TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms 3.1-3.7

• Options
    @cait32, I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy your time in Hawaii as much as you would have liked. Will you get another opportunity to travel there? Where in HI were you?
  • Options
    @cait32, that's so cool! Also, I sent you a message to your inbox 😊
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cait32 that sucks that you didn’t get to enjoy it! We used to travel to Hawaii often when we lived in Seattle. It’s such an amazing place, I hope you can go back and enjoy it!
  • Options
    My DD has been blowing kisses and kissing her stuffed animals for a long time, but just this weekend she learned she could kiss me on the mouth. She was so excited by this new discovery and kept kissing me over and over. It's so adorable!! But also, she's sick with a cold. So.... now Mama is also sick with a cold 🤪
  • Options
    chindimples04chindimples04 member
    edited March 2021
    @galentine I missed kissing my daughter so much with COVID. 😭 I have SMOTHERED her in kisses today! However, I do not love the shared illness!
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04, awww I'm so glad you are able to kiss her again! I bet that was torture 😭
  • Options
    My H and I cannot decide if we want to find out the baby's sex. We waffle and change our minds daily. 😂

Who is planning to be Team Green? Has anyone been Team Green in prior pregnancies and have any earth shattering experiences that might help sway me one way or another?
  • Options
    @galentine I’m a planner. I need to find out the sex. We are still deciding if we want to keep it between just us two or if we will tell everyone. I have too many control issues for me to not find out. 🤣
    TTC History

• Options
    @galentine @chindimples04 I'm a planner, too. I want to know the sex yesterday! 😆

Since my appointment was good, now I gotta start thinking about who to tell when, especially work. I have a complicated leave situation and work in a large bureaucracy, so I want to give them ample notice. Any advice on that front?
  • Options
    @galentine We are planning on going team green. We did not last time, mainly because there was going to be soooo much change we wanted to know and be prepared. My husband is supportive of going team green but its really my desire. So who knows maybe I will change my mind. 

• Options
    vampirinavampirina member
    edited March 2021
    @galentine if its your first and you want more kids, team green will get you more gender neutral items (from gifts,, etc) that can be easily reused for baby #2 (or 3 or 4).  Just a thought! 

Personally I LOVED finding out at the birth with both of my babies. It was very emotional in the best way. I don't really know how knowing the sex helps you prepare since babies really need the same stuff regardless, but we don't overly gender anything in our house anyway.  

We've never found out earlier than birth and won't be this time either!
  • Options
    @vampirina, this is our second. We have a DD and found out with her. I did register for all gender neutral things still, so we have basically everything we need except maybe clothing. The hardest part for me is naming. I have a feeling it will be very difficult for H and I to agree on names this time, so I think it would be easier knowing the sex and only having to choose 1 name. 

@chindimples04, I hear you on the planner and control front! I'm the Type A planner in my house. I'm leaning towards finding out, my H is leaning toward Team Green (although, like I said, we change our minds a lot! 😂) I could easily be swayed though, because I'm not sure how many children we want total, and if this baby is out last, it will have been our last opportunity to be Team Green. Gahhh I'm so torn!
  • Options
    @noprobalo, what kind of advice are you looking for? Like when to tell them? Or how?

With my DD, I waited until I was about 13 weeks. I dropped by my boss's office to tell him first, then told my colleagues, then emailed HR. My leave was uncomplicated though. 

Oh, and I brought in cookies that day, because everyone likes cookies 😊
  • Options
    @cait32 I second first trimester leave. I am so exhausted and I can barely eat anything without being nauseous and then I get super weak because I’m not eating enough. It’s terrible.
    TTC History

• Options
    Idk how any of you working moms think clearly in the first trimester because my brain is a constant state of fog with hardly having any food or drink in my system and the extreme fatigue (I’m on Bonjesta so I don’t puke ALL day (only in the afternoon and evening until my pill and 730pm dinner 🤦🏻‍♀️) but it makes me even MORE tired) so fun haha. I’m so thankful I have help from my mom and husband WFH bc I honestly doubt my ability to parent both my children by myself right now. I just feel in survival mode. 

Also I wish I could be team green but as some of you mentioned I am way too much of a planner! We do have gender neutral big ticket items but I like to know what clothes we need. I do some gender neutral baby clothes but not all. Also this is our last bio baby (we hope to adopt again someday but that is never guaranteed) so I kinda want to know whether I’m officially an all boy mama or if I’m gonna have a daughter haha. Will be completely thankful either way- just want to know!! If it is a girl I will be buying all things pink and floral 😄 my SIL is always team green- on baby #4 and she loves it though so if you think you can do it go for it! 
  • Options
    @galentine yes! That’s so exciting! I could have gotten mine Wednesday, but it had only been 12 days since I developed COVID symptoms so I decided to wait out of fear. 

It’s ultrasound day!!! ❤️❤️❤️
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04, good luck at your ultrasound! ❤
  • Options
    @momofmiracles31889 I don't know how im getting through the work day. My coworker asked me to do something in a meeting yesterday and literally two seconds later I completely forgot what I was supposed to do. Hopefully, it wasn't important because I don't think I did it 🤣. 
  • Options
    @galentine Yeah, pretty much just when. Or if there are any pitfalls to avoid or "wish I would have done things differently"-s. The annoying thing is I have to have my first performance evaluation by the end of this month. And my 12 week appointment is on the 29th. Just really annoying timing because I don't want to open myself to getting a bad review (I don't think that would happen, but still).
  • Options
    @noprobalo, in that case, I'd wait until after your performance review. You could even bring it up at the end of the performance review, if you think that would appropriate timing. But if you think the news could potentially affect your review, I'd make sure the review is complete before you announce the pregnancy.
  • Options
    @galentine I think I will wait. The review is not "complete" until it's signed by my supervisor and department head. My supervisor is pretty nice, but I don't know my department head at all. *sigh* I hate to be the problem employee, but if we waited to conceive till it was convenient, I doubt it would ever happen.
  • Options
    @momofmiracles31889 I’m not a working mom as of now since this is my first, but can confirm that I am pretty damn useless at work these days. My brain is not prepared to have a patient every 20 minutes! I just want to take a nap in my office but then people I need to see pile up. And I have definitely noticed some moments of feeling much stupider than I used to. Very ready for 1st trimester to be over. 
  • Options
    Why is pumpkin pie a seasonal thing? It needs to be available year round. Its seriously the only thing that seems remotely appealing at the moment. I'm so hungry but the thought of any food (besides pie) makes me gag. 
  • Options
    Seeing people announce their September pregnancies is making so excited to be able to announce this baby! ❤️❤️
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04 seriously!! I’m DYING to tell my girls!
  • Options
    @fitzfizz the pregnancy brain fog is legit, with my last pregnancy it lasted through post partum I want to say a few months post breastfeeding. 

@cait32 that sounds amazing I hope your hubs is surprised and you have a great time.

ugh the working mom thing is exhausting. I was just talking with my SO and I was saying I feel way more tired this time around and it’s definitely because I’m toddler chasing and then working all day and then toddler chasing. 530pm hits and I’m ready to call it and pass out for the night. 

Also weird but I have NEVER had nosebleeds in my life and all of a sudden I’ve been getting them off and on. Has this happened with anyone else in pregnancy?
  • Options
    @bcliffee1 I had nose bleeds a lot during my first pregnancy, it was very annoying. I had one before my first pregnancy test and it actually made me think, am I pregnant. 
  • Options
    @bcliffee1 and @tingsmom me too on the nose bleeds. Not this time but with my first. I was in Macy’s buying Ray-Bans and some MAC makeup in 2015 and my nose randomly started bleeding everywhere and the employees let me sit in the sunglass and make-up area for over an hour trying to get it to stop. I put it all together after they kept happening and I finally tested! So bizarre.