-14 weeks). You’d think this was my first pregnancy with how different it is! 
  • Loading the player...
  • 10+2, nausea is sometimes better. So tired. Cranky as all heck today! Also anxiously awaiting my first appointment in person on Friday. I have no reason to think anything is wrong really but I’m worked up about it. 
  • ageaagea member
    12+6

Some remaining food aversions and nausea but more mild. Always tired.

@ahall1107 I hope your appt goes well today and is reassuring after the spotting! I know that can be so nerve racking.

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I always worry too. It’s good to get the reassurance.
  • 13+3

Nausea and exhaustion is much much better. I seemed to turn a corner mid week 12. With my second baby i was sick all the way till 20 weeks, so I am so relieved. I'm starting to get more headaches though which is no fun, probably not drinking enough water. And the back aches are starting too, I find it hard to get comfortable at bedtime.
  • @emeraldcity1214 during the earliest part of my pregnancy I struggled with extreme coldness too! I was constantly putting on sweaters and blankets. It was super annoying. Now I'm the opposite and getting hot flashes 🙄

@ahall1107 hope all goes well with your appointment! 

10+2 - Ive been having entire days lately where I feel pretty normal, which has been such a relief. Energy is back. I'm super cranky with my kids and getting hot flashes and headaches. Starting to definitely look pregnant too. It's definitely no longer all bloat lol. The scale is starting to go up (I was losing for a little while because of the morning sickness)

• How far along are you? 11w 5d

What symptoms are you experiencing this week? I'm cold, too!! It's odd! Occasionally still feeling queasy, and having a lot of aversions, but I've stopped taking unisom for 2 days now, and I seem to be fine without it! I'm tired and out of breath (have been since mid-January and have gotten several negative covid tests since, so I'm 100% sure it's just pregnancy). I'm also feeling BIG. I just have to get through this week, then next week I'll start telling my students so I can finally not stress so much about what I'm wearing to work every day. I feel like I can only wear sweatshirts or my belly is super obvious! I may starting posting in HDBD this week... maybe... it's not a cute belly yet, but it feels and looks big to me.  

Questions? 
  • 12+5 

Feeling pretty good in general.  Nausea stopped at about 8 weeks.  But I've been taking daily naps after my husband wakes up because I just can't seem to shake the exhaustion.  I've been freezing so far I'm pretty much always wrapped in a blanket or sporting multiple sweaters.  I cannot eat much after 4pm otherwise it feels like my whole digestive system is filled with cement which is upsetting because my husband has been cooking really nice dinners. 
  • Add me to the cold crew! One day while working from home I had the heat up to 78 in our house  :D My husband was so confused when he got home! 

We have vaulted ceilings and I find it SO HARD to warm up if I'm sitting still. 
  • 12+6

I am SO FULL OF RAGE today. Like, I've been irritable and cranky with this pregnancy, but nothing like today! Luckily I was working from home today and could yell as much as I wanted to (and explained to MH that it was happening so he knew not to take me personally today).

I think there's a bump? It seems early, but I compared to a picture from 2 weeks ago in similar clothing and it looks different. I don't know, maybe I'm just being over eager because its my first and we've been waiting so long for this!
  • @sawwasap I know a lot of people that start showing around 11-12 weeks (even with the first) - I feel like I definitely already look pregnant and I'm only 10 weeks (but this is #3)
  • @sawasap @chewie5990 I definitely look pregnant. With my first I was wearing normal jeans til like 16,17 weeks. This time I’ve been in maternity pants since week 9🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Headaches are coming in strong this week. Here’s hoping the nausea starts to dwindle soon!! So sick of feeling awful
  • 13w4d 
    My neausa is starting up again in the morning. It's great to be on thyroid meds and not be able to eat for an hour after I wake up.

Jealous of all the people feeling flutters.  I don't expect to feel anything for a few more weeks, but I wish I could now.  I I have is the twinges and pains of my uterus stretching out.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @chewie5990 I looked pregnant as soon as we knew I was pregnant. Enough so that DH and I questioned if I was a month further along than we thought. 

(come to find out part of that was an ovarian cyst the size of a grapefruit, but I also just generally bloat whenever anyone mentions hormones)

I've been in maternity pants for a few weeks now with no shame. 

• Most people get charlie horses in their calves.  I get mine in my feet.  It started with DD towards the end of my pregnancy.  They have been so bad lately and are even worse when I don't drink enough which I have been bad about lately. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Centralmnmom I get the feet ones too. Luckily none yet this pregnancy but I’m expecting them to come any day now... they’re the worst! 
  • After you guys were talking about flutters, I think I might have felt something the other night but not sure! Maybe just wishful thinking.

Anyone still short of breath? I haven’t been sick but every once in awhile (usually after chasing the kids or doing stairs or something) I feel short of breath. Don’t remember it happening this early before
  • 11w4d

I'm constantly freezing. I've always had a hard time getting and staying warm so it's not really new but it's alot more intense/frequent than prepregnancy. Nausea subsided mostly for a few weeks and then came back again the other day. Not too bad today though.

I felt some movement yesterday morning when I woke up at 5am to pee and then as usual had trouble getting back to sleep. First time feeling anything this pregnancy which makes me excited, hopefully it picks up soon.
  • 11 weeks today and so many weird dreams last night! I feel like I barely slept
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast the other night I actually screamed “HELP!”  in my sleep. Woke up my husband but he went immediately back to sleep... good to know he’s got my back if I yell at him in the middle of the night 😂 I’ve been having insane dreams too since I found out I was pregnant! 
  • ageaagea member
    Yes crazy dreams! And H was just saying how much more I’ve been talking in my sleep lately. Makes sense.
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast I’m 13+1 and still short of breath often! DH laughs because before I got pregnant I was running like half marathons, and now I get winded if I walk down to the basement and back up. 

Also - yes me too with the weird dreams! 
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast YES! Every day, at least once a day, I'm like, "Is this from pregnancy, COVID, new sickness, or am I this out of shape??" 

I carried two six packs into the office today and might as well have been carrying 50 extra lbs. 

• ageaagea member
    I’m so hungry by 1030 for second breakfast I’m ready to pass out. I can’t make it to lunch.
    and my nose is suddenly so stuffy at night.

no bleeding gums yet this time round which is a nice change.