October 2021 Moms
Options

Am I still pregnant? Advice and stories appreciated!

Hi all. I’m... anxious as all get out tbh! I had my “period”, the 23rd to 27th and yeah I really thought it was a period! Heavy with some clots *tmi. But 2 days later I had brown spotting and cramp like pains and bloating that’s still happening though the spotting is now light red. After talking to my mom she suggested I take a hpt, since she has an etopic that’s was similar. I didn’t think it would be positive but lo and behold that line popped up before the pee reached the end of the test! So I guess what I am asking is has anyone ever had that happen and had a healthy pregnancy? I’m still spotting off and on with pains off and on but nothing severe. I would be 6weeks based on my last real period. I can’t get in to see the Dr until April 1st and they told me to go to the ER if I had severe pain or bleeding. So 3 weeks of waiting. Yay. I’ve taken 3 tests and all the lines are very dark and pop up immediately. I guess I’m looking for peace of mind that this does happen sometimes and a healthy pregnancy can happen? 

Re: Am I still pregnant? Advice and stories appreciated!

• Options
    I am really sorry you are going through this- limbo is so hard!
    I have had 3 miscarriages, 1 healthy pregnancy and so far this one is going well too. I have had bleeding and cramping of some degree in all of my pregnancies. It’s stressful 🙈 But I am really surprised your doctor is waiting that long to see you based on what you described, to be honest it sounds a bit neglectful. With that amount of bleeding my doctors would always do earlier blood work and an ultrasound to confirm hcg is rising (doubling every 48 hours) and the pregnancy is in your uterus. Not to scare you because everything really could be ok, but ectopic is really dangerous and should be ruled out in pregnancies with lots of bleeding and cramping. Please don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself and if your OB office isn’t willing to do anything i would go to the ER for peace of mind and find a new OB. I’ve had so many crazy rare experiences in my fertility journey and have learned to advocate for myself and find doctors who listen and are thorough. Prayers for peace for you and that everything turns out ok! 

Also I think there is a rule on here not to post pregnancy tests. Don’t stress, but just for further reference! 
  • Options
    @momofmiracles31889 thank you! I am very upset with the OB I just got new insurance so it’s a new office I’ve never been to. We opted to do an elective scan today to see if it is implanted in the correct place and if I am actually pregnant, turns out I am! Just very early on the cusp of 6 weeks, it looks like it implanted over the cervix but everything looked ok. So I will call the Drs Monday with that information, but we saw the flicker of a heart beat, since it was transbdominal we didn’t see much but at least we know it’s there. Now we wait. So now I’m wondering if implanting over the cervix is a risk for anything? She said it should move up as the uterus expands so that’s good I guess?