Infertility

February IVF/FET

Re: February IVF/FET

• @danij823 keeping my fingers crossed for you! My PGS results came back in like 5 days, I was so shocked! Hopefully yours comes back just as fast so you don't have to drive yourself crazy waiting :) 
  • @Lisa3379 That would be awesome! I will be so relieved when all this waiting is through, at least for a little while lol.  Luckily, my husband is taking me to Jamaica in a couple weeks so my mind will be at least partially preoccupied with that :) 

• Loading the player...
  • @danij823
    Sounds like things are going well with the embabies; FX for PGS results!! My clinic is similar; it won't freeze anything lower than B grade. All of my embryos from my first cycle were day 6 4BB embies (2)

TW
    and while we didn't test them, both implanted, one m/c and the other is a little girl who turns 3 in a few weeks! So, I think you're in good shape :smile:

Staying preoccupied is a HUGE necessity in IVF, especially when you get to transfer! I always had a little something planned for myself to distract me from everything, esp. since I get insomnia when I'm anxious and stay up all night worrying. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Thank you for all the good wishes. My transfer went well and I joined the waiting period. 
    My PIO injections started to be sensitive, maybe the area is getting sour and now I feel the injections. Not too bad but have been better. 

• @clare40 congrats on being PUPO. 
    @danij823 congrats on your embabies!
  • Glad to hear your transfer went well @clare40 :) 
    @danij823 fingers crossed for good pgs results! Jamaica sounds heavenly right now, what a treat!!
  • @clare40 yay congratulations! One more week to go :smile:

@danij823 good vibes to your embryos. Jamaica sounds amazing right now!
  • danij823danij823 member
    edited March 2021
    Thanks ladies!  They ended up freezing one more today so 3 are going off to PGS testing on Monday.  
    The embryologist said they are all graded 5BB and she said that is te most common grade given at my clinic.  I dunno, I'm trying to just stay positive.
    I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! 
  • @danij823 that’s great news!! Congrats!! Hoping for great pgs results! :blush:
  • @soccergirl23 how are you doing? Do you feel any early signs? I do not feel anything different 🤷‍♀️

Ladies, when is the earliest positive you tested after fet?  
  • @clare40 mine were 4 and 5 DP5DT. I didn’t feel any different really though. I think my earliest sign was sore boobs at 5 or 6DP, I would notice it taking my bra off at night how tender they were. 
  • @clare40 I’m okay! Trying to focus on everything but a pregnancy test haha what about you? No symptoms really, just extremely tired but I think that’s from the PIO? I had some cramping 2 days after the transfer but it only lasted a few hours. 
  • @sfield21 thank you. I will continue to wait then. 
    @soccergirl23 yes, its difficult but I will wait couple more days. I also get tired easily. Just focusing on my diet. Trying to eat healthy and resting as much as I can. 
  • @clare40 4 day countdown! I'm getting a little nervous for Friday - how are you feeling? I am so extremely tired, I even napped yesterday which I never do. Definitely trying to eat as many greens and fruits as possible which is always good :). Anything new symptom-wise with you?
  • Got my final report today I have one hatching blast.  They are sending off for testing...well batching as I'll be doing another round of IVF before testing any embryos.  Follow-up with my doctor is scheduled for April 1st so hoping to do either an April or May retrieval.   
  • @adamae1216
    I think a hatching blast is an excellent sign, even if it's only the one. Do you think your doctor will change your protocol to try to get more eggs next time? Or is the goal just one or two really good ones?

@soccergirl23
    I think being tired is a good sign! I really had no symptoms before my BFP other than some minor spotting once or twice (which I thought was period breakthrough bleeding). I didn't start getting any real symptoms until closer to 6/7 weeks. 

Oof with all of this stress, I've been on a bit of an online shopping binge (DH doesn't want me actually going shopping even though I got the vaccine). Thinking about buying some fun mugs from Disney (I'm a big tea drinker). I miss shopping sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @adamae1216 Oh my gosh, you are a strong woman, I don't think I could go through another retrieval that soon!  I hope you have nothing but happy news coming your way and good luck on your next retrieval girl! You are a warrior! 

• @soccergirl23 I got a little bit insomnia in the last two days and do not have any other symptoms. I have been very busy and was distracted thinking about Friday as we had some visitors.
  • @mbradfo2 I don't think we will change protocol but I won't do 1 shot of Ovidrel for trigger again.   If there is still an HCG shortage I may just wait.   I had the best response ever but I had an overwhelming amount of empty follicles.   Just so frustrating.   
    @danij823 I'm not that strong as I went for a drive last night and had a whole breakdown questioning if I could do this again and yelling at God a bit.  I sometimes need to cry alone because my husband is an eternal optimist about this and I just don't think he gets it sometimes.  Infertility sucks!
  • @adamae1216 a hatching blast is awesome! Fingers crossed that the HCG shortage is over by the time you start again! I think you're very strong as well, anyone dealing with infertility has to be to deal with all of these challenges and the waiting. Sometimes it's good to get it all out though, the emotions definitely keep building up and there's nothing wrong with a good crying session.

@mbradfo2 shopping is definitely a welcome distraction for me as well! Thank you for the reassurance :)

@clare40 I've been having some insomnia too the past few nights, wonder if that's a good sign.. visitors and distractions sound great right now :)
  • danij823danij823 member
    edited March 2021
    @adamae1216 I think I've cried more in the last month than I have cried in years!  This is such emotionally and physically draining process.  You're still strong and amazing!   My husband is the same way, always too optimistic.  I can't talk to him about my fears and doubts because he'll just say, "It's gonna work out".  Well honey, the truth is it might not!  Let me be sad and scared dammit! 

• lylflylf member
    @adamae1216, I understand the feeling of your husband not getting it. My husband just keeps saying it will be okay and that I'm stressing unnecessarily. He tells me to just relax, in which I just walk away, because I just want to scream at him that he doesn't get it. And then I want to bring him into my reality with all these walls closing in. But doing so never does any good. So I walk away. And when I'm alone, I will cry and breakdown and then he comes around and asks "why are you crying again?"

I just started using the excuse I'm hormonal leave me alone. But I definitely feel a wedge in our relationship. He wants kids but not necessarily now. To which I ask if not now, when? And he never has an answer. So I put my foot down and said we're giving it all we have. So he's along for the ride. But not invested the same way.

I hope you understand that I'm rooting for you and everyone on here.
  • lylflylf member
    @danij823 yes! let us just feel. If you can't feel with us, don't intrude and take it away.
  • @lylf my husband is the same way - he is happy to have kids and happy to not so while he is supportive of me he isn't invested the same. I also think unless they had to do the appointments, and drugs, and feelings it would be hard for them to understand the ups and downs and heartbreak 
    Me: 34 DH: 43
    Our Journey for #1
    2014 -- Started TTC casually
    2017 -- Discovered MFI but didn't move forward with treatment due to expense and grad school
    Spring 2019 -- Started with RE and confirmed MFI 
    Fall 2019 -- 3 cycles of Clomid and TI, 3 BFNs, discovered hostile cervical mucus was also contributing
    Spring/Summer 2020 -- 3 cycle of IUI, 3 BFNs
    Nov 2020 - First IVF with 3 little frosties, had to change to freeze all due to OHSS
    Feb 16, 2021 - FET #1 - BFP! Beta #1 100 Beta # 2 541 EDD 11/4/2021

• @lylf and @knb1027 Yep!  That's why I come to these forums, I know I'm going to have all these people who feel the exact same feelings, and are going through the same tests, injections, appointments, ups and downs.  It's wonderful to be able to see that I'm not alone. Not alone at all.  
  • Got my beta results back, the FET didn't take  :'( Feeling super bummed and disappointed after all of this time, energy and money we've put in. Not really sure how to stop being so upset but just letting myself feel it for now. 

@clare40 hoping you got better news today!
  • @soccergirl23 im soo srry😞😞😞....praying for you❤️❤️
  • @soccergirl23 Oh honey I'm so sorry  <3
    Me: 34 DH: 43
    Our Journey for #1
    2014 -- Started TTC casually
    2017 -- Discovered MFI but didn't move forward with treatment due to expense and grad school
    Spring 2019 -- Started with RE and confirmed MFI 
    Fall 2019 -- 3 cycles of Clomid and TI, 3 BFNs, discovered hostile cervical mucus was also contributing
    Spring/Summer 2020 -- 3 cycle of IUI, 3 BFNs
    Nov 2020 - First IVF with 3 little frosties, had to change to freeze all due to OHSS
    Feb 16, 2021 - FET #1 - BFP! Beta #1 100 Beta # 2 541 EDD 11/4/2021

• @soccergirl23 😞 so sorry to hear. You will be in my thoughts. 
    My results came in late and is at borderline so it will be repeated in 2 days. 
  • @clare40 really hoping that it’s good news for you!! Sending positive thoughts  <3
  • sfield21sfield21 member
    edited March 2021
    I’m so sorry to hear @soccergirl23.... absolutely let yourself feel all the emotions. Hoping you can come to peace and try again soon. 

Hoping for good news for you @clare40
  • @soccergirl23 so sorry 😔. I know it’s so devastating. Hugs to you
    @clare40 fingers crossed for doubling numbers 
  • Had my retrieval today, 25 were retrieved, now the waiting game begins, trying to keep my mind off it..so hard😩
  • @vl__2019
    25 sounds great! Will they update you tomorrow, at 3 days and at 5 days?

@soccergirl23
    Ugh, BFN's are the worst after all of this energy goes into everything. I hope you have some space to heal before thinking about next steps. Will you do another FET or cycle?

@clare40
    FX for good news!

I'm just sorta getting caught up on all the chatter -- my husband is totally hands off when it comes to this stuff (he's a great dad who adores his daughter; he's just not in his comfort zone when dealing with fertility things/etc. He's a computer guy so having so many "unknowns" is not his cup of tea -- and he's not very touchy feely. He basically does what I need him to do -- provide his "sample" etc. I do all of my injections and most of my appointments. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 They said they will update me on how many fertilized 2maro, i think next update after that will be day 5 days after
  • @vl__2019 25 is a great number.   Did they give you a fertilization report?  🤞🏾 you get some good embabies out of this. 
    @soccergirl23 I'm so sorry the transfer didn't take.   Do you have more frozen embryos?
    AFM - my post ER period has come and this cramping is terrible.   Uugh!
  • Thank you ladies, I appreciate it.

@vl__2019 that sounds very promising, congratulations!

I don't have any other frozen embryos so I'm planning to do another ER cycle as soon as I can, but I'm not sure if you're supposed to take time off between a failed FET and a ER cycle -- anyone have any experience/thoughts with this? I speak to my RE next week to discuss next steps. 
  • Got my Fertilization report, 25 retrieved 18 mature 9 fertilized, hoping we get at least 3 by Saturday 
  • @vl__2019 that’s great! ☺️ Hoping for good results on Saturday 🤞🏻❤️
  • @vl__2019
    Fab report!!

@soccergirl23
    Not any personal experience with back-to-back ER's here, but some of the ladies on the Low AMH board have done them (since they are basically a necessity for many ladies with low AMH as they might only get 1 or 2 good eggs per cycle). They seem to be able to do back-to-back retrievals as long as the doctor is okay with it and your side effects from the stims are manageable.

@adamae1216
    Heating pad to the rescue! That and resting on the couch playing video games or watching Netflix!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2